[FM11] offen94's Global Road-Trip [FM11 Journeyman Career]

GylfiAsCharged

offen94's Global Road-Trip

[FM11 Journeyman Career]

As you may have read, my Mountain Rangers career is finished, mainly down to the fact that playing in those divisions are pretty boring, as are the long gaps between games, and the inability to finish a match with 11 men despite playing with tackling set to 'cautious'. I wanted to return to what I like doing the most. I like variety, I'm not a one-club man. On CM2010 I was, but there weren't any exciting lower league challenges in that game. FM2011 is the perfect game for journeymen. My previous journeyman career was somewhat of a flop, I worked my way up from the Swedish 2nd tier into a job with Southampton in the Championship, however I had a little nagging feeling in the back of my mind - I'd started with an automatic reputation. This was playing on my mind, I felt as if all of my achievements weren't quite as impressive. So this time, I'm starting as a former Sunday League footballer, from England, under my real name. I'll start unemployed, and look for a job.

Game Specifications:

Leagues Loaded:

Nation           Tiers    Nation           Tiers
----------------------    ----------------------
Argentina            1    Mexico               2
Chile                2    Portugal             2
Denmark              3    Russia               2
England              6    Scotland             4
France               3    South Africa         2
Germany              2    South Korea          2
Greece               1    Spain                2
Israel               2    Sweden               2
Italy                2    Switzerland          2
Holland              2    Turkey               2

Version: 11.2

Database Size: Large

Career Overview

Season    Club                  Nation       League                          Position                    Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Herlev IF             Denmark      Danish 2nd Division East        8th              A safe mid-table finish
2011/12   Herlev IF             Denmark      Danish 2nd Division East        6th                 Resigned in November
2011/12   Welling United        England      Blue Square Bet South           19th        Resigned after a poor season
2012/13   Northwich Victoria    England      Blue Square Bet North           22nd                  Sacked in December
2013/14   Bradford Park Avenue  England      Blue Square Bet North           

Herlev_IF_Fodbold.gif

On the 10th of February 2011 I was named as manager of Herlev IF, in the Danish Second Division East. They are an amateur club however I am looking to convert them to the semi-pro status. They were expected to finish bottom. However, I was confident that, with the group of players available to me, I would be able to achieve a safe mid-table finish.

Chairman: Loves the club

Fierce Rivals: Vanlose

Other Rivals: Avarta, Bronshoj

Stadium Name: Herlev Stadion

Capacity: 3500

Corporate Facilities: None

Training Facilities: Adequate

Youth Facilities: Minimal

Youth Recruitment: Limited

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £0 p/w

The Players. (All accents and special characters removed for my own convenience.)

Goalkeepers

Christian Schaffer, GK, 28, A well rounded goalkeeper who should serve me well for at least a few years.

Henrik Cortssen, GK, 22, Decent backup, not quite challenging for a first team spot.

Morten Jacobsen, GK, 16, Good youth prospect, already very good at rushing out.

Defenders

Lasse Lauth, D/M/AM ®, 30, A decent attacking full-back who can also play well on the wing.

Rasmus Pedersen, D ©, 31, An experienced centre-back who my assistant really rates.

Victor Johansson, D (LC), 20, Still has some developing to do, but already commanding a first team spot.

Nicklas Sjorring-Nielsen, D/WB/M (L), 21, A weak link in the defensive line, but the best player for that position.

Tornike Kakaschvili, D/M ®, 22, Decent enough cover for Lauth at this level.

Dennis Kleemann, D ©, 30, Challenging Johansson for a first team spot.

Casper Sindet, D ©, 21, Still room for development, could be one to watch in the future.

Midfielders

Semere Haile, M/AM (RC), 20, A tricky young right winger, one of my star players.

Mikkel Foge, M ©, 25, A decent central midfielder, not enough competition in this position.

Mads Frost, M/AM (RC), 28, A fairly creative winger who will feature a lot this season.

Thomas Lycek, AM/M (L), ST, 26, Not good enough to be playing for the first team, left wing is a problem area.

Morten Hansen, M (RLC), AM ©, 24, A set piece wizard, good versatile cover.

Jens Kristensen, M ©, 21, Taken from the reserve team as cover, just about adequate.

Forwards

Andreas Bak, ST, 28, The star player, I'll struggle to keep hold of him with no wages.

Tommy Lauridsen, AM ©, ST, 31, Experienced but has a great eye for goal.

Klaus Mortensen, AM ©, ST, 31, Also not too young but providing good competition for the two starters.

My attackers are all up for the task, hopefully our weakness down the left flank won't be too much of an issue.

Herlev_IF_Fodbold.gif

February

Having joined in the winter break, all I had was 2 friendly matches to play:

Herlev 7 - 1 Sundby

Haile (2), Foge (2), Frost, Lauridsen, Bak

The best possible start to my managerial career - I was expected to lose this game!

Herlev 2 - 0 Prespa

Pedersen, Frost

Another solid win, and a clean sheet too. A great couple of friendlies for the team!

Herlev_IF_Fodbold.gif

March

The season resumes halfway into March so I had 3 competitive matches.

Herlev 2 - 0 Glostrup Albertslund

Lauridsen, Frost

A winning start to my competitive career. We dominated throughout and could have scored more.

Herlev 2 - 0 LFA

Pedersen, Haile

Another solid win. Heh, this managing thing is pretty easy. :D

Skjold 0 - 1 Herlev

Frost

A bit of a reality check, we fought long and hard for this one, and scored a late winner.

Herlev_IF_Fodbold.gif

April

A very important month with 6 games.

Ballerup Skovlunde 2 - 1 Herlev

Bak

A disappointing result against the bottom club. My keeper played a stinker, strange as he's usually very consistent.

Nordvest FC 2 - 3 Herlev

Holm (o.g.), Kleeman, Bak

We were somewhat fortunate here, I would have taken a draw, but two late goals were enough to secure a win.

Herlev 1 - 1 Sollerod-Vedbaek

Pedersen

Conceded a late goal mainly due to tiredness, and the lack of depth in the side. Will look for reinforcements in the next window.

Frederikssund 2 - 2 Herlev

Pedersen, Lauridsen

Not too bad a result away from home. The defense has been leaky lately.

B 93 4 - 1 Herlev

Mortensen

No complaints, B 93 are the top side.

Herlev 1 - 0 Vanlose

Pedersen

A hard earned win against our local rivals. The fans were 'jubilant'!

Herlev_IF_Fodbold.gif

May

This month would determine whether we'd be able to achieve what I expected, and finish mid-table.

Herlev 2 - 1 Allerod

Lauridsen, Bak

A routine win, wasn't expecting anything less.

Stenlose 1 - 0 Herlev

Disappointing that we failed to score, especially in a game which we should have won.

Herlev 1 - 1 Elite 3000

Lauridsen

A very good result against the top team. They went down to 10 men late on and we took advantage, scoring a late goal.

Greve 2 - 1 Herlev

Hansen

Slightly disappointing since Greve are fighting relegation, but we didn't play too badly.

Herlev_IF_Fodbold.gif

May

The last two games of the season, both against top teams.

Herlev 0 - 1 HIK

Can't complain, they're a better team and it showed on the day.

Avarta 1 - 1 Herlev

Gotovac (o.g.)

What a game, against the top team. They needed a win to clinch the title, and we scored in the 4th minute of added time, even though only 3 were added on. Plus it was a horrific own goal that lost them the title. If I was an Avarta fan, I'd be livid.

herlev2010-11table.png

As you can see, we managed to finish mid-table, and Avarta were just pipped to the title. A good first season, hopefully next year we can challenge for the title.

2011 Summer Transfers

In:

Jakob Marcussen, D/WB (L) M/AM (LC), 32, Technically gifted, physically quick and pretty aggressive. Will slot straight in at right-back.

Karsten Johansen, ST, 30, A well rounded striker who will partner Andreas Bak in the first team.

Poul Hubertz, ST, 34, A veteran but a very good finisher, possibly a good impact sub.

Karsten Sorensen, GK, 33, Experienced keeper who is well rounded and has a massive tendency to punch (20). Hoping it's a good thing.

Jonas Morentzen, M (LC), 22, Cover for centre-mid.

Jesper Olesen, D (RC), 30, One hell of a right-back, with a massive long throw. Probably my new best player.

Out:

None.

Screenshots are available on request.

Safe first season, hopefully you can kick on from here :)

Thanks Andrew, I'm still expected to get relegated though. I'm sure my signings can help take us towards the top end.

A solid first season, hope your able to keep hold of Bak as he could shoot you to success next season.

Thanks B.W.G, Bak was pretty inconsistent but when he was on form, he was debatably the best in the league. Lauridsen scored 10 too but I wanted to take advantage of Bak's talent, so I bought in another striker who I think will help Bak to score even more, and consistently.

I prefer 4 updates, pre season, end of pre season, mid season and end of season but thats me :) If it's done well I will read either

I see what you mean, I did that with one of my saves though and I felt it wasn't as in-depth as it could and should have been, I personally prefer it this way but if most people don't like it then I'll change.

Herlev_IF_Fodbold.gif

July.

A few preseason friendlies to report on:

Herlev 2 - 0 Hobro

Bak (2)

Hobro are expected to mount a serious title challenge in the Western division, so this was a great result, Andreas Bak was fantastic.

Herlev 0 - 1 Skive

Bitterly disappointing. Skive were expected to thrash us, yet we managed twice as many shots on goal, and really should have scored at least 2 or 3.

Brabrand 3 - 2 Herlev

Johansen (2)

Encouraging signs. Bak's new strike partner bagged a brace, and we were expected to get hammered. Looking forward to the start of the season.

Herlev_IF_Fodbold.gif

August.

Herlev 1 - 2 B 1908

Sindet

Disappointing, a bad start, and a game we should have won. The season ahead looks like it could be tricky.

LSF 0 - 5 Herlev

Bak (4), Pedersen

An away cup tie which at first looked to be pretty tricky, but luckily Andreas Bak was on fine form to guide us to an impressive victory.

Hvidovre 4 - 3 Herlev

Bak, Pedersen, Marcussen

Not as close as it looks. We went 4-0 down, scored 3 in the second half. We should have been hammered, they missed 2 penalties. Wasn't expecting anything to be honest.

B 93 2 - 3 Herlev

Bak (2), Pedersen

A massive result against a top class team. Bak is on fire!

Herlev 1 - 3 Naestved

Bak

A cup tie against a First Division team, not too bad a performance. We weren't expected to get past the 1st round, so this isn't too disappointing.

Herlev 2 - 0 Avarta

Marcussen, Pedersen

A win in the local derby, Mads Frost's return to Herlev Stadion after walking out wasn't a happy one, and the great performance of Pedersen prompted this great news headline:

pedersensational.png

We're currently sat in 8th, where we finished last season. Our only problem is inconsistency, our record is LWLWLW. Luckily, Bak looks like the best player in the division, debatably.

Herlev_IF_Fodbold.gif

September.

I was hoping for a bit more consistency this month, here goes:

LFA 2 - 1 Herlev

Pedersen

Slightly disappointing, but not too bad a loss. LFA are a good side with a great home record, so in truth I wasn't expecting much.

Herlev 3 - 0 Elite 3000

Bak (2), Marcussen

A great result against a team chasing promotion. Bak was on top form.

Sollerod-Vedbaek 1 - 3 Herlev

Bak (2), Johansen

Another brace for Andreas Bak secures 3 points from a tricky fixture.

Herlev 6 - 1 FC Oresund

Bak (3), Pedersen, Johansen, Graugaard

We were expected to win, but not by this much. Bak's hat-trick makes him Herlev's all time top scorer with 33 goals!

Fremad Amager 0 - 2 Herlev

Bak, Pedersen

The home side were recently promoted but were sat mid-table, just below me. A good win from what could have been a banana skin.

So there, a great month with 4 wins out of 5. We're now in 5th, promotion isn't realistic though as HIK occupy the only promotion spot, and they've won 9 games out of 9. Andreas Bak is on 16 goals from 11 games, what a player.

Herlev_IF_Fodbold.gif

October.

Vanlose 3 - 1 Herlev

Jorgensen

A tragic loss against our local rivals. A terrible performance.

HIK 1 - 1 Herlev

Bak

Somehow we managed to scrape a draw, after Olesen was sent off 9 minutes in. HIK's first draw of the season, they still haven't lost either. Good result.

Herlev 4 - 2 Stenlose

Jorgensen (2), Johansen, Bak

A good result. Stenlose are 1 spot behind us so we needed to win.

Fredrikssund 4 - 2 Herlev

Christensen, Bak

Sadly, the best team here won. Fredrikssund were easy opponents last season but are up for a title race this year.

Herlev 0 - 1 Rishoj

16 shots wasn't enough - to make things worse, they didn't have a single shot, the winning goal was a horrific o.g. from Christensen.

So I'm beginning to consider my future. The lack of support from the board, and the inability to become semi-pro will seriously stop me competing for the one promotion spot, especially with us being one of only 4 amateur teams in the division. They broke a promise to offer me a new contract, and I don't feel the club will ever move forward under the current ownership. I've applied for a few jobs, the Herlev board don't seem to mind.

00020878.gif

Welling United F.C.

Welling United Football Club are an English football club, based in Welling in the London Borough of Bexley. They currently play in the Conference South.The 2010/11 season hasn't been a good one for them as the club had financial problems, nearly going bankrupt but lots of supporters chipped in and raised £90,000 for the club to pay off debts. Steve Finnan, a Champions League winner, started his career with the club.

Welling United Football Club was founded in 1963, by Sydney Hobbins a former goalkeeper with Charlton Athletic for his sons Barrie and Graham.They began as a youth team playing in local league football on a park pitch, they gradually expanded and began playing Saturday football in the London Spartan League. In 1977 they moved to the Park View Road ground, which had previously belonged to the defunct Bexley United (historically called Bexleyheath & Welling). They joined the Athenian League in 1978. In 1981 they progressed to the Southern Football League Southern Division.

After just one season at this level the club found itself in the Southern League Premier Division after the league was re-organised. In 1985–86 they won the league title by 23 points and were promoted to the Football Conference

Although they struggled in the Conference, only twice finishing above 11th place in 14 seasons, they did enjoy cup success during this period, reaching the first round proper of the FA Cup in six successive seasons, on one occasion memorably knocking out Kent’s only Football League side, Gillingham. They also made one third round appearance, losing 1–0 to Blackburn Rovers.

The Wings dropped out of the Conference when they were relegated on the last day of the season in 1999–2000 and returned to the Southern League.

In the 2003–04 season, under the management of former England World Cup player Paul Parker, the club finished in the top half of the Southern League Premier Division and were therefore able to claim a place in the newly formed Conference South. The first season at this level proved a struggle, and with the Wings rooted to the foot of the table for the first three months of the season Parker left the club by mutual consent.

Former Coventry City and Republic of Ireland player Liam Daish took charge of the team on a caretaker basis before the permanent position was handed to former Norwich City and Gillingham defender Adrian Pennock, who narrowly missed out on taking the club into the promotion play-offs. Pennock left the club at the end of the 2006–07 season. His last game managing the Wings finished in a 1–1 draw at home to Hayes. Pennock joined Stoke City in a coaching position under his former Gillingham manager, Tony Pulis.

On 16 May 2007, Welling United appointed Neil Smith as the new first team manager. However after only seven months in charge Smith parted company with the club on 7 January 2008. It was mutually agreed between the club and Smith that his reign as Wings boss would end.

Andy Ford was appointed the new manager of the Wings on 31 January 2008. Despite losing 6–2 to Cambridge City in his first game in charge, Ford guided the Wings to safety and they eventually finished 16th. Welling finished 7th in the Conference South in 2008/09 under the guidance of Ford. After a poor start to the 2009–10 season Ford resigned stating he didn't think he could achieve what he wanted on the current budget. Jamie Day was announced as the new player/manager in November 2009.

On 12 August 2010, the club was served with a winding-up petition by HMRC, due for a hearing later that month.

Welling United play their home matches at Park View Road, which has been their ground since 1977 when they took over the ground which had been vacated by the defunct Bexley United. Prior to that date the club had played at a community sports ground in Butterfly Lane, Eltham. Having been unoccupied for some time, the new ground was almost derelict.

Erith & Belvedere have been ground sharing since the 1999 season. Improvements were made to the Park View Road ground in 2004, which included a new covered stand.

As a result of severe storms and gale force winds in December 2006, the floodlights at Park View Road were damaged. Due to safety reasons all the floodlight pylons on the Welling side of the ground were removed. The floodlights were put in place during the month of June 2007 and are fully functional, one pylon positioned in each corner.

Chairman: Loves the club

Fierce Rivals: None

Other Rivals: Dover, Grays

Stadium Name: Park View Road

Capacity: 5500 (500 seated)

Corporate Facilities: Basic

Training Facilities: Fairly Basic

Youth Facilities: Basic

Youth Recruitment: Fairly Basic

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £3,900 p/w

Goalkeeper.

Gareth Stewart, 31, Came through Blackburn's academy but found himself in non-league football instantly, moved to Bournemouth and spent many years there, before moving back into non-league. Will be my 1st choice.

Defenders

Tom Andrews, 19, bought from Bristol City last season, looks a real prospect and already the first choice right-back.

Jeff Henderson, 20, another youngster, this one from Newcastle United's youth setup. Already our best centre-back.

Osa Obamwonyi, 20, the other half of my central defense, Obamwonyi started his career in the Isthmian league before making the step up to BSS.

Dan Smith, 25, my first choice leftback started his career at Sunderland before spending time in the SPL with Aberdeen, and finally moving to Welling via Gateshead.

Midfielders

Loui Fazakerley, 27, my best right winger, having a fruitful career in non-league but no stints in the Football League.

Bob Malcolm, 30, an experienced Scot in midfield, played about 100 games for Rangers before spells at Motherwell, Derby and QPR, and a short trip to the A-League.

Brian Kerr, 30, another Scot, spent time with Newcastle as a young player, moved on to Motherwell and Hibs, actually partnered Malcolm at Motherwell!

Loick Pires, 22, a left-winger, half English, half Portuguese, spent 5 years at Leyton Orient before joining Welling.

Strikers.

Bradley Robinson, 19, bought from Man City where he came through the youth team, my assistant doesn't seem to rate him, but I sure do.

Luis Cumbers, 23, bought from Ebbsfleet, enjoying a career in the 6th tier with multiple clubs, and one of the most famous names in the division.

00020878.gif

December.

An opening month to forget. And before you ask, yes I have tried to sign Andreas Bak, and he wasn't interested, despite listing me as one of his Favoured Personnel.

Woking 0 - 2 Welling

Cumbers, Sambrook

A great result in the FA Trophy against the team top of the BSS.

Sutton 4 - 1 Welling

Cumbers

A tragic loss in my first league game, against the team occupying bottom spot. Awful display.

Salisbury 1 - 2 Welling

Robinson (2)

A good result. Sadly our defense was really sloppy. Inconsistency is becoming an issue.

Welling 1 - 1 Bath

Fazakerley

Frustrating last minute equalizer for the visitors. Thought we'd done enough.

Hampton & Richmond 2 - 2 Welling

Kerr, Fazakerley

Again, a late goal denying us the 3 points.

Welling 2 - 3 Weston-super-Mare

Cumbers, McQuade

A poor defeat. We really need to stop leaking goals.

So in all, it was a poor month. When I joined we were in 15th, right now we're one spot lower in 16th. Of course, the players will take time to get to grips with my style of play and tactics. I'm just hoping I can mount a late playoff push, or prepare for one next year. We're expected to come 4th...

00020878.gif

January Transfers

In:

Gifton Noel-Williams, ST, 32, a pretty well known face amongst lower league players, spent a year and a half unemployed and I took a punt, he's got good aerial ability.

Bradley Bubb, AM©/ST, 24, Another player I know in real life, the Grenada international is currently banging them in for Farnborough, and after seeing that his former club weren't scoring very often, I searched him, and found him unemployed.

Out:

Joe Healy to Forest Green, 3K. To free up wages for Bubb and N-W.

Jack Obersteller to York, 1K. Same as above.

00020878.gif

January.

A terrible month. My stay in England isn't going at all to plan.

Welling 3 - 1 Basingstoke

Cumbers, Robinson, Frewen o.g.

The only good result of the month. An all round good performance in which we dominated the midfield battle.

Welling 1 - 1 Bishops Stortford

Cumbers

Robbed by a last minute equaliser. This is happening too often.

Gloucester 1 - 0 Welling

We were never in this game, nobody performed.

Darlington 3 - 2 Welling

Kerr, Johnson

A spirited performance in the FA Trophy against one of the highest ranked sides.

Tooting & Mitcham 0 - 0 Welling

A game which we dominated but couldn't find the net. Really have to win games like these to have any hope of finishing in the top half.

Welling 0 - 2 Farnborough

Bradley Bubb's debut and return to his former club was tragic, we were completely overturned by a side who are similar in quality to us.

Maidenhead 1 - 3 Welling

Robinson (2), Henderson

Not a bad result, we were expected to win and we did. My strikers still can't find the net, now I'm playing Robinson on the wing and he's the only regular scorer.

Boreham Wood 2 - 2 Welling

Obamwonyi, Henderson

Robbed by a late goal, once again. Getting sick of this.

Braintree 3 - 1 Welling

Cumbers

Away against the top team isn't too bad a defeat, but they had 10 men for 60 minutes and we failed to take advantage.

So there, my stay in England is panning out as a disaster, I can feel the sack looming over me, and if it happens then I'll just see where it takes me. I'm not too bothered about rapidly climbing the leagues with one team, I'm happy to climb the ladder steadily, which is just as well, because I can't see me getting Welling promoted anytime soon. :( We're now sat in 17th.

I hope so too, the board don't seem too disappointed but I could see myself getting sacked if next season doesn't go according to plan. If a job in Israel or S. Korea popped up then I'd jump at it, I've never managed in either of those leagues and I'd love the chance to. Chile would be cool too. But right now I have to focus on Welling, and stopping the free-fall. Who knows, we could end up going down...

I think it's about time for a quick summary.

In the Premier League...

Promotions and Relegations.

Hull City, Bristol City and Nottingham Forest are now in the Premier League.

Sunderland, Blackpool and West Bromwich Albion are now in the Championship.

Managerial Changes.

Alan Shearer is now the Blackburn Rovers manager.

Nigel Pearson is now the Bolton Wanderers manager.

Sam Allardyce is now the Fulham manager.

Keith Millen is now the Hull City manager.

Alan Curbishley is now the Newcastle United manager.

League Positions:

Manchester United won the league last season, with Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool filling up the top 4.

Chelsea came 6th and Manchester City came 7th.

Record Transfers:

Simon Kjaer signed for Man City for £22m.

Eden Hazard signed for Arsenal for £20.5m

Santiago Cazorla signed for Man City for 19m.

Other Transfers of Note:

Leighton Baines to Man City.

Ryan Shawcross to Chelsea.

Stephen Warnock to Man United.

Romelu Lukaku to Liverpool.

Abou Diaby to Man City.

Titus Bramble to Bolton.

00020878.gif

February.

Looks like I accidentally added half of this month into the last update, just a shortie this time.

Havant & W 2 - 0 Welling

Slightly disappointing, after they went 2-0 up after 10 minutes I thought I may be in for a hammering, but we managed to perform slightly better in the rest of the game.

Welling 1 - 3 St Albans

Fazakerly

Debatably one of our best performances of the season, Fazakerly's goal was one of many chances we had. St Albans scored 2 penalties, one of which I disagreed with, but their other goal was a total fluke. We looked dangerous going forwards and the fast paced game that I encouraged was in full motion.

The first game of February was against Maidenhead, so that makes it 1-1-3 for the month. However our performances were more encouraging this month than the last, and I feel we're moving forward finally.

00020878.gif

March.

A long month, and a couple of wins here could make survival a certainty. Mid-table is still a possibility.

Welling 2 - 0 Eastleigh

Pires, Robinson

A great result against a team challenging for promotion. We dominated throughout and were good value for the win, and the clean sheet was nice too.

Woking 3 - 1 Welling

Cumbers

Another game we lost, but were the better side in. We've been playing better than results suggest and really have been unlucky not to pick up more points.

Thurrock 1 - 0 Welling

They scored an early goal and hung on, we had a few chances but didn't play well enough to deserve the point.

Welling 0 - 2 Ebbsfleet

Not too bad considering Ebbsfleet are one of the league's top sides, and we hit the post on numerous occasions.

Bromley 4 - 1 Welling

Cumbers

What happened there? They only had 2 shots on target, two unlucky own goals put them 2-0 up within half an hour, we pulled one back and it looked like we could come back, but after half time they scored a penalty, and finished it off in the last minute. We totally dominated that game in terms of possession, shots and shots on target, somehow we ended up being beaten heavily.

Welling 3 - 0 Sutton

Cumbers, Pires, Robinson

It was about time we won a game, even against the bottom club at home. The board picked it as a fan day and the crowd was almost 500, the biggest since I took charge. Luckily they were in for a treat as we totally dominated proceedings and came away with the 3 points we'd deserved on so many more occasions.

Dartford 3 - 0 Welling

We simply weren't good enough here, they missed a penalty early on and I thought it might have been my day, but another unlucky own goal from Henderson, and two from the striker who missed the spot-kick, put it beyond us.

The month as been encouraging, relegation is looking extremely unlikely, and hopefully I'll be able to kick on come next season. 4 games left of the season.

I've just finished the season and I'm in a dilemma, usually I don't like leaving clubs too quickly but I think it might be a good idea to jump ship before I get sacked, which will inevitably happen next season if I stay on, luckily the board weren't judging me in any competitions following the sacking of their previous manager this season, otherwise I would have surely been shown the door. I think I might leave and look for a new job abroad, not too sure yet... I'll sleep on it.

00020878.gif

April.

The season finished on the back of 12 losses out of 14 games. For a team expected to make the playoffs, it's not good enough.

Bath 1 - 0 Welling

Bath are a much better team and to keep it down to one wasn't bad going.

Welling 1 - 2 Hampton & Richmond

Andrews

We were once again totally robbed, two late goals took the 3 points away from us.

Welling 0 - 3 Salisbury

A tragic loss against the only non-relegated team below me. This puts me in 19th.

Weston-super-mare 4 - 1 Welling

Noel-Williams

An early goal was encouraging but misleading as we were trounced.

And the league table:

welling11-12table.png

Extremely poor, I think it may be time to move on already.

Ouch! Lucky to stay up by the looks of it! If you do leave where do you think you'll have a chance of getting a new job?

2nd-8th was real close!

I never really considered us in the mix for relegation, we were well clear for almost all of the season and I wasn't particularly worried, luckily it didn't come back to haunt me.

And I'm not sure... possibly a newly promoted club in a European 3rd tier? My reputation will still be very low so I'm not too sure.

Archived