16 year old french players always valued higher than others?

One of the most interesting moments of every season is when there's an influx of new 16 year olds in the pre-season.

Filtering out everyone above 16 years old, I get a list where the top20-30 are 95% french players. Most of them just plain suck, so why are they dominating the value list from pre-season to end of season?

I'm obviously now starting to filter out any french players to get some more realistic search results, but why is this even happening? I'm playing in the Premier league in the year 2033.

Anyone else get this? I get it year after year.

This annoys me too, but not as much as how impossible it is to sign virtually any German player if you're managing an English team.

Yeah, agree with this. I've never signed a young German player, I always had to wait a few years

And filtering for 16-year olds is useless now as Value isn't an indication of anything anymore.

Why are so many things half-broken in this game..

Ive been thinking about this german youngster thing, do you think the rivalry between England and Germany plays a part? I see people not being able to sign Neur and whatever the other german keeper is and people struggle to sign german youngsters however as AC Milan i could sign any german youngster or player i wanted without any problems at all.

Really havent noticed the french youngsters being expensive at all to be honest

The rivalry between England and Germany is only recognised in England it's not really a big thing in Germany they are more rivals with countries they have borders with, (Denmark, France, Austria). So this would be a reason for English players not to go to Germany but not the other way round. I think young german players would prefer to stay in Germany with hopes of playing for a big team there than moving to England.

The rivalry between England and Germany is only recognised in England it's not really a big thing in Germany they are more rivals with countries they have borders with, (Denmark, France, Austria). So this would be a reason for English players not to go to Germany but not the other way round. I think young german players would prefer to stay in Germany with hopes of playing for a big team there than moving to England.

but in the game it is recognised as a big rivalry, both England and Germany have each other as main rivals.

Ive been thinking about this german youngster thing, do you think the rivalry between England and Germany plays a part? I see people not being able to sign Neur and whatever the other german keeper is and people struggle to sign german youngsters however as AC Milan i could sign any german youngster or player i wanted without any problems at all.

Really havent noticed the french youngsters being expensive at all to be honest

Huh. In Italy you sign German youngsters? Thats concerning. I assumed that I was struggling to get German youngsters to England because they tend to stay at home until later in their careers (if they ever move at all...). Good training facilities, big clubs, and a cultural bias towards staying at home. Same would be said for English youngsters - I wouldn't want to see any/many top English prospects in Germany, Spain or Italy.

But if German youngsters are moving to Italy freely then I'd say there is an issue. Ideally you would want "feeder" countries (such as Holland, Portugal, etc) where it is relatively easy to poach youngsters and then England, Spain, Italy and Germany where it is relatively hard to get youth players out of their home country.

Huh. In Italy you sign German youngsters? Thats concerning. I assumed that I was struggling to get German youngsters to England because they tend to stay at home until later in their careers (if they ever move at all...). Good training facilities, big clubs, and a cultural bias towards staying at home. Same would be said for English youngsters - I wouldn't want to see any/many top English prospects in Germany, Spain or Italy.

But if German youngsters are moving to Italy freely then I'd say there is an issue. Ideally you would want "feeder" countries (such as Holland, Portugal, etc) where it is relatively easy to poach youngsters and then England, Spain, Italy and Germany where it is relatively hard to get youth players out of their home country.

yeah try it out, start with a big italian club and they will move very easily, infact three of my top regen players were signed from German clubs in the first season all very easily and i didnt have to pay them huge wages. As i say i'm beginning to think it may have to do with the rivalry between the nations, its the only thing in the game i can think of that would stop german players wanting to move to england as easily as they do to other nations.

Not sure I follow you there. Why is value not 'an indication of anything anymore'?

:confused:

What I meant was that if you clear all filters, The Value list from highest to lowest will be a pretty good indication of who the best players are. The only exception is when someone has been signed recently for a high fee - the player will be valued at exactly what the club payed for him, often surpassing other, better players. For a while at least before the real value kicks in.

But filtering out anyone above 16 years old will not work the same way. You'll get 90% french players, and even the ones valued highest will often be pretty crap. Hell, I even filtered to only show 18 year olds and younger, and I still had some lousy 14-year old frenchy 2nd on the list. He had awful stats, played for a mediocre club and even my scouts didn't see any special potential in him. So what gives? It's just plain old broken is what it is.

milnerpoint, I have English, German, French, Swedish, Brazilian, Argentinian, Dutch, Italian, Mexican, American, Turkish, Uruguyan and Portuguese leagues loaded.

That's a strange Search result you got. And by strange I mean normal, heh. Although lots of Germans in there. Germans are the 2nd most appeared nationality for me.

A side point; Most english regens are crapola in my save. They never ever match up to the other european players, especially while they're still young.

Edit: I see now you're playing Barca. I played Barca for ~5 seasons and never had the French issue either. It's only now in the Premier league I've encountered this. Bit weird..

i do have three top top german scouts which may be why i get mostly germans on the list, what team are you playing as? What nationality are your scouts?

I have all the major european leagues loaded but nothing else, it is suppose to be a list of the players your club knows best, so perhaps if your club has more knowlage of france more of them will show up??

also do you have the unrealistic transfer box ticked?

i do have three top top german scouts which may be why i get mostly germans on the list, what team are you playing as? What nationality are your scouts?

I have all the major european leagues loaded but nothing else, it is suppose to be a list of the players your club knows best, so perhaps if your club has more knowlage of france more of them will show up??

also do you have the unrealistic transfer box ticked?

Hmm, only 1 french scout here. 4 british ones and 1 german.

I don't have the unrealistic box ticked.

Just seems like an issue in the Premier league. It's not the most horrible thing ever as I can just dedicate some time and added filters to find others, but it still makes me wonder why this happens. Oh well.

Hmm, only 1 french scout here. 4 british ones and 1 german.

I don't have the unrealistic box ticked.

Just seems like an issue in the Premier league. It's not the most horrible thing ever as I can just dedicate some time and added filters to find others, but it still makes me wonder why this happens. Oh well.

yeah that is strange, it must be something to do with the leagues loaded or the league you are playing in i would imagine. But what exactly causes it im not sure.

Archived