My favourite part of the game was the "best eleven feature". At least it was until I realised that 5 of the 5 pieces of info given are innacurate.

There are 5 bits of information contained in the "overall best eleven" screen.

1. The player names on the left hand side.

In my current game it's June 2013 and the supportes have added an ageing centr-half to the list. Fine, he may be old and carp I hear you say, but it's the fans choice and they decide who is and isn't good enough to be in the best eleven. Well that's fine, except the player concerned didn't make a single appearance last season and only made 3 substitute appearances the season before. If we wasn't good enough to be inducted into the overall best eleven at the end of last season, how is he hood enough now seeing as he hasn't played a single game since icon_confused.gif?

2. The positions that these players can play in, (listed to the right of their name.

The position for players who play in multiple areas of the pitch are listed incorrectly. If the player is able to play AMR, ML & FC then elsewhere in the game, he is listed as AMRL,ST. Not on this page. Now he is given the following positions. AMRLC,FC. Which one is it icon_confused.gif?

3. The overall club appearances made by each player just to the right of their position.

Now this can't be too hard can it. You just add up the number of times the player hasd played for the club and you stick it in here. The information is already held in the players history page so the information is there already. Wrong.

GK McIlMurray. 173 appearances made.

best eleven says that he has played 172.

DL McMillen. 141 appearances made.

best eleven says that he has played 136.

DR Ciaran. 124 appearances made.

best eleven says that he has played 112.

DC Whiteside. 82 appearances made.

best eleven says that he has played 70.

DC Doherty. 143 appearances made.

best eleven says that he has played 104.

I could continue to go through every player currently in the best eleven. Every single one has the wrong appearance information.

4. The overall club goals scored by each player just to the right of their appearance record.

Now this is the same as the appearances but it's even easier isn't it because there isn't as much informationn to store. The information is there on the player history screen Wrong.

GK McIlmurray. Goals scored 43.

best eleven says that he has scored 43.

DL McMillen. Goals scored 5.

best eleven says that he has scored 4.

DR Ciaran. Goals scored 4.

best eleven says that he has scored 3.

DC Whiteside. Goals scored 6.

DC Doherty. Goals scored 3.

best eleven says that he has scored 0.

I could go on. The GK information is the only one that is correct.

Now before you say it, it's not because either they or I have or haven;t included cup competitions or substitute appearances or anything else. The information is just plain wrong.

5. The graphical representation of your starting line-up, shown as a "tactic screen" on the right hand side of the page.

Now we've got to be on a winner here haven't we. What can possibly go wrong with this bit. You get a list of all the players that have played in each position and then the computer works out which the fans wany to have as it's favourite based on whatever it wants really. It can't go wrong can it? Yes it can.

Doherty, *who you see used as an exemple in points 3 and 4), well he's been selected at centre-back by the fans. seems ok, we already know that he's played, (unlike the old centre-back who has been recently added to the squad), and he's even scored 3 goals, (or 0 goals depending on where you look), so it's all good isn't it. No. The problm is that the player is actually a DR who can also play DM. I am attemting to retrain him to play MC, (but being the prima dona he is, he is unhappy about it). My point is that not only is DC not listed as one of his positions, he has NEVER featured there for me. Never!

So to clarify....

Just about every piece of information that is shown on my "overall best eleven" screen is a complete fabrication and bears little or no resemblance to events that actuallt occurred in my game.

This was my favourite part of the game until I stumbled upon this. I'm really not a happy Statto icon_frown.gif.

There are 5 bits of information contained in the "overall best eleven" screen.

1. The player names on the left hand side.

In my current game it's June 2013 and the supportes have added an ageing centr-half to the list. Fine, he may be old and carp I hear you say, but it's the fans choice and they decide who is and isn't good enough to be in the best eleven. Well that's fine, except the player concerned didn't make a single appearance last season and only made 3 substitute appearances the season before. If we wasn't good enough to be inducted into the overall best eleven at the end of last season, how is he hood enough now seeing as he hasn't played a single game since icon_confused.gif?

2. The positions that these players can play in, (listed to the right of their name.

The position for players who play in multiple areas of the pitch are listed incorrectly. If the player is able to play AMR, ML & FC then elsewhere in the game, he is listed as AMRL,ST. Not on this page. Now he is given the following positions. AMRLC,FC. Which one is it icon_confused.gif?

3. The overall club appearances made by each player just to the right of their position.

Now this can't be too hard can it. You just add up the number of times the player hasd played for the club and you stick it in here. The information is already held in the players history page so the information is there already. Wrong.

I could continue to go through every player currently in the best eleven. Every single one has the wrong appearance information.

4. The overall club goals scored by each player just to the right of their appearance record.

Now this is the same as the appearances but it's even easier isn't it because there isn't as much informationn to store. The information is there on the player history screen Wrong.

Now before you say it, it's not because either they or I have or haven;t included cup competitions or substitute appearances or anything else. The information is just plain wrong.

5. The graphical representation of your starting line-up, shown as a "tactic screen" on the right hand side of the page.

Now we've got to be on a winner here haven't we. What can possibly go wrong with this bit. You get a list of all the players that have played in each position and then the computer works out which the fans wany to have as it's favourite based on whatever it wants really. It can't go wrong can it? Yes it can.

Doherty, *who you see used as an exemple in points 3 and 4), well he's been selected at centre-back by the fans. seems ok, we already know that he's played, (unlike the old centre-back who has been recently added to the squad), and he's even scored 3 goals, (or 0 goals depending on where you look), so it's all good isn't it. No. The problm is that the player is actually a DR who can also play DM. I am attemting to retrain him to play MC, (but being the prima dona he is, he is unhappy about it). My point is that not only is DC not listed as one of his positions, he has NEVER featured there for me. Never!

So to clarify....

Just about every piece of information that is shown on my "overall best eleven" screen is a complete fabrication and bears little or no resemblance to events that actuallt occurred in my game.

This was my favourite part of the game until I stumbled upon this. I'm really not a happy Statto icon_frown.gif.

I have never noticed this. I am coming to the end of my current season, so I will check and see if mine is the same.

I, like you Jimbo, really liked this feature thinking it was a nice touch and could really add something to the game, but if this is the case, just seems to be pointless if its not incorperated properly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ismstockport:

Your Goalkeeper scored 43 in 173 games??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Penalties and free-kicks and 1 from open play.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McDoul:

Screenies and SaveGame in the bugs forum then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've posted the details and offered to upload either pics or save-games.

To be honest though, I haven't had any response to the last few bugs I posted and the offers of games to be uploaded have passed without comment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McDoul:

Not much time for SI to fix it either hence my desire to see it slapped boldly down in the bugs forum.

Quite liked this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't joking. I flippin loved this feature.

I posted in the bugs forum last night before I posted this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robin_trott_hoof:

Also, if you only use one keeper all season, your sub keeper isn't named. That makes sense.

But it tends to pick a random youngster with one sub appearance in his place rather than the back-up player who has started 5 games and came on another 10 times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My sub keeper is named.

He played 6 or 7 games about 4 seasons ago and is still in there and I guess he always will be until McIlmurray gets injured or suspended and I have to play someone else.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">3. The overall club appearances made by each player just to the right of their position.

Now before you say it, it's not because either they or I have or haven;t included cup competitions or substitute appearances or anything else. The information is just plain wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's probably because the appearences and goals are only counted up to the time the player enters the 11. If a player entered it after playing 34 games, it wouldn't be updated from that point.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's probably because the appearences and goals are only counted up to the time the player enters the 11. If a player entered it after playing 34 games, it wouldn't be updated from that point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're not right, sorry.

It gets updated every season.

1) I've definitely had this. I've had complete numptys inducted into my B11, years and years after they stopped playing.

3 and 4) Yep. You also get this with Caps. FM just can't do basic math. I've had lots of players become the most capped player for England, yet they've appeared between 2 and 7 times less than it claims. But it definitely happens in the B11.

5) Yep got this too. Had all sorts of players moved into positions they just don't play in.

VB

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

To be honest, you're quite unique in the way you seem to play. Most people wouldn't spend more than a couple of minutes looking at this screen never mind noticing something as big as this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The main reason I noticed it was because it said that my DR/DM hadn't scored and I remembered his goal for the club because it took him 4 years to score it.

When I checked his and it was wrong I went and checked the others.

I am a bit of a statto when it comes to stiff like this though.

I can't check my best 11 because my game doesn't have that feature (du to being old)

It does look like 3 & 4 are connected, and there's a certain set of performances that are being missed out.

It recognises almost all of McIlMurray's appearances, and all of his goals.

It misses off the largest numbers of Docherty's appearances and also the largest number of goals (both in real terms and percentage wise)

It is maybe worth investigating if it is matches missing for the whole team, or random performances being missed out.

Could you check to see if Docherty's 3 goals were in a match that McIlmurray was also playing in.

If he has scored goals in 2 or more matches with McIlmurray then it is definately not certain matches not being counted that is the problem,

However if all his goals were scored while McIlMurray wasn't playing, then it is much more likely that some particular matches aren't being counted. If you spot any links between the matches the 3 goals were scored it, this may also help identify this.

I've tried and tried and tried and tried to work it out but nothing makes sense.

1. McIlmurray started and finished every game last season (43).

2. Doherty scored 3 goals last season, (1 league & 2 cup).

3. Dohert's 2 cup goals came in different matches.

4. We won the league so it's not playoff games that are causing this.

Ther is just no making sense of it.

Did Doherty play for the full 90mins for the games he scored in?

I would expect your keeper to play in all of every match which would explain why his stats are almost accurate.

If you can be bothered to post up the rest of the list, then i'll see if anything else comes to mind.

Just an idea for the positions thing, I've had a look at mine and one of my players had an extra position which did not appear on his profile. I remember him playing in this position for me a few times during an injury crisis, could that be what is causing it?

Well Doherty never played DC at any point during the season.

If you mean the way that the positions are listed, I don't think so.

It's as if the game decides that the player can play in midfield and on the right hand side because he can play MR, and the came decides he can play in the centre and up front because he can play ST. As it seems to have clarified already that he can play in midfield, (MR) and he can play centrally, (ST), then he can play in the MC position because he can play both centrally and in midfield. That's what it looks like to me anyway because it has done the same thing for a player who can play DR/DM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ismstockport:

Your Goalkeeper scored 43 in 173 games??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Penalties and free-kicks and 1 from open play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's an amazing conversion rate of free kicks and penalties.

i have stevie g taking all attacking freekicks to the left of the area and penalties.

pander takes the free kicks on the right of the area.

they dont get anywhere near scoring a gaol every 4 games between them from dead ball situations.

SamCCFC. Club history and then best eleven is the 2nd option from the bottom. That will give you the most recent reasons best eleven, then you use the filter in the top right corner to select overall best eleven.

postal. I'm playing in N.Ireland where the standard is shocking. He hasn't had good stats for pen taking or free-kicks. I think that in FM08 some of the hidden stats are of FAR more importance than such stuff as penalties and composure.

Any answer for:

Did Doherty play for the full 90mins for the games he scored in?

Sorry to pester, but I think this may be it. It explains why your goalie is missing the least data, and Doherty's missing the most (as you're playing him as DM/MC).

I had one of these, after my third season in the Premiership three random players appeared in the overall best 11 that I'd sold on previously.

I think I worked out why though - players who were previously on the list who I'd been playing regularly have had their average rating dropped due to the higher standard of competition. Someone who got 7.5 in the Championship, then moved to a bigger club then goes back on for someone who got 7.6 in the Championship, then 6.7 in the Prem to bring their average down, meaning an older player holds the better average.

You're playing in Northern/or Ireland, are you not? So would the all-Ireland cup maybe be playing havoc with the appearances then? The FAW Cup for me is making adding up overall appearances awkward.

Doherty goal 1. League game. He came on as a sub in the 64th minute.

Doherty goal 3. Cup game. He came on as a sub in the 72nd minute.

Doherty goal 3. Cup game. He came on as a sub in the 72nd minute.

So does that mean that any data for a substitute appearance is not included icon_confused.gif?

The goals you score don't count if you score them after coming on as a sub.

It looks like you might be right icon14.gif.

It's happened in one long term save game (Carshalton), but i assumed it was my adding errors, icon_rolleyes.gif , so just ignored it. In my current game (5 years in), there seems to be no problem, however i will keep a close eye on it and keep you updated.

When i had an error with stats, i uploaded my game, and an SI bod told me it was an "internal miscalculation" to do with the save game, and nothing wrong with FM.

My problem there was every game, the Pre-Match milestones always had 1 forward as being "2 goals aways from... a) being the club's all time leading goal scorer (he was around 130 goals away from doing this) and b) reaching 75 career league goals (he had about 37/38 IIRC.

So perhaps jimbo, the coding in the games gets messed up at some point, and ruins some stats in this way.

dudester. The testing team are looking at it now.

Steve. After you have completed your first season, go to club history, go to the bottom option, click on that, and then change the annual filter in the top right hand corner to "overall".

You must have completed at least 2 season though.

Well, the players being in the wrong position always seems to happen in the "team of the week" (back in '07 I had a regen striker who could also play DC. He was the leagues top scorer for a couple of seasons and made the TotW pretty much every time. As a center half.) so I'm not suprised it's happening on best 11.

Phrox. Yeah, but in the example that you've given, the St could actually also play as a DC. What we are talking about here is that a player is selected in a position that he is unable to play in.

DR/DM selected at DC.

MR/SC selected at MC.

Do you see the difference?

• SI Staff

This has happend because you have sold the players in question before the Best 11 is calculated.

The games is checking the current squad and updating the Best 11 with their stats. As the players in question have left the club their stats aren't used.

The code will have to be improved to check these players seasonal stats.

Si BHA. That's a VERY strange thing for you to say.

Doherty doesn't sign for anyone.

He's still at the club today on 3rd March 2014.

I think the Chairman must have accepted a bid for him between the save I sent you and the date at which you ran it forward to to produce the best eleven.

As for this also being the case with the other players I have mentioned, only Whiteside has been sold so how can this affect anyone else icon_confused.gif?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Si BHA. That's a VERY strange thing for you to say.

Doherty doesn't sign for anyone.

He's still at the club today on 3rd March 2014.

I think the Chairman must have accepted a bid for him between the save I sent you and the date at which you ran it forward to to produce the best eleven.

As for this also being the case with the other players I have mentioned, only Whiteside has been sold so how can this affect anyone else icon_confused.gif? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I holiday'd your game to the date the Best 11 is generated and a large number of players had been sold.

Doherty's stats in the Overall Best Eleven are correct as of the 2012 Best Eleven. So it seemed likely that this was the cause. I'll take another look at this (and prevent him leaving).

I am receiving about 5-6 bids per day for players. If you holiday rather than respond with a ridiculous price, then they will make a bid and the Chairman will accept the bid as we are o/d.

I have to manually respond to each enquiry or bid that is made, otherwise they will all be sold, (but that's a whole different matter in a whole different thread).

In my current game it's June 2013 and the supportes have added an ageing centr-half to the list. Fine, he may be old and carp I hear you say, but it's the fans choice and they decide who is and isn't good enough to be in the best eleven. Well that's fine, except the player concerned didn't make a single appearance last season and only made 3 substitute appearances the season before. If we wasn't good enough to be inducted into the overall best eleven at the end of last season, how is he hood enough now seeing as he hasn't played a single game since icon_confused.gif? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't is your ALL time best eleven?

Archived