Training players in FMPSP?

• SI Staff

Training works as follows:

There are a number of areas which you can allocate a training intensity to within a schedule.

The available areas are:

* Fitness

* Tactics

* Attacking

* Goalkeeping

* Defensive

* Motivational

All of these apart from 'motivational' affect a players attributes. Motivational is basically a way of affecting players morale by bringing in motivational speakers etc. to talk to the team if they're in a slump and need some pepping up.

Obviously as per usual players will find attributes rising if they're training well, but risk unhappiness and increased chance of injuries if they're being over-trained too much ...

Thanks for the info Mr.V. It seems like the training is quite limited unless I'm miss reading. I would have thought there'd still be things like shooting, tackling and set pieces?

On another note can we compare players?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Medion:

Thanks for the info Mr.V. It seems like the training is quite limited unless I'm miss reading. I would have thought there'd still be things like shooting, tackling and set pieces? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its considerably simplified over the FM implementation simply because the PSP game isn't meant to be one where you spent half an hour poring over a training regime trying to setup specific aspects.

You can still train specific areas though to clarify further the various categories break to to the following aspects of a player:

Fitness - Pace, Stamina, Strength

Tactics - Techqniue, Decisions, Teamwork, Work Rate, Set Pieces

Attacking - Crossing, Passing, Dribbling, Shooting, Flair, Movement

Goalkeeper - Handling, Agility, Aerial, Reflexes

Defensive - Heading, Tackling, Positioning, Teamwork

So you can train players in specific areas - just at a higher level than on FM PC (as mentioned before its more equivalent to the training on our third series of games).

If the feedback we recieve from players of this version indicate they want things broken down further than this in subsequent version then we'll obviously consider it - however playtesters seem to have found the training simple and effective to use/understand the effects of which is what we were aiming for.

You're right of course. You can spend hours working on the training and the tactics. With regards to the tactics especially in earlier versions where you can move players around dependant upon attack or defence phases and where the ball was on the pitch!

I'm really looking forward to this especially considering what has been said about loading times and the quick burst of play ethic that's been applied to it!

• 1 month later...

Will we have the option to create and allocate players to custom schedules or are you limited to a stock customizable assortment?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bbuullddoogg:

Regarding tactics will it be super-hard like the PC version? Because I would be lost if I wasn;t able to download some tactics that work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They have reverted to an older version of training and that means it much easier to decide what to work on icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phio:

Will we have the option to create and allocate players to custom schedules or are you limited to a stock customizable assortment? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its very similar to our third series - there are a few different schedule 'slots' available for you to setup ... but there's a limit to the number of them kicking around (ie. you can't have 254 different schedules).

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bbuullddoogg:

Regarding tactics will it be super-hard like the PC version? Because I would be lost if I wasn;t able to download some tactics that work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its realistic - but most people should find the 'learning curve' a little easier than on the PC version I'd expect ... but don't expect to win the Premiership with Birmingham in your first season icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walrus:

Can you re-train positions as in 2006? This is an area whihc has been the biggest improvement IMO in the PC version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived