Customizing the match engine.

Hey everyone. I'm sure most of you were very angry when your top striker wasted few CCCs in a match or your opponent scored three beautiful goals from 30 yards out, weren't you? Here my idea comes in. We should be able to customize e.g. number of CCCs or their efficency. I would add a completely new option which would let us set it as we like to. You want more goals in your league? Change it! You want less goals from distance? A few clicks and you have it! Every FM player would be able to set his own match engine and every game would be different. What do you think?

Yeah... The game engine isn't a simple .xml or .ini file you can just dabble around in and change a few variables, it's a very complex system of a ton of files in a language you probably couldn't understand a drip of.

That and as people said, everyone would just adjust sliders as they pleased, not much point then is it.

Quite sure that this is not possible as the ME ist just way too complex.

On top of that the ME is the bit of the game which should mirror rl football as realistically as possible. We should not turn this into a fantasy game.

I'd be open for other means of customisation of many things around the game, but the ME is the one thing I cannot imagine to be touched.

Archived