Strange squad selection bug 11.3

Okay before you all start, yes it was the only the league cup 3rd round, first season. I'm playing as Leeds and after beating Carlisle and West Ham draw Everton in the third round. Largely expected to lose against them I put out a so-so team hoping for an upset, but with one eye on my weekend game at Bristol City.

Starting the match I take a look at their team. The team consisted of 6 youths all around 17 year old. This of course is fine, it's the worthless cup, they're third in the league why bother giving the players an extra game. Slightly baffling when you take a look at their second round fixture against lowly Gillingham and fielding Howard, Neville, Baines, Coleman, Fellaini, Osman, Beckford, Bilyaletdinov all who would be in the first team squad. So lets play a better team in Leeds, and give youths a chance? The bench consisted of just two players, both goalkeepers. So of the first teamers who still did play Osman, Jagielka, Neville, Fellaini, Baines, regardless of their in match condition, which was down to the 40's for some of them, they had to continue playing. And didn't even have a young striker up front, they had some crap rated centre back up front, not even good as a target man with his stats.

Very strange happenings anyway

Hore - Yeah, but still you would at least fill the bench with youth players if not the first teamers. They still had like 5 first teamers in the playing squad, just ruined by a cb upfront and two goalkeepers on bench. And this worked out worse because some first teamers dropped stupid low, like below 50%.

DaveB - Could be right, I think they'd say otherwise after my 3-0 victory :D

I seem to recall it was something to do with the board's expectation to get to the 3rd round and as soon as they get there, they don't really care about the comp any more.

Theres a difference in not caring, and not even fielding a sub bench and ruining three or four first teamers whos condition drops stupidly low though isn't there?

Archived