Really bored, what should I do

Hi,

So I'm playing a "career" save. This is my only save so far in the game. I started as unemployed and as a reputation as sunday league footballer. I'm currently on November 2028 and managing FC Utrecht in Holland and managing my home country Finland.

I've had a good career so far, starting out in the finnish second division, having had short spells in Russia and South Africa I Moved to Barnsley. I got them promoted to championship and moved to West Ham, which were playing in Championship at that time. Took them up to 8th in the premier and got offered a job in Inter Milan.

So I took the job, won 3 italian cups, 2 Serie A:s, but I was dissappointed that I was somehow unable to lead Inter to CL glory. Allthough I'm, in my opinion, a good cup manager. So I left Inter after we missed our third consecutive Serie A title.

Then I tried at portugal, It did not work out and now I'm in Holland. As I said. So, a good career so far.

I got Utrecht promoted back to Eredivisien and won the ducth cup during the first year in Eredivisien (beating Vitesse RESERVES in the final). But now, I'm a bit stuck.

I'm bored at Utrecht, everything is going ok, I have a good squad, a solid tactic an everything is "ok". But I think that is the problem. I cant see a progress being made at holland with this tactic and thes players.

I've been using pretty much the same tactics my whole career: 4-5-1/4-3-3, Ball control. And then 4-1-4-1 counter on away. I've only done some few minor tweaks depending on the players I have (like little more creativity, player roles etc)

SO, I think I'll have few ideas, and I'd like to hear what others think:

1) "build something"

- Basicly, taking up a little team in Italy, England, Spain or France and trying to take it up the divisions

- I can easily get a job from a minor club, my reputation is World Class

--> this is definately something that I want to try in somepoint, to see where my world class reputation can take me. But not really sure if the time is right

2) "go back to Italy"

- I get constantly linked with clubs like Juventus, Palermo, Fiorentina (obvious because what I achieved with Inter)

3) "chage your style"

- So creating a new tactics and making it work.

- I would have time to do so in Utrecht, because I have no pressure, and we are makin profit like 250-500k a month

4) "try something exotic"

- I've tons of leagues selelcted, so I could take a job in Australia, USA, South Africa for example

So anyone have any ideas?

Personally, I think there's a Champions League trophy missing from your cabinet. ;)

I agree, your aim should be to get your hands on a champions league trophy even if you have to move clubs to get it.

Yep, I know, still no European trophy. Best chance was with Inter, but lost 1-0 on aggregate against bayern.

Now, after getting a sack from utrecht (I applied to Valencia, Villareal, Arsenal and Dortmund) I have 4 offers on the table:

- Newell's (argentina)

- Botafogo (Brazil)

- Lokomotiv Moscow (russia)

- HSV (Germany, second division)

So, I decided to go to Moscow, Interesting team, big stadium and lots of money to use. And still a chance to win the Europa League title this season :)

And for Deadpanda: I do have a country selected from every continent, well not actually in asia, but I can partisipate to Asian Champions League wit Australian clubs. And to win everyone of thos, of course, is my ultimate goal in the game :D

Archived