Need the help of the community

I'm the manager of Wrexham in the BSP. it's 2011/12 season and I'm currently 18th from 28 games played. I took over in October 2011 and they were in the bottom three, I've won 33% of my games. I feel I've got a good enough team and I'm playing a 4-2-4 formation - attacking. On touchline instructions I play wider and explout flanks, occasionally using work ball into box and pass to feet.

I'm willing to listen to everything you've got to say and I'll give you as much information as you all need. I'll answer all your questions to help you help me.

Thanks.

P.S. I'm confident I can make it to the play-offs with your help.

Did you ever see a manager asking on a forum for help? It's your job. You can do it or fail. That's the fun in this game. If you fail, there will be another challenge for you.

Haha. I only want a bit of direction? I know it's down to me to get it right. I'm not asking you to play the game for me, just a point in the right direction. Y'know. the same way David Moyes used to phone Alex Ferguson and ask for his advice etc.

Heh.. gotta love those kinds of responses.

Probably better to look for info/advice in the tactics forums though.

Can't say I can offer much help with what info you've offered... not much to work with and I'm very unfamiliar with 4-2-4's. I don't use work ball in or pass to feet ever though. If I'm playing with great possession players I just turn on retain possession. That's usually enough to slow my play down enough that they make through passes into the box, but I also play 4-4-2 diamond most times.

Archived