25th December.

Most teams have players in for a couple of hours in real life on Christmas day, all SSN was last year on Christmas day was showing goals, saves etc and pictures of players messing about in training that day in the snow.

I don't think there are that many teams in RL that give the players Xmas day off, they might get a half day but that's just a normal day to a footballer.

yes they do get the day off buddy, well they do in the SPL as my cousin plays there.

i noticed (at least on fm10) that all the match build up crap i.e. the odds etc comes to your inbox on xmas eve for the boxing day fixture as opposed to the day before as per usual, so at least some one in game gets the day off :)

slightly off topic but i love the news articles when you play on your birthday about whether the result did/did not ruin it lol, i skim read those reports so much i think it took me about 5 seasons to notice, my birthdays boxing day which is what made me think of it.

i noticed (at least on fm10) that all the match build up crap i.e. the odds etc comes to your inbox on xmas eve for the boxing day fixture as opposed to the day before as per usual, so at least some one in game gets the day off :)

slightly off topic but i love the news articles when you play on your birthday about whether the result did/did not ruin it lol, i skim read those reports so much i think it took me about 5 seasons to notice, my birthdays boxing day which is what made me think of it.

in FM11 you get it Xmas Eve and Xmas Day, even in Indonesia which is a Muslim country and has a match schedule on Xmas day (but I'm guessing it'll be fixed in 11.3 ;) )

yes they do get the day off buddy, well they do in the SPL as my cousin plays there.

No they don't. Who's your cousin?

Yes, as I don't usually play in a league with Boxing Day match. Saying that I also give periodic days off during the year - well I used to. I also did give all international weeks off.

People who do this are far too much into the game.

This, although it's their game to do with as they please.

Now, if SI ever decide to code that the players get grouchy if you don't let them have Christmas Day off, I might have to reconsider...

(note to SI, this is definitely NOT a request for an FM12 feature!)

This, although it's their game to do with as they please.

Now, if SI ever decide to code that the players get grouchy if you don't let them have Christmas Day off, I might have to reconsider...

(note to SI, this is definitely NOT a request for an FM12 feature!)

player - "I want Xmas Day off"

me - even the Pope doesn't get Xmas day off

player - "if you don't give me Xmas Day off I'll request a transfer"

me - don't let the door hit you on the way out

sorted :thup:

No they don't. Who's your cousin?

Yes, as I don't usually play in a league with Boxing Day match. Saying that I also give periodic days off during the year - well I used to. I also did give all international weeks off.

I am pretty sure Craig Brown -you should know as Motherwell researcher ;)- gives his players the day off. I know for sure some clubs do it but also that Owen Coyle used to but doesnt anymore.

Archived