People who work for Si

Hey all

I have acquired a player called Vincenzo Rispoli, and back in FM 09 I acquired a player with the same name. Now, is anyone from SI this person, as last year I had a similar expierence with Neil Brock who does work for SI and was an all conquering beast of a striker. Anyone know if this is a coincidence or regen name templates or an actual SI worker.

regards

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He could be a researcher. I know that SI include researchers in the game.

Possibly... but he's always a regen. I don't think he is there right at the beginning.

edit: just searched faceinthegame and found that one of my players, an Irish regen called Bernard Brennan, is in the distinguished club too.

Possibly... but he's always a regen. I don't think he is there right at the beginning.

Yeah, not all SI employees come in to the game from the start and most of them are regens that appear gradually in the game. There is a thread in the GD somewhere. I will try to find it and see if anyone has found him in game.

Hmm... puzzled over Iranian Bardi Golriz. The Iranian league doesn't come with the game, so why would there be an Iranian employee of SI?

I think they are given random nationalities :thup:.

Edit: Bardi Golriz is an employee of SI. I have also found a few researchers in my game. Philip Rolfe seems to be the main SI employee in my games.

Stiemens is an SI employee, I don't know about Gondola but he sounds like a researcher or a translator.

I'm fairly sure Golriz is an SI employee, but not certain. Regardless, SI don;t care what nationality you are when they hire you, because that's illegal :D, and they research leagues that are not in the game. He could even potentially be the Arabic translator, if Arabic is in the game as a language.

Nationalities or at least second nationalities, as well as favourite clubs and clubs they are likely to come through at, are pre-defined. You'll notice Craig Hunter plays for Rangers quite a bit and is Scottish, Phillip Rolfe often shows up at Chelsea, I've seen Glenn Stiemens at Reading twice...

Stiemens is an SI employee, I don't know about Gondola but he sounds like a researcher or a translator.

I'm fairly sure Golriz is an SI employee, but not certain. Regardless, SI don;t care what nationality you are when they hire you, because that's illegal :D, and they research leagues that are not in the game. He could even potentially be the Arabic translator, if Arabic is in the game as a language.

He(Golriz) does work for SI, SCIAG. I edited my post.

I'm fairly sure Golriz is an SI employee, but not certain. Regardless, SI don;t care what nationality you are when they hire you, because that's illegal :D, and they research leagues that are not in the game. He could even potentially be the Arabic translator, if Arabic is in the game as a language..

They don't speak Arabic in Iran - they speak Persian...

By the same token, they don't speak Welsh in Wales. Arabic is spoken, and moreover read, in Iran, it just isn't the main language.

Wouldn't it then make much more sense to hire an Arabic translator from an Arab country? There are plenty to choose from - everywhere between Mauritania and Iraq except for Israel has a 50% plus knowledge of Arabic...

Wouldn't it then make much more sense to hire an Arabic translator from an Arab country? There are plenty to choose from - everywhere between Mauritania and Iraq except for Israel has a 50% plus knowledge of Arabic...

It might be less likely to find an Iranian who knows enough Arabic to translate from English to it, but it is still perfectly possible. Given that we were only talking about a hypothetical situation, I don't see why you're making that point...

Just about to roll over into the year 2020 in my game in Portugal, and thought I'd share my faceinthegame with you all:

v7Q5i.png

Quite pleased to see Marc Duffy in there, although I'm not sure any of the others are particularly prominent employees at SI

this came as a huge surprise to me as svein kvernoey became the son i never had as we conquered europe together at inter milan not knowing all the long that i could just find him in the credits section

Svein Kvernoey was a black striker I had in FM09, his goals got my Swindon team into the premier league and, eventually, to the PL title. He was also my captain... let him go to Leeds after about 5 or 6 seasons as he was no longer good enough for the team I built around him where he also became their captain.

Looked this year and he's a blonde haired white guy who plays left wing (or he was on the save I looked for him) - also didn't know he was a SI staffer.. he likes Leeds, I don't like him :p

• Administrators
What? Neil sucks at football :D

I am a beast of a striker I'll have you know! 11 goals in my last four five-a-side matches for my Thursday team! How ruddy rude! :p

Oh for what it's worth, all player skills are completely random for SI employees, it's just like any other 'generated' name in the database, only difference is ours has date of birth (day/month) and favourite team.

• Administrators
Just about to roll over into the year 2020 in my game in Portugal, and thought I'd share my faceinthegame with you all:

v7Q5i.png

Quite pleased to see Marc Duffy in there, although I'm not sure any of the others are particularly prominent employees at SI

I should ban you for saying that, that's slanderous to a number of very prominent SI employees, especially Johan!

Svein Kvernoey was a black striker I had in FM09, his goals got my Swindon team into the premier league and, eventually, to the PL title. He was also my captain... let him go to Leeds after about 5 or 6 seasons as he was no longer good enough for the team I built around him where he also became their captain.

Looked this year and he's a blonde haired white guy who plays left wing (or he was on the save I looked for him) - also didn't know he was a SI staffer.. he likes Leeds, I don't like him :p

he was a brunette white striker for me, so then positions are always different? wonder what he's like in my current game...

EDIT: he's a right-back, looks the same but terribly awful

Is there an option to turn of this "faceinthegame" regen stuff ?

No, there isn't. At least not with standard settings - there's probably some file in the db folders you could edit to get rid of it.

Not sure why you would want to though, as it doesn't take anything away from the game.

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen Miles come through in game, or is he not included as a faceinthegame?

v7Q5i.png

Paulo is PMLF (the Brazil HR), Stu Coleman posts on here quite a bit, and John Schofield had an amusing scout report in 09.

• SI Staff

Just to note that these newgens are just regular newgens created in the game but instead of getting a random name, they are given a name chosen from a pool of names set in the config files with the "FUTURE_REGEN" option. It was expanded lately (for FM10 or FM11, can't recall 100% right now) so you could also define some other basic data for these newgens other than just the name and favourite team. It's a nice easter egg type of thing and doesn't affect the game itself as these are treated just the same as any other newgens (apart from a few selected SI names giving a specific scouting report as some have noted above).

Archived