Agent fees still not fixed

I'm still being asked for ridiculous amounts of money from agents. Anybody else?

I thought this had been tweaked.

Signing on fees seem to have gone through the roof, or is it just me?

Some agents are greedy and no doubt will make a potential transfer less attractive. This is intended behaviour as this obviously happens in real life, so we would need specific examples to reconsider how this is currently set-up.

yep they appear to have gotten even more outragous than ever. Also they seem less willing to lower their demands , not that they were particularly flexable before. However, they do seem to have dropped the idiotic constant top earner demands and some of the older more settled players in my squad have taken quite reasonable deals. Still when i offer a contract that basicly triples a players wages and all their bonuses and agent is still whining i have to assume SI have gained a sense of humour with this particular feature

Edit: Stu when a player has over year left and they are being offered a pay rise for the same duration... they ought to take it. Agents that screw up deals like that ought to be sacked.

i was coming on to see if this was just me. seems its not.

was trying to sign a regen offered 115 grand a week all his clauses met. agent wanted 10million however despite going to 3.5million he rejected it 4 times and quit.

10 million with no room for negotiation is insane

edit

was currently on 62 grand a year (offered to nearly double his wage) and i am in his favorite people

What is needed here is the introduction of hitmen into the game, this way the player can influence the agents attitude :) My backroom advice is telling me i have players who will be out of contract in 18 months and i should offer them an new one, seem to me thats just 1 year that i dont have to deal with poxy agents

Trying to sign a player for 20million - The agent wants 7million, a 9millon signing on fee and 185k a week for the player. No change at all from some of the daft agent demands on 11.2.

I think SI have had plenty of specific examples already to fix the problem.

It seems pretty clear to me that it's still a problem. For example, if you add up all Man City's transfers over the last two seasons and then see how much they paid out in agent fees you can see quite clearly that it's way off. If I paid 7million to agents on three, 20million transfers, I would be paying 21million in agent fees! That is not realistic at all and hardly seems any different to the 11.2 patch.

To be perfectly honest, I think it's a crap feature that is ruining this version. You cant put agents in that can do what they like with no consequences from the players that employ them, because the AI of the player isn't good enough to do anything about it. So it's pretty much common sense to say it's flawed.

One example or two proofs nothing. There are greedy agents in the game, that is intentional. The question is always about the balance. How many are greedy, how many average, how many friendly.

One example or two proofs nothing. There are greedy agents in the game, that is intentional. The question is always about the balance. How many are greedy, how many average, how many friendly.

its not the greed that is the issues it is the complete and utter refusal to negoiate the outrageous demands, no player in the world would refuse massive pay increases bigger club just so his agent could make 10million off the back of his deal

Who are you all signing that require such outlandish agent fees?? I think the most I've ever seen an agent ask for is ~4m on a 35m transfer (I don't consider 10% unreasonable). Furthermore, I was able to negotiate the agent fee down by over a million on the same agent (who had an 18 fee stat), while still getting the player to slash his unreasonable 115k/wk request to 65k.

The only thing I would like to see happen is either let talks proceed longer if progress is being made, or have talks restart much faster after failures if the player wants to move. For example if you and the agent disagree on 4 clauses, but then next offer you agree on two more, it should auto-extend one round. Talks should only end once progress stops.

I also think its ridiculous that if a big club wants a player, and the player wants to join, you only have 1 chance to get it right, even if you start talking at the very start of a transfer period. I would think that IRL the two sides would continue to work together until they got it done in this instance. If that meant that both sides had to continue meetings for a week, it would happen. We can already make new offers to clubs if they don't like the transfer fee, but if an agent negotiation fails, your just completely out of luck until the next window.

EDIT: I'm not saying talks should continue until the player agrees to accept what you give him, just that should be able to restart talks and continue to make progress until you reach a mutually agreeable deal.

Over all agents make the game feel much more realistic. Once you get used to dealing with them, its usually fairly easy to tell right away whether a deal will happen or not. If its not going to happen, you move on to the next target. I think the real issue most people have is that they want to be able to sign whoever they want, whenever they want, regardless of whether the club wants to sell or the player wants to move. If you want a leading Prem keeper, its not a problem finding and signing one. If you must have De Gae at Man United (whom he initially wont talk to), don't complain if he and his agent try and rip you off and/or cant get the deal done.

There are also several good guides floating around the web which can help you learn how to make the most out of negotiations and how to use them to save money overall (and I'm not talking about abusing bugs to make people accept 1p/wk)

I still question whether agents actually get a seperate fee as part of the transfer or really get a percentage of the player's signing on fee, transfer fee and wages. I thought it was the latter and that any additional fees to the agent were for doing things unrelated to the transfer of the player.

I still question whether agents actually get a seperate fee as part of the transfer or really get a percentage of the player's signing on fee, transfer fee and wages. I thought it was the latter and that any additional fees to the agent were for doing things unrelated to the transfer of the player.

I think in most all pro sports around the world you are correct... but there might be some cases where its the former.

However the agent fees are easier to implement which is fine... the problem is it massively increases expenses without more income for an already questionable financial model. I can't say how it's changed with 110.3 yet, but when you spend as much on agent fees alone as your entire transfer budget then it's broken.

I think this is still an issue!

Tried to sign Vidal for Arsenal in summer 2013 and both myself and Barca have bids accepted for £16m. Agents starts with demanding £200k and week £8m signing on fee and £7m agent fee, plus other add ons!. Vidal's currently on something like £60k a week so I reduced the demands to around £90k a week and reduced fees to, what i thought was an acceptable amount. But these were rejected. The lowest I got him down to before he walked away was £175k a week £6m signing on fee and £6m agents fee!! I tried to sign him 3 more times with pretty much the same outcome before he signed for Barca.

So I thought they must have paid him well and went to check! £83k a week!! Cheers!! Now I know I cant find out signing & agents fees, but i'm sure they weren't the sums he was quoting me! The most i offered him a week was £130k! I'm sorry but this aint right!

Trying to now sign M'Villa and the same thing is happening! It's like I cant buy anyone, regardless of what I offer them!

Agents are still broken in 11.3!!

I wish players could over rule, or that we could tell a player their agent is messing up negotiations.

Silly when a player who likes you and/or your club won't sign for you becuase you can only offer £3.5m to the agent and the agent wants £4m.

I wish players could over rule, or that we could tell a player their agent is messing up negotiations.

Silly when a player who likes you and/or your club won't sign for you becuase you can only offer £3.5m to the agent and the agent wants £4m.

It worse when you trying to sign Messi on a free and although he will accept £5m signing on fee, and the rest of contract is fine, the agent demands £27m fee. Grrr. Dont want to see if the new patch fixes that though because I want to finish my current season before installing it :s

totally agree. The deal is fine with the player he wants to come but the agent wont move his fee so you cant sign them.

you then find out the agent dislikes you and its then even harder to get him to re-enter negotiations.

agents were an interesting idea however i think these issues spoil the entire game

dking

Semi Pro Join Date

22nd November 2007

Infractions

1/0 (0)

Well, discussion over. The agent fees have been lowered in the patch because...yes, you've guessed it, they were completely unrealistic and had to be tweaked! Thats the official word from SI. Well, sort of official. The fact they changed it pretty much says it needed changing.

Really, case closed.

Seems case not closed then??

Seems case not closed then??

Wow, do you follow me around trolling?

First off, I said case closed because people were arguing that there wasn't a problem and I was arguing that there was. So get your facts straight before posting such ill informed drivel.

Secondly, why didn't you reply to my facts on the other thread? I'll tell you why, because you had absolutely no argument to counter it, so instead you follow me into another thread which is basically me arguing the EXACT same point and start trolling? You're completely lost in this argument, aren't you? :confused:

Seriously, before trying to argue, get your facts straight.

Wow, do you follow me around trolling?

First off, I said case closed because people were arguing that there wasn't a problem and I was arguing that there was. So get your facts straight before posting such ill informed drivel.

Secondly, why didn't you reply to my facts on the other thread? I'll tell you why, because you had absolutely no argument to counter it, so instead you follow me into another thread which is basically me arguing the EXACT same point and start trolling? You're completely lost in this argument, aren't you? :confused:

Seriously, before trying to argue, get your facts straight.

Ok, lets see who is 'lost'.

You stated: Well, discussion over. The agent fees have been lowered in the patch because...yes, you've guessed it, they were completely unrealistic and had to be tweaked! Thats the official word from SI. Well, sort of official. The fact they changed it pretty much says it needed changing.

Now, you are saying that the 'case over' meant that people were arguing there wasn't a problem?? I read that from the sentence above that you felt the case was closed because SI had done what you felt was correct. Now you know they haven't altered anything and you have thrown your toys out of your pram like a 2 year old.

Secondly, I did reply to you in the only other thread I saw. I did not see that you had then replied to that. I don't follow you around, please, do not flatter yourself. But please let me reply to you now. Not sure how you got to Man City spending £241m, but ill post facts for you.

Code:
Team			Agent fees	Winter 2008	Summer 2009	%
Manchester City		£12,874,283.00	£48,500,000.00	£96,000,000.00	8.91%
Chelsea			£9,562,223.00	£0.00		£47,250,000.00	20.24%
Liverpool		£6,657,305.00	£0.00		£40,000,000.00	16.64%
Tottenham		£6,066,935.00	£36,000,000.00	£24,500,000.00	10.03%
West Ham		£5,527,548.00	£10,000,000.00	£12,000,000.00	25.13% 
Arsenal			£4,760,241.00	£10,000,000.00	£10,000,000.00	23.80%
Wigan			£3,576,972.00	£12,500,000.00	£4,900,000.00	24.01%
Portsmouth		£3,184,725.00	£6,400,000.00	£14,000,000.00	15.61%
Bolton			£3,166,611.00	£1,000,000.00	£6,200,000.00	43.98% 
Everton			£2,008,407.00	£0.00		£49,900,000.00	4.02%
Sunderland		£2,007,040.00	£0.00		£24,500,000.00	8.19%
Aston Villa		£1,708,374.00	£3,500,000.00	£23,000,000.00	6.45%
Blackburn		£1,610,885.00	£2,000,000.00	£9,752,000.00	13.71%
Manchester United	£1,517,393.00	£8,000,000.00	£23,000,000.00	4.89%
Fulham			£1,469,258.00	£0.00		£500,000.00	293.85% 
Stoke			£716,042.00	£5,750,000.00	£18,350,000.00	2.97%

So, as you can see from that, there are some clubs there that spend a large amount on agent fee's compared to their total transfer fee's. Chelsea, for instance, spent £9.5m on agent fee's. Say they bought 2 players for £23.5m each, their agent fee's would then be nearly £5m each player. Is that not what you are saying is unrealistic?

So, there are my facts.

Top idea. The game would be alot better if it had this option. Players speak with their agents and have the final say on their move or contract renewal. Its really annoying if a player won't sign for you or sign a new contract with his favourite club.

I've said this in other threads, and I'll say it again, and moreso than it being my argument, it is also SI's argument - the agent fees in the game are what SI believes are roughly the same as agent fees in real life.

People can moan that they are too high, and that is a justified moan. But no-one on here can say with any certainty that they are not realistic. Unless you are a professional manager of a top team, and have personally signed a player like Messi and paid £5m in agent fees, and then bought Messi on FM and was quoted £20m in agent fees, then you cannot possibly say FM has it wrong.

Now, I'm not defending SI blindly. I am happy to admit that in isolated cases, FM could do with some tweaking. Perhaps the fees are slightly high for some players, but then they might be slightly low for others. I do think however that generally, agents were a necessary addition as SI are constantly attempting to reach total realism (like it or not, that's a different argument), this is the first year for agents so some tweaking over the next few years will be inevitable, and they actually work reasonably well already.

Obviously people are entitled to their opinion, and I might suggest that if you come up against a ridiculous demand, you should post a screenshot and description in the Bugs Forum and upload your game to the Bugs FTP Server and let SI investigate. This will be the only way agents will be tweaked for future versions. Posting general moans won't really help. If you seriously think it's an issue, find a big example, post a proper post in the right place, give SI your file and let them sort it out through the proper channels.

Ok, lets see who is 'lost'.

You stated: Well, discussion over. The agent fees have been lowered in the patch because...yes, you've guessed it, they were completely unrealistic and had to be tweaked! Thats the official word from SI. Well, sort of official. The fact they changed it pretty much says it needed changing.

Now, you are saying that the 'case over' meant that people were arguing there wasn't a problem?? I read that from the sentence above that you felt the case was closed because SI had done what you felt was correct. Now you know they haven't altered anything and you have thrown your toys out of your pram like a 2 year old.

Blah blah blah. Wall of insane gibbersh.

What are you talking about?! They officially tweaked the agents so they wouldn't be so extreme with there fees! Thats the whole point of this thread you imbecile.

Again, get your facts straight before trying to argue.

I've never seen somebody talk so much **** and at the same time try and make sense. You should be a politician. I'm done with this conversation and your ridiculous arguments.

Archived