+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,300 of 1492

Thread: 11.3 Patch Official Feedback Thread

Part-Timer

Has anyone had any problems with save game compatibility? I didn't want to update as in FM2010 the 10.3 destroyed my save. I did disable auto updates in Steam but like normal this problematic/usless program just downloaded it anyway (I hate Steam).

Sports Interactive Bardi Golriz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigerhgrrrrrr View Post
    The main thing I looked forward to on 11.3 was the removal of the Custom:custom:custom string that attaches itself to my custom squad view (I am easily pleased). But guess what, it hasnt changed at all! Perhaps I am expected to recreate my custom views all over again and hope and pray they dont go wrong again. Not sure I can be ar$ed to be honest! To sum up I thought 11.2 was OK, playable but a bit bugged, certainly my fave FM to date but even now after 11.3 it doesnt have the charm of CM0102. A shame Im so hooked on those damn 22 dots! The extraordinary delay in the launch of 11.3 (which I trust will be an improvement overall on 11.2) has left me with a "dont mind if I play, dont mind if I dont feeling.
    This issue was actually fixed in 11.2.1. It requires the removal of your cache (http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post6066653) and settings (http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post6066654), but bear in mind removing them will remove all your custom views.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPanda View Post
    I'm not trawling through this whole thread to check, but, when I try to change a players individual instructions during a match ie: less long shots, more forward runs, it changes the whole squads individual instructions. Any ideas what is causing this?
    Are you getting this to reproduce 100% of the time? I haven't ever experienced this myself, nor seen it reported by anyone else.

Semi Pro
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?

11.3, have just found one of the worst FM game busting bugs ever! :-(.

When I make substitiutions the player to come on seems to get randomly selected from amongst those players in the path of the mouse movement, never the player I actually select. If that is not bad enough after much fiddling (3 mins worth to make 1 sub!) I did get the player I wanted selected and checked it had selected the right player on the confirmation screen, lo and behold I go back to the match screen and a completely different player has come on. Add to this, when I make a sub a lot of the players seem to switch positions so I have to check and reposition them all again! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! Not good enough SI !

Quote Originally Posted by Whytecliffe View Post
    Having read through this thread, and with comments like this and similar from SI staff, are they looking into things with a view to fixing issues for FM12 or does it seem there is going to be a hotfix patch or 11.4? Has there been any indication of these
    We are determined to fix all issues reported on FM 11.3 for FM 12.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Bardi Golriz View Post
    Are you teasing us?

11.3, have just found one of the worst FM game busting bugs ever! :-(.

When I make substitiutions the player to come on seems to get randomly selected from amongst those players in the path of the mouse movement, never the player I actually select. If that is not bad enough after much fiddling (3 mins worth to make 1 sub!) I did get the player I wanted selected and checked it had selected the right player on the confirmation screen, lo and behold I go back to the match screen and a completely different player has come on. Add to this, when I make a sub a lot of the players seem to switch positions so I have to check and reposition them all again! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! Not good enough SI !
    How do you perform your substitutions? Do you drag and drop the PKD button of the player who is being subbed out with the PKD of the player being subbed in? Or do you drag the PKD button of the player who is being subbed in and drop it over the player kit on the pitch? Is this happening every substitution?

Quote Originally Posted by Cha Cha Cha View Post
    Are you teasing us?
    No, I'm just trying to clarify the fact that a fourth patch was never a part of our patching strategy as was outlined by Miles before FM 11 was released. Additionally, I think there has already been confirmation from SI staff that there is no hot-fix being worked on. That however doesn't mean we are not monitoring the forums closely, and making sure anything new that does get reported gets investigated to understand the dynamics of the issue better and for it to eventually get fixed.

Semi Pro

How do you perform your substitutions? Do you drag and drop the PKD button of the player who is being subbed out with the PKD of the player being subbed in? Or do you drag the PKD button of the player who is being subbed in and drop it over the player kit on the pitch? Is this happening every substitution?
    Thanks for the reply Bardi, it is always by dragging the player names down (player off to player on) rather than the player shirt icons across. I Posted mid match, now I have finished the match the later subs all went smoothly, and had no problems prior to that match. Intermittent. There was noticable mouse stutter on the screen too. If if carries on I will give up though, too frustrating for words.
    I'll give it another match or two & let you know what happens.
    Last edited by tigerhgrrrrrr; 14-03-2011 at 11:34.

Part-Timer
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)

Some things I've noticed in FM11.3:
    - I like that not all AI clubs make the same bid for a player now
    - AI clubs sometimes come back with a new offer after their offer was rejected
    - I like that transfer rumours now state a realistic transfer fee and not the market value of a player
    - defenders actually defend
    - AI clubs tend to have more 'major interest' in players which results in more offers, could be a bit more for the top players though IMO
    - the current-bug is gone
    - less goals from longshots
    - less goals from corners (at least with a routine that secured me 20 goals/season before)
    - sometimes the half-time screen doesn't show the player ratings. Has been an issue since 10.3 at least.

Semi Pro

Thanks for the reply Bardi, it is always by dragging the player names down (player off to player on) rather than the player shirt icons across. I Posted mid match, now I have finished the match the later subs all went smoothly, and had no problems prior to that match. Intermittent. There was noticable mouse stutter on the screen too. If if carries on I will give up though, too frustrating for words.
    I'll give it another match or too & let you know what happens.
    Is another subbing method more stable then?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazaru5 View Post
    The time since last saved clock is wrong, or broken, or bugged, or something...

I think it resets itself every 24 hours instead of counting in days like it used to. It's 3 days since I last saved my game but on the game status screen it says it's 5 hours... I know that I haven't got from mid-March to end of July in 5 hours, I can barely play 5 matches in that time, not 5 months!
    Hmm, that's strange. I've double checked my own career save, and the "Last Saved" and "Game Time" both appear to be reporting accurate values. Anyone else having this problem?

Is another subbing method more stable then?
    As far as I'm aware, all subbing methods should be stable. It might be an idea to clear your cache (http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post6066653), and see if that has any effect on the performance in terms of stuttering mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Clausdk View Post
    Great work with the new patch guys. But i've experienced a minor problem. On two occasions since i've patched up, my settings have been changed.

I'm from denmark, so naturally i'm playing with danish settings, so my currency setting is set to, danish kroner. But on two occasions, the currency setting, has been changed to american dollars, and it's not by me.

It's a minor problem, but I just wanted to let you guys know. But overall really good work with the new patch
    Thanks for letting us know about this one. It happens to be occurring randomly and rarely. We're currently trying to figure out what might be causing this.

Quote Originally Posted by StevoRobbo View Post
    My post from earlier.

Also the games on TV are the normal times you would expect them to be. But like ive said, none of the big games are on TV (at least not this save anyway).
    Hmm, when you say 'none of the big games are on TV', do you mean absolutely none? Or, if there are a few isolated matches between 'big' teams that are not televised? I've looked at a couple of different saves in the EPL, and the majority of matches that I expect to be shown on TV are shown correctly.

Part-Timer

Hmm, that's strange. I've double checked my own career save, and the "Last Saved" and "Game Time" both appear to be reporting accurate values. Anyone else having this problem?
    well it's definitely broken here. These pics show that the clock seems to reset at 24 hours

this was first, game date 24/06/11

then this one, game date 01/08/11

As you can see, the game time goes up by about a day but the time since saved still says 10 hours

Quote Originally Posted by imagawa99 View Post
    Some time ago i reported the bug where the player positions are reported wrong if the AI changes its tactics. This forces the player to check the formations screen to get the correct information. Not only has this not been fixed but i notice that now at half time the AI is putting subs on and their positions are being hidden altogether, being reported as "sub" until the match engine starts up again. Seeing as my bug report was acknowlaged by somebody from SI i have to ask what happened? Was it even worth making a bug report in the first place?
    Do you mean they're reported incorrectly in the commentary? Or on the Formation pitch view for the opposition?

Banned

Please consider patching 11.3 as a marketing move to promote FM 12... and viceversa.....

The fact is that we have a game to complete in FM2012 and if we spend the coming weeks fixing what we consider to be non-show-stopping issues in 11.3 we'll have an inferior product for you next season.

A game of this complexity will never be completely issue free and there has to be a cut off point. 11.3 is that cut of point for this year.

Banned

Hmm, when you say 'none of the big games are on TV', do you mean absolutely none? Or, if there are a few isolated matches between 'big' teams that are not televised? I've looked at a couple of different saves in the EPL, and the majority of matches that I expect to be shown on TV are shown correctly.
    IIRC, up to February (first season) the only 'big game' match that was on TV was Chelsea away (Im Man Utd). No Manchester Derby all season, I only got Arsenal on TV after February when I got a message saying the game would be shown on TV.

Season 2 seems to be slightly better with regards to big games but still nowhere near what you would expect. Pretty much every Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool game is on TV every year. But in this patch that isnt the case. At least not for me anyway.

Do you know why every Boxing Day game is on TV?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
    The fact is that we have a game to complete in FM2012 and if we spend the coming weeks fixing what we consider to be non-show-stopping issues in 11.3 we'll have an inferior product for you next season.

A game of this complexity will never be completely issue free and there has to be a cut off point. 11.3 is that cut of point for this year.
    I have seen games with more bugs than FM, but also plenty with less bugs.

However I certainly don't know many games, where you are expected to wait for the 3rd patch/half-a-year to play a "finished" game - year after year. The fact that FM is generally regarded (among FM players here) as not finished until the 3rd patch, means you guys are doing something seriously wrong.
    You have lots of excuses (like the one above) though. Excuses like "complex game" or "it's playable" or the one you are likely to use if you choose to comment "we consider it finished", really doesn't do much to gain respect from your loyal followers. You have a great product, but also some of the most hardcore fans who support you and your product. Stop the excuses and look into improving the testing of the game.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by paganizer View Post
    I have seen games with more bugs than FM, but also plenty with less bugs.

However I certainly don't know many games, where you are expected to wait for the 3rd patch/half-a-year to play a "finished" game - year after year. The fact that FM is generally regarded (among FM players here) as not finished until the 3rd patch, means you guys are doing something seriously wrong.
    You have lots of excuses (like the one above) though. Excuses like "complex game" or "it's playable" or the one you are likely to use if you choose to comment "we consider it finished", really doesn't do much to gain respect from your loyal followers. You have a great product, but also some of the most hardcore fans who support you and your product. Stop the excuses and look into improving the testing of the game.

You really need to understand that FM is one of the more complex games on the market. Just from looking at the number of leagues, teams, players, staff etc in the game should tell you that it would be impossible to test everything.

The games that you have seen with less bugs no doubt have far less variables.

You also have to consider that many times that a user shouts bug on here its simply a matter of opinion or lack of understanding and not a bug at all.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by grep View Post

Please consider patching 11.3 as a marketing move to promote FM 12... and viceversa.....
    unfortunately, the market makes them consider FM12 as FM11.4, so, as all previous games, FM11 users should get used to his, cause this is the last fix you got for the game you bought.

The thing is - we cant win. If we introduce an open beta to get the game tested more widely, it becomes impossible to manage the amount of info we get back. Last time we had a very large scale beta someone leaked it, so thanks to them that is now out of the window. So we have a beta team of 100+ people plus our internal QA dept - and I dont think we can find a better solution than that.

I hate the word "patch" anyway. Look on it as a software update. No-one describes the latest iTunes update or iPhone OS as a "patch".

Amateur

so Paul, to make long story short. is there will be a hotfix or not? yes or no?
    if no. just closed this thread. whats the point making this thread? there is no point to countinue this thread. SI already have a lot of staff to checking and tested the game for the next FM12.

I think you know the answer to that.

Not sure why no hotfix = closed thread though?

Banned

Paul, FM sereries have always had a gorgeous support in terms of patches so no problem if that speech is closed.

Just let FM 11 customers have a small incentive discount when purchasing FM 12

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by grep View Post
    Paul, FM sereries have always had a gorgeous support in terms of patches so no problem if that speech is closed.

Just let FM 11 customers have a small incentive discount when purchasing FM 12
    buy it in March at around 30% of list price - awesome discount

Amateur
    1st Season : Algard, Div 2 - Norway : Champion 18V-5N-3D

Right,

Have the same trouble with AI substitution....Even bad, I explain.

I look a left full back alone on the 3D Match, click on him to see this name and decide to strict mark him by my striker....When I go in the tactic menu to give individual order to mark, his name was not on the list. Very surprise, I look on the OI panel, and see that he always written like a substitute and the first full back is always on the pitch for this panel.
    So more suprise now, I look at the formation picture, and see him on the pitch !!!!!

Amateur

it seems that the disappearing stats only happen during the first season. its fine once you move on to the 2nd season. do check it out.

Part-Timer

The opposition instructions panel doesn't seem to be updating when the AI makes a substitution or changes formation which makes it annoying to change OI instructions, it doesn't happen all the time though.

Amateur

http://img291.imageshack.us/f/weirdqj.jpg

New game, first season. I wonder if they think this is the new Messi?

Amateur

Does the disappearing stats error happen with ongoing saves? I'm in 2016.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by upthetoon View Post
    it seems that the disappearing stats only happen during the first season. its fine once you move on to the 2nd season. do check it out.
    Yep from what I've seen of my save, that's what happens, people are making a bigger issue of it then there is I reckon.

Semi Pro

Oh, then the stats bug isn't even worth discussing if it dissapears after the first season. Might make that first season a little annoying but certainly no big deal if its not ongoing.

Banned

Love this game guys. 11.3 is awesome, great job. Hope FM12 is less buggy when first released though

One thing I wish for, maybe making a tactic could be a little easier.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Preveza View Post
    One thing I wish for, maybe making a tactic could be a little easier.
    Use the tactics creator wizard.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar2010 View Post
    You really need to understand that FM is one of the more complex games on the market. Just from looking at the number of leagues, teams, players, staff etc in the game should tell you that it would be impossible to test everything.

The games that you have seen with less bugs no doubt have far less variables.

You also have to consider that many times that a user shouts bug on here its simply a matter of opinion or lack of understanding and not a bug at all.
    ....and sometimes it is a bug!. Dont get me wrong, at times since 5/11/10 I have thought FM11 the best FM/CM that SI have ever produced, but sometimes bugs have turned me right off it. Your post, to me, gives good reason to say SI should only tinker with the actual gameplay every 2 years. The infill year would be a data update effectively with a few fixes, that way they have about 9 months to sort the previous day 1 release product and it should give us a whole year of (virtually) bug free gaming. I think we would pay full price for an almost perfect year of gaming even if some critics say it is "just a data update".

Amateur

Still seeing players losing there contracts throughout the leagues which is really annoying, take the player Valek I have taken on trial he was only signed 3 months ago for £250k and is now on a free again, I reported this back in the previous 11.2 version and was hoping it was fixed because it seems to happen a lot to players in the lower leagues- especially if you have a number of leagues loaded

Amateur

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Amateur

Because then the thread needs to be renamed FM2012 Suggestions Thread?

Part-Timer

Annoyances without reading this whole thread :

Team Blend takes an age to work.

Cannot sign Christian Benitez now due to him unable to get a work permit.

6th in the League midway through first season yet some players not motivated to play for me.

Some players not motivated to play for my Captain Scott Parker.

Now I understand the motivation issue if I was near the bottom but surely not if things are going fine!!!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Hammer View Post
    Annoyances without reading this whole thread :

Team Blend takes an age to work.

Cannot sign Christian Benitez now due to him unable to get a work permit.

6th in the League midway through first season yet some players not motivated to play for me.

Some players not motivated to play for my Captain Scott Parker.

Now I understand the motivation issue if I was near the bottom but surely not if things are going fine!!!
    1. not an issue
    2. not an issue
    3. your reputation is 'too low' for your status - it's not really anything to worry about, as your reputation increases this will eventually fade away - win matches =
    4. change your captain, Parker is an experienced player I'd expect him to understand... just be careful in your choice of new captain, get it right and morale will leap.
    5. see 3 & 4

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by charlo116 View Post
    Oh, then the stats bug isn't even worth discussing if it dissapears after the first season. Might make that first season a little annoying but certainly no big deal if its not ongoing.
    yup. i can confirm from my save that the stats disappearing bugs does not occur from the 2nd season. you can check it out on yours for confirmation. its just annoying for the 1st season thats all.

I have no problems in terms of bugs, however I personally dislike the fact they changed it so you have to pay for loan listed players.

For example i tried to loan Henri Lansbury in my first season, first transfer window. Arsenal demand a £500k fee and for me to pay his wages in full (even though they are my parent club and we have a loan agreement in place) - as i'm playing as Watford there is simply no way i can afford him, or anyone else for that matter.

I also feel that by doing this, it has made the option to turn off transfer budgets in the first window (which is what i prefer to do, as previously there was still loan activity but no major transfers) redundant, as now there is the occasional free agent signing - and i cannot afford to do this either.

I felt loaning players was one of the brilliant aspects of playing in the Championship, wheeling and dealing to get a brilliant youngster or two from the Prem for a season that may be the difference between top half finish and playoffs - and possibly promotion - and this has now become nigh on impossible for a cash poor club like Watford.

Apologies for the rant

Amateur

Nevermind, its working fine
    Last edited by tyroon; 15-03-2011 at 16:41. Reason: solved

Sports Interactive Lucas Weatherby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tyroon View Post
    Um, i have a friendly match against my reserves but there aren't enough players to submit a team and i cant cancel the match? What can i do?
    Holiday through the match?

Do you not have "grey" players to use for selection?

Amateur

Can u tell me why I hit the post in every match?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Robin :) View Post
    Can u tell me why I hit the post in every match?
    Maybe your strikers are rubbish ?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by wally13 View Post
    Maybe your strikers are rubbish ?
    i hit the post trice in every matches, do you think rubbish is the problem?

it is totally unrealistic

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Robin :) View Post
    i hit the post trice in every matches, do you think rubbish is the problem?

it is totally unrealistic
    Who are you and which strikers ?

Amateur

One of the things that annoys me is that when there is a highlight, and I make a sub in it (usually the beginning), and it goes out for a throw-in, or goal kick, my subs don't come on as the highlight wants to continue it. I just had that happen, I was trying to bring off Collins because he was having a bad game, Collins loses a header to Rooney (!?) and it falls for Park. Inability to tackles leads to a square and Rooney tapping it, empty goal, for scum's 4th, and I ended up losing 4-3. And then Dunne comes on. Great. The sub didn't come on just when I needed him, and I cant cancel it. It happened in 11.2, but I haven't noticed it in 11.1 or 11.0.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by blala View Post
    I think it's fixed i saw some penlalty gk dive or move in the wrong direction
    Not one in a pen shootout that had 11 shots for each side

Amateur

and you should renamed this thread to "FM12 Official Suggestion Thread"

Amateur

Cool

I must be in the minority but I don't encounter any bugs mentioned in this thread :s

I just need to get better at the game as the mighty Toon are getting decimated in the league lol but thats deffo me

TV games seem normal to me and I read about that before downloading the patch so I payed extra attention!

Now back to getting Newcastle relegated!

Mike Ashley gave me 11m transfer funds I think thats deffo a bug!I must have his kind hearted twin in charge!So far so good SI

I don't know whether this is related to the patch but the 3d game performance star system seems to be broken!Says my comp is 1 star?But it runs fine so not a game breaker just a bit annoying.
    Last edited by ZigZag009; 15-03-2011 at 22:52.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZag009 View Post
    I must be in the minority but I don't encounter any bugs mentioned in this thread :s

I just need to get better at the game as the mighty Toon are getting decimated in the league lol but thats deffo me

TV games seem normal to me and I read about that before downloading the patch so I payed extra attention!

Now back to getting Newcastle relegated!

P.S Mike Ashley gave me 11m transfer funds I think thats deffo a bug!I must have his kind hearted twin in charge!So far so good SI
    well they would have an extra 35m after selling carroll so the fact that hes only giving you 11m to spend doesn't seem so generous.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by charlo116 View Post
    well they would have an extra 35m after selling carroll so the fact that hes only giving you 11m to spend doesn't seem so generous.
    Haha good point mate but I managed to get Wickham and Van Wolfwinkels so I can let it go!Just a shame I won't be there till the summer to see if I get anymore!Championship here I come!

Amateur

I do enjoy the game but the latest stat bug has just annoyed me more than anything else, it is a glaringly obvious bug that someone should have picked up on more than one occasion, in any other industry if you bought a product which had any kind of defect, show stopping or not you would expect this to be dealt with, instead you are told don't worry it will be fixed in the next version. Well thats alright then let me give you my card details now so you can take another £30 out of my bank.

I have worked in the games industry a few years ago and I appreciate that the working hours are long and that the demands for perfection are high but that is no excuse for lazy coding, using a 4 or 5 year old engine to just bolt new modules on year after year is not the best way to work and every year you will come up against more and more problems until this is readdressed. I have bought CM/FM from the very start but my patience are starting to wear thin.

Some people think I'm Bonkers, I just think I'm free!!!! :D

It is purely cosmetic as the missing stats get included in the overall appearances, goals, average rating etc and it seems to disappear in season 2 from what I have read. Don't know why people are making such a huge issue about it personally as it does not annoy me in the slightest.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    It is purely cosmetic as the missing stats get included in the overall appearances, goals, average rating etc and it seems to disappear in season 2 from what I have read. Don't know why people are making such a huge issue about it personally as it does not annoy me in the slightest.

People have a right to voice thier concerns if they feel frustrated by something regardless of whether it is cosmetic or not it just highlights to me that SI have become lazy over the last few years. This I'm sure you will disagree with and I expect nothing less, however it is my opinion and as I have experience in this industry I feel that I can justify what I'm saying.

I wonder how many people will play until season 2 to find out whether the stats bug goes away on its own or not.

Some people think I'm Bonkers, I just think I'm free!!!! :D

Pretty sure many many people will have played beyond season 2.

Never said people don't have a right to voice their concerns but in my opinion it's been way over the top to call that particular bug game breaking.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    Pretty sure many many people will have played beyond season 2.

Never said people don't have a right to voice their concerns but in my opinion it's been way over the top to call that particular bug game breaking.

It certainly isn't game breaking from my point of view, my point is though (and this is the bit that you are missing) is that it is lazy and unacceptable from SI to just say that it will be fixed by FM12, there is a certain amount of arrogance about the whole process, in that they know there are problems, but hey people will still buy from us next year.

Amateur

Probably better discussed elsewhere...but one thing the 11.3 patch HAS done is completely knackered MLS to the point where it really CAN'T be played in a reasonable manner...

-Americans are incorrectly counted as foreigners (the first 5 shouldn't be considered foreign) for Toronto FC leaving you with barely enough players to make a squad at the start
    -2 AA (i.e. academy) players required in the squad registration, yet none being created EVER, so it's actually impossible to maintain a full squad and keep within the registration rules
    -players signing for near minimum contracts...Landon Donovan can be renewed at $24K/year after a couple seasons and everyone is WAY under salary cap as no players seem to want money
    but at least we got scouts now!

I know there's no hotfix or update coming here, but is there some kind of workaround for the first two issues, as those really make it near impossible to play MLS?

If there is no way to work around it, can anyone tell me how to get back to 11.2 on steam? MLS wasn't perfect then, but it was more playable than now...especially if you want to manage in Toronto

Part-Timer

erm... what's the rule on international's in the lower leagues?

Amateur

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...10#post6602010

i've posted this in the media bugs forum. Hope SI can look into this.

Amateur

erm... what's the rule on international's in the lower leagues?

Yeah I had the same and again I thought it had been fixed, im wondering whether they dont class those players travelling back from internationals as being away on international duty or something

Amateur

It's only 4 players and only 2 of them are in your first 11 and since you have a pretty big squad, to me it doesn't seem worth it to cancel a round of fixtures. I'm not sure if League 1 / 2 take breaks for the international break, I don't believe they do anyway

Semi Pro

i happy with the patch ,but not alot changed to the match engine so i dont understand why my tactic wont work. every patch we have to make new tactics it seems.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa2007 View Post
    It's only 4 players and only 2 of them are in your first 11 and since you have a pretty big squad, to me it doesn't seem worth it to cancel a round of fixtures. I'm not sure if League 1 / 2 take breaks for the international break, I don't believe they do anyway
    Indeed, I'm not sure what Lazaru5 is complaining about.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey1978 View Post
    Yes they do, Tranmeres game against Sheff Wed has been moved IRL as Sheff Wed have two players on international duty

http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/page...314708,00.html

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tranmereforever View Post
    Yes they do, Tranmeres game against Sheff Wed has been moved IRL as Sheff Wed have two players on international duty

yes very true reda johnson beine squad & liam plamer u21 's

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tranmereforever View Post

Interesting - was that done at the request of Sheffield Wednesday? Perhaps the game should allow a manager to make a similar request. I think this used to be an option in the game some years ago.

Amateur

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, and can't be bothered to read through 13 pages of post 11.3 feedback to check.

The managerial reputation problem still exists.

I've only been in charge of Newcastle for a few matches, and already I'm looking set to take over from Pep Guardiola in Spain, according to the media!

Very strange.

I am set up as an ex-Professional Footballer, with dual nationality (English / French).

Therefore if anything you'd expect me to get offered jobs more commonly in France.

Why Spain? And why such a big club as Barcelona when I've only managed a few games?

2 minutes later: Now both Athletico Madrid and Valencia are considering me.

I've done nothing in the game yet! I've won nothing, I've managed a total of 25 games, of which I've won 12!

Hardly 'special one' level, is it?
    Last edited by tjb2376; 16-03-2011 at 10:18. Reason: Added new example.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa2007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pompey1978 View Post
    Pretty big squad? I have no reserves and of those not picked, -5- are kids... prospects? perhaps for the level... of the others, both Green and Diaw are just back from injury, "severely lacking match fitness" and Norbert was a mistake... he has low stamina and can't finish a full 90

So that leaves me with Siberie, who I've just dropped as he is playing like a girl... (and a not a very good one at that!)

Of the four internationals, 3 would have been playing and the fourth on the bench Silva is new and a Hot Prospect, Norwood is my best centre-mid but new so still getting used to the team and obviously Bouzanis is my keeper. Pierre is also a prospect but not on the same level as Silva, and it would take an epic fail for me to drop Iriekpen or Mee for any length of time...

Obviously, as a result of the internationals I have no reserve keeper. I *could* put Connor on the bench, but as he is just returning from an 8 month layoff (and 3 weeks from resuming full-training) it's not a sensible choice. I have not got a reserve or youth keeper that is eligible to bench-warm and I'm not offered a grey as Connor is orange...

(It matters not as I won the match, but 4 internationals should equal postponement or at least the opportunity to ask for it to be re-arranged!)
    Last edited by Lazaru5; 16-03-2011 at 10:47.

Amateur

(It matters not as I won the match, but 4 internationals should equal postponement or at least the opportunity to ask for it to be re-arranged!)

If that's what happens IRL, then absolutely yes the game should reflect that.

Banned

So i just played the second leg of the league cup semi after the first leg ended 2-2, i was at home to west brom first leg. So second leg ends after 90 minutes at 1-1 meaning west brom lead on away goals so i think im out but then extra time starts which i thought was weird being as it was 3-3 on aggregate and west brom lead on away goals still, even weirder extra time ends still at 3-3 and was not followed by penalties? This has to be a bug right?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Up The Villa View Post
    So i just played the second leg of the league cup semi after the first leg ended 2-2, i was at home to west brom first leg. So second leg ends after 90 minutes at 1-1 meaning west brom lead on away goals so i think im out but then extra time starts which i thought was weird being as it was 3-3 on aggregate and west brom lead on away goals still, even weirder extra time ends still at 3-3 and was not followed by penalties? This has to be a bug right?
    Does the league cup incorporate away goals? I didnt think it did.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Up The Villa View Post
    No. check the league cup rules. Away goals don't count til after et.

Banned

So what happened is supposed to happen, i got confused because i wasnt even sure away goals counted in the competition.

Reserves

have you unticked the use real players option?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by madridby86 View Post
    has anyone else had this problem or is it just me

I started up a new game with the Jan Transfer (it worked) first time, but now when I start a new game every club has re-gens, managers, players & staff members and I'm still in the first season, so I uninstalled FM11 from my MAC and reinstalled it so I had no updates and it still does it :/ is my FM11 broken and are SI working on an update for it and please say I'm not the only one who has this problem

Do you mean there are no real players/staff at all?

If so check you haven't got the use fake or don't use real players option ticked when you create a save.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    have you unticked the use real players option?
    yea I just notice it "doh I feel stupid now "

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by madridby86 View Post
    yea I just notice it "doh I feel stupid now "
    haha no worries easy mistake to make!!

Amateur

One thing I've noticed with the new patch is that it appears to have missed lots of transfers. But when you go into the data editor they've already been done but for some reason do not appear when you start a new game. An example of this is Morten Rasmussen's loan from Celtic to AaB. Anyone else having this issue?

Amateur

Awesome, I haven't played FM for a while, about a month or so, so it's nice to see the new patch up, might give me an incentive to start playing again, just gonna have a quick read through the update

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jsritchie View Post
    One thing I've noticed with the new patch is that it appears to have missed lots of transfers. But when you go into the data editor they've already been done but for some reason do not appear when you start a new game. An example of this is Morten Rasmussen's loan from Celtic to AaB. Anyone else having this issue?

Is it a future transfer set for a specific date or is the loan already taking place from the season start date?

Semi Pro

Gbr

Only downer with this patch is I still can't get an international job. Not even applying for the youth sides.

I have been approached by other clubs wanting to poach me though.

Amateur

the woodworks gets lots thicker in 11.3

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TheGulls View Post
    Is it a future transfer set for a specific date or is the loan already taking place from the season start date?
    Rasmussen's loan has a start date of 03/02/2011 but there are other loans that have the same date or just before and appear when you start a new game - it just seems to affect some of them. I also noticed that Hinkel's injury doesn't appear when you start a new game but this has also been added with the patch.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TheGulls View Post
    I do enjoy the game but the latest stat bug has just annoyed me more than anything else, it is a glaringly obvious bug that someone should have picked up on more than one occasion, in any other industry if you bought a product which had any kind of defect, show stopping or not you would expect this to be dealt with, instead you are told don't worry it will be fixed in the next version. Well thats alright then let me give you my card details now so you can take another £30 out of my bank.

I have worked in the games industry a few years ago and I appreciate that the working hours are long and that the demands for perfection are high but that is no excuse for lazy coding, using a 4 or 5 year old engine to just bolt new modules on year after year is not the best way to work and every year you will come up against more and more problems until this is readdressed. I have bought CM/FM from the very start but my patience are starting to wear thin.
    Well said. I like the cheek of SI saying 'well, if we spend time fixing this game that you have spent £30 on, we will be forced to fleece you again next year with an even worse product.' Brilliant. This is the last FM I will ever buy. FM2011 has been an unenjoyable (and at times unplayable) experience from start to finish. SI should be ashamed of themselves. Absurd AI, penalties in every game, own goals galore and a ridiculous number of serious injuries. Possibly THE WORST CM/FM ever released. Why on earth don't they get a solid game out every 2 years and just release an update for those who want it inbetween? Oh, I know why, because there are too many kids to nick £30 from once a year! I shall be returning my FM2011.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Goaline View Post
    Awesome, I haven't played FM for a while, about a month or so, so it's nice to see the new patch up, might give me an incentive to start playing again, just gonna have a quick read through the update
    Don't bother. It's garbage.

Amateur

this has probally already been answered somewhere in the 13 pages.

I know a save game from 11.2 works for 11.3 and january transfers are not included in that save but are the players attributes such as Carrolls change in the 11.2 save? And all the other fixes?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by liv4pool View Post
    Well said. I like the cheek of SI saying 'well, if we spend time fixing this game that you have spent £30 on, we will be forced to fleece you again next year with an even worse product.' Brilliant. This is the last FM I will ever buy. FM2011 has been an unenjoyable (and at times unplayable) experience from start to finish. SI should be ashamed of themselves. Absurd AI, penalties in every game, own goals galore and a ridiculous number of serious injuries. Possibly THE WORST CM/FM ever released. Why on earth don't they get a solid game out every 2 years and just release an update for those who want it inbetween? Oh, I know why, because there are too many kids to nick £30 from once a year! I shall be returning my FM2011.
    You seem to be in a very small minority when suggesting FM11 is the "Worst Ever"

Perhaps rather than throwing your toys out of the pram you should take some time to understand what are actual bugs and what is simply a problem with the way you play/approach the game.

Amateur
    grans house and some other ladies house if i am lucky :) Sorry gran your on your own tonite!

You seem to be in a very small minority when suggesting FM11 is the "Worst Ever"

Perhaps rather than throwing your toys out of the pram you should take some time to understand what are actual bugs and what is simply a problem with the way you play/approach the game.
    He was being negative i'll give you that. But the underly problem remains. It is march before the game is playable nowadays( check out the tv money bug ). I love to see how many copies SI sell around feb-march.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSqFCB View Post
    He was being negative i'll give you that. But the underly problem remains. It is march before the game is playable nowadays( check out the tv money bug ). I love to see how many copies SI sell around feb-march.
    Not really, loads of people have been playing it since release quite happily.

What you see on the forum is a minority of people who in a lot of cases make mountains out of molehills.

Personally I feel FM10 was more playable on release but Miles posted the other week that FM11 had less bugs in number than any previous version. I think in general even though the number of bugs was less there were a few that were rather annoying to workaround.

At the end of the day a game with three patches/updates behind it should always be better than the release version and I'm sure lots of people wait for the final version to buy/play it.

Amateur
    grans house and some other ladies house if i am lucky :) Sorry gran your on your own tonite!

Not really, loads of people have been playing it since release quite happily.

What you see on the forum is a minority of people who in a lot of cases make mountains out of molehills.

Personally I feel FM10 was more playable on release but Miles posted the other week that FM11 had less bugs in number than any previous version. I think in general even though the number of bugs was less there were a few that were rather annoying to workaround.

At the end of the day a game with three patches/updates behind it should always be better than the release version and I'm sure lots of people wait for the final version to buy/play it.
    Not sure i would read too much into the less bugs in FM11 thing. First of all it still resulted in the same number of patches! . Second you only need 1 game breaking bug to cause a problem

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSqFCB View Post
    Not sure i would read too much into the less bugs in FM11 thing. First of all it still resulted in the same number of patches! . Second you only need 1 game breaking bug to cause a problem
    You can't read anything into the number of patches. Everything could have been fixed in one patch or the same number of bugs could have been fixed in a 100 patches. SI's plan prior to release was three patches the same as previous years and it will probably be the same next year.

Yes one game breaking bug is worse than 100 small ones but the fact there were less bugs overall suggests SI are moving in the right direction.

Amateur

You can't read anything into the number of patches. Everything could have been fixed in one patch or the same number of bugs could have been fixed in a 100 patches. SI's plan prior to release was three patches the same as previous years and it will probably be the same next year.

Yes one game breaking bug is worse than 100 small ones but the fact there were less bugs overall suggests SI are moving in the right direction.
    Your using bug numbers to determine that FM is getting better/stable. I disagree. This is a game so i say progress is the playing experience. How satisfying/fustrating is it to sit down and play through a few seasons in FM 11? Well thats each individuals opinion hence why what one person says is cosmetic may ruin another persons playing experience. for example FM could have only 1 cosmetic bug - everton having anfield set as their stadium - a few evertonians may not even play the game, might even return their copy
    Last edited by BlueSqFCB; 16-03-2011 at 18:44.

Amateur

My main problem with the patch(although its not a massive problem) is that theres alot of weekends where matches in the Premier League don't get picked for television.

Part-Timer

err, guys... feedback thread..

remember?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast