First Match On The New Patch

As the title suggests, did your first match with the new patch work well, is it a sign that your team is doing well and do you now have faith in your team?

My first match was with a struggling Tamworth against top of the table Corby, Corby went 1-0 up with a header from Liam Hatch from a corner on 3 minutes and I thought the game was gonna end poorly. 17th minute, my 18 year old newgen Stuart Grice netted me an equaliser, we had chance after chance but the 1st half ended 1-1. I thought it was gonna be one of those days when you don't score but they will with one shot. Again, we bombarded Corby with shots but they held tight, at least until the 80th minute when Stuart Fleetwood smashed home a winner from 18 yards. Corby then went close twice in the last 2 minutes and when the whistle blew (50 seconds late :mad: ) I had won, I now have faith I can climb up the table and finish the season on a high note. What made it better was that I signed both the scorers for free in the summer :D

Feel free to praise my awesome rhyming skills ;)

First match with Werder Bremen against Olympique Lyon, they scored the winning goal in injury time. Totally hate the new patch. Seriously, ME looks good, but I think I might have to change my tactics.

0-0. We didnt seem to have the same dominance as normal. We only had 8 shots and 2 on target. Before the patch we have been free scoring all season.

Its a little scary as theres only 3 games to go and I'm pushing for promotion.

2nd game had 5 shots on target and won 5-0 with 2 own goals.

Started a new hopefully long term save with the new patch. First game Celtic 4 - 0 Celtic Reserves, Majstorovic scored 2 both from set pieces, 1 from a corner and the other from an ifk). Other 2 goals were from Crosas and new signing commons.

It doesnt seem to be too different from before the patch after 3 games. ME seems about the same. Moral maybe higher than usually maybe. Injurys possibly higher. Tactics seem to work about the same.

I just played my reserves too check out the patch and im preety impressed moves alot better strikers have been improved defending seems too have been been tweaker also when defending corners very well done!

As the title suggests, did your first match with the new patch work well, is it a sign that your team is doing well and do you now have faith in your team?

My first match was with a struggling Tamworth against top of the table Corby, Corby went 1-0 up with a header from Liam Hatch from a corner on 3 minutes and I thought the game was gonna end poorly. 17th minute, my 18 year old newgen Stuart Grice netted me an equaliser, we had chance after chance but the 1st half ended 1-1. I thought it was gonna be one of those days when you don't score but they will with one shot. Again, we bombarded Corby with shots but they held tight, at least until the 80th minute when Stuart Fleetwood smashed home a winner from 18 yards. Corby then went close twice in the last 2 minutes and when the whistle blew (50 seconds late :mad: ) I had won, I now have faith I can climb up the table and finish the season on a high note. What made it better was that I signed both the scorers for free in the summer :D

Feel free to praise my awesome rhyming skills ;)

glad you won.

p.s. kudos on your awesome rhyming skills :)

The patch ended my unbeaten run in style, a 5-1 defeat at home to an average side. One goal included a rebound off of the bar into the back of the keeper's head and in. My fullbacks in particular achieved terrible ratings (<5.0). My team had 65% possession, 85% pass completion but didn't convert the plethora of chances that they created. The centre backs tended to get together and mark a tiny piece of space around the penalty spot, leaving the opposition free to just play around them.

The second match wasn't much better, a 3-0 defeat to the league's bottom club. One free kick my team took was played into the back of the heels of a team mate stood a few yards away, the ball rebounding to the opposition who scored on the counter. Again, fullbacks rated poorly.

After that I tweaked some marking and closing down settings and we won comfortably. This time the fullbacks ratings were in line with the rest of the team.

Playing as spurs I won the first game 4-0 against Bolton, won the remaining 4 league games of the season climbing from 5th to 2nd and won the F.A cup final too, giving me a domestic cup double in my second season. Yay!!

0-0 at home.

18 shots to 2, 63 per cent possession, just couldnt score. Target man (Llorente) had a stinker.

Totally depressing way to start life on the new patch.

Sadly, I think I am falling out of love with Football Manager. I've played it every year since CM92/93, yet the last few years I struggle more and more to get a handle on it.

You get on a good run, then suddenly you fall off a cliff. Suddenly, for no good reason, a vastly inferior team will dominate possession, then its over.

Strikers always score in bursts, followed by long droughts. The opposition always seem to have a much higher conversion rate of chances. And if I read "XXXX will take this" and "XXXXXX boys wont believe they've lost this" one more time, so help me!

I accept its my lack of skill, I make no bones about it. But I find it too hard to get juggle the tactics/teamtalks/selections to get the performances I want, it seems that even having one slider out of alignment can dramatically affect the result. And when I do get it right, it seems to last only a short time before it needs tweaking.

Oh well, sorry all.

I beat Man City in the 2nd leg of the Quarter Final of the ECL 4-0 away from home with AC Milan, after losing 1-0 to them at home (on version 11.2). I was surprised that I lost at home to them tbf, so I knew I could beat them away but I didn't think by so much! Hopefully it was to do with my slating of Jose Mourinho prior to the game that helped and my motivational "you can win tonight!" team talk more than 11.3 being generous. The next game I beat an average Serie A team 2-0 away, so things are looking good. Inter away next could see me seal the title and I've got Zenit St Petersburg in the semis of the CL. Hoping for a treble winning season :cool:

First 'proper' game, (if it can be called that), was the community shield against Chelsea. 5 goal thriller. Chelsea outplayed us but we won 3-2. 3 own goals!! Glad no-one else has reported this as was starting to worry lol!

Plenty of yellows, so seemed quite realistic for a Man Utd v Chelsea encounter.

First league game of new game with patch lost 2-0 away vs Liverpool with Everton. Joe Cole scored with a header and Aurilio from inside the box. Had 2 ccc to livs nil but seen as it was Beckford who missed them not too disappointed. ALso seen as i'm a new manager with new tactics I didn't expect a result. Then drew with Arsenal at home, beat villa away and stoke at home. Happy to see improved heading from crosses and goal kicks/long balls/clearances. I play a for of 4-5-1 sonot huge number of chances as those above.

My first match on the new patch was the the 2nd Leg of the Champions League Quarterfinal at Marseille.

I won 2-1. I had 9 shots, 6 on target, 51%, 2 yellow, 0 red. They had 14, 8 on target, 49%, 6 yellow, 0 red.

Archived