[FM11] The Damned Biggleswade Town

uncle ron

Chapter 1 - Probably The Best Stadium in the World... Definitely the Worst Team...

Chapter 2 - The Damned Biggleswade Town

Youtube | Twitter | Career Updates | England Levels 7 & 8 Download

Finally time to start my FM2011 career save after spending nearly 5 months hiding in the FM Editor creating my England Levels 7 and 8 edit.

I don't know why...I've moved away from my usual comfort zone of Wiltshire and the South West to Bedfordshire...I've been announced as manager at probably the best stadium in the world... The Carlsberg Stadium in Biggleswade....unfortunately this is home of Biggleswade Town FC in the Zamaretto (Southern) League Division One Central.... there's a long journey to the top of the game, let's see how far I can take Biggleswade Town....

Well... I took Biggleswade to the Ryman League Division One South Championship and into the Ryman Premier Divison, yet after 2 games in the 2012/2013 season I was sacked :( :confused:

So I'm now at Hastings United and intent on inflicting revenge on Biggleswade Town :mad:

The story continues....

Game Setup:

Patch 11.3 and 11.3 data with my league edit

Australia - A League (View Only)

Argentina - Primera Division (View Only)

Belgium - Jupiler Pro League (View Only)

Brazil - Brasilerao (View Only)

England - English Regional First Divisions and above - Download

France - Ligue 2 and above

Germany - 2.Bundesliga and above

Greece - Superleague (View Only)

Italy - Serie B and above

Mexico - Primera Mexicana (View Only)

Netherlands - Jupiler League and above

Portugal - Liga Orangina and above

Russia - Prem'er Liga (View Only)

Scotland - Third Division and above

Spain - Liga Adelante and above

South Africa - ASBA Premiership (View Only)

South Korea - K-League (View Only)

Turkey - Super Lig (View Only)

UKraine - Premyer-Liga (View Only)

USA - MLS (View Only)

Custom database with all players based in England, all players from top division clubs in UK and Ireland, all players with a national and continental in the world, and all current international players in the world. Total approx 72,000

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggleswade Town

[b]Season  | Div | Pos  |  FA Cup  | FA Trophy  | Beds Cup | Ave Attendance |  Wage     | [/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/2011 | Z1C | 3rd  | Prelim   | 1st Qual   | Semi     | 108            |  £120 p/w
2011/2012 | R1S | 1st  | 2nd Qual | 2nd Qual   | Quar     | 97             |  £120 p/w
2012/2013 | RPD | Sacked 29th August 2012

[b] Season   |  Pld  |  Won  | Drn  | Lst |  For  | Agg  | GD  | Win Ratio |[/b]
2010/2011 |   52  |  26   |  10  |  16 |  64   |  56  |  8  |  50%      |  
2011/2012 |   52  |  30   |  9   |  13 |  99   |  54  |  45 |  57%      | 
2012/2013 |   2   |  1    |  0   |  1  |  4    |  2   |  2  |  50%      |    

Hastings United

[b]Season  | Div | Pos  |  FA Cup  | FA Trophy  | Sussex Cup | Ave Attendance |  Wage     | [/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/2013 | R1S | 19th | n/a      | n/a        | 2nd Round  | 291            |  £180 p/w

[b] Season   |  Pld  |  Won  | Drn  | Lst |  For  | Agg  | GD  | Win Ratio |[/b]
2012/2013 |   32  |  11   |  6   |  15 |  40   |  41  |  -1 |  34%      |  

Club History

Founded in 1874, Biggleswade Town are a semi-professional English club currently playing in the Zameretto League Division One Central. They play their games at the Carlsberg Stadium and possess basic training facilities and a very basic youth setup. The club is affectionally known as The Waders and retains a fierce rivalry with Biggleswade United and Bedford Town.

As a club which enjoyed its best spell of success during the 1960s and their last competition win coming as recently as 2009. The Waders are a club with a growing history. Biggleswade Town won the English 9th tier for the only time in 2009, and won the Beds Senior Challenge Cup on eight occasions and finished runners-up on two occasions.

Good luck with this, that's probably the best vid Ive seen too!

Cheers AK22 the vid is a very long introduction to the ground, its a nice modern non-league ground. You can see the dugout where I stand on a matchday towards the end...

2010/2011 Preview - Biggleswade Town - Zamaretto League Division One Central

I've been given a deal until June 2012 worth £140 per week. I've got an AssMan, Physio and Scout at the club so I'll be visiting the job centre soon enough...

Expectations: Respectable top half finish

Transfer budget: £0

Wage budget: £550 p/w (currently spending £645 p/w)

Chairman status: Will listen to offers

Estimated value: £120K

Season ticket holders: 35

Average ticket price: £7

Average season ticket price: £90

AssMan recommended best player: Ashley Fuller

Recommended youth: None!

I'll be posting updated in a similar style to 433Tom with monthly updates of fixtures and goings on at The Carlsberg Stadium.

Ha, nice one!

When I was a kid, I used to live not too far from Biggleswade. Well, in a village halfway between Biggleswade and Hitchin roughly. Obviously, that's not a very interesting fact, but I felt compelled to share it with you. In terms of the football, I was, and still am, more Hitchin Town than Biggleswade Town. :p

Good luck. I'll be following with interest. :thup:

Ha, nice one!

When I was a kid, I used to live not too far from Biggleswade. Well, in a village halfway between Biggleswade and Hitchin roughly. Obviously, that's not a very interesting fact, but I felt compelled to share it with you. In terms of the football, I was, and still am, more Hitchin Town than Biggleswade Town. :p

Good luck. I'll be following with interest. :thup:

I'd be interested to know where? I recently went to Stotfold to have a look at a site for work, nice village green...

Where do you recommend me a place to buy a house on my massive £140 per week wage at Biggleswade Town?

Cheesy video btw. :D

Just a tad and very long... can't believe I wasted several minutes of my life familiarising myself with my new surroundings.

Some very nice local 'derbies' in your league as well. Arlesey Town and Hitchin Town in particular.

Hitchin in the league is going to be massive, just hope I can win...

I'd be interested to know where? I recently went to Stotfold to have a look at a site for work, nice village green...

Here - http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=MMREDIR#JnE9LmhlbmxvdyU3ZXNzdC4wJTdlcGcuMSZiYj01NC45OTM0MjkzNzk4MDQzJTdlMTAuMjE3Mjg1MTU2MjUlN2U0Ny43NDMwODMzNjQyNTE0JTdlLTEwLjIxNzI4NTE1NjI1

Where do you recommend me a place to buy a house on my massive £140 per week wage at Biggleswade Town?

No idea! :D

Just a tad and very long... can't believe I wasted several minutes of my life familiarising myself with my new surroundings.

We all do it. It's not sad, honest. It's all part of the FM experience. ;)

Hitchin in the league is going to be massive, just hope I can win...

It's going to be a tough one. The league in real life is a two horse race between Hitchin and Arlesey at the moment. The Canaries went to Arlesey last night and came away with a 2-1 win.

I think the Waders are actually doing pretty well too, aren't they? I think they might be in or around the play-offs.

Big signing preseason is 29 year old SC David Warner who joined on a free transfer.

David, who started his career at Watford, has been out of the game since leaving Uxbridge in 2009.

I just couldn't resist signing him, excellent attributes for a forward at this level, although he's a bit short of pace.

Unfortunately, he's rather susceptible to injuries. Let's just see if those days are behind him.

Hopefully he won't get injured for too long, as I can't be wasting the £85 per week on his 2 year contract...

Right then...I had only got up to playing the first league game of the season, however I've released a new version of my England Levels 7 and 8 file (Version 4.0.4) today, so I'm starting over again with this new update.

So Warner is history....

2010/2011 Preview - Biggleswade Town - Zamaretto League Division One Central (2)

I've been given a deal until June 2012 worth £120 per week, not sure why I get £20 less than my first attempt at this save?

I've got an AssMan, Physio and Scout at the club so I'll be visiting the job centre soon enough...

Expectations: Respectable top half finish

Transfer budget: £0

Wage budget: £550 p/w (currently spending £645 p/w)

Chairman status: Happy to stay at club

Estimated value: £120K

Season ticket holders: 35

Average ticket price: £7

Average season ticket price: £90

AssMan recommended best player: Ashley Fuller

Recommended youth: None!

I'll be posting updated in a similar style to 433Tom with monthly updates of fixtures and goings on at The Carlsberg Stadium.

3 big pre-season signings this time around:

Ben Zevenbergen - Scout has found a gen with 28 year old MRC. Ben hailos from the Netherlands and last played in England some 10 years ago at Woking. The midfield is looking strong...

Aran Moxam - 17 year old recently released by Doncaster who was more than willing to travel down the A1 to Biggleswade.

Michael Jatto - 33 year old Nigeria previously played at Croydon and Harrow. Brings much needed experience to a young defence. Likely to be named captain for the season.

2010/2011 August - Biggleswade Town - Zamaretto League Division One Central

An indifferent start to the season with 2 league defeats, a narrow win against 9 man Bedfont Town, followed by a tight draw against CRC in the Preliminary Round of the FA Cup.

Scoring goals is the problem. All our goals have come from the central defence....

New captain Michael Jatto is the start so far with a goal and relatively solid performances, shame all the new guys couldn't have started like this...

20118fixtures.png

20118table.png

Goal of the month:

[video=youtube;_1G2Vri9f_Y]

2010/2011 September - Biggleswade Town - Zamaretto League Division One Central

The poor form continued into September.

After being dumped out of the cup at home to CRC in the replay, our lack of goals continued in the next two winless league games.

A solid victory over bottom of the table Bedworth was no real surprise, however the 4-0 reverse at rivals Arlesey certainly was...

Strikers are always injured and only 5 goals so far is pathetic!

20119fixtures.png

20119table.png

None of our goals were any good, so here is one by our opposition:

[video=youtube;mF3ZNub2JPE]

2010/2011 October - Biggleswade Town - Zamaretto League Division One Central

Goals are still like gold dust.

Our top scorer is Michael Jatto with 5 in all comps, 4 in the league, he is of course our central defender.

At this rate we're going to be safe from the drop, but spending your hard earned cash to turn up at Carlsberg Stadium to watch us is pretty boring...at least if your a home fan.

201110fixtures.png

201110table.png

Goal of the month:

What a screamer this is, James Freshwater scores our 3rd in the 3-1 victory over Shepshed in the FA Trophy.

If this isn't goal of the season then I'm in for something special later in the season...

[video=youtube;vexvKCZEI3s]

I bet he comes good. Good pace, first touch, and off the ball atts for his age. You have him on Finishing training?

Yea finishing training.

Already November is a much better month for him, much better...

2010/2011 November - Biggleswade Town - Zamaretto League Division One Central

A complete turnaround in fortunes in November came as a welcome relief to all.

17 year old summer signing Aran Moxam started scoring and a more settled team was able to get some wins.

The change in form was help no end by DC David Williams, who joined at the start of the month. Williams immediately formed a great partnership at the back with captain Jatto.

5 wins out of 6 and only 2 conceded.

Things are certainly looking up at Biggleswade :)

201111fixtures.png

201111table.png

Goal of the month:

Not the best goal...but Moxam's first goal in a Biggleswade shirt certainly raised a smile...

[video=youtube;iDjcmrxCQyE]

2010/2011 December - Biggleswade Town - Zamaretto League Division One Central

A month we were ravaged by injuries, yet we only managed to suffer 1 defeat and moved up in the league, closing the gap to the play-offs.

The big injury and probably the reason why we didn't win more was a shoulder injury to Michael Jatto.

Moxam continues to score, now 8 in the league.

201112fixtures.png

201112table.png

Goal of the month:

It has to be another Moxam goal, this one is a shows great composure with a clinical finish after being put through on goal.

[video=youtube;OXUzGhA-onE]

2010/2011 January - Biggleswade Town - Zamaretto League Division One Central

Now we're cooking with gas...

After the early season inconsistent form we're motoring ahead with 5 wins from 6 games, including a 1-0 win over Barton Rovers to progress in the Bedfordshire Senior Cup.

Although like December's loss against Woodford, when we're poor, we are very poor in the defeat at Slough.

Still...1 point off the play-offs and a nice shiny manager of the month award on a shelf in my office, I couldn't be happier :D

20111fixtures.png

20111table.png

Goal of the month:

Young winger Jack nicely rounded the keeper and placed a composed shot...

[video=youtube;CETzUqGEETk]

If only it wasn't for the bad start to the season

Yea if only some of those early defeats were draws we'd be right in contention of top place...

January was a great month, just need to continue to improve the goal difference and you'll be laughing!

We're still too reliant on Moxam, yet he rarely scores more than 1 per game. 32 goals in 29 games needs improving.

I think I've confused some with the quote

32 goals in 29 games needs improving.

That wasn't what Moxam has scored this season...the whole team has scored only 32 goals in 29 games so far, so I was making a more general point, we're too reliant on Moxam.

Archived