Interesting World Cup/International Match Results

So I just started the 2014 World Cup in one of my saves(managing England, in Group C), and the first day(first game, even) spit up this result:

2011-03-07_0301.png

Great start for Brazil in their home World Cup.

Anyone else seen any bizarre results?

I'll be updating this thread with any more that I see during this WC(not including any of my matches)

WC 2010 - France and Italy crashed outta group stage with France and Italy not winning a single game.

WC 2014 - Peru won the WC. Beating Brazil 2-1, Italy 3-0(Quarter), Chilie 1-0(Semi) and Germany 2-1 (Final). No easy fixture here coz Peru got Spain, Turkey (3rd place) and Algeria in group stage.

Nothing quite interesting for WC 2018 and 2022 coz Spain and Brazil won respectively.

Wait.. nvm about 2010.. That's not FM :D

Morocco was in the quarter finals of the 2014 World Cup, Scotland actually qualified, and England beat Spain in penalties to win EC2012 with all 4 Spanish kickers missing. Aside from those nothing too strange, btw Germany won WC2014.

On FM 05, I was proud to see Australia go on a fairytale run to take out the 2006 World Cup. I still have the screenshots around somewhere... From memory they pipped Brazil 1-0 in the final, after going past Spain 1-0 in the semis.

Archived