+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: People who work for Si

Semi Pro
    What's The Matter Lagerboy ? Afraid You Might Taste Something ?

Just found Neil Brock on my game. He's a scout at Crawley Town and with scouting attributes of 6 for both potential and actual, my guess is he's not very good....

Sorry, Neil. ;)

Amateur

Added myself and a couple of my friends to the game but haven't seen any of those newgens. Loaded new game 4 times but there is always only one russian regen Pavel Sirotkin.

There is how my file looks like (named it newgens.edt and put it into /data/db/1100/edt):
    Code:
    "DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Ivan" "" "Scherbina" "26/03/1979" "Russia" "Valencia" "0" "5" "3" "188" "80" "3" "" "26" "Taganrog"
    "DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Ilja" "" "Scherbina" "18/04/1986" "Russia" "Lokomotiv Moscow" "0" "5" "2" "187" "76" "2" "" "" "Taganrog"
    "DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Alexandr" "" "Popov" "18/06/1982" "Russia" "Barcelona" "0" "4" "3" "182" "76" "1" "" "" "Taganrog"
    "DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Oleg" "" "Chesnokov" "12/02/1983" "Russia" "Kuban" "1" "6" "5" "174" "72" "4" "" "" "Kransodar"
    "DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Nikolay" "" "Scherbina" "14/04/1956" "Russia" "R. Madrid" "0" "4" "6" "184" "78" "3" "" "" "Taganrog"
    Last one if my father actually but added him too since year of birth doesn't really matter.

What am I doing wrong?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Seo View Post
    Added myself and a couple of my friends to the game but haven't seen any of those newgens. Loaded new game 4 times but there is always only one russian regen Pavel Sirotkin.

There is how my file looks like (named it newgens.edt and put it into /data/db/1100/edt):
    Code:
    "DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Ivan" "" "Scherbina" "26/03/1979" "Russia" "Valencia" "0" "5" "3" "188" "80" "3" "" "26" "Taganrog"
    "DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Ilja" "" "Scherbina" "18/04/1986" "Russia" "Lokomotiv Moscow" "0" "5" "2" "187" "76" "2" "" "" "Taganrog"
    "DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Alexandr" "" "Popov" "18/06/1982" "Russia" "Barcelona" "0" "4" "3" "182" "76" "1" "" "" "Taganrog"
    "DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Oleg" "" "Chesnokov" "12/02/1983" "Russia" "Kuban" "1" "6" "5" "174" "72" "4" "" "" "Kransodar"
    "DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Nikolay" "" "Scherbina" "14/04/1956" "Russia" "R. Madrid" "0" "4" "6" "184" "78" "3" "" "" "Taganrog"
    Last one if my father actually but added him too since year of birth doesn't really matter.

What am I doing wrong?
    Yeah it be nice to see how a file should actually look as im not 100% sure if mines right either i know my name and d.o.b is all ok but its the rest

The future regens are loaded up into the game from the config file but they are not necessarily used with the very first newgens that are created in the game. So you might have to wait for the first full intake of newgens after the first season before seeing more of the "future_regen" players.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Riz Remes View Post
    The future regens are loaded up into the game from the config file but they are not necessarily used with the very first newgens that are created in the game. So you might have to wait for the first full intake of newgens after the first season before seeing more of the "future_regen" players.
    How should it look though Riz like seo example above or like mine were seo as put just numbers for like height and weight etc well ive actually put like "weight 82kg"

Sports Interactive

PSN: TerScotland79

To test it just create multiple entries of the same thing then there should be a few of them at the start of the game at least. I did that with a rather rude name repeated thousands of times and ran the game for a number of years and the Scotland squad was half full of those players.

Sports Interactive

This is what the entry for me is in the config file we used for the game which seems to work apart from the footed part which you should probably replace with the numbers Riz listed before

Code:
    "DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Craig" "" "Hunter" "09-04-1989" "Scotland" "Rangers" "1" "5" "25" "191" "95" "Both" "ATTACKER_CENTRAL" "7" "5202271"

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ter View Post
    This is what the entry for me is in the config file we used for the game which seems to work apart from the footed part which you should probably replace with the numbers Riz listed before

Code:
    "DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Craig" "" "Hunter" "09-04-1989" "Scotland" "Rangers" "1" "5" "25" "191" "95" "Both" "ATTACKER_CENTRAL" "7" "5202271"
    Is that your unique ID Ter on end ? im taking i dont need to add 1

This is how mine looks now

"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Neil" "Joel" "Huntington" "07.11.1979" "England" "Leeds" "9" "2" "7" "177" "82" "0" "ATTACKER_CENTRAL" "10" "Goole"
    Last edited by wally13; 02-03-2011 at 15:55.

Amateur

I have never know this

Sports Interactive

No, it's the ID of the city of birth

Amateur

FM10 doesn't seem to have a "FUTURE_REGEN" config file. Are the future regens hard-coded in this game?

Third Team

Right ive got this working but for some reason im a scout not a player is that because i put my real date of birth ?

Sports Interactive

Quote Originally Posted by wally13 View Post
    Right ive got this working but for some reason im a scout not a player is that because i put my real date of birth ?
    Yeah, maybe change your year of birth. I wasn't really born in 1989 (I wish)

Sports Interactive

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Git View Post
    FM10 doesn't seem to have a "FUTURE_REGEN" config file. Are the future regens hard-coded in this game?
    There isn't a future regen file I don't think. We have one we use but I think it's magically added to one of the database files.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ter View Post
    Yeah, maybe change your year of birth. I wasn't really born in 1989 (I wish)
    Im now 16

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Git View Post
    I think they probably are. Either that or they are stored in a different place.

You can create a "FUTURE_REGEN" config file yourself, of course.

Edit - Didn't see Ter's response above. What he said.

First Team Squad Member

Yes, this seems to happen more with FM11 for some reason.

Third Team

Got this working fine now besides my hair which is shaved but ive got hair in the game despite using the currect field for no hair and for some reason my birth place wont show up propley again ive used the correct unique ID

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    Yes, this seems to happen more with FM11 for some reason.
    Ahh.. if you put in the correct birth year and it makes you old enough at the start of the game, then the data is likely to be used for a newgen non-player rather than a player.

So if you want to make sure your future regen appears as a player, put his birth year late enough for him to be around 16 years old at the start of the game.

Amateur

This is how mine looks now

"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Neil" "Joel" "Huntington" "07.11.1979" "England" "Leeds" "9" "2" "7" "177" "82" "0" "ATTACKER_CENTRAL" "10" "Goole"
    What do the numbers represent? I have only done this before with the basic name, age and favourite club. Are the numbers things such as potential ability etc?

First Team Squad Member

Look on page one where it is explained in detail.

Amateur

Got this working fine now besides my hair which is shaved but ive got hair in the game despite using the currect field for no hair and for some reason my birth place wont show up propley again ive used the correct unique ID
    Wally...

How did you get this to work? I have had a go but no joy. Can you send me your config if possible to edit?

Thanks in advance.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Miller2202 View Post
    Wally...

How did you get this to work? I have had a go but no joy. Can you send me your config if possible to edit?

Thanks in advance.
    There you go mate

"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Neil" "" "Huntington" "07.11.1993" "England" "Leeds" "0" "7" "1" "177" "82" "0" "ATTACKER_CENTRAL" "10" "8601486"

Remember your not forced to be in at start of game and put a diffrent date of birth if you want to be a player otherwise like i did 1st time i put my correct d.o.b and i was made a scout

Amateur

There you go mate

"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Neil" "" "Huntington" "07.11.1993" "England" "Leeds" "0" "7" "1" "177" "82" "0" "ATTACKER_CENTRAL" "10" "8601486"

Remember your not forced to be in at start of game and put a diffrent date of birth if you want to be a player otherwise like i did 1st time i put my correct d.o.b and i was made a scout
    Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

I did this in notepad, then changed the file to an .exe - is this correct? The file is named FUTURE_REGEN as well...

Amateur

I still dont understand what file to create and where to put it, i can make a notepad file with the line about future regen etc but do i save as config file? .edt file? and where do i put it in FM2011? Thanks

Third Team

Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

I did this in notepad, then changed the file to an .exe - is this correct? The file is named FUTURE_REGEN as well...
    No the file should be name DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN.edt

Amateur

No the file should be name DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN.edt
    Ahhh right, thanks for that mate.

Will add it and hopefully the regen will turn up!

Third Team

Ahhh right, thanks for that mate.

Will add it and hopefully the regen will turn up!
    Ive ran afew test and sometimes im in at start sometimes not i turned up at tranmere 1st time as a 16 year old striker

Amateur

Ive ran afew test and sometimes im in at start sometimes not i turned up at tranmere 1st time as a 16 year old striker
    Great stuff mate.. Think it's a good addition to be honest...

Shame you cant set at what club the regen starts off at though... Would really like to train one up from scratch! lol

Third Team

Great stuff mate.. Think it's a good addition to be honest...

Shame you cant set at what club the regen starts off at though... Would really like to train one up from scratch! lol
    Well considering if you turn up at start you could try sign yourself
    Like i say make sure you edit your D,O,B as if your too old like i am really you'll be a scout or something

Amateur

Wink

Well considering if you turn up at start you could try sign yourself
    Like i say make sure you edit your D,O,B as if your too old like i am really you'll be a scout or something
    Ha-ha I'm not that old to be fair, but just not young enough to be a Regen! ;)

Will try it out later and run a few tests!

Thanks for your help mate!

Amateur

New game only? Or can I use this with a current game?

Amateur

Can i have my name in the game too, pleeeaaaase!! :d

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by bwidell View Post
    New game only? Or can I use this with a current game?
    New game only.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    New game only.
    Thanks, that's what I thought.

Amateur

This is bloody brilliant.

Part-Timer

If I put the unique ID number for favorite club and nationality, will it still work?

nik1313

many times the regen is not a promising one

Amateur

Well I thought it was a fair price

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2