When someone takes realism too far! :)

A friend of mine who is not on the forums spent about 24 hours of his life managing Newcastle, did reasonably well (survived) and then quit when they contract Ashley offered him to continue managing was, in his view, unacceptable.

Personally, I ship the wages as low as I can to save money, but I think quitting an otherwise fun game is a bit crazy for this reason!

I have a save in which my aim was to make money. So i started on about 11k a week i think at Birmingham. I tried to sign short contracts enabling me to jump clubs easier. I did well in my first season, and was offered a pay rise anyway but i managed to negotiate an extra few K from them and ended up on about 19K. After 2 and a half seasons, with 8months to run i jumped ship to Everton after i negotiated a contract of 27K, after 3 years at Everton and a Euro cup win. I got the juventus job at 44K. After 2 seasons I negotiated a further 2 year deal on 62K a week. the final move of my career after around 9 years saw me at Man U on a 79K a week deal. Im still on that deal at United now. I actually enjoyed playing the game like this, although i never went unemployed because then they offer lower wages.

However on other saves focussing on a club not the manager i take what they give me, to save finances.

That's an interesting way of playing the game. You hit the nail on the head with the line "although i never went unemployed because then they offer lower wages". Just madness!

i wouldnt quit a game, it would just cause my interest in other jobs, but i do always try and get the best deal for myself....i need the same agaent as Steven Gerrard or Daniel Sturridge :cool: he drives a hard bargain . . . . . . so both players will be free agents if he's not careful! :mad:

Archived