Names That Made You Laugh

I was playing against Stade Rennais FC recently in the uefa cup (i was Fiorentina) and i found my self up against a spirited little right back called Rod Fanni i was just wondering if anyone has come up agaisnt any players with funny names? try not to search for them please and post here if you find any. icon_smile.gif

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was playing against Stade Rennais FC recently in the uefa cup (i was Fiorentina) and i found my self up against a spirited little right back called Rod Fanni i was just wondering if anyone has come up agaisnt any players with funny names? try not to search for them please and post here if you find any. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Trillkott:

In my current game Boro have signed Lee Dong-Gook. I noticed him since he scored against me -.- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's at Boro from the start as they signed him last season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LutonNil:

Argel is still my favourite (can't say his real name) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i remember him from the old cm argel's surname rhymes with ducks icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Ultimate_Red_Devil:

Someone had a nigerian regen called Wednesday Friday... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

..happy days? or was it tuesday friday? icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tosh:

New one, found the Wankdorf stadium in Austria i wonder if there a Wankdorf FC i'd hate to get Wankdorf in the cup :O </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To make it even better, the team playing at Wankdorf are BSC Young Boys. And when there was some kind of trouble with building the new Wankdorf stadium (Although it has some other name now I think), a witty headline read: "Young Boys Wankdorf Erection Woes".

The name Gökdeniz is slightly amusing to a Swede as well, in a very childish way.

I've just taken a John Connor on loan.

I've made him captain but I think his leadership qualities are better suited to leading the resistance of mankind against SkyNet and the terminators than playing left-back in League Two.

I signed Nwankwo Kanu before he moved to Arsenal when I was trying to put a 'swear words XI' together years ago. Stefan Kuntz, Paul Dickov..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RANGERS_TIL_I_DIE:

i remember Celtic alomost signed someone called Fanni.

and IRL at one point they had two defenders called Tebily and Sheidt (spelling) i know how it was pronounced anyway icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if they had signed fanni it wld hav bn a back two of:

Balde Fanni haha icon_biggrin.gif

Archived