+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [FM11] The Damned Biggleswade Town

Amateur

How many goals does Moxam have this season?

Part-Timer
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com

Quote Originally Posted by rjfreeman View Post
    How many goals does Moxam have this season?
    League - 30 apps / 18 goals
    Cups - 6 apps / 3 goals

Not an extraordinary goal scoring record, but his goals just come at important times.

Reserves

You've got this one nailed down. Knock on wood ;)

International Squad

Tense end to the season.

Part-Timer

2011/2012 - April / May - Biggleswade Town - Ryman League Division One South

It did turn out to be a very tense end to the season...

Our winless run was extended to 6 games, including a crushing 4-1 defeat at Fleet. Afterwards we'd dropped to 2nd and a point behind leaders Leatherhead.

It was in our hands, then all of a sudden it wasn't...

I'm not sure how but we managed to win the last 2 games 3-1 then 3-0.

Both Leatherhead and Faversham stumbled and our promotion was secured thanks to Moxam! CHAMPIONS!!

By the end of June...finally the takeover of the club has completed. Local businessman Andy Marshall has paid a whopping £85,000 for the club, however he doesn't see fit to provide the club with any investment at this stage

Amateur

Well done on winning the league

Reserves

Congratulations with the league "title"

Always exciting when it goes down to the wire like that, whether it's about grabbing a playoff spot, surviving by the scruff of your neck, or winning the 'title'. Great job. Good luck in the Premier.

International Squad

Nice one Ronnie nice one son.

Amateur

Fantastic Season Ron, Staggering GD you got there. Led the League in goals scored and had the best defense. Well done!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Luton Town View Post
    Well done on winning the league
    Thanks...you'll be pleased to know Luton Town won the Bedfordshire Challenge Cup for the second season in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    Congratulations with the league "title"

Always exciting when it goes down to the wire like that, whether it's about grabbing a playoff spot, surviving by the scruff of your neck, or winning the 'title'. Great job. Good luck in the Premier.
    After going so far ahead in the league at the end of March I thought that the league might have been for the taking much earlier, so I'm a little disappointed it went down to the wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    Nice one Ronnie nice one son.
    Cheers Dad... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 433tom View Post
    Fantastic Season Ron, Staggering GD you got there. Led the League in goals scored and had the best defense. Well done!
    Big improvement to better last seasons 53 goals, 81 in the league was amazing and thanks to a few tactical changes. I'm interested to see whether I'll have to make many tactical changes to be more defensive in the Premier League.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by uncle ron View Post
    Big improvement to better last seasons 53 goals, 81 in the league was amazing and thanks to a few tactical changes. I'm interested to see whether I'll have to make many tactical changes to be more defensive in the Premier League.
    I'd say the chance of that is pretty high ;)

Youth Team

Great season, and as Pangaea has already stated it's always a huge relief when you achieved something on the final day of the season.

£85k does seem a fair bit of money to buy the club for, there's several clubs higher up the league structure that would have probably cost less.

Part-Timer

2012/2013 Preview - Biggleswade Town - Ryman League Premier Division

We've been sorted into the Ryman League Premier Division which is fair enough, so I can look forward to games against Cambridge City, Canvey Island, Grays, Kingstonian, Maidstone and Margate.

My contract was up at the end of the season and I expected it to be renewed swiftly given the success, however I had to wait until the end of July to sign a new contract until June 2013.

Expectations: Safe mid-table finish
    Odds: 3-1 (3rd favourites!)
    Media Prediction: 14th
    Transfer budget: £0
    Wage budget: £2,111 p/w (currently spending £2,034 p/w)
    Chairman status: Happy to stay at club
    Estimated value: £190K (loan debt £20k)
    Season ticket holders: 38
    Average ticket price: £9.50
    Average season ticket price: £121

New signings:

With a massive increase in the budget to £2,111 p/w I finally secured the services of a scout and set about to completely rebuild the team...a young team with good potential.

Jude Stirling (DRC / DL) - 30yo released from MK Dons was an obvious choice to fill our problem right back position.

Callum McNaughton DC - 20yo released by West Ham

Craig Harris MC / MRL - 19 yo released by Bournemouth easily in to fill a MC slot

Craig Read DC - 21yo joins permanently after his 2 previous successful loan spells from Bishops Stortford, hopefully he can make the step up in grade.

Dereece Gardner SC - 18yo released by Watford and hopefully our first choice forward

Elikum Amenku AMC - 18yo released by West Brom and a great prospect for the future

Reice Charles-Cook GK - 18yo released by Arsenal signed as new 1st choice keeper

Jordan Sinnott DMC - 18yo released by Huddersfield and another young first teamer

Tyler Blackett DLC - 18yo released by Manchester United and new 1st choice left back

Once I play a game or two I'll work out the average team age as it could be a low as 20!
    Last edited by uncle ron; 09-04-2011 at 16:42.

Part-Timer

I'm absolutely shell shocked and angry! :mad:

Having assembled a great team full of potential and within the wage budget, we showed our promise with a 4-1 hammering of Leyton in the opening league game.

A few days later on Bank Holiday Monday we travelled to Lowestoft and should've secured at least a point, but lost against 10 men Lowestoft 1-0. Disappointing yes...but hardly the end of the world.

So why 2 days later do I receive this news?....

There's been no inkling that I have been in any danger of losing my job.

Yes...the new chairman took over at the end of the season but he's willing to give me the sack after 2 league games...MADNESS!

So my Biggleswade journey is over, I'm heading back to the job centre....

Youth Team

Wow, that's harsh! I don't think I've ever seen a sacking 2 games into the season after getting promotion the season before. No doubt they'll go on and win the league now and totally rub salt in the wound!

Hope you find a new club that isn't being run by a total arse I can imagine you're more than peeved at the moment!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Wow, that's harsh! I don't think I've ever seen a sacking 2 games into the season after getting promotion the season before. No doubt they'll go on and win the league now and totally rub salt in the wound!

Hope you find a new club that isn't being run by a total arse I can imagine you're more than peeved at the moment!
    They have appointed the former manager of Mossley who has been out of work for over 12 months after finishing 23rd in the Evo-Stik First Division North and getting Mossley relegated...

Semi Pro

I'm absolutely shell shocked and angry! :mad:

Having assembled a great team full of potential and within the wage budget, we showed our promise with a 4-1 hammering of Leyton in the opening league game.

A few days later on Bank Holiday Monday we travelled to Lowestoft and should've secured at least a point, but lost against 10 men Lowestoft 1-0. Disappointing yes...but hardly the end of the world.

So why 2 days later do I receive this news?....

There's been no inkling that I have been in any danger of losing my job.

Yes...the new chairman took over at the end of the season but he's willing to give me the sack after 2 league games...MADNESS!

So my Biggleswade journey is over, I'm heading back to the job centre....

Sorry about that, this game needs a rage feature, where after you get sacked, you can type how angry you are with the chairman and how much you hate him, oh and a dartboard with his face on it would be nice too, I know how many times I'd like to smash my chairman in the face.

Part-Timer

I had something similar happen to me in my journeyman save. Prior to the takeover I got told the new chairman would want to install his own man, but after the takeover he told me he'd think about it and get back to me. Took a couple of weeks for him to finally decide to sack me.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTactician247 View Post
    Sorry about that, this game needs a rage feature, where after you get sacked, you can type how angry you are with the chairman and how much you hate him, oh and a dartboard with his face on it would be nice too, I know how many times I'd like to smash my chairman in the face.
    To be honest I don't have a problem with this game 'feature', the thing that really angers me is the lack of any reason why I've been sacked...

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post
    I had something similar happen to me in my journeyman save. Prior to the takeover I got told the new chairman would want to install his own man, but after the takeover he told me he'd think about it and get back to me. Took a couple of weeks for him to finally decide to sack me.
    When Andy Marshall took over back in late May / June there was never any media articles where my future was questioned, so I'm still shocked by this rash decision...

Part-Timer

I think I might have found a reason why the board's confidence in me may have been reduced... a few days before my dismissal I sold a player to rivals Hitchin which raised an eyebrow....

Could that be the cause of my sacking?

Semi Pro

I think I might have found a reason why the board's confidence in me may have been reduced... a few days before my dismissal I sold a player to rivals Hitchin which raised an eyebrow....

Could that be the cause of my sacking?
    That would be harsh... imagine Fergie getting sacked for selling Silvestre to Arsenal...

Part-Timer

Chapter 2 - "The Damned Biggleswade Town"

9th November 2012 - Hastings United - Ryman League Division One South

So after just over 3 months on gardening leave, I accept my 2nd job offer...Hastings United (the other being North Greenford).

I've accepted a £190 p/w contract until June 2013.

Wage budget: £2,100 p/w

After being relegated from the Ryman Premier a season ago, Hastings have found life in Level 8 very tough and have already lost £73,000 this season!

Previous manager Curtis Jacobs was sacked after a disastrous start. Hastings are 21st having played 11, won 1, drawn 3, lost 7, scored 8 and conceded 18.

The media predicted a 6th place finish so there is a lot of work to do to make up ground on the top of the league. I've done it with Biggleswade before so why can't I win the Ryman Division One South again?

Last edited by uncle ron; 10-04-2011 at 19:22.

Part-Timer

That would be harsh... imagine Fergie getting sacked for selling Silvestre to Arsenal...
    I agree...although I can't see another possible reason?

Amateur

Good luck with Hastings, I've been to see them play against Tonbridge once. Shame about the sacking, the season ahead was looking promising.

Amateur

That sacking was harsh! Glad to see you've kept going with the save though....good luck with Hastings!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by offen94 View Post
    Good luck with Hastings, I've been to see them play against Tonbridge once. Shame about the sacking, the season ahead was looking promising.
    The season was really promising. What is hard to take is the time I took over the summer to assemble a quality squad capable of challenging for promotion, what a waste...

Amateur

Next pre-season try to set up a friendly match against Biggleswade, just to see if the new manager has ruined the team or not :P

Amateur

The season was really promising. What is hard to take is the time I took over the summer to assemble a quality squad capable of challenging for promotion, what a waste...
    At least you can take the credit for it if they do well.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by pezza1 View Post
    That sacking was harsh! Glad to see you've kept going with the save though....good luck with Hastings!
    Thanks!

Gotta keep going with the save, I just love playing long term games and I'm not going to let this ruin things.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff 1993 View Post
    Next pre-season try to set up a friendly match against Biggleswade, just to see if the new manager has ruined the team or not :P
    I'm not bitter....I feel a viscous campaign against Biggleswade is in order whilst Andy Marshall is still chairman ;)

Reserves

Wow! That's really harsh and unfair Ron

At least you're in the Ryman now (strategic choice? ;)) so you can whip their ass to Pluto and back when you manage to assemble a fine squad in Hastings. Can certainly understand the worst frustration is the time wasted on finding players. I know what a drag the summer is when you are in need of strengthening.

Such a weird timing. Hopefully the new bloke does an equally 'good' job with Biggleswade so you can face them next season already. Would be nice if the game had proper media functions so you could send out some truly hateful messages to the guy. Really weak you're not given a reason for your sacking either. That's something I dislike with the game in many domains. Players suddenly unhappy but you have no idea why and no way to fix it. And chairmen being crooks but you have no way to interact with them at all. Yes, there is the board requests, but we all know how 'useful' those are.

International Squad

Probably not the best chairman in the world.

Part-Timer

Wow! That's really harsh and unfair Ron

At least you're in the Ryman now (strategic choice? ;)) so you can whip their ass to Pluto and back when you manage to assemble a fine squad in Hastings. Can certainly understand the worst frustration is the time wasted on finding players. I know what a drag the summer is when you are in need of strengthening.

Such a weird timing. Hopefully the new bloke does an equally 'good' job with Biggleswade so you can face them next season already. Would be nice if the game had proper media functions so you could send out some truly hateful messages to the guy. Really weak you're not given a reason for your sacking either. That's something I dislike with the game in many domains. Players suddenly unhappy but you have no idea why and no way to fix it. And chairmen being crooks but you have no way to interact with them at all. Yes, there is the board requests, but we all know how 'useful' those are.
    Very, very unfair sacking...

Can't wait until I play Biggleswade to give them a thrashing...however not any time soon as Hastings are woeful...

Reserves

if it helps, they got relegated out of the Isthmian Premier in dead last place in my save.

At least you got a solid goal now. Kick their arses ;)

It's odd though, this sacking after takeovers seems to be very random. I was almost sure I'd be sacked. Was "very insecure" ffs. So how they deduced there was impressive fan support I'll never know.

Part-Timer

if it helps, they got relegated out of the Isthmian Premier in dead last place in my save.

At least you got a solid goal now. Kick their arses ;)

It's odd though, this sacking after takeovers seems to be very random. I was almost sure I'd be sacked. Was "very insecure" ffs. So how they deduced there was impressive fan support I'll never know.
    Great to see Biggleswade fail in your save....I hate Biggleswade! :mad:

Me thinks I'll have to rename this thread...

Part-Timer

2012/2013 - November / December Update - Hastings United - Ryman League Division One South

For a club that had previously played in the tier above the quality of this expensive (in wages) squad is woefully poor.

I joined after 11 games and this period was my 11 league games, so 4 wins, 2 draws and 5 defeats (14 points) is a good start with the poor quality squad at my disposal.

I would talk about new signings that have made an impact...the problem is that there have been none. The quality of the frees available isn't of a good enough standard, so for now I'm stuck with what I've already got.

The thing that's keeping me going is the potential of Hastings. We're averaging 296 fans per game, by far the biggest in the league, and we've got a good sized stadium. So bright times ahead for Hastings...just not yet...

Reserves

A respectable start. GL.

Managed to pinch any players off of them? ;)

Part-Timer

A respectable start. GL.

Managed to pinch any players off of them? ;)
    I've tried to get Moxam and Sutherland on loan, however despite the loan bids being accepted, they both weren't interested in joining me.

I don't necessarily blame them for not coming...would you given our league position?

Amateur

2 games? Plenty of time that is! Did the chairman have a very short fuse?
    gl at Hasting utd (y)

Amateur

You competed a compettion called the "Championship Manager Cup"? Shame on you, I would have pulled out on principle (if that was possible in game!)

Amateur

Hmmm. Uncle Ron....Fergie, Uncle Ron... Fergie, Uncle Ron... Fergie, I think not. Uncle Ron.. Yes.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by brFM2011 View Post
    2 games? Plenty of time that is! Did the chairman have a very short fuse?
    gl at Hasting utd (y)
    Seems like he had a very short fuse. I wish I could have a look at his hidden chairman stats to help me figure him out....

Part-Timer

You competed a compettion called the "Championship Manager Cup"? Shame on you, I would have pulled out on principle (if that was possible in game!)
    Yea unfortunate sponsorship of the Isthmian League Cup there. I really should've changed it to a different name when I created this file.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by 433tom View Post
    Hmmm. Uncle Ron....Fergie, Uncle Ron... Fergie, Uncle Ron... Fergie, I think not. Uncle Ron.. Yes.
    For a moment I was enjoying being spoken in the same sentence as Sir Alex...

Reserves

Big Ron ?

International Squad

Little Ron?

Part-Timer

2012/2013 - January / February Update - Hastings United - Ryman League Division One South

This is turning out to be a right old slog to ensure Division One South safety...

9 games in this period, 3 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats probably indicates we have enough to get the desired points, however our February form leaves much to be desired.

I'm struggling to get anyone decent to join on loan or find 'quality' free transfers at the this late stage of the season, so I'm eager to get this season over and done with to start afresh with a new squad for 2013/2014...

Of course, that's if the club still want me as their manager...

Goal of Jan / Feb:

Recent signing (SC) Keane scores a great finish after our best passing move of the season so far...

Amateur

Excellent read ron

Reserves

Walton and Hersham on top. Fly little Swans, fly!

Struggling to survive are the best seasons. Looks like you have it reasonably under control so good luck.

Amateur

Looks like your home form will be enough to keep you up!

Part-Timer

2012/2013 - March / April / May Update - Hastings United - Ryman League Division One South

Our poor February form continued right through March. Losing 7 in a row isn't fun and certainly doesn't help your chances of avoiding the drop.

At the end of March we were sat 20th and level on points with Chipstead on 32 points.

As for our turnaround in April with 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat I can definitely take the full credit.

The switch from my successful 4-4-2 that worked at Biggleswade to a 4-5-1 / 4-1-2-2-1 worked a treat. Why I previously persisted with the same formation week after week I don't know...

Also I managed to sign DC Dean Pooley from Thurrock just before the loan deadline. He played 6 April games scoring 3 goals, 2 man of match awards and an average rating of 7.68. No wonder we only conceded 2 goals in the run in. Despite playing just 6 games Pooley wins my Player of the Season Award!

I thought it would go down to the wire and thankfully it didn't and we survive to play at Level 8 in 2013/2014.

For my troubles my Chairman awards me with a new 1 year contract at £300 per week.

What the final 6 games proved to me is that with the right signings over the summer and some thought to the tactics, Hastings could well be in the reckoning for promotion next year.

The mass clear out of the dead wood begins and hopefully Hastings United will be reinvented and rejuvinated to promotion

Amateur

Congrats on staying up! Its horrible when you get on those long losing runs as I have found in my save! Difficult to built up the squads confidence enough I find. As I was scrolling down the thread and saw all those red dots for the month of march I feared for you, but great turn around in April. Good luck for next year!!

Reserves

Well done keeping the team up and good luck for next season. With a new and rejuvenated squad you will hopefully climb up the table and perhaps fight for a playoff spot. GL

Youth Team

Well done on avoiding relegation, it was quite a close league by the looks of it Corinthians certainly hit their stride at the right time too!

Not particularly high scoring though, league top-scorers only with 69. Cow's arse and banjo springs to mind

International Squad

Aye, well done Ron.

Part-Timer

Congrats on staying up! Its horrible when you get on those long losing runs as I have found in my save! Difficult to built up the squads confidence enough I find. As I was scrolling down the thread and saw all those red dots for the month of march I feared for you, but great turn around in April. Good luck for next year!!
    I feared for our future as well with defeat after defeat, not had a bad run like that in FM for a while.

Part-Timer

Well done keeping the team up and good luck for next season. With a new and rejuvenated squad you will hopefully climb up the table and perhaps fight for a playoff spot. GL
    Hopefully we'll make a real push for promotion. Fortunately if that fails the chairman expectations are slightly lower.

Part-Timer

Well done on avoiding relegation, it was quite a close league by the looks of it Corinthians certainly hit their stride at the right time too!

Not particularly high scoring though, league top-scorers only with 69. Cow's arse and banjo springs to mind
    Hopefully the league will be similarly close with everyone beating each other again next season. 2012/2013 was a lot less exciting that my Biggleswade total of 81 goals and 83 points.

Speaking of Biggleswade....they survived Ryman Premier Division with a 14th place finish and runner up in the Championship Manager Cup

Reserves

Speaking of Biggleswade....they survived Ryman Premier Division with a 14th place finish and runner up in the Championship Manager Cup
    Such a bad name. You should have changed it to Championshit Manager Cup Sucks Arse or something like that.

Part-Timer

2013/2014 - August - November Update - Hastings United - Ryman League Division One South

I haven't had much time to play FM recently so here's a condensed update of my progress with Hastings in 2013/2014.

19 players and 17 join over the summer. A complete new squad and I'm starting to push the wage budget a bit, pushing the club more into debt (currently standing at around £100,000).

What a difference a year makes. When I took over in November 2012 we were sitting in the relegation zone, now after the first 4 months we've only lost a single game.

We've had a club record run of games unbeaten and wins in a row and I'm manager of the month for November.

With 3 games in hand there's every chance I can start to catch runaway leaders Leatherhead.

Reserves

Great start to the season

Usually some team(s) run away in the start but whiff away towards the end, so if you can keep up momentum you have a great chance to get promoted.

Decent defense I see :shock:

Part-Timer

2013/2014 - December - April Update - Hastings United - Ryman League Division One South

I've reached the penultimate game of the season and things are getting exciting...

Here's how I got here:

I've caught and overtaken previous runnaway leaders Leatherhead and level on points with Tooting & Mitcham with a slightly inferior goal difference.

All 3 teams can take the title.

Final games:

Chatham v Hastings
    Godalming v Tooting & Mitcham
    Horsham v Leatherhead

I've definitely got the hardest game of the 3.

Hopefully I can secure my 2nd Isthmian Division One South title in 3 seasons, otherwise it is the lottery of the playoffs.

Amateur

That 4-1 defeat to Faversham could cost you

Part-Timer

That 4-1 defeat to Faversham could cost you
    Aye could do, I was top for the first time before that game and that result was a shock.

Part-Timer

It just wasn't to be...

I was lucky to get a draw and finish with 11 players given the injuries to 3 key players and cautions. KIng and Gorrin miss the rest of the season.

Elsewhere...

So we wouldn't have been promoted with a win anyway. At least we got the late equaliser to finish second.

In the play-offs we've been drawn against Fleet.

Amateur

Good luck in the playoffs! Like you said, you would have to have won big on the last day to get the title.

Still, you're in reasonable form going into the play-offs.

Amateur

Good luck for the play-offs.

Reserves

So close there Ron. Good luck in the playoffs.

Not a good season for the Horshams.

Part-Timer

2013/2014 - May Update - Hastings United - Ryman League Division One South

Into the play-offs The Arrows go....

First up is the semi-final with Fleet. An easy game which we never looked like losing. A deserved 2-0 victory in front of a record Isthmian Division One South crowd of 1216.

Into the FINAL versus early season pacesetters Leatherhead!

The Final has to be one of the greatest matches I've ever played on Football Manager.

Going into the match I doubted our chances. Only 2 central midfielders fit in a 3 man midfield doesn't go, yet I persist to play out of position to go into the match with my favoured 4-1-2-2-1.

We couldn't control the first half. In fact I'd say it was one of our worst performances of the season. Leatherhead take the deserved half time lead, even thought it was a penalty...

A half time rollicking and changing round the midfield works as DC Jordan Tuncliffe equalises with a header from a corner.

Late in the second half we finally make the breakthrough in the 86th minute with a close range finish by AMR Matt Barnes.

Surely that goal seals promotion for Hastings?

NO... Leatherhead only go and spoil the party with a very late strike, 3 minutes into injury time!

As for extra time, the players are flat having conceded so late. We can't make our advantage over 10 man Leatherhead (as they were reduced through injuries) pay.

Until the 119th minute as Barnes finds space down the right and his cross is met by MC Mark Smith to head home.

Final Whistle... HASTINGS ARE PROMOTED

With Biggleswade Town finishing 12th in the Ryman Premier League, I'm coming to reek my revenge :mad:
    Last edited by uncle ron; 04-05-2011 at 19:59.

Part-Timer

Match Highlights

Amateur

Well done on promotion are you in the same division as Biggleswade town now?

International Squad

Well done Ronster.

Youth Team

Great job with the playoff win, looking forward to see you batter Biggleswade Town next season

Part-Timer

Well done on promotion are you in the same division as Biggleswade town now?
    Well done Ronster.
    Great job with the playoff win, looking forward to see you batter Biggleswade Town next season
    Thanks, I'm extatic with the promotion.

I haven't yet got to the end of the season, but hopefully Hastings should be sorted into the Isthmian Premier Division where we'll face Biggleswade next season.

Amateur

Cracking thread, enjoying it so far. Good luck next season and I hope you get your ultimate revenge!

Reserves

Congrats on the promotion and good luck on raining death and defeat upon Biggleswade next season

Matches like that is what makes FM such an experience. From utter despair to euphoria in a matter of real-life minutes.

Part-Timer

Right then I'll just be doing condensed season updates from now on.

Now that I've reached the end of 2014/2015 here we go...

2014/2015 | Hastings United | Ryman League Premier Division

Expectations: Safe mid table finish
    Wage budget: £3,400 per week

Since I've been at Hastings I've played a 4-5-1 and this continues for our first season back in the Ryman Premier Division. 8 signings are made in the expectation of sticking to this formation and I managed to attract a high calibre of player, I started to believe we could challenge for the play-offs.

The problem was a few months in our season was stuttering, we were mid table but I thought we could do better with the players at my disposal. So I threw away the 4-5-1 and embarked on rebuilding the team less than 3 months into the season, resulting in 8 more signings on free transfers as I'm asking the team to play with a lot more attacking flair with a 4-2-3-1.

The new formation took about 1 month for the team to settle in, then as our progress graph shows our second half of the season is a joy to watch and we cement our position as play-off contenders.

On the way to this finish we take the final six points off Biggleswade Town. An early season 2-1 win at home under the old 4-5-1 is followed up with a 4-1 thrashing of Biggleswade at the Carlsberg Stadium. Just to emphasise our dominance under the new setup and 8 later signings we lose only 3 league games after the new year.

The 3rd place finish sends us into a play-off tie at home against Kingstonian. After last season's nervy affair I remained confident we could secure our second successive promotion, especially with this new squad and tactics, however I was wrong as we lost 3-1.

1-1 after normal time Kingstonian took the extra time lead and I had to push forward for the equaliser, however it was inevitable we'd be caught on the break and that gave away the foul that lead to their final goal. The 3-1 scoreline flattered them...

Ryman Premier League - 3rd and Play-Off Semi Finalists - Table | Progress Graph

FA Cup - 1st qualifying round defeat to Chatham

FA Trophy - 1st qualifying round defeat to Bracknell

Championship Manager Cup - WINNERS - My first piece of silverware as we walk the Champ Man Cup. We faced a Ryman First Division team for the quarter, semi and final and scored plenty and set new records.

Squad - One big highlight of the seaosn was three of the squad recieving call-ups for youth internationals throughout the season. DR Nunn got called up 3 times by England u20 and played once, DC/DMC Patterson received an Ireland u19 cap and AMC Will Gibson was called up by England U20s but didn't play a game.

Goal of the Season: AML/SC - Ozer scores an absolute wonder goal in the Championship Manager Cup final

International Squad

Unlucky Ron.

Part-Timer

Heh, Championship Manager makes a return to SI Games. :P

International Squad

You should have called it the Eidos Suck Arse Cup.

Youth Team

Bad luck, the playoffs are really an arse. Hopefully, third time lucky next season.

Well done on the cup win

Amateur

Are you looking at any supermarine players Ron? How are they getting on?

Part-Timer

You should have called it the Eidos Suck Arse Cup.
    Very true, might change that for the next release of my file...

Bad luck, the playoffs are really an arse. Hopefully, third time lucky next season.

Well done on the cup win
    Cheers! The play-off defeat was a true kick in the teeth after a great second half of the season, lifted by the excellent cup win.
    Quote Originally Posted by sound of eden View Post
    Are you looking at any supermarine players Ron? How are they getting on?
    Supermarine have just been relegated from Zamaretto South / West after a terrible year. They were 2nd in October and then went on a 9 game losing run and finished 21st.

Amateur

Really liking this story. Not the most descriptive, but I read every update with pleasure. Its a shame you lost in the playoffs. I'd like to see your team vs Biggleswade(sp) in the playoff final!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2