Anyone had a blue screen crash?

Just wondering if it is a one off. I was eating my dinner not looking whilst computer churned through the first international fixtures or just after, and just after the transfer window, when I got the blue screen crash. Loads of writing on it, code etc. Im no buff when it comes to computers but im scared I can't operate all the european leagues which is what I wanted.

Anyone else had it?

Blue Screen of Death has nothing directly to do with FM... It's the sign of some hardware issues, likely a RAM failure... The fact you got it while FM was processing can have something to do with the game being quite "demanding", but if it's a RAM issue it can happen even while your o.s. is "idle"

Are you familiar with Memtest?

God no!, I just get my mate to build me a computer every year Football Manager comes out!, Ive managed to keep this one for two years. It should still be a high spec. I would be happy for you to assist further though, I can read and write so I might be able to decipher what a Memtest is, iwill it fix it, or just tell me its time to buy a new one!!!

Cheers

As RBKalle said, it could be one of many things going wrong. Bad RAM is a highly likely cause. As for Memtest, just do a search on Google and you'll see plenty of options. Some of them take quite some time to run diagnostics, but it can be worth it.

Most likely you'll find, that you have only one bad RAM insert. Your friend could replace it for you in 5 minutes and it won't cost much at all. But, remember it could be other things, such as a graphic card failure or controller. You'll have to work it out via process of elimination. Also, the blue screen crash, should have produced a log file of what you saw on your screen. Try and search for it as it may have many clues to help you.

the file is, I think, its called a dump file. It'll have a .dmp extension on it and the date/time also.

Good luck.

Archived