+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: 11.3 Patch Official Feedback Thread

Youth Team

Started a new game as Sunderland, and all the matches in the Premier League are kicking off at 3PM Saturday or the same time in midweek. Scrolled through the Premier League fixtures to see if it changed, it does change so there's a late and early kick off on the odd weekend but then keeps changing back so all kick offs are at the same time. I've checked Championship fixtures, and they're correct with the late televised fixture, and Serie A and La Liga fixtures all have different times most have the time, occasionally they all change to 3PM Sunday kick offs. The Premier League games aren't even on TV either, pretty sure this isn't right like.

Amateur

Just wondering why I can't offer a season long loan? The longest option I have is for 11 months, which I suppose doesn't matter then, but it seems weird I can't offer a season long loan or a loan till next season?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa2007 View Post
    Just wondering why I can't offer a season long loan? The longest option I have is for 11 months, which I suppose doesn't matter then, but it seems weird I can't offer a season long loan or a loan till next season?
    How long is the players contract? In the changelist it is mentioned that season long loan is not possible for players in last year of contract.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by nyzm View Post
    Hello, thanks for the new patch! can't wait to begin!

but do i need to install previous patch? or just install the 11.3 patch?
    No. Just 11.3

Quote Originally Posted by Proto Tarkula View Post
    Will there be hotfix for 11.3(I mean 11.3.1. version)?
    Nope. Unless they discover some major bug.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by vivu View Post
    How long is the players contract? In the changelist it is mentioned that season long loan is not possible for players in last year of contract.
    I believe that was only for loaning a player for next season as well, I tried loaning a player for a season that had a contract running out in 2012 [I'm in 2010] and it didn't let me, ah well, 11 months is fine :P

Amateur

I could be completely wrong, but I've offered two contracts to Lukaku and Smithies, both of which got canceled for different legitimate reasons, but when I gave them different contracts again, they offered me lower wages than the first time I negotiated with them. This is a small sample and could completely be coincidental, but I'lll see where this goes in future transfers.

Amateur

Thank god.
    Last edited by Richie_Magpies; 09-03-2011 at 09:40.

Amateur

Hi guys,

bugreported and uploaded a save to try and help fix what seemed to be a bug with problems in getting a job from gamestart as an unemployed manager of low reputation (see here).

Currently at 12th June 2011 with a 10.3 game started with 10.2 database, and no job offers whatsoever yet. Sunday League reputation, unemployed from game start, sufficient leagues loaded to hit 125k recommended player limit. Was any bug identified or is this working as designed?

Cheers.

edit: for 10.3, please read 11.3 - long night
    Last edited by Zebedee77; 09-03-2011 at 09:25.

Banned

Miles, and all the team at SI, thanks for this new patch. Its awesome. I know we've all been guilty of moaning at times, but Im sure theres a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes. Legends, and hope to see this game beating for the next decade

Amateur

Agents are still broken, i signed a player 1 year ago with a release clause of 1.1M and now he's worth 1.6M and when i try to renew his contract the agent always ask for the 1.1M release clause and will never accept any deal without it. thx for ruining my game because with this stupid clause i will loose my best player

Semi Pro

Have the loan fees and 100% wage contribution come back for good? Oh and how much of a change did attributes get? I noticed Gokhan Tore's (on loan from Chelsea) star rating went down even though the update came in-game

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Noob21 View Post
    Have the loan fees and 100% wage contribution come back for good? Oh and how much of a change did attributes get? I noticed Gokhan Tore's (on loan from Chelsea) star rating went down even though the update came in-game
    Depends who's attributes you mean. Gareth Bale got a nice little bumper, Andy Carroll got minimal changes from 11.2's version.....i don't think there have been wholesale changes.

Amateur

Great patch SI - Welldone.

Amateur

many thanks SI for the patch,looking good.now im gonna start a long term career

Banned

ME and many tweaks seem to be great indeed.

What's the catch with U19s leagues though? :/ They dont seem to activate when starting a new game...I hope this gets sorted out from 2nd season at least... :/

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Weatherby View Post
    Thanks the information, we are looking into this.
    I know that it was said there won't be a hotfix, but is this a major problem for League 2 teams? I haven't had a chance to play 11.3 yet but plan playing in League 2 and with you saying you're looking into it, does that imply you'll be doing something?

Amateur

I know, but as stated elsewhere in the thread, bugs are prioritised for fixing. That said, its an issue we're very much aware of and is under review.
    I understand your point. However I'm fairly positive this bug has been present since FM10.

Sure, it's a minor cosmetic thing, but it should be fixed by now.

Looking at the changelist for patch 11.3, there are some things there that don't seem to have a high priority either.

I now feel I need to press the issue for this to be solved ever.

Amateur

did SI solved scoring bug, one on ones etc.?
    did they solved applying for job issue?

tnx.

Part-Timer

Have you tweaked the goal scoring celebrations? There seems more variety.

Patch looking great so far, no obvious issues for me and the ME tweaks translating very well on the pitch re player movement, defenders and overall positioning.
    Last edited by Kazza; 09-03-2011 at 09:05.

Part-Timer

Not had a chance to play guys, but all is installed, but thanks though for getting it out before the weekend!

Right when is FM2012 out??? Sorry, I didn't mean that, hope your having a bit of a break now!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by marcftm View Post
    Started a new game as Sunderland, and all the matches in the Premier League are kicking off at 3PM Saturday or the same time in midweek. Scrolled through the Premier League fixtures to see if it changed, it does change so there's a late and early kick off on the odd weekend but then keeps changing back so all kick offs are at the same time. I've checked Championship fixtures, and they're correct with the late televised fixture, and Serie A and La Liga fixtures all have different times most have the time, occasionally they all change to 3PM Sunday kick offs. The Premier League games aren't even on TV either, pretty sure this isn't right like.
    Yeah, I noticed this as well. There are no TV matches in the Premier League in August. Strange..

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by macca72 View Post
    In previous games / patches, as a Championship club it was always easy to sign players (who are listed as available for loan) from Premier League clubs without having to pay an initial fee. I understand that loaning between Permiership clubs will attract a fee, but is it deliberate that Championship clubs should be being asked to pay ?
    It will be down to how valuable that player is to that club, and your own club's stature in the game.

It is what happens in real life as Miles said, I don't see a problem with this either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    It was a change made for FM11, based on the info we were given by agents and other people in the football world. It was wrong in previous games, as we were unaware it was the norm.
    Regarding the loan fees and wages issue which has been bugging me a lot since last night, I have to note the following: It's true that most loans irl involve fees and wage contributions. However, when a club lists a youngster for loan, it means they want him to go out on loan to get match experience. Hence it's unreasonable to ask for high fees and 100% wages paid. Further, when a club asks for a fee and wages from its feeder club, then what's the point in being a feeder club to a Prem club? Also, as this game progresses, wages tend to increase. There are hot prospects and decent youngsters in my save, who earn 40k per week. It's impossible for a lower league club to afford these wages, so how can the parent club be asking for the wages to be paid in full? These players will never go out on loan. Also, the fees asked are sometimes too high. I made an offer for a loan listed player (worth about 2m) to my parent club, and they asked for 975k as a loan fee. This doesn't change regardless of the loan period. They asked the same fee for a season long loan and for a one month loan. Now I don't know what your agent friends told you guys, but I'm absolutely positive that a Prem club wouldn't ask for the same amount for a short term loan and a long term loan. Also I'm pretty sure parent clubs send players to their feeder clubs for free, or for a fraction of the wages paid (20-50% depending on the wages). Imho this is a serious matter for lower league managers such as myself, who rely on being able to loan players from parent clubs without bearing the burden of high wages.

Again, I'm not only talking about high profile loans, or loans between unrelated clubs. My main complain concerns loans between a parent club and a feeder club. Isn't this the point of having feeder clubs

Amateur

Just wanna say a big thanks and congrats to SI for the new patch. Started a new game last night and works like a dream.

Cheers for all the hard work guys

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by davehanson View Post
    How have you got that? Mine was 271.8mb.

Amateur
    Greenock, Scotland, Xbox Live - scott maclean2

Just like to say thank you for the new patch SI, its working well for me and really enjoying it

Amateur

Hello, thanks for the update, but you have missed a transfer off for Scunthorpe United, Abdi Ibrahim from mancity is on a season long long now and its not a new deal as he has been on loan before Garner and Miller arrived

Youth Team

Kudos for the new patch SI, match engine seems to be much improved, really enjoying my save, so thanks

Ex-SI
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee77 View Post
    Hi guys,

bugreported and uploaded a save to try and help fix what seemed to be a bug with problems in getting a job from gamestart as an unemployed manager of low reputation (see here).

Currently at 12th June 2011 with a 10.3 game started with 10.2 database, and no job offers whatsoever yet. Sunday League reputation, unemployed from game start, sufficient leagues loaded to hit 125k recommended player limit. Was any bug identified or is this working as designed?

Cheers.

edit: for 10.3, please read 11.3 - long night
    There was a change made to this area of the game to help unemployed managers get a job. People have already commented that this change has worked for them and they are now getting offered job. If you were to increase your past experience then that would increase your chances of getting a job.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Bardi Golriz View Post
    Try sorting by the PKD column, and then holding [Shift] when clicking on the Position column so that it becomes the secondary sort column.
    You my friend, are a God. This bugged me for ages

Ex-SI

Quote Originally Posted by DeathSpawn View Post
    Agents are still broken, i signed a player 1 year ago with a release clause of 1.1M and now he's worth 1.6M and when i try to renew his contract the agent always ask for the 1.1M release clause and will never accept any deal without it. thx for ruining my game because with this stupid clause i will loose my best player
    Have to tried increasing the agent fee so he is more likely to accept a higher minimum release fee?

Sports Interactive Bardi Golriz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcftm View Post
    Could you please check if in the Preferences the "Move Matches for TV" checkbox is ticked?

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Hello, thanks for the update, but you have missed a transfer off for Scunthorpe United, Abdi Ibrahim from mancity is on a season long long now and its not a new deal as he has been on loan before Garner and Miller arrived
    Ibrahim arrived in January on a one-month loan, so that was not included in the database. The loan was extended on 15th Feb, which was after our data lock.

Amateur

Hi guys,

little bug i've noticed. Started a new game on 11.3.

Tok over at a part time Portuguese club.

Trying to offer wages to staff and when you click the drop down list it gives me the option to give £600 (for example) but it stays red and I'll only be allowed to offer £500.

Has happened with every contract i've offered.

Quote Originally Posted by dsdookie View Post
    Filtering for players seems to be broken now, tried doing various filters, eg only Attacking Midfielder Left & it shows players in every position, then tried adding pace stamina & crossing & only AML's showed up whcih seemed fixed, but i had it set at "At Least" 14 crossing & players with under that were showing up.
    The filters in my Player Search appear to be working fine. Is this something you can reproduce 100% of the time? If yes, please post about this on our User Interface bugs forum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...User-Interface).

Amateur

Playing as PSG in France. Their home team colours are red, away colours are blue. Yet I always play in blue colours at home and red away. Which is ok it's just that when i play in blue kit the commentary colur is red and vice versa. It's a minor issue but just to point it out.
    Otherwise great job with 11.3! ME is a peach. I love it!

Amateur

Finally, the patch has come back to this community to bringa the smackdown to all of these candy a*** bugs.
    Thanks guys

Amateur

First impressions are good however there are still a number of bugs here, for example I have had two instances with Tranmere where I have offered someone a trial for one week, after I have offered them a trial someone has offered them a contract so I tried to ammend it to offer a contract but they will not speak to me for altering the original contract offer ie the trial

Also have had 3 games in and 4 own goals ( league one ) including this one from Gulasci who controls the ball before walking into his own net!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tranmere.../0/GghQf3JQ-oA

The commentary said he was bringing the ball forward so very confused

Amateur

How come even when a player is listed for loan it is asking me for a fee to loan every player?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_Lf View Post
    How come even when a player is listed for loan it is asking me for a fee to loan every player?
    According to the guys at SI that is how it works in reality, so they have implimented this into the game.

Amateur

I may be wrong but it seems to have been set up that you pay a fee if you loan from the division directly above you, with Rotherham I was charged a fee for loans from league one but not the championship and premiership and as Tranmere I was charged a fee from the championship but not the premiership, that may not be correct though just what I have found

Banned

Sorry guys I can't read dozens of posts.

Would you be so kind to summarize within few words if the new patch is worth ? I mean, I was already happy with 11.2 so which are the 2 main reasons to patch ?

Has 3D been tweaked ? In better or worse ?

Thx in advance

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by grep View Post

Would you be so kind to summarize within few words if the new patch is worth ? I mean, I was already happy with 11.2 so which are the 2 main reasons to patch ?

Thx in advance
    Read the announcement post and it has a list of everything they have fixed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joseba1987 View Post
    Read the announcement post and it has a list of everything they have fixed.

Already done mate.

I was asking how it works in practice, not just in theory.

The most annoying bug for example for me it was the top youth facility within Premier that after years produced nothing at all except few Tesco employees. Is still the same ?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by grep View Post

Thx in advance
    it is always advisable to use the latest patch, most of the changes are listed in the correct thread.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    According to the guys at SI that is how it works in reality, so they have implimented this into the game.
    I have the same issue after the patch. If you read my post (#630 in page 32) I explain my views on this matter and why they have got it wrong, at least with regard to feeder clubs. I also believe that loan fees requested are just too high.

Part-Timer

Please tell me Premiership games get moved for TV games, I really hope u can sell players in Div 2.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papi View Post
    I have the same issue after the patch. If you read my post (#630 in page 32) I explain my views on this matter and why they have got it wrong, at least with regard to feeder clubs. I also believe that loan fees requested are just too high.
    well they work with people involved in football, agents and clubs, do you work within football yourself?
    I know its annoying but i think we had it too easy in previous versions.

Part-Timer

Games do get moved for TV, people who say its not going on need to fix it in the options. Just checked DIV 2 contracts and mine look fine.

Amateur

Be nice to have a word from SI on this, i cant see clubs charging for a player if they want him to gain experience!

Amateur

well they work with people involved in football, agents and clubs, do you work within football yourself?
    I know its annoying but i think we had it too easy in previous versions.
    It doesn't matter if I work within football. It's common sense. A club will never ask for the same fee for a season long loan and for a month long loan. You don't need to be an agent or a football professional to figure that out. Also, with loan fees involved in every loan deal, they have made the "can be recalled" option redundant. And I don't want to have anything easy. But it's also common sense that a club who chooses to have a feeder club to send players on loan would never ask for extravagant fees or ask for full wages paid. They pay my club to be their feeder team so why would they ask for a million pounds to loan me one of their youngsters? They way they have made it now, means that lower teams will never be able to afford loaning good youngsters from higher clubs. They will only be able to afford the same level of players they already have, since those are the wage structures they can afford. If a youngster in the Prem League makes 40k per week, which lower league club would be able to afford his wages?

Amateur

after hour or so on it im happy enough. match engine seems a lot better, my wingers are playing like wingers at last and i managed to sell some bloke for more than double his value after offering him out. cheers si. but please try and keep this stuff in fm 12 and not do the usual slipping backwards thing, ta

Ex-SI

Be nice to have a word from SI on this, i cant see clubs charging for a player if they want him to gain experience!
    It has already been answered

It was a change made for FM11, based on the info we were given by agents and other people in the football world. It was wrong in previous games, as we were unaware it was the norm.

Reserves

SI have already commented earlier in the thread.

They say this is how it works IRL.

Has anyone actually tried negotiating the fee at all?

Amateur

Just typical, I just notice the new patch has been released and tonight is the one night I won't be on the laptop as I will be at the Tottenham-Milan game. Guuurrrrr. I will just have to wait till after work on Thursday circa 5pm.

Reserves

It doesn't matter if I work within football. It's common sense. A club will never ask for the same fee for a season long loan and for a month long loan. You don't need to be an agent or a football professional to figure that out. Also, with loan fees involved in every loan deal, they have made the "can be recalled" option redundant. And I don't want to have anything easy. But it's also common sense that a club who chooses to have a feeder club to send players on loan would never ask for extravagant fees or ask for full wages paid. They pay my club to be their feeder team so why would they ask for a million pounds to loan me one of their youngsters? They way they have made it now, means that lower teams will never be able to afford loaning good youngsters from higher clubs. They will only be able to afford the same level of players they already have, since those are the wage structures they can afford. If a youngster in the Prem League makes 40k per week, which lower league club would be able to afford his wages?
    first off, can you tell me a single occasion the AI has activated the recall clause? In all my time of playing FM never once have they ever used it, however you can still insert it if you want to and as such its not redundant at all, infact that side of things will make no difference at all to how the system works now.
    Do you have inside knowlage of how loan deals work in the real world? If so please provide back up to what you are saying and i am sure SI will have a look at it, if not there is no way you can say for certain one way or the other, the system will not be perfect but if they have been told its more realistic to have fee's based on advice from agents and clubs then who are we to argue?
    If a youngster is on £40k a week i dont really see why their club would want to loan them out, before they get that kind of wages they must be a very very good youngster, and if thats the case you would have had to pay through the teeth for them either way.
    Feeder clubs will still send you loan players for free during a season, its just if you want to sign extra players they havent offered you get treated like any other team, i dont see the issue there, you will still benefit each season from having the affiliation.

Amateur

After 1.3, all the badges and flags are missing (I don´t use any other DB or file than that the SI provides).

Problem now solved - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...gs-are-missing
    Last edited by BrunoDP; 09-03-2011 at 11:59.

Amateur

first off, can you tell me a single occasion the AI has activated the recall clause? In all my time of playing FM never once have they ever used it, however you can still insert it if you want to and as such its not redundant at all, infact that side of things will make no difference at all to how the system works now.
    If there is a fee involved you can't add this clause. It's true that in the game I've never had the AI recall a player. But it does happen irl.

Do you have inside knowlage of how loan deals work in the real world? If so please provide back up to what you are saying and i am sure SI will have a look at it, if not there is no way you can say for certain one way or the other, the system will not be perfect but if they have been told its more realistic to have fee's based on advice from agents and clubs then who are we to argue?
    I don't need inside knowledge to know that a club wouldn't ask for 1m for a season long deal and again 1m for a month long deal.

If a youngster is on £40k a week i dont really see why their club would want to loan them out, before they get that kind of wages they must be a very very good youngster, and if thats the case you would have had to pay through the teeth for them either way.
    In my save, my parent club has about 15 prospects in their reserves, most of whom have extravagant wages. We're not talking about real life here. In the game, as time progresses, rich clubs give very high wages to their players. Even their hot prospects or decent youngsters.

Feeder clubs will still send you loan players for free during a season, its just if you want to sign extra players they havent offered you get treated like any other team, i dont see the issue there, you will still benefit each season from having the affiliation.
    That's my main complaint. It doesn't work like this anymore. Look, I'm not looking for an argument with you here. I'm just saying that the system needs further tweaking.I know that a lot of loan transfers involve fees. But I doubt that eg. Oldham paid 1m to loan Ben Amos from Man Utd, so the game should be tweaked to ask for more reasonable fees. After all, a lot lower league teams have 0 budget, so how could they afford to loan promising youngsters from higher division clubs? And the 100% wage contribution is also high, when a club clearly loan lists players to gain experience in the lower leagues.

Amateur

But why does it the majority of time only seem to be applying for leagues directly above?
    Why for example would Coventry loan Shaun Jeffers to Southend for free but charge Tranmere 22k?

Southend - Ash Taylor 4k ( Tranmere ), Shaun Jeffers Free (Coventry ), Ross Smith Free ( Blackburn )
    Tranmere- Shaun Jeffers - 22k ( Coventry ) Ross Smith Free ( Blackburn )
    Leeds- Ross Smith 40k ( Blackburn )

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tranmereforever View Post
    But why does it the majority of time only seem to be applying for leagues directly above?
    Why for example would Coventry loan Shaun Jeffers to Southend for free but charge Tranmere 22k?

Southend - Ash Taylor 4k ( Tranmere ), Shaun Jeffers Free (Coventry ), Ross Smith Free ( Blackburn )
    Tranmere- Shaun Jeffers - 22k ( Coventry ) Ross Smith Free ( Blackburn )
    Leeds- Ross Smith 40k ( Blackburn )
    That's what I'm trying to find out! How does the loan system work now?

Reserves

If there is a fee involved you can't add this clause. It's true that in the game I've never had the AI recall a player. But it does happen irl.

Yes it does happen in real life, but in the game that clause is solely for our use, so really its not an issue that AI clubs will never ask for it really is it?

I don't need inside knowledge to know that a club wouldn't ask for 1m for a season long deal and again 1m for a month long deal.

your most likely right on that one to be honest, like i say the system is not perfect as it stands.

In my save, my parent club has about 15 prospects in their reserves, most of whom have extravagant wages. We're not talking about real life here. In the game, as time progresses, rich clubs give very high wages to their players. Even their hot prospects or decent youngsters.

I must say i have not seen youngsters who would be considered for loaning on massive wages, playing as aberdeen in the SPL loaning players is vital but i have never seen man u or any of the big teams paying £40k to a player they would consider for loaning, not unless they have signed him for a lot of money recently.

That's my main complaint. It doesn't work like this anymore. Look, I'm not looking for an argument with you here. I'm just saying that the system needs further tweaking.I know that a lot of loan transfers involve fees. But I doubt that eg. Oldham paid 1m to loan Ben Amos from Man Utd, so the game should be tweaked to ask for more reasonable fees. After all, a lot lower league teams have 0 budget, so how could they afford to loan promising youngsters from higher division clubs? And the 100% wage contribution is also high, when a club clearly loan lists players to gain experience in the lower leagues.

so are you saying feeder clubs do not offer players on loan anymore? If so then yes i would completely agree its not working correctly, i will have to check this out tonight.

see answers in bold

Third Team

Anyone else noticing defenders just standing there sometimes? It was there before the patch but seems to happen a lot more, it would be easier to take if the defenders tried and failed to tackle rather than just standing there or running after them 3 seconds later.

Amateur

If I, or any of the other people who raised it with me this evening, had known that was happening for previous updates, it would not have happened then either for the same mentioned legal and licensing reasons.

That's because he hadn't joined by the end of January, which is when the data lock was.
    that is a stupid reason, the data lock is then but we dont recieve the half hearted update till half way through march?

Amateur

With regards to the loan fees/wages issue.

I haven't played the game post-patch yet as I only discovered it had been released when I got to work today. However, if it's now the case that feeder clubs are being asked for money to faciliate loans from their parent clubs, this HAS changed from 11.2.1.

I'm playing as Hartlepool, and have Manchester United as my parent club. In 5 seasons I've probably had about 8 or 9 players on loan, and not once have I had to pay either a fee or a contribution to their wages. I'll test it tonight on my save, but this is alarming news if it turns out to be true.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wackettdagenham View Post
    Just typical, I just notice the new patch has been released and tonight is the one night I won't be on the laptop as I will be at the Tottenham-Milan game. Guuurrrrr. I will just have to wait till after work on Thursday circa 5pm.
    I'm perfectly willing to use your ticket if you want to stay in and play FM tonight.

Lucky %?&*!!*

Amateur

See my answers in red

Yes it does happen in real life, but in the game that clause is solely for our use, so really its not an issue that AI clubs will never ask for it really is it?

The reason I mentioned this clause it that I have found that sometimes, when managing in the lower leagues, players refuse to move on loan to your club. But when I made another loan offer wit this clause activated they accepted. Maybe it's random.

I must say i have not seen youngsters who would be considered for loaning on massive wages, playing as aberdeen in the SPL loaning players is vital but i have never seen man u or any of the big teams paying £40k to a player they would consider for loaning, not unless they have signed him for a lot of money recently.

In my save Man Utd who is my parent club, have about 15 young players in their reserves - mostly regens - who make huge wages and they are all loan listed. I used to loan at least 2 or 3 every season but now I can't cause I can't afford the wages or the fees they ask for.

so are you saying feeder clubs do not offer players on loan anymore? If so then yes i would completely agree its not working correctly, i will have to check this out tonight.

I can't confirm that 100% until later in the week mate. I was offered a player as usual, for free, before I downloaded the patch. A little while later I patched up and I haven't been able to loan a single player from my parent club, or any other club for that matter. The fees they ask for are extravagant for loan listed youngsters. I could buy 4 key players for my squad with the money they are asking for!If only I had that kind of money...

Ex-SI

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey1978 View Post

I haven't played the game post-patch yet as I only discovered it had been released when I got to work today. However, if it's now the case that feeder clubs are being asked for money to faciliate loans from their parent clubs, this HAS changed from 11.2.1.

I'm playing as Hartlepool, and have Manchester United as my parent club. In 5 seasons I've probably had about 8 or 9 players on loan, and not once have I had to pay either a fee or a contribution to their wages. I'll test it tonight on my save, but this is alarming news if it turns out to be true.
    If your agreement allows them to send you players on loan every season with no loan fee and no wages paid by you then this will remain as it is.
    If you ask to loan players from your parent club (rather than them sending the players to you on loan) then you may have to pay a fee and a percentage of the players wages.

Amateur

Unfortunately it's true mate. I for one, have experienced this since last night and I'm wondering if it's worth it managing a lower team any more. I managed to loan one player from ManU (my parent club as well!) before the patch. Then I saw the patch was out, stopped playing mid-transfer season and downloaded it. Now I can't afford to loan any players and am stuck with a lesser squad than I had planned for...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gudge View Post
    If your agreement allows them to send you players on loan every season with no loan fee and no wages paid by you then this will remain as it is.
    If you ask to loan players from your parent club (rather than them sending the players to you on loan) then you may have to pay a fee and a percentage of the players wages.
    Is the part in bold a change for 11.3?

I can't remember off the top of my head what the terms of the agreement are; hence I'm using caveats like "if this is true", as I don't want to get annoyed about something that isn't actually an issue :-)

edit to say: I've had both players sent to me from the club at the start of the season, and have also approached them for loan players. In both cases, I've never had to pay a penny.

Amateur

Loving the patch but seriously, TV games in the prem league are a bit odd, it went from virtually none everyweek to now the boxing day fixture were every game is on TV

Reserves

thats strange as i say i am now 10 years in and i havent seen players on huge wages in the reserves, that sounds a bit buggy to me, no way these kids should be getting that kind of money.
    Yeah ill report back tonight, i am just away to start a new season and i have man u as a parent club so ill see if they offer me any players for free like normal, if not then i would be very disappointed, it would ruin the parent club set up for me.

Amateur

First thing I noticed on the new patch is this. I'd like to know if it's a bug for me, or did SI do this on purpose??

How on earth can anyone read this? IMO it adds no new functionality whatsoever

Ex-SI

Is the part in bold a change for 11.3?

I can't remember off the top of my head what the terms of the agreement are; hence I'm using caveats like "if this is true", as I don't want to get annoyed about something that isn't actually an issue :-)

edit to say: I've had both players sent to me from the club at the start of the season, and have also approached them for loan players. In both cases, I've never had to pay a penny.
    Yes, it's a change for 11.3. As has been mentioned, this is what we've been told is common practice.
    Also previously it was too easy to sign decent players on loan without having to pay a loan fee or contribute towards their wages, don't you think?

Reserves

Yes, it's a change for 11.3. As has been mentioned, this is what we've been told is common practice.
    Also previously it was too easy to sign decent players on loan without having to pay a loan fee or contribute towards their wages, don't you think?
    thats fine then i was a bit worried you guys had got rid of the parent club thing altogether, i would agree with the paying fee's if you want the players on loan and yes it was a tad easy to snap up very very good youngsters for nothing before.

Youth Team

I'm never buying this game on ****ing steam ever again. I didn't want the patch until after my season had finished so I just left steam on hoping it wouldn't download and to my horror, it has, the day before my champions league final which means my tactics are now completely screwed.

Not SI's fault but I just had to rant. What a complete balls up.

Is there some way to stop this incredibly annoying nonsense happening on steam, for future reference?

Quote Originally Posted by outtasync View Post

First thing I noticed on the new patch is this. I'd like to know if it's a bug for me, or did SI do this on purpose??

How on earth can anyone read this? IMO it adds no new functionality whatsoever
    Okay, this is certainly not intentional. Please try deleting your cache (http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post6066653) and rebooting the game.

Amateur

I'd never really thought about it, I just assumed that was the way things happened IRL. However, if you guys have been told that the new model is how it actually works, then that's fair enough.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by dking View Post
    I'm never buying this game on ****ing steam ever again. I didn't want the patch until after my season had finished so I just left steam on hoping it wouldn't download and to my horror, it has, the day before my champions league final which means my tactics are now completely screwed.

Is there some way to stop this incredibly annoying nonsense happening on steam, for future reference?
    turn off the autoupdate function on steam, or dont go online when you start up steam.
    Why will your tactics be screwed by the way? I have played 6 months game time with the same tactics as i used since the demo version and they are still working fine.

Amateur

I'm afraid I have to say I'm overall not very happy with the improvements made on the new patch, and by that I mean I'm not at all happy with the Match Engine.
    The players playing wide are still absolutely useless, outrunning everyone to the byline and then passing back and forth on the flank and waiting 'till the whole opposition defence gets in their place before attempting a cross in - to me it's simply a game ruining factor. Also, the behaviour of forwards in the 18 yard box and their poor decision making between passing and shooting is just awful and I'm still unsure about the free-kick thing.
    I've been waiting for the 3rd patch before I really made my mind about Fm11, but now that I've tested it I can officially say that I'm disappointed and will not be enjoying the game untill FM 12 comes out.
    On the positive side, there were obviously many tweeks made in the new patch, which could've vastly improve the gaming experience, and I understand that it would be extremely hard to fix ME problems in just one patch, but still for me, a football game with ME problems is simply unenjoyable.

Alex

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by dking View Post

There is an option on Steam to "Always keep this game up to date" or "Automatically download patches for this game"

Simply untick the option.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Alex89 View Post
    I'm afraid I have to say I'm overall not very happy with the improvements made on the new patch, and by that I mean I'm not at all happy with the Match Engine.
    The players playing wide are still absolutely useless, outrunning everyone to the byline and then passing back and forth on the flank and waiting 'till the whole opposition defence gets in their place before attempting a cross in - to me it's simply a game ruining factor. Also, the behaviour of forwards in the 18 yard box and their poor decision making between passing and shooting is just awful and I'm still unsure about the free-kick thing.

I haven't played any on 11.3 but I didn't experience this on 11.2 so I very much think this is a tactical issue.

Perhaps open a new thread with screenshots of your tactics and/or upload a pkm and I'm sure people will be able to offer you some advice.

Amateur

I have no problem with loan fees as such but why is it though that like in my example above Southend can get a player from Coventry on no fee but Tranmere get charged a fee for him, it just seems odd in the sense that if they wanted to loan a player out it would surely be the same rules whether its league one or league two

Sports Interactive Lucas Weatherby's Avatar

I have no problem with loan fees as such but why is it though that like in my example above Southend can get a player from Coventry on no fee but Tranmere get charged a fee for him, it just seems odd in the sense that if they wanted to loan a player out it would surely be the same rules whether its league one or league two
    They're in different leagues - Southend are League Two, Tranmere are League One.

Since Southend will be a poorer club and seen as a way of gaining experience, whereas Tranmere being a league higher will be assumed to have the resources to pay a fee for such a player.

Reserves

I take it tranmere are in the same division as coventry during this situation yes?
    If so it makes sense, the player will be adding to a rivals squad so they should have to pay for that, if the player is moving to a different division he is not in direct competition his current team.

Amateur

Well, one thing is for sure. With the new loan policy lower league managers will face much more of a challenge ;) I won't pretend I'm happy about it or that I agree with this reasoning, but I can acknowledge I can't do much about it other than rant on here, and I've done that a lot since last night. My Vauxhall Motors will have a tough time in the Championship this season!

Overall though, good work on the patch.

Edit: I can confirm the thing about lower divisions. To test this, I added managers in League 1 and League 2 and wasn't asked to pay a fee or contribute wages when I offered to loan players from the Premier league. Only teams from the division below, ie. the Championship, are asked for that. Even feeder clubs unfortunately, when it is them who make the offer. The parent club will still send a player to the feeder club for free at the start of the season. Too bad they always choose to send me their worst youngsters..
    Last edited by Big Papi; 09-03-2011 at 12:47.

Amateur

Okay, this is certainly not intentional. Please try deleting your cache (http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post6066653) and rebooting the game.
    Hi, i deleted the skin cache and rebooted the game, but it's still the same. is there anything else i can try?

Youth Team

Zonal marking for cm's still isn't fixed then. My zonal marking cm's still decide to run up the pitch and mark a completely irrelevant player to what the AI is doing.

Pretty sure it said something in the patch notes about this problem being fixed.

Amateur

If i've decided to completely reinstall my FM11 for this (HOPEFULLY final update) do i need to put the others on first?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    If i've decided to completely reinstall my FM11 for this (HOPEFULLY final update) do i need to put the others on first?
    Why make a thread if you have asked in here anyway?

No you dont need to. Just install 11.3

Quote Originally Posted by outtasync View Post
    Hi, i deleted the skin cache and rebooted the game, but it's still the same. is there anything else i can try?
    Okay, could you please try deleting your settings (http://community.sigames.com/showthr...#post6066654)? Bear in mind, this will reset all your preferences to the default settings, and you will lose any customisable views you've created.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar2010 View Post
    I haven't played any on 11.3 but I didn't experience this on 11.2 so I very much think this is a tactical issue.

Perhaps open a new thread with screenshots of your tactics and/or upload a pkm and I'm sure people will be able to offer you some advice.

It could be my fault, I won't be ruling that out. But it still seems odd that in the counter attack an open player at the flank would rather pass back instead of crossing into the box where he has only a tall target man, covered by two shorter defenders, waiting for the ball.
    Although I find it hard to believe It may of course also be my fault, will try to look into it, thanks.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by StevoRobbo View Post
    Why make a thread if you have asked in here anyway?

No you dont need to. Just install 11.3
    To feel even more glutonous?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    To feel even more glutonous?
    Great

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Alex89 View Post
    It could be my fault, I won't be ruling that out. But it still seems odd that in the counter attack an open player at the flank would rather pass back instead of crossing into the box where he has only a tall target man, covered by two shorter defenders, waiting for the ball.
    Although I find it hard to believe It may of course also be my fault, will try to look into it, thanks.

Things I would look at and consider:

A) Mentality of the winger - The higher it is the more likely he is to attempt a risky pass/cross as opposed to keeping possession. Nb on what the ME deems to be a CA the mentality is temp increased during the CA phase.

B) Passing range of the winger - If you've given him a short passing range it could be that the men in the box are outside of your instructed passing range.

C) I would also look at the players attributes - does he have the ability to spot the man in the box and also does he make good decisions.

D) Cross to instructions - make sure they aren't conflicting with the runs that your TM is making.

E) Cross from instructions

F) Overall team instructions/philosophy

I've probably missed some others as well but at least it will give you a starting point.

Amateur

hi there, could someone from SI address the matches being moved for tv issue in the english premier league? Has this being acknowledged as a bug or not?

Banned

I have some problems with contract negotiations.

I'm managing Wolfsburg and i've already had 2.2 m€ p/a budget wage.

But when i try to offer a contract to any player i can offer him maximum 650 k€ p/a which a squad role of a key player.

What's the problem about this???

Amateur

I take it tranmere are in the same division as coventry during this situation yes?
    If so it makes sense, the player will be adding to a rivals squad so they should have to pay for that, if the player is moving to a different division he is not in direct competition his current team.
    No Coventry are in Championship, Tranmere league one and Southend league two, if they are loaning a player out to get first team experience I doubt they would charge a fee to a league one club but not a league two club especially as the budgets for the two are not very much different

Amateur

Okay, could you please try deleting your settings (http://community.sigames.com/showthr...#post6066654)? Bear in mind, this will reset all your preferences to the default settings, and you will lose any customisable views you've created.
    ok fixed! cheers!

Amateur

patch 11.3 it`s a bad joke from SI :

- passing is awful , all passing go on the back of the player , the player has to turn for the ball , no matter if you play direct or short pass
    - the players are crossing like they didn`t eat for the last week ,no power in crosses, this patch can`t make the difference between drill and float
    - marking players is from another world ... man or zonal , it doesn`t matter - it`s a joke
    - pace and acceleration doesn`t matter if it`s under 15-16 , they`re running like they`re 80yo

and many many more

Ex-SI

Quote Originally Posted by Inertia1907 View Post
    I have some problems with contract negotiations.

I'm managing Wolfsburg and i've already had 2.2 m€ p/a budget wage.

But when i try to offer a contract to any player i can offer him maximum 650 k€ p/a which a squad role of a key player.

What's the problem about this???
    How much money do you have left remaining from your budget?

Banned

How much money do you have left remaining from your budget?
    I have 2.2 m€ per annum from wage budget and 4.7 m€ from transfer budget.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast