English Regens?

Does anyone else find that their english regens end up with stats non specific to their positions? I.e. theres hardly any new central defenders who have at least 9+ for tackling, heading and marking. The same with strikers, very rarely get any with above 10 for finishing. Is there something I can adjust in the editor to solve this problem?

I've already upped the youth stats for the prem clubs to improve regens, which has improved the overall quality, apart from the specific stats they need!

I have an abundance of English regen strikers who have high key attributes to be a good all round striker: finishing, composure, first touch, pace, strength, determination etc.

I also have two young English defensive players (they're only accomplished at CB, but I'm working on it) who look very promising.

I have been looking for a decent English CB newgen in 2016-17 season with Sunderland there are over 100 English players with over 12 for tackling, heading and marking but I would guess only 10 or so that I have scouted will turn into decent players. I think English players are good enough even when all the real players are gone the national team still wins trophies.

I've found the English regens in general are fairly crap compared to other nations.

It's funny I just wrote this and I've just finished a season (6 years in) this morning and my normal trawl through the youth teams has uncovered a glut of quality looking English players.

It's funny I just wrote this and I've just finished a season (6 years in) this morning and my normal trawl through the youth teams has uncovered a glut of quality looking English players.

A positive "forum curse" then? Will have to test that... All players from my youth academy are so crap (not true)! Will get back to you after the next intake. ;)

Archived