No Speaka the Englaish

Just signed a 15 year old Italian who speaks no English apparently yet when we have a private chat his English is word perfect :p

think it would be funny if in private chat none English speaking players spoke their own language, eventually over time the'd learn etc, this would have massive implicaions if i started a game in Brazil ;)

maybe the more time you spend in the country the more words appear in English, so your manager is learning Portuguese but i dont actually have too, once you learn a language it would be as easy to read as English, this may work?

i have a point though right? my none speaking italian teenager it fluent when we speak one on one :D

I can appreciate that it could be realistic, but I think I'd just find it annoying. It seems like one of those realistic things that is left out for gameplay purposes, and I'm happy with that.

I'd have to agree with this.

it was just a thought guys..a good one i thought...but just a thought.....

I think it has been mentioned before actually. On paper it sounds like a great idea but I just don't think it would be that good in reality. I think it would become one of those 'annoying new features' that people like to complain about.

i agree it would be annoying with my team of non english speaking players becasue they're 90% cheaper than anyone English, they wouldnt have a clue what was going on.....couldnt be anymore annoying than the constant flow of repetative press confrences

Just signed a 15 year old Italian who speaks no English apparently yet when we have a private chat his English is word perfect :p

think it would be funny if in private chat none English speaking players spoke their own language, eventually over time the'd learn etc, this would have massive implicaions if i started a game in Brazil ;)

I'm sure it'll be highly annoying if said young player plays "We Speak No Americano" on his earphones constantly. :D

i agree it would be annoying with my team of non english speaking players becasue they're 90% cheaper than anyone English, they wouldnt have a clue what was going on.....couldnt be anymore annoying than the constant flow of repetative press confrences

Can you now imagine doing those press conferences in another language? Certainly might make them a bit more interesting;)

They could introduce a new staff type, translator.

Translation attribute 1:

Me: "You're one of our best players at the moment, keep it up!"

Player: "My mother is a what? I demand a transfer!"

Suddenly all request for transfer that i ve had in FM make sense :)

Archived