I have had it up to here!!

I really have had it with Agents. Their introduction into FM has destroyed contracts. Players playing for you and have you listed as favoured personnel, and have the club as their favoured club...but when you go and renew contract - agent says they dont want to renew. Its a disgrace and needs to get sorted - either by removing or modifying it

I really have had it with Agents. Their introduction into FM has destroyed contracts. Players playing for you and have you listed as favoured personnel, and have the club as their favoured club...but when you go and renew contract - agent says they dont want to renew. Its a disgrace and needs to get sorted - either by removing or modifying it

I suppose the one thing thats true is that agents are only in it for themselves. The dont give a flying (rude word inserted here) about the players. I am going to have to install FMRTE or else I am going to lose my best players - thats what I am being reduced to

Love that movie! YEAH

Up to this point, I haven't had much trouble with agents. I find that when you are managing a big club like Chelsea, the agents are going to ask for large contracts but I feel this is realistic so I haven't found any problems.

its a new system for the game, I think it needs to be developed and tweaked as new features often do but getting rid of it altogether would be a backwards step for the game and a departure from the reality that the game pushes for. you cant pretend agents dont exist.

and, as a game design student if SI decide they want to know more they can PM me :p

What we need is the ability to tell a player that their agent is a major obstacle to their staying at the club.

I have a good young striker. He's first team, but totally replaceable. He wants to have my babies, but his agent hates my guts. So of course, with his new contract I'm happy to give him up to a 50% payrise. The agent wants me to give him 50% more than my current top earner, 5 times what he currently earns. No way am I taking a 20k player up to 95k, when 65k is my current top earner.

The agent, of course, refuses my 40k offer outright. So, I offer the player around. I know he'll be gutted to leave. I'm his favourite person. Equally, i'll be sad to see him go. But, I can't afford to wait 18 months and lose him on a free when Inter will give me 25 mil for him tomorrow.

I've adapted my management style around this, i sign players on 5 year contracts, then if their agents wont renew under sensible terms they are sold before their contract finishes. I have a high turnover of players but this keeps my theory of no player is bigger than the club...

What we need is the ability to tell a player that their agent is a major obstacle to their staying at the club.

Thats a great idea - hopefully for FM12...dont see it happening in 11

I've adapted my management style around this, i sign players on 5 year contracts, then if their agents wont renew under sensible terms they are sold before their contract finishes. I have a high turnover of players but this keeps my theory of no player is bigger than the club...

I have started to do this...madness though

Agree that agents need to be hugely improved to make them worthwhile to the game. One recent example for me was trying to buy Pastore who was "very interested" in a move and his agent just said no to everything, he had I think patience of 2, is this how things work in reality? A big £25m deal and the agent just walks out after 2 contract offers? I offer Palermo the deal again and it's accepted and everytime the agent messes it up, and because of the breakdowns in negotiations his relationship with me is now "hatred" and the demands get bigger, does the player have no say in this? I don't think it realistic that he walks out after 2 offers and then has a burning hatred toward me.

Would be good if you could combine the two and take a slash in the agent's car.

I don't really mind the feature, it achieves what it was supposed to in making you take signings into consideration more with regards to big contracts. Sometimes it is plain stupid though, so definitely needs tweaking.

Archived