+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Your most prolific striker?

Amateur

how do you do a screen shot again as i got a really good striker i wanna show off lol

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    Nice post Tom_15390. Enjoyed reading that. Are your top scorers always set up as poachers or advanced forwards with a striker partner then?

What do people find is the best tactical set-up for their striker? In a two or even a three maybe? What role and duty etc.? Quite interested to know.

Personally, my man Michael Vermeer is a poacher and I always give him a complete forward (support) alongside him.
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_15390 View Post
    I've watched your threads crop up about poachers and whatnot (and Vermeer, obviously!).
    Yeah, I guess you could say that I am addicted to goalscorers at the moment!

It changes on a season-by-season basis for me. Generally, I'll go for the complete forward in one slot, then the other varies depending on who I've got. Over the past few seasons I've had a advanced forward, a poacher, even a defensive forward at one point. In the Championship, I went for a front 3.. can't remember the exact detaills but there was definitely a poacher in the middle and two hard workers either side of him to get the assists.

I do have one defensive minded formation with a target man and an inside forward in the hole behind him, and that seems to work pretty well too.
    I've tried a lone striker (advanced forward) with support from an AMC and found it pretty good but nothing has compared to having a front two with a poacher having a creative forward in support. That is, for getting the best from a prolific goalscorer.

I also find that it is best to find a striker who is strong all round (good in the air, to feet, to run on to through balls etc.) and then to play with width and variation in the play to give him as many routes to goal as possible.

That's my own personal findings though. That's why I was quite interested to find out what other people think is the best tactical set-up for their striker.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by olley669 View Post
    how do you do a screen shot again as i got a really good striker i wanna show off lol
    Hit Alt-F9 and it'll send one to your screenshots folder. Then upload to photobucket or something (instructions in one of the sticky threads at the top of GD).

Amateur

Just realised that I hadn't posted my last two seasons up with Michel Vermeer.

See the opening post for the rest of his time with my club.

Reserves

this is my main striker from my aberdeen game, considering he only cost £100k when i bought him i think it was money well spent, prob my best ever signing in an FM game, he is the clubs all time leading scorer, a legend, has won every scottish player award, young player of the year, player of the year, football writers player of the year and players player of the year, top scorer in scotland 5 times and champs cup golden boot.

Part-Timer

That's really good form and a top player, especially for the SPL. That said, the most impressive thing to me is that he came through at Carlisle! Well, not most impressive, you know what I mean ;)

Amateur

This is my most prolific striker and best regen ever. I think he can reach 1,000 career goals comfortably - would be easier if he actually played internationals for Japan. If you factor in 100-150 international caps I'm sure he could get close to 200 goals (playing in weak Asian groups, wouldn't be surprised if he gets more).

When he qualified for English citizenship I immediately applied for and got the English job at the next opportunity...but found I couldn't call him up and so I resigned! Shortest term ever...was manager for a day or so. I play him as a poacher next to a TM(Support) but I'm going to try Advanced Forward next season. His scoring record in the last three seasons was upwards of 1.5 goals per game.

When he first came I couldn't get a WP for him (the selectors must have been blind) so he played a half-season less than otherwise. Offered him a new contract in Jan and managed to get him into the team.

He routinely breaks all kinds of records (already Liverpool's highest ever scoring player at 24, pushed Messi off the Golden Ball awards before Messi's stats started dropping.)

Semi Pro

Have you edited him at all? His key striker stats seem almost too good to be true: finishing, technique, heading, creativity, determination, off the ball, balance and agility all 20?!! Also I've never seen a newgen with 20/20 for acceleration and pace.
    Last edited by dave byrd; 05-05-2011 at 16:16.

I've never seen anything quite like it either!

Then again, the player is one footed and very poor in the air.

I notice that he also has very poor defensive attributes (tackling, marking, concentration). Maybe just a very good training schedule then with no defensive training and everything put into physical, tactical, ball control and shooting training?

Still seems quite extraordinary. I don't think I've ever seen a player with such high technical attributes and physical attributes. There is nobody anywhere near that good in key areas in my current saves anyway.

Reserves

i dont think i have ever seen a regen as good as that!!!

Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.

There's one in the OTF FM thread with about twice as many 20s as that.

I suspect a bug (which is entirely possible) or foul play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ackter View Post
    Any chance of a link?

Nah, couldn't find it. FM OTF thread is far too big.

Found him.

Third Team

Unreal, like most newgens.

Reserves

that surely must be an edited player, never in all my time of playing FM have i seen anything close to that

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.

Normally with a player like that Ackter, I would pick a fault like "Yeah, he is all well and good, but he can't throw - so I wouldn't buy him!"

I can't even do that, he doesn't have a weakness. Curse you!

He's not mine ffs.

I barely have players with 3 20s in my team, despite them being world class "leading Prem" players.

Third Team

I'd sell him if he turns 24 and his NF doesn't get to be at least 11. Just my rules.

Semi Pro

I suspect a bug (which is entirely possible) or foul play.
    He has 1 more, not twice as many. Also the 20 stats on the Preston player seem more randomly distributed whereas the Liverpool players 20's are more 'kindly' distributed for a striker..

There are the best players I've had overall:

I know for a fact that Little Willie there has 197 PA and his coach report says he's maxed out so I can't see how a player like the Preston and Japanese ones can exist.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dave byrd View Post
    Have you edited him at all? His key striker stats seem almost too good to be true: finishing, technique, heading, creativity, determination, off the ball, balance and agility all 20?!! Also I've never seen a newgen with 20/20 for acceleration and pace.
    His attributes are unedited. At 17 years old when I bought him he already had 20 determination, 19 acceleration and balance, 18 agility and 16 pace. Main problem was that he had 7 composure - I've had him on composure training since and managed to bring it up to 15. If I had edited him I'd have gone for 20composure (he misses MANY 1-on-1s - which he gets in the first place because of his blistering physicals) and I surely wouldn't have gone for the strange combination of 20 heading and 3 jumping, which is a total waste of CA points. Actually if I had edited him I'd also have gone with a lower creativity/passing because I have mostly played him as a poacher so far and he doesn't get to utilise those stats much. Likewise, things like corners aren't particularly useful. (Not sure if set-piece attributes take CA points.)

He fits in under the CA cap mostly because of how extremely one-footed he is (two-footedness takes up a lot of CA I believe) and how crap his jumping is I think. He scores nearly every goal with his right foot.

Also, on his defensive attributes, he used to have 12 tackling at 17 years old and actually managed to score a few goals tackling CBs dwelling on the ball. Over the years on my striker training his tackling and to a lesser extent concentration and marking have come down. Not sure if that's a good thing because presumably these stats take up less CA for strikers than defenders and it's actually quite useful to have sometimes.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Wen1234 View Post
    His attributes are unedited. At 17 years old when I bought him he already had 20 determination, 19 acceleration and balance, 18 agility and 16 pace. Main problem was that he had 7 composure - I've had him on composure training since and managed to bring it up to 15. If I had edited him I'd have gone for 20composure (he misses MANY 1-on-1s - which he gets in the first place because of his blistering physicals) and I surely wouldn't have gone for the strange combination of 20 heading and 3 jumping, which is a total waste of CA points. Actually if I had edited him I'd also have gone with a lower creativity/passing because I have mostly played him as a poacher so far and he doesn't get to utilise those stats much. Likewise, things like corners aren't particularly useful. (Not sure if set-piece attributes take CA points.)

He fits in under the CA cap mostly because of how extremely one-footed he is (two-footedness takes up a lot of CA I believe) and how crap his jumping is I think. He scores nearly every goal with his right foot.

Also, on his defensive attributes, he used to have 12 tackling at 17 years old and actually managed to score a few goals tackling CBs dwelling on the ball. Over the years on my striker training his tackling and to a lesser extent concentration and marking have come down. Not sure if that's a good thing because presumably these stats take up less CA for strikers than defenders and it's actually quite useful to have sometimes.
    Wow! Thanks for clearing that up. what a player!

Reserves

Nice regens Ackter!!
    Im guessing Willie is your son in the game? If so i would be a proud father!! hahaha

Aye.

Though he's second favourite 'cause Tunnicliffe is just insane.

Reserves

i would have said willie was the better player overall! thats some amazing stats for a defensive mid!

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.

He has 1 more, not twice as many.
    If you're going to correct him, atleast learn to count

Two more.

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    i would have said willie was the better player overall! thats some amazing stats for a defensive mid!
    Willie hasn't scored 60 goals in his last 40 games

Found him.
    Goodness me!

Take it that he wasn't edited?

I have no idea if he's been edited or not.

My team in 2043:

GK
    DR
    DC
    DC
    DL
    DM
    MC
    MC
    AL
    AR
    ST

Part-Timer
    FMNorthAmerica (Louisville,KY) MLS questions? Send me a message and I'll help you out if I can!

Only at the start of my fourth season with Toronto FC (MLS) but he's been my best player hands-down:

Last season was the best I've ever had for an individual player:

Basic 4-4-2 formation with the strikers swapping position during the game (one is set to full attacking mentality, the other is normal):

Signed on a free at the start of the game and have never had any serious interest in him from another team...possibly because I've slapped a $20million pricetag on him until he's elligible to play for Canada.

Amateur

RUTGER SIMONS = Best i have seen

The only guy i can remember being close to this is SANDRO, played for Real Madrid. Quite a few FM's ago, might have been in championship manager days actually.

Amateur

Has to be Steve for me.

Semi Pro

My striker Felipe has just scored his 1000th career goal since i signed him. Will do a full update at the end of the season

Congratulations Dave Byrd. Extraordinary achievement.

Amateur

First time ive tried to post a screen shot so bare with me but his career stats have been too good to not try to post, paid alot to get him, as i had never seen such a good english striker for ages and tottenham were being a pain, but think the gamble paid off
    [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Used 4-4-2 with him as a poacher for most of his career, although i have reverted to 4-3-3 with him in a the centre of a three pronged attack also as a poacher, his one footedness has also hindered him a bit missing a few chances earlier in his career, although i trained him to not use his weaker foot which seems to have helped.

not had anyone score as many as him since the days of having Gareth Taylor, Nicky Forster and Alan Shearer for Sunderland in whatever cm that was (yes i know he would never have signed for sunderland which made it all the more sweeter to see him score 100 in a season )
    Last edited by thankgodforquinn; 06-05-2011 at 20:33.

Amateur

Radamel Falcao for Marseille in my FM 2008 save. Scored about 312 goals in 14 years at the club. No screenshots though as I have deleted the game. I didn't play FM 2009 and FM 2010 because of that save.

Semi Pro

It would involve me taking my old computer to be fixed to get screenies of FM08's Denis Bacaicoa, the Spainard who regulary got me 70 goals a season, and lead me to a double treble and a quadruple. Yet he amassed only 4 caps for Spain and a total of 7 goals.

Tunnicliffe (posted further up) is on 52 goals so far this season.

It's still November.

Semi Pro

Nice. How many career goals is that for you now?

Semi Pro

Just finished the 2030/31 season with my Oxford side on FM2010. Due to a torn hamstring that sidelined him for 3 months, 35 year old Felipe only managed 38 appearances but still hit 32 in the Prem and 46 in all comps for the season and finally broke the 1000 barrier for career goals scored since I signed him.

Felipes record under me now stands at:

699 club games / 888 club goals (455 league games / 560 league goals)
    161 International games / 117 International goals

Grand total since i signed him, including internationals:

860 games / 1005 goals

With his stats as they are currently, I still think he has at least another 2 seasons at the top level left in him. His physicals are decent and 13/13 for strength/stamina should keep him ticking along nicely.
    Last edited by dave byrd; 07-05-2011 at 01:05.

Youth Team

When I got him at age 18, his second season.

The assistant's report

Last edited by BiggusD; 07-05-2011 at 01:29.

Nice. How many career goals is that for you now?
    298 goals in 284 matches.

He also has 53 in 54 for England

Semi Pro

Sweet jesus! What formation do you play to get him to do that?

At that rate he may score as many as Felipe ;)

Lone poacher in a 433.

Amateur

Someone to rival your forward as a god for the saints fans :P

Semi Pro

Just finished the 2030/31 season with my Oxford side on FM2010. Due to a torn hamstring that sidelined him for 3 months, 35 year old Felipe only managed 38 appearances but still hit 32 in the Prem and 46 in all comps for the season and finally broke the 1000 barrier for career goals scored since I signed him.

699 club games / 888 club goals (455 league games / 560 league goals)
    161 International games / 117 International goals

860 games / 1005 goals

With his stats as they are currently, I still think he has at least another 2 seasons at the top level left in him. His physicals are decent and 13/13 for strength/stamina should keep him ticking along nicely.
    In December of the following season. Felipe is currently out for 4 weeks injured so Danny has stepped up and in only 7 starts and 5 sub appearances he has scored 28 times! Will be hard dropping him when Felipe is fit again! Sad to say it but 20 year old wonderkid Danny is Oxford's best stiker now ability wise:

That's exactly the same as Tunnicliffe with me this season, except all starts instead of subs.

Semi Pro

28 goals in 12 appearances is absolutely insane

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kingjericho View Post
    28 goals in 12 appearances is absolutely insane
    Yeah, i don't think even Felipe did that, but in another odd twist Danny George is now sidelined with arthritis! At least it took away the problem of dropping him after Felipe returned from his lay off.

Amateur

How do you guys play your strikers in nearly every game of the season? Don't they get tired?

Amateur

70 goals in 37 games for Dave Byrd's Felipe? That's a bit outlandish.

Amateur

It's sad that most of you post those "all 20s" newgens. And at such a young age....
    Am I the only one who find those broken?

Amateur

My best striker in FM 2011 so far

Amateur

Not posting a screenshot because I forgot how to do it, but by current striker is a Brazilian regen who has 180 in 192(10) game for my Liverpool side. He has an average rating of 7.65, has made 49 assists and has been MoM 51 times. I'm in love with him.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by afromanGT View Post
    70 goals in 37 games for Dave Byrd's Felipe? That's a bit outlandish.
    I know, it's outrageous but that was his best ever season and never managed to better it.

Not the most prolific in this thread either, please see post 50 on the first page or this guy: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post5407396 if you want to see outlandish!
    Last edited by dave byrd; 09-05-2011 at 16:28.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by arsenalpfh View Post
    How do you guys play your strikers in nearly every game of the season? Don't they get tired?
    Speaking personally my stiker Felipe never played in every game, closest i got was 37 out of 38 prem games but bear in mind his strength and stamia stats were always very very good throughout his career. As for getting tried, yes, he did get tired sometimes so i'd sub him after 70 mins for a few games in a row, maybe not play him in the league cup ect.
    Last edited by dave byrd; 09-05-2011 at 14:51.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Funk View Post
    It's sad that most of you post those "all 20s" newgens. And at such a young age....
    Am I the only one who find those broken?
    Maybe, but this thread isn't really about that, that's a discussion for the bugs forum.

This thread is for celebrating the scoring records of some of FM's greatest ever hit-men.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by arsenalpfh View Post
    My main striker comes off on 60 mins most games as he has done the damage by then, he finishes very few games.

Amateur

Maybe, but this thread isn't really about that, that's a discussion for the bugs forum.

This thread is for celebrating the scoring records of some of FM's greatest ever hit-men.
    didn't meant to but I expected to find here some Torres/Benzema or similar kind of player.
    Hail to Felipe anyway

Amateur

on my reading save i bought solomon rondon for 2.5mil from malaga, played him as a lone striker (poacher) and he pretty much got me into the top 4, then he started wanting ridiculous amounts of money so i had to sell him for 6mil, where he flopped .

Amateur

Might as well post mine:

I play him as a lone poacher in a narrow 4-2-3-1 formation

Semi Pro
    People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.

My top man is having a pretty good start to the season.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tunnicliffe's latest season:

League: 86 in 38
    Cup: 14 in 6
    Continental: 33 in 15

Total: 133 in 59 - no free kicks, 1 pen

Amateur

Speaking personally my stiker Felipe never played in every game, closest i got was 37 out of 38 prem games but bear in mind his strength and stamia stats were always very very good throughout his career. As for getting tried, yes, he did get tired sometimes so i'd sub him after 70 mins for a few games in a row, maybe not play him in the league cup ect.
    Actually I have no problems playing my best striker (19 stamina) in practically every game. His condition is still good even at the end of the game, I'm not totally sure why, since his natural fitness is only 14. Possibly it's his role as poacher, the work he gets through in a game in less. The TM (support) he plays alongside is always at 60+ condition by the end of the game or even less if he suffered a hard tackle. If I didn't have to let my backup poacher get some games I think I could literally play him every game.

Semi Pro

Tunnicliffe's latest season:

League: 86 in 38
    Cup: 14 in 6
    Continental: 33 in 15

Total: 133 in 59 - no free kicks, 1 pen
    That's amazing!

My 36 year Felipe's career is drawing to close. Month of the season to go but he has hit over 40 in all comps so far and is currently the top scorer in the premier league. I'll do an update in the next few days when the season ends.
    Last edited by dave byrd; 11-05-2011 at 17:06.

Simmons (linked above, the Preston guy) is scoring more again, but he takes free kicks and pens so I'm claiming the moral victory.

Have a feeling Simmons stats are so high a) because of footedness and b) because his natural fitness is average and most importantly c) his "striker" attributes aren't actually as godly as the rest of him.

Finishing - 14
    Composure - 16
    Off The Ball - 16
    Acceleration - 15

This probably gives him quite a bit of spare CA to go on other attributes which are weighted so low.

Amateur

[/IMG]

Amateur

[IMG][/IMG]

Amateur

Hulk has been a beast for me!

Amateur

My greatest ever striker by far

Semi Pro

So he played in every league game for 2 years running!

In fact, am i right in saying he played in every game of every competiton in 2019-20?

Out of interest, how come he didn't feature for Brazil?
    Last edited by dave byrd; 12-05-2011 at 16:08.

Amateur

With his goal scoring record he plays in everything and he never seems to get tired.

He cant be picked for them anymore because i withdrew him for a friendly.

Semi Pro

Can we see a pic of his profile?

Brazil don't pick him because you withdrew him from a friendly?

Amateur

Heres the pic

He can't be recalled because its some bug

Youth Team

Stunning record Ciaran, great striker mate

dave byrd it's a big that sometimes nations are unable to pick players again once they've been withdrawn for a friendly. Very annoying.

Reserves

you can fix the bug if you used FMRTE, not ideal tho.

Semi Pro

Is that just FM11? That's a horrible bug!

Awesome player Ciaran.

Semi Pro

Just finished the 2031/32 season with my Oxford side on FM2010. With the clock ticking on his amazing career, 36 year old Felipe is now clearly past his best but still scored 44 goals in 46 games for Oxford and 5 goals in 8 games for Brazil.

745 club games / 932 club goals (486 league games / 585 league goals)
    169 International games / 122 International goals

914 games / 1054 goals

I don't think that 1000 goals for Oxford is on the cards but the next target for Felipe is 1000 career appearances since i signed him (for club and country)...
    Last edited by dave byrd; 12-05-2011 at 17:41.

First Team Squad Member

Semi Pro

That is ridiculous.

87 in 35? I'm gonna go ahead and presume you're not using exploits with that. How has he done that? Does anyone else score goals on your team?

He takes pens and free kicks.

Tunnicliffe doesnt and is only slightly behind him ;)

First Team Squad Member

143, 27, 16, 14, 13, 12 is the order of my top scorers. Plenty of goals to go around.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hexhamlad View Post
    143, 27, 16, 14, 13, 12 is the order of my top scorers. Plenty of goals to go around.
    What formation do you play?

First Team Squad Member

4 2 3 1

the 2 are mc's

Semi Pro

4 2 3 1

the 2 are mc's
    Ha ha, the same as me!

Youth Team

4 2 3 1

the 2 are mc's
    Definitely seems the best formation to get your front man banging in the goals from my experience.

1 penalty, no free kicks

Youth Team

mine is a guy called Matthias Pohl currently playing his 20th season for me and has:

399 goals in 541 Appearences hes 39 years old and im in march do i keep brining him on in the hope he grabs goal number 400 or leave him short as ive got a 35 year old striker on 386 goals.

Semi Pro

Your screen has a weird resolution.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tom_15390 View Post
    Your screen has a weird resolution.
    Tablet maybe?

That resolution gives me enough room at the side of the screen to view websites and chats etc without having to minimise FM.

Amateur

For me it has to be ...

He came through my youth system after the first season

Semi Pro

99 international goals in 99 international games. I'm hoping he can break both those milestones in the first game of the upcoming World Cup.

286 league goals in 340 Spurs games.

442 goals in 512 games in all competitions for Spurs.

I daresay that had he been managed by a crouchaldinho, Ackter, Hexhamlad or dave byrd, (and been just a little bit less injury prone) he would be pushing 1,000 by the end of his career. Regardless, he is still the best ever striker and best ever academy product I have ever had on any FM/CM.

The missing stats are Technique (16), Work Rate (14).

First Team Squad Member

first game of the season against newly promoted Villa.

Amateur

Simons 87 goals in league .................................................. ............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast