+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 101 to 185 of 185

Thread: [FM11] The Damned Biggleswade Town

  1. #101
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd December 2010
    Posts
    291

    Default

    How many goals does Moxam have this season?

  2. #102
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rjfreeman View Post
    How many goals does Moxam have this season?
    League - 30 apps / 18 goals
    Cups - 6 apps / 3 goals

    Not an extraordinary goal scoring record, but his goals just come at important times.

  3. #103
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th October 2002
    Posts
    12,543

    Default

    You've got this one nailed down. Knock on wood ;)

  4. #104
    International Squad
    Join Date
    5th November 2002
    Location
    On the golf course
    Posts
    30,015

    Default

    Tense end to the season.

  5. #105
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    2011/2012 - April / May - Biggleswade Town - Ryman League Division One South

    It did turn out to be a very tense end to the season...

    Our winless run was extended to 6 games, including a crushing 4-1 defeat at Fleet. Afterwards we'd dropped to 2nd and a point behind leaders Leatherhead.

    It was in our hands, then all of a sudden it wasn't...

    I'm not sure how but we managed to win the last 2 games 3-1 then 3-0.

    Both Leatherhead and Faversham stumbled and our promotion was secured thanks to Moxam! CHAMPIONS!!

    By the end of June...finally the takeover of the club has completed. Local businessman Andy Marshall has paid a whopping £85,000 for the club, however he doesn't see fit to provide the club with any investment at this stage






  6. #106
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th February 2010
    Location
    Leighton Buzzard
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Well done on winning the league

  7. #107
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th October 2002
    Posts
    12,543

    Default

    Congratulations with the league "title"

    Always exciting when it goes down to the wire like that, whether it's about grabbing a playoff spot, surviving by the scruff of your neck, or winning the 'title'. Great job. Good luck in the Premier.

  8. #108
    International Squad
    Join Date
    5th November 2002
    Location
    On the golf course
    Posts
    30,015

    Default

    Nice one Ronnie nice one son.

  9. #109
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th October 2007
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Fantastic Season Ron, Staggering GD you got there. Led the League in goals scored and had the best defense. Well done!

  10. #110
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luton Town View Post
    Well done on winning the league
    Thanks...you'll be pleased to know Luton Town won the Bedfordshire Challenge Cup for the second season in a row.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    Congratulations with the league "title"

    Always exciting when it goes down to the wire like that, whether it's about grabbing a playoff spot, surviving by the scruff of your neck, or winning the 'title'. Great job. Good luck in the Premier.
    After going so far ahead in the league at the end of March I thought that the league might have been for the taking much earlier, so I'm a little disappointed it went down to the wire.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    Nice one Ronnie nice one son.
    Cheers Dad... ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by 433tom View Post
    Fantastic Season Ron, Staggering GD you got there. Led the League in goals scored and had the best defense. Well done!
    Big improvement to better last seasons 53 goals, 81 in the league was amazing and thanks to a few tactical changes. I'm interested to see whether I'll have to make many tactical changes to be more defensive in the Premier League.

  11. #111
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th October 2002
    Posts
    12,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncle ron View Post
    Big improvement to better last seasons 53 goals, 81 in the league was amazing and thanks to a few tactical changes. I'm interested to see whether I'll have to make many tactical changes to be more defensive in the Premier League.
    I'd say the chance of that is pretty high ;)

  12. #112
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    12th November 2010
    Location
    FMCU Best Thread Name Winner 2012 & 2013
    Posts
    5,017

    Default

    Great season, and as Pangaea has already stated it's always a huge relief when you achieved something on the final day of the season.

    £85k does seem a fair bit of money to buy the club for, there's several clubs higher up the league structure that would have probably cost less.

  13. #113
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    2012/2013 Preview - Biggleswade Town - Ryman League Premier Division

    We've been sorted into the Ryman League Premier Division which is fair enough, so I can look forward to games against Cambridge City, Canvey Island, Grays, Kingstonian, Maidstone and Margate.

    My contract was up at the end of the season and I expected it to be renewed swiftly given the success, however I had to wait until the end of July to sign a new contract until June 2013.

    Expectations: Safe mid-table finish
    Odds: 3-1 (3rd favourites!)
    Media Prediction: 14th
    Transfer budget: £0
    Wage budget: £2,111 p/w (currently spending £2,034 p/w)
    Chairman status: Happy to stay at club
    Estimated value: £190K (loan debt £20k)
    Season ticket holders: 38
    Average ticket price: £9.50
    Average season ticket price: £121

    New signings:

    With a massive increase in the budget to £2,111 p/w I finally secured the services of a scout and set about to completely rebuild the team...a young team with good potential.

    Jude Stirling (DRC / DL) - 30yo released from MK Dons was an obvious choice to fill our problem right back position.

    Callum McNaughton DC - 20yo released by West Ham

    Craig Harris MC / MRL - 19 yo released by Bournemouth easily in to fill a MC slot

    Craig Read DC - 21yo joins permanently after his 2 previous successful loan spells from Bishops Stortford, hopefully he can make the step up in grade.

    Dereece Gardner SC - 18yo released by Watford and hopefully our first choice forward

    Elikum Amenku AMC - 18yo released by West Brom and a great prospect for the future

    Reice Charles-Cook GK - 18yo released by Arsenal signed as new 1st choice keeper

    Jordan Sinnott DMC - 18yo released by Huddersfield and another young first teamer

    Tyler Blackett DLC - 18yo released by Manchester United and new 1st choice left back

    Once I play a game or two I'll work out the average team age as it could be a low as 20!
    Last edited by uncle ron; 09-04-2011 at 16:42.

  14. #114
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    I'm absolutely shell shocked and angry! :mad:

    Having assembled a great team full of potential and within the wage budget, we showed our promise with a 4-1 hammering of Leyton in the opening league game.

    A few days later on Bank Holiday Monday we travelled to Lowestoft and should've secured at least a point, but lost against 10 men Lowestoft 1-0. Disappointing yes...but hardly the end of the world.

    So why 2 days later do I receive this news?....



    There's been no inkling that I have been in any danger of losing my job.

    Yes...the new chairman took over at the end of the season but he's willing to give me the sack after 2 league games...MADNESS!

    So my Biggleswade journey is over, I'm heading back to the job centre....


  15. #115
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    12th November 2010
    Location
    FMCU Best Thread Name Winner 2012 & 2013
    Posts
    5,017

    Default

    Wow, that's harsh! I don't think I've ever seen a sacking 2 games into the season after getting promotion the season before. No doubt they'll go on and win the league now and totally rub salt in the wound!

    Hope you find a new club that isn't being run by a total arse I can imagine you're more than peeved at the moment!

  16. #116
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Wow, that's harsh! I don't think I've ever seen a sacking 2 games into the season after getting promotion the season before. No doubt they'll go on and win the league now and totally rub salt in the wound!

    Hope you find a new club that isn't being run by a total arse I can imagine you're more than peeved at the moment!
    They have appointed the former manager of Mossley who has been out of work for over 12 months after finishing 23rd in the Evo-Stik First Division North and getting Mossley relegated...

  17. #117
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    18th January 2010
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncle ron View Post
    I'm absolutely shell shocked and angry! :mad:

    Having assembled a great team full of potential and within the wage budget, we showed our promise with a 4-1 hammering of Leyton in the opening league game.

    A few days later on Bank Holiday Monday we travelled to Lowestoft and should've secured at least a point, but lost against 10 men Lowestoft 1-0. Disappointing yes...but hardly the end of the world.

    So why 2 days later do I receive this news?....



    There's been no inkling that I have been in any danger of losing my job.

    Yes...the new chairman took over at the end of the season but he's willing to give me the sack after 2 league games...MADNESS!

    So my Biggleswade journey is over, I'm heading back to the job centre....

    Sorry about that, this game needs a rage feature, where after you get sacked, you can type how angry you are with the chairman and how much you hate him, oh and a dartboard with his face on it would be nice too, I know how many times I'd like to smash my chairman in the face.

  18. #118
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    13th September 2008
    Location
    CSE
    Posts
    1,355

    Default

    I had something similar happen to me in my journeyman save. Prior to the takeover I got told the new chairman would want to install his own man, but after the takeover he told me he'd think about it and get back to me. Took a couple of weeks for him to finally decide to sack me.

  19. #119
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManUTactician247 View Post
    Sorry about that, this game needs a rage feature, where after you get sacked, you can type how angry you are with the chairman and how much you hate him, oh and a dartboard with his face on it would be nice too, I know how many times I'd like to smash my chairman in the face.
    To be honest I don't have a problem with this game 'feature', the thing that really angers me is the lack of any reason why I've been sacked...

  20. #120
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post
    I had something similar happen to me in my journeyman save. Prior to the takeover I got told the new chairman would want to install his own man, but after the takeover he told me he'd think about it and get back to me. Took a couple of weeks for him to finally decide to sack me.
    When Andy Marshall took over back in late May / June there was never any media articles where my future was questioned, so I'm still shocked by this rash decision...

  21. #121
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    I think I might have found a reason why the board's confidence in me may have been reduced... a few days before my dismissal I sold a player to rivals Hitchin which raised an eyebrow....

    Could that be the cause of my sacking?

  22. #122
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    18th January 2010
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncle ron View Post
    I think I might have found a reason why the board's confidence in me may have been reduced... a few days before my dismissal I sold a player to rivals Hitchin which raised an eyebrow....

    Could that be the cause of my sacking?
    That would be harsh... imagine Fergie getting sacked for selling Silvestre to Arsenal...

  23. #123
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Chapter 2 - "The Damned Biggleswade Town"

    9th November 2012 - Hastings United - Ryman League Division One South

    So after just over 3 months on gardening leave, I accept my 2nd job offer...Hastings United (the other being North Greenford).

    I've accepted a £190 p/w contract until June 2013.

    Transfer budget: £0
    Wage budget: £2,100 p/w

    After being relegated from the Ryman Premier a season ago, Hastings have found life in Level 8 very tough and have already lost £73,000 this season!

    Previous manager Curtis Jacobs was sacked after a disastrous start. Hastings are 21st having played 11, won 1, drawn 3, lost 7, scored 8 and conceded 18.

    The media predicted a 6th place finish so there is a lot of work to do to make up ground on the top of the league. I've done it with Biggleswade before so why can't I win the Ryman Division One South again?



    Last edited by uncle ron; 10-04-2011 at 19:22.

  24. #124
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManUTactician247 View Post
    That would be harsh... imagine Fergie getting sacked for selling Silvestre to Arsenal...
    I agree...although I can't see another possible reason?

  25. #125
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th December 2010
    Location
    Guernsey
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Good luck with Hastings, I've been to see them play against Tonbridge once. Shame about the sacking, the season ahead was looking promising.

  26. #126
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th October 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, GO WHITECAPS GO!!!!!
    Posts
    362

    Default

    That sacking was harsh! Glad to see you've kept going with the save though....good luck with Hastings!

  27. #127
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by offen94 View Post
    Good luck with Hastings, I've been to see them play against Tonbridge once. Shame about the sacking, the season ahead was looking promising.
    The season was really promising. What is hard to take is the time I took over the summer to assemble a quality squad capable of challenging for promotion, what a waste...

  28. #128
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st November 2009
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Next pre-season try to set up a friendly match against Biggleswade, just to see if the new manager has ruined the team or not :P

  29. #129
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th December 2010
    Location
    Guernsey
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncle ron View Post
    The season was really promising. What is hard to take is the time I took over the summer to assemble a quality squad capable of challenging for promotion, what a waste...
    At least you can take the credit for it if they do well.

  30. #130
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pezza1 View Post
    That sacking was harsh! Glad to see you've kept going with the save though....good luck with Hastings!
    Thanks!

    Gotta keep going with the save, I just love playing long term games and I'm not going to let this ruin things.

  31. #131
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff 1993 View Post
    Next pre-season try to set up a friendly match against Biggleswade, just to see if the new manager has ruined the team or not :P
    I'm not bitter....I feel a viscous campaign against Biggleswade is in order whilst Andy Marshall is still chairman ;)

  32. #132
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th October 2002
    Posts
    12,543

    Default

    Wow! That's really harsh and unfair Ron

    At least you're in the Ryman now (strategic choice? ;)) so you can whip their ass to Pluto and back when you manage to assemble a fine squad in Hastings. Can certainly understand the worst frustration is the time wasted on finding players. I know what a drag the summer is when you are in need of strengthening.

    Such a weird timing. Hopefully the new bloke does an equally 'good' job with Biggleswade so you can face them next season already. Would be nice if the game had proper media functions so you could send out some truly hateful messages to the guy. Really weak you're not given a reason for your sacking either. That's something I dislike with the game in many domains. Players suddenly unhappy but you have no idea why and no way to fix it. And chairmen being crooks but you have no way to interact with them at all. Yes, there is the board requests, but we all know how 'useful' those are.

  33. #133
    International Squad
    Join Date
    5th November 2002
    Location
    On the golf course
    Posts
    30,015

    Default

    Probably not the best chairman in the world.

  34. #134
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    Wow! That's really harsh and unfair Ron

    At least you're in the Ryman now (strategic choice? ;)) so you can whip their ass to Pluto and back when you manage to assemble a fine squad in Hastings. Can certainly understand the worst frustration is the time wasted on finding players. I know what a drag the summer is when you are in need of strengthening.

    Such a weird timing. Hopefully the new bloke does an equally 'good' job with Biggleswade so you can face them next season already. Would be nice if the game had proper media functions so you could send out some truly hateful messages to the guy. Really weak you're not given a reason for your sacking either. That's something I dislike with the game in many domains. Players suddenly unhappy but you have no idea why and no way to fix it. And chairmen being crooks but you have no way to interact with them at all. Yes, there is the board requests, but we all know how 'useful' those are.
    Very, very unfair sacking...

    Can't wait until I play Biggleswade to give them a thrashing...however not any time soon as Hastings are woeful...

  35. #135
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th October 2002
    Posts
    12,543

    Default

    if it helps, they got relegated out of the Isthmian Premier in dead last place in my save.

    At least you got a solid goal now. Kick their arses ;)

    It's odd though, this sacking after takeovers seems to be very random. I was almost sure I'd be sacked. Was "very insecure" ffs. So how they deduced there was impressive fan support I'll never know.

  36. #136
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    if it helps, they got relegated out of the Isthmian Premier in dead last place in my save.

    At least you got a solid goal now. Kick their arses ;)

    It's odd though, this sacking after takeovers seems to be very random. I was almost sure I'd be sacked. Was "very insecure" ffs. So how they deduced there was impressive fan support I'll never know.
    Great to see Biggleswade fail in your save....I hate Biggleswade! :mad:

    Me thinks I'll have to rename this thread...

  37. #137
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    2012/2013 - November / December Update - Hastings United - Ryman League Division One South

    For a club that had previously played in the tier above the quality of this expensive (in wages) squad is woefully poor.

    I joined after 11 games and this period was my 11 league games, so 4 wins, 2 draws and 5 defeats (14 points) is a good start with the poor quality squad at my disposal.

    I would talk about new signings that have made an impact...the problem is that there have been none. The quality of the frees available isn't of a good enough standard, so for now I'm stuck with what I've already got.

    The thing that's keeping me going is the potential of Hastings. We're averaging 296 fans per game, by far the biggest in the league, and we've got a good sized stadium. So bright times ahead for Hastings...just not yet...






  38. #138
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th October 2002
    Posts
    12,543

    Default

    A respectable start. GL.

    Managed to pinch any players off of them? ;)

  39. #139
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    A respectable start. GL.

    Managed to pinch any players off of them? ;)
    I've tried to get Moxam and Sutherland on loan, however despite the loan bids being accepted, they both weren't interested in joining me.

    I don't necessarily blame them for not coming...would you given our league position?

  40. #140
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th December 2010
    Location
    Featherstone, W Yorks, UK
    Posts
    201

    Default

    2 games? Plenty of time that is! Did the chairman have a very short fuse?
    gl at Hasting utd (y)

  41. #141
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th October 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, GO WHITECAPS GO!!!!!
    Posts
    362

    Default

    You competed a compettion called the "Championship Manager Cup"? Shame on you, I would have pulled out on principle (if that was possible in game!)

  42. #142
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th October 2007
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManUTactician247 View Post
    That would be harsh... imagine Fergie getting sacked for selling Silvestre to Arsenal...

    Hmmm. Uncle Ron....Fergie, Uncle Ron... Fergie, Uncle Ron... Fergie, I think not. Uncle Ron.. Yes.

  43. #143
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brFM2011 View Post
    2 games? Plenty of time that is! Did the chairman have a very short fuse?
    gl at Hasting utd (y)
    Seems like he had a very short fuse. I wish I could have a look at his hidden chairman stats to help me figure him out....

  44. #144
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pezza1 View Post
    You competed a compettion called the "Championship Manager Cup"? Shame on you, I would have pulled out on principle (if that was possible in game!)
    Yea unfortunate sponsorship of the Isthmian League Cup there. I really should've changed it to a different name when I created this file.

  45. #145
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 433tom View Post
    Hmmm. Uncle Ron....Fergie, Uncle Ron... Fergie, Uncle Ron... Fergie, I think not. Uncle Ron.. Yes.
    For a moment I was enjoying being spoken in the same sentence as Sir Alex...

  46. #146
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th October 2002
    Posts
    12,543

    Default

    Big Ron ?

  47. #147
    International Squad
    Join Date
    5th November 2002
    Location
    On the golf course
    Posts
    30,015

    Default

    Little Ron?

  48. #148
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    2012/2013 - January / February Update - Hastings United - Ryman League Division One South

    This is turning out to be a right old slog to ensure Division One South safety...

    9 games in this period, 3 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats probably indicates we have enough to get the desired points, however our February form leaves much to be desired.

    I'm struggling to get anyone decent to join on loan or find 'quality' free transfers at the this late stage of the season, so I'm eager to get this season over and done with to start afresh with a new squad for 2013/2014...

    Of course, that's if the club still want me as their manager...





    Goal of Jan / Feb:

    Recent signing (SC) Keane scores a great finish after our best passing move of the season so far...




  49. #149
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th March 2011
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Excellent read ron

  50. #150
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th October 2002
    Posts
    12,543

    Default

    Walton and Hersham on top. Fly little Swans, fly!

    Struggling to survive are the best seasons. Looks like you have it reasonably under control so good luck.

  51. #151
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th October 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, GO WHITECAPS GO!!!!!
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Looks like your home form will be enough to keep you up!

  52. #152
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    2012/2013 - March / April / May Update - Hastings United - Ryman League Division One South

    Our poor February form continued right through March. Losing 7 in a row isn't fun and certainly doesn't help your chances of avoiding the drop.

    At the end of March we were sat 20th and level on points with Chipstead on 32 points.

    As for our turnaround in April with 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat I can definitely take the full credit.

    The switch from my successful 4-4-2 that worked at Biggleswade to a 4-5-1 / 4-1-2-2-1 worked a treat. Why I previously persisted with the same formation week after week I don't know...

    Also I managed to sign DC Dean Pooley from Thurrock just before the loan deadline. He played 6 April games scoring 3 goals, 2 man of match awards and an average rating of 7.68. No wonder we only conceded 2 goals in the run in. Despite playing just 6 games Pooley wins my Player of the Season Award!

    I thought it would go down to the wire and thankfully it didn't and we survive to play at Level 8 in 2013/2014.

    For my troubles my Chairman awards me with a new 1 year contract at £300 per week.

    What the final 6 games proved to me is that with the right signings over the summer and some thought to the tactics, Hastings could well be in the reckoning for promotion next year.

    The mass clear out of the dead wood begins and hopefully Hastings United will be reinvented and rejuvinated to promotion







  53. #153
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th October 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, GO WHITECAPS GO!!!!!
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Congrats on staying up! Its horrible when you get on those long losing runs as I have found in my save! Difficult to built up the squads confidence enough I find. As I was scrolling down the thread and saw all those red dots for the month of march I feared for you, but great turn around in April. Good luck for next year!!

  54. #154
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th October 2002
    Posts
    12,543

    Default

    Well done keeping the team up and good luck for next season. With a new and rejuvenated squad you will hopefully climb up the table and perhaps fight for a playoff spot. GL

  55. #155
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    12th November 2010
    Location
    FMCU Best Thread Name Winner 2012 & 2013
    Posts
    5,017

    Default

    Well done on avoiding relegation, it was quite a close league by the looks of it Corinthians certainly hit their stride at the right time too!

    Not particularly high scoring though, league top-scorers only with 69. Cow's arse and banjo springs to mind

  56. #156
    International Squad
    Join Date
    5th November 2002
    Location
    On the golf course
    Posts
    30,015

    Default

    Aye, well done Ron.

  57. #157
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pezza1 View Post
    Congrats on staying up! Its horrible when you get on those long losing runs as I have found in my save! Difficult to built up the squads confidence enough I find. As I was scrolling down the thread and saw all those red dots for the month of march I feared for you, but great turn around in April. Good luck for next year!!
    I feared for our future as well with defeat after defeat, not had a bad run like that in FM for a while.

  58. #158
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    Well done keeping the team up and good luck for next season. With a new and rejuvenated squad you will hopefully climb up the table and perhaps fight for a playoff spot. GL
    Hopefully we'll make a real push for promotion. Fortunately if that fails the chairman expectations are slightly lower.

  59. #159
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Well done on avoiding relegation, it was quite a close league by the looks of it Corinthians certainly hit their stride at the right time too!

    Not particularly high scoring though, league top-scorers only with 69. Cow's arse and banjo springs to mind
    Hopefully the league will be similarly close with everyone beating each other again next season. 2012/2013 was a lot less exciting that my Biggleswade total of 81 goals and 83 points.

    Speaking of Biggleswade....they survived Ryman Premier Division with a 14th place finish and runner up in the Championship Manager Cup

  60. #160
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th October 2002
    Posts
    12,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncle ron View Post
    Speaking of Biggleswade....they survived Ryman Premier Division with a 14th place finish and runner up in the Championship Manager Cup
    Such a bad name. You should have changed it to Championshit Manager Cup Sucks Arse or something like that.

  61. #161
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    2013/2014 - August - November Update - Hastings United - Ryman League Division One South

    I haven't had much time to play FM recently so here's a condensed update of my progress with Hastings in 2013/2014.

    19 players and 17 join over the summer. A complete new squad and I'm starting to push the wage budget a bit, pushing the club more into debt (currently standing at around £100,000).

    What a difference a year makes. When I took over in November 2012 we were sitting in the relegation zone, now after the first 4 months we've only lost a single game.

    We've had a club record run of games unbeaten and wins in a row and I'm manager of the month for November.

    With 3 games in hand there's every chance I can start to catch runaway leaders Leatherhead.





  62. #162
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th October 2002
    Posts
    12,543

    Default

    Great start to the season

    Usually some team(s) run away in the start but whiff away towards the end, so if you can keep up momentum you have a great chance to get promoted.

    Decent defense I see :shock:

  63. #163
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    2013/2014 - December - April Update - Hastings United - Ryman League Division One South

    I've reached the penultimate game of the season and things are getting exciting...

    Here's how I got here:







    I've caught and overtaken previous runnaway leaders Leatherhead and level on points with Tooting & Mitcham with a slightly inferior goal difference.

    All 3 teams can take the title.

    Final games:

    Chatham v Hastings
    Godalming v Tooting & Mitcham
    Horsham v Leatherhead

    I've definitely got the hardest game of the 3.

    Hopefully I can secure my 2nd Isthmian Division One South title in 3 seasons, otherwise it is the lottery of the playoffs.


  64. #164
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th February 2010
    Location
    Leighton Buzzard
    Posts
    961

    Default

    That 4-1 defeat to Faversham could cost you

  65. #165
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luton Town View Post
    That 4-1 defeat to Faversham could cost you
    Aye could do, I was top for the first time before that game and that result was a shock.

  66. #166
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    It just wasn't to be...



    I was lucky to get a draw and finish with 11 players given the injuries to 3 key players and cautions. KIng and Gorrin miss the rest of the season.

    Elsewhere...





    So we wouldn't have been promoted with a win anyway. At least we got the late equaliser to finish second.

    In the play-offs we've been drawn against Fleet.


  67. #167
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th October 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, GO WHITECAPS GO!!!!!
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Good luck in the playoffs! Like you said, you would have to have won big on the last day to get the title.

    Still, you're in reasonable form going into the play-offs.

  68. #168
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th February 2010
    Location
    Leighton Buzzard
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Good luck for the play-offs.

  69. #169
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th October 2002
    Posts
    12,543

    Default

    So close there Ron. Good luck in the playoffs.

    Not a good season for the Horshams.

  70. #170
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    2013/2014 - May Update - Hastings United - Ryman League Division One South

    Into the play-offs The Arrows go....

    First up is the semi-final with Fleet. An easy game which we never looked like losing. A deserved 2-0 victory in front of a record Isthmian Division One South crowd of 1216.

    Into the FINAL versus early season pacesetters Leatherhead!

    The Final has to be one of the greatest matches I've ever played on Football Manager.

    Going into the match I doubted our chances. Only 2 central midfielders fit in a 3 man midfield doesn't go, yet I persist to play out of position to go into the match with my favoured 4-1-2-2-1.

    We couldn't control the first half. In fact I'd say it was one of our worst performances of the season. Leatherhead take the deserved half time lead, even thought it was a penalty...

    A half time rollicking and changing round the midfield works as DC Jordan Tuncliffe equalises with a header from a corner.

    Late in the second half we finally make the breakthrough in the 86th minute with a close range finish by AMR Matt Barnes.

    Surely that goal seals promotion for Hastings?

    NO... Leatherhead only go and spoil the party with a very late strike, 3 minutes into injury time!

    As for extra time, the players are flat having conceded so late. We can't make our advantage over 10 man Leatherhead (as they were reduced through injuries) pay.

    Until the 119th minute as Barnes finds space down the right and his cross is met by MC Mark Smith to head home.

    Final Whistle... HASTINGS ARE PROMOTED

    With Biggleswade Town finishing 12th in the Ryman Premier League, I'm coming to reek my revenge :mad:
    Last edited by uncle ron; 04-05-2011 at 19:59.

  71. #171
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Match Highlights


  72. #172
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th February 2010
    Location
    Leighton Buzzard
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Well done on promotion are you in the same division as Biggleswade town now?

  73. #173
    International Squad
    Join Date
    5th November 2002
    Location
    On the golf course
    Posts
    30,015

    Default

    Well done Ronster.

  74. #174
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    12th November 2010
    Location
    FMCU Best Thread Name Winner 2012 & 2013
    Posts
    5,017

    Default

    Great job with the playoff win, looking forward to see you batter Biggleswade Town next season

  75. #175
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luton Town View Post
    Well done on promotion are you in the same division as Biggleswade town now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    Well done Ronster.
    Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Great job with the playoff win, looking forward to see you batter Biggleswade Town next season
    Thanks, I'm extatic with the promotion.

    I haven't yet got to the end of the season, but hopefully Hastings should be sorted into the Isthmian Premier Division where we'll face Biggleswade next season.

  76. #176
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st June 2009
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Cracking thread, enjoying it so far. Good luck next season and I hope you get your ultimate revenge!

  77. #177
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th October 2002
    Posts
    12,543

    Default

    Congrats on the promotion and good luck on raining death and defeat upon Biggleswade next season

    Matches like that is what makes FM such an experience. From utter despair to euphoria in a matter of real-life minutes.

  78. #178
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Right then I'll just be doing condensed season updates from now on.

    Now that I've reached the end of 2014/2015 here we go...

    2014/2015 | Hastings United | Ryman League Premier Division

    Expectations: Safe mid table finish
    Wage budget: £3,400 per week
    Transfer budget: £0

    Since I've been at Hastings I've played a 4-5-1 and this continues for our first season back in the Ryman Premier Division. 8 signings are made in the expectation of sticking to this formation and I managed to attract a high calibre of player, I started to believe we could challenge for the play-offs.

    The problem was a few months in our season was stuttering, we were mid table but I thought we could do better with the players at my disposal. So I threw away the 4-5-1 and embarked on rebuilding the team less than 3 months into the season, resulting in 8 more signings on free transfers as I'm asking the team to play with a lot more attacking flair with a 4-2-3-1.

    The new formation took about 1 month for the team to settle in, then as our progress graph shows our second half of the season is a joy to watch and we cement our position as play-off contenders.

    On the way to this finish we take the final six points off Biggleswade Town. An early season 2-1 win at home under the old 4-5-1 is followed up with a 4-1 thrashing of Biggleswade at the Carlsberg Stadium. Just to emphasise our dominance under the new setup and 8 later signings we lose only 3 league games after the new year.

    The 3rd place finish sends us into a play-off tie at home against Kingstonian. After last season's nervy affair I remained confident we could secure our second successive promotion, especially with this new squad and tactics, however I was wrong as we lost 3-1.

    1-1 after normal time Kingstonian took the extra time lead and I had to push forward for the equaliser, however it was inevitable we'd be caught on the break and that gave away the foul that lead to their final goal. The 3-1 scoreline flattered them...



    Ryman Premier League - 3rd and Play-Off Semi Finalists - Table | Progress Graph

    FA Cup - 1st qualifying round defeat to Chatham

    FA Trophy - 1st qualifying round defeat to Bracknell

    Championship Manager Cup - WINNERS - My first piece of silverware as we walk the Champ Man Cup. We faced a Ryman First Division team for the quarter, semi and final and scored plenty and set new records.

    Squad - One big highlight of the seaosn was three of the squad recieving call-ups for youth internationals throughout the season. DR Nunn got called up 3 times by England u20 and played once, DC/DMC Patterson received an Ireland u19 cap and AMC Will Gibson was called up by England U20s but didn't play a game.

    Goal of the Season: AML/SC - Ozer scores an absolute wonder goal in the Championship Manager Cup final



  79. #179
    International Squad
    Join Date
    5th November 2002
    Location
    On the golf course
    Posts
    30,015

    Default

    Unlucky Ron.

  80. #180
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    9th October 2007
    Posts
    1,526

    Default

    Heh, Championship Manager makes a return to SI Games. :P

  81. #181
    International Squad
    Join Date
    5th November 2002
    Location
    On the golf course
    Posts
    30,015

    Default

    You should have called it the Eidos Suck Arse Cup.

  82. #182
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    12th November 2010
    Location
    FMCU Best Thread Name Winner 2012 & 2013
    Posts
    5,017

    Default

    Bad luck, the playoffs are really an arse. Hopefully, third time lucky next season.

    Well done on the cup win

  83. #183
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th February 2010
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Are you looking at any supermarine players Ron? How are they getting on?

  84. #184
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th September 2006
    Location
    Former Swindon Town & Supermarine Researcher - http://thewashbag.com
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    You should have called it the Eidos Suck Arse Cup.
    Very true, might change that for the next release of my file...

    Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Bad luck, the playoffs are really an arse. Hopefully, third time lucky next season.

    Well done on the cup win
    Cheers! The play-off defeat was a true kick in the teeth after a great second half of the season, lifted by the excellent cup win.
    Quote Originally Posted by sound of eden View Post
    Are you looking at any supermarine players Ron? How are they getting on?
    Supermarine have just been relegated from Zamaretto South / West after a terrible year. They were 2nd in October and then went on a 9 game losing run and finished 21st.

  85. #185
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd April 2010
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Really liking this story. Not the most descriptive, but I read every update with pleasure. Its a shame you lost in the playoffs. I'd like to see your team vs Biggleswade(sp) in the playoff final!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts