Stadium names

Appologies in advance if there is already a thread about this. I did a search but couldnt find one, so if I missed it I am really sorry.

I got a save going in Belgium in 2032 and a lot of teams have had new stadiums built, including me. What bothers me is that all of the new stadiums have the clubs name. It gets boring when all clubs are located at 'Genk Stadium', 'Club Brugge Stadium', 'Huy Stadium', 'Mons Stadium', 'KV Mechelen Stadium'. You get the point. In earlier editions of the game it was much more common to have the stadiums named after legends of the clubs. Although that many stadiums named after former players might not have been very realistic atleast it brought some variety and randomness to the game. The current situation is not that realistic anyway, so I for one would choose the variety over what we have now. The ideal thing would ofcourse be a mix of club, former players and even sponsors to name the stadiums, but obviously licenses would be a issue with sponsors.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas to improve how naming of the stadiums work?

I know nothing about programming or anything like that but I would suggest letting us name the stadiums. I know it's in no way the job of a Manager but it would allow us to give more realistic name to stadiums. I love having liverpools stadium named after me, but it's just silly really. I still just call it New Anfield in my head...

I had read a post where it was suggested to use the name of the place/locality/boroughs where the club was located (maybe in fm10 bugs section iirc). Seemed to be a good idea if it could be incorporated into the system.

I had read a post where it was suggested to use the name of the place/locality/boroughs where the club was located (maybe in fm10 bugs section iirc). Seemed to be a good idea if it could be incorporated into the system.

Teams move though.

Arsenal played at Highbury, now they play at Ashburton Grove.

SI would need to add every north London borough (with the exception of predominantly Spurs areas).

i have suggested this before but i think the manager should be given a little bit of freedom when naming the new stadium for their own club. there should be 2 dropdown lists and you pick 1 option on each.

so if your man utd for example

list 1, giggs, charlton, busby, ferguson, etc

list 2, park, arena, road, etc

i think it should be possible to add potential stadium names for each club in the editor, either the researchers could do this or even just gamers, if there are none present the game could use the old system of naming

i have suggested this before but i think the manager should be given a little bit of freedom when naming the new stadium for their own club. there should be 2 dropdown lists and you pick 1 option on each.

so if your man utd for example

list 1, giggs, charlton, busby, ferguson, etc

list 2, park, arena, road, etc

I really don't think a manager would get much of a say in naming a new stadium.

Would be too hard to put in.

Sponsorship - NO Rights so made up firms

I think this would be the only time i have considered using FMTRE. Much as its nice that the club love me. Moving from Anfield to The ***** Stadium just isn't right

Would be nice if they could give names of new stadiums outside of English speaking countries get given names in their native language similar to the ways regens names are done (like you don't get a Spanish bloke called Alan Smith). Would be better instead of my new stadium being called "Alicante Stadium" if it was called "Nuevo estadio de Alicante" or something like that, I'm not a Spanish speaker.

Archived