+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Your most prolific striker?

Semi Pro

Good speed though! Poacher?

Flamers

Amateur

How do I get onto that page where it says your whole team appearances/goals?

Semi Pro

History -> Best Eleven

Flamers

Amateur

Anybody able to beat this??

Stoke City Researcher

I believe this beats it piers...

First Team Squad Member

Santy, I'm dying to know what settings you used for him?

I take it that it was 4-4-2? How did you set up the front two?

I take it Keirrison was more or less your out and out poacher (what forward runs?) and his partner was a number 10 creative type to support him?

Stoke City Researcher

The thread should be ambling around on the tactics forum as I put it up after the success, it was indeed a 4-4-2 in the earlier years Keirrison was the small quick man playing off the big man with surging runs to get on the end of flick ons and midfielders linking up the player, Keirrison was pretty much the conduit for all goals, midfielders, wingers & the target man coming in with around 20 - 40 assists each per year. As Keirrison got older and slower the quality of the player alongside him needed to become faster and more reserved, being more creative with forward runs, the requirement basically went from being a Kenwynne Jones/Emile Heskey kind of player to a Drogba kind of player and now is more along the lines of a Ronaldo/Messi type of player as I pushed Keirrison further up the pitch with less forward runs. I think in this season it was a strange revival because its the best season he ever had at about 32 or 33, purely because the amount of income and disposable cash I have now means the other 10 players are at their absolute best, and with the premier league now saturated with retired players and regen managers. However, Rafa Benitez in the same situation in Spain (I again posted it up on the forums at the time and think he was the only 'proper' manager in the league at the time) and Real Madrid achieved:

In some ways it actually cheapened that he reached the feat then because the game has shown basically with poor managers in the game at this point an aging player can still tear teams apart if he's being carried.

First Team Squad Member

I think it's a particularly remarkable feat to get that many goals out of one player any way you look at it!

Found the tactical thread that Santy is referring to, for anyone else who is interested:

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...e-125-goals%29

ST on the left start with your pacey, best finishing forward, and on the right your targetman. The two swap positions during the game, but the left position is the naturally more 'forward' one, the reason behind the rotation is because when the targetman is further forward, he can hold the ball up to play into a surging pacey striker. When further behind he can play/flick the ball onto him and put him clean through. It is worthwhile having the pacey striker trained to try to beat the offside trap.
    So I take it that you had both forwards on mixed forward runs but with one forward having higher mentality? Or was Keirrison on forward runs often?

It sounds like Keirrison was on the left with high mentality, mixed runs (?), with a target man playing deeper and basically setting him up for goals. Plus the two forwards swapping?
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 20-02-2011 at 00:47.

Stoke City Researcher

Yea pretty much it, the swapping was purely to cause havoc with man marking instructions and incase Keirrison was getting manhandled by one CB as was possible given his physical side, I put extensive periods of time into managing Keirrisons career though, far more than I probably should have lol. I'll check my instructions for him currently when I load FM09 up tomorrow, I know the forward line instructions have evolved and they possibly don't swap anymore. That thread does sort of show the evolution of the targetmen in the side, Johan Elmander & Robert Lewandowski throuh to the regens.

Keirrisons mentality did gradually get higher and higher as he got older and slower, as a sort of trade-off to compensate.

First Team Squad Member

Yeah, do let me know when you check out your FM09 save. I'm really interested in how you set him up and how you micro-managed him to get the best out of him for so long.

I like the idea of swapping forwards as well in a 4-4-2. Something I might think about implementing in my next save involving a 4-4-2.

Are you still playing the FM09 save or have you moved on? Anything close to a Keirrison on FM10 or 11?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pires29 View Post

Yeah, loads have posted before your post.

Stoke City Researcher

Nothing at all remotely close on the last two FM's, I think Keirrison was pretty much that one moment in my FM career where everything went right and was purely a one-off thing lol. I still try to play the save but got so many games now on my PC it's hard to give it the time it deserves to keep Keirrison scoring anymore.

Here's the run down on his instructions:

Mentality: 17
    Creative Freedom: 2
    Passing Style: 7
    Closing Down: 8
    Tackling: Normal
    Forward Runs: Rarely
    Run With Ball: Mixed
    Long Shots: Mixed
    Through Balls: Rarely
    Cross Ball: Rarely

Watching matches he basically just stands around the edge of the box most of the game, soon as the ball comes to him he'll have a shot and score, he's not all that clinical its just the sheer volume of chances created he had 13 shots and scored 4 goals but a lot of the time he can have up to 15 shots and only score 2 - 3 goals. In the form window for the last 20 games hes featured in all 20, scored 35 goals but had 152 shots. The majority of goals come in the world club championship final and CL group stages.

First Team Squad Member

So he's basically a goal hanger these days then!

'He basically stands around the edge of the box [...] soon as the ball comes to him he'll have a shot and score'. I love that! Awesome!

Stoke City Researcher

Well in his younger days he used to maze around people, have a higher creative freedom to take people on, drift around and whatnot, now I just prefer to have him stand there and conserve his energy being able to spend £200m a season for the last 4 or 5 years has meant I've just been able to buy anyone who will be the best player in a certain position in the world which is what has seen Keirrison perform better now he's older than when he was younger, but yea he doesn't exactly work for his goals anymore, the tactic just basically keeps giving him shots until he scores, its a bit like a gang of kids holding someone down to take punches from a bully I guess lol.

First Team Squad Member

Quality!

Reserves

Probably my most prolific striker ever.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dave byrd View Post
    Yeah, loads have posted before your post.
    Only 4 people have posted with someone who has scored more goals in one season, which I wouldn't call loads, and only 2 of those are from this years FM so get off your high horse.

Semi Pro

Only 4 people have posted with someone who has scored more goals in one season, which I wouldn't call loads, and only 2 of those are from this years FM so get off your high horse.
    High horse? You asked if anyone could beat your record. I was just pointing out that it already had been.
    Last edited by dave byrd; 20-02-2011 at 15:24.

Amateur

Keirrison is amazing. What a player!!! Who didn't try and sign him after reading that? Wow.

Banned

Villa scored 74 goals in 51 matches in first season as Barca for me. 54 in 31 league games. Played him as a lone poacher.

Amateur

High horse? You asked if anyone could beat your record. I was just pointing out that it already had been.
    The pictures weren't loading for me before as I was having problems with my internet, that's why I asked if anyone could beat it as I didn't know if it had been done. Santy had already replied that it had been beaten what was the need for you to get involved unless you had a player who could beat it?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by santy001 View Post

Holy sh*t! And how did you manage to sign him back for £97M but sold him for £228M?

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    You left Hercules? Where are you now CP?
    Real Marcianise in Serie B. I've done Portugal, England and Spain now, plan on taking these guys to the top then a German side then back to Benfica before retiring.

Semi Pro

The pictures weren't loading for me before as I was having problems with my internet, that's why I asked if anyone could beat it as I didn't know if it had been done. Santy had already replied that it had been beaten what was the need for you to get involved unless you had a player who could beat it?
    I already posted a player that did beat it! Post 95 first page.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
    Real Marcianise in Serie B.
    I vaguely remember that side. I think I managed them briefly before on an old FM. Do they play in green and yellow or something like that?

I've done Portugal, England and Spain now, plan on taking these guys to the top then a German side then back to Benfica before retiring.
    Who were your teams in the other countries? Benfica, presumably, in Portugal, given your last comment there. Liverpool in England?

First Team Regular

They do indeed. It's rather sore on the eyes, that and I'm not entirely sure how to pronounce the club name

Benfica for 22 years, Liverpool for 8 years, Hercules for 13 years.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by santy001 View Post

I was waiting for Keirrison to turn up, surprised it took this long lol.

Semi Pro

Santy, i've never seen the computer buy a player for that much. What happened there then?

Amateur

Santy, i've never seen the computer buy a player for that much. What happened there then?

FM05 or 06 or something?

Stoke City Researcher

It was something of an issue I had with FM09 with several players that had claused deals, the final transfer value would go through at the wrong value. Andriy Rusol went on loan to someone with a future fee of £4m that ended up saying it was £16m but still I only ever received £4m for it. I think I started it without the first patch because it was FM09 that had all the ballache with activation and whatnot if I'm remembering right, anyway in all other aspects it shows the transfer as nowhere near that (somewhere around about 30 - 40% of that figure) but it said that on the player history. It's somewhere in the Danny Roberts challenge thread with more detail at the time it happened, it was rather annoying that it happened then because it was the best season Keirrison was in and the one that I was actually in with a shot of challenging Smylie for over 200 goals in a season, come January first he already had 85 goals in 30 games or something to that effect. I did have a rather bizarre time with the transfer system on FM09 though, a lot of clause based deals were coming out for the wrong amount.

Semi Pro

So how much was he sold for then?

Stoke City Researcher

Around £80m, maybe pushing £90m my chairman accepted the offer over my head so I didn't see the full details of it but I think this was by 9.3 because you could no longer go to the transfer centre and then still cancel the deal.

Semi Pro

At the moment its this guy:

Not nearly as good as the others on here but hes brilliant for the level i play at and hopefully he can become a consistent goalscorer for years to come for me.

Amateur

I think my Bruno can beat. I'll be back in 5 years.

or Diop.

Last edited by crdsa; 21-02-2011 at 07:15. Reason: link

Amateur

My goal suck...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by crdsa View Post
    I think my Bruno can beat. I'll be back in 5 years.
    Good luck mate.

First Team Squad Member

This thread gave me an idea for a new tactical challenge thread.

I think some of you guys who have posted in here may want to take a look. Click on the link below!

New FM Tactical Challenge - Prolific Goalscorers!

Amateur

without a doubt, Salvador Cabanas!

Semi Pro

This thread gave me an idea for a new tactical challenge thread.

I think some of you guys who have posted in here may want to take a look. Click on the link below!

New FM Tactical Challenge - Prolific Goalscorers!
    Awesome, just stuck Felipe in there!

Amateur

My new guy ready to take over from Danny.

Amateur
    Occupant of an interplanetary quite extraordinary craft

Quote Originally Posted by tom_15390 View Post
    Through the Tottenham academy, and a Spurs fan? So you'll give 100% every game and never ever want to leave? English as well? And you're called English?

And you''re going to break all previous goalscoring records?

Yes please. At his peak, he scored 69 goals in one season, 39 of those in the EPL.

Also, check out the awesome foursome he was in.
    I came. ,,,,,

Mine would be Artem Milevskyi the guy was a beast on FM10. Bought him for around 8 million for Ajax right at the start and he was the main man in my 4-2-3-1 formation for around 12 years regularly scoring 25+ goals a season.

Amateur

Bojan back on 08 was unreal On FM11, probably David Villa. He hit 47 in 48, despite how much I tend to rotate my players.

Semi Pro

Just completed the 2027/28 season and Felipe was prolific yet again. At 32 years of age he is showing no signs of slowing down, although his pace has dropped from 17 to 16 ;)

We were sensationally knocked out of the Champions League in the first knockout stage by Genoa, so he missed the chance to play in more games. We were also knocked of of the FA Cup in the sixth round but won the Premier League (losing just 2 games), the Carling Cup, the Club World Cup the European Super Cup.

Felipes record under me now stands at:

560 club games / 687 club goals (363 league games / 428 league goals)
    129 International games / 99 International goals

Grand total:

689 games / 786 goals

On my career level, it was my 10th Prem title with Oxford and by securing this I finally eclipsed Fergie at the top of the hall of fame to become the most successful manager of all time in the game

Amateur

As fascinating as this thread is, for me it says something very negative about Fm players. I don't want to start a war here but it's really disturbing that in a thread of 145 posts, unless I've missed one or two, not one person has moaned about how unrealistic it is that their star striker has scored 45, 50 or 60-odd goals a season. In so many threads people express how livid they are and how "unrealistic" it is that for example they haven't scored in four games, or their strikers are missing sitters. I've seen so many hysterical claims that "bugs" like those are "game breakers" or show what a useless game fm is. However, when unrealistic things go players way, which this goal scoring without a doubt is, people are happy to show off and hype their own "accomplishments". Really makes me sad on a number of levels

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Hussy1 View Post
    As fascinating as this thread is, for me it says something very negative about Fm players. I don't want to start a war here but it's really disturbing that in a thread of 145 posts, unless I've missed one or two, not one person has moaned about how unrealistic it is that their star striker has scored 45, 50 or 60-odd goals a season. In so many threads people express how livid they are and how "unrealistic" it is that for example they haven't scored in four games, or their strikers are missing sitters. I've seen so many hysterical claims that "bugs" like those are "game breakers" or show what a useless game fm is. However, when unrealistic things go players way, which this goal scoring without a doubt is, people are happy to show off and hype their own "accomplishments". Really makes me sad on a number of levels
    You're complaining essentially, about human nature. We all like it when things go our way and hate it when they don't. Nothing unusual there, there's certainly no reason to get sad about it.

Amateur

Not had any long games yet on FM, but Stephen Dobbie is in real form at the moment for my Swansea team. Has 12 in 14 games so far, and his strike partner has 10 and I'm only in December so far! Hoping it continues!

Semi Pro

They're good points, but for my personal example, the season that my striker (English) had was only approximately as good as Ronaldo's record breaking season for Man Utd. I did build the team around him as a striker, and dominated many games. A lot of his goals also came against smaller sides in the cups. His overall record is far closer to realism.

Amateur

Lol, as someone who essentially studies human nature, as an anthropologist, I know this and the fact that it isn't unusual is why human nature so often does make me sad but no worries

First Team Squad Member

Wow. Bit of an overreaction maybe!

Amateur

Winning the Euro Cup with Ajax in my first season, I bought Oscar Cardzo from Benfica and a generated player from mexico callerd Santacruz (am/r/s) (this young boy was rec by a scout) bloody hell wat a player. Oscar started great and went quite at age 30/31. IMO check to see if u have a 17 year old Santacruz mexico boy generated.

Amateur

Wow. Bit of an overreaction maybe!
    Care to explain? If you want realism then it has to be consistent not just when you perceive things to be going against you. Yes it is unrealistic that for example(hypothetically) teams constantly hit the crossbar, but it's also unrealistic that players score as many goals as a number of them in this thread have. i'm not saying you're one of those moaners but please don't bother replying if you're just going to be snarky and unconstructive again

First Team Squad Member

Care to explain? If you want realism then it has to be consistent not just when you perceive things to be going against you. Yes it is unrealistic that for example(hypothetically) teams constantly hit the crossbar, but it's also unrealistic that players score as many goals as a number of them in this thread have. i'm not saying you're one of those moaners but please don't bother replying if you're just going to be snarky and unconstructive again
    Yes, I care to explain.

It's a ridiculously huge overreaction on your part. So people want to have a bit of fun and fantasy on a computer game. Why has that got to make you 'sad on a number of levels'?

Why is it unrealistic for a world class striker (perhaps the best forward of their generation or maybe even the greatest forward of all time) to score a lot of goals? Especially if they are in a world class team that is dominating football domestically and perhaps even continentally.

Why do you have to link this thread, which is basically a bit of fun, imagination and fantasy, to something negative? Chances are most of us in here are pretty tactically adept on FM , seeing as we're hitting the sweet spot with our forwards, and therefore haven't ever moaned about 'bugs' and 'game breakers' in relation to forwards taking chances. Why do you have to link anyone in this thread with negativity when all we're doing is having a bit of fun?

It's quite likely that a large number of people on this thread have spent a long time building their club, finding a great player, nurturing him, training him, tutoring him, tweaking their tactics to suit him. I know I have. Why shouldn't I share that accomplishment and sense of enjoyment with other FMers? Why should anyone on this thread be looked down upon by you, someone with a handful of posts and a misguided sense of their own superiority?

You're just basically misrepresenting the views of everyone in here presumably to make yourself feel better. Furthermore, who are you to say what is realistic and what is not? There have always been legendary and prolific goalscorers in the history football for goodness sake!

I see a lot of people in here having fun with the game and living out the fantasy of having a prolific number 9 who knocks the ball into the back of the net like it's going out of fashion. Everyone likes a goalscorer and what's wrong with that?

The only thing making me 'sad on a number of levels' in this thread is the negativity of your post. If you don't like it, and you have nothing positive to say, then please don't post at all.
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 24-02-2011 at 17:27.

Semi Pro

Well said crouchaldinho.

Amateur

+1 Crouchy.

There is always a lot of moaning threads, and when there is a thread with people showing off their achievements, some people always try to change the tone of the thread into something negative.

It's not as if the people in this thread are the people complaining like 'the game is broken'. The people in here are probably the people enjoying the game, having successful careers but some people can't accept that and have to try and 'rain on the parade'.

Amateur

It wasn't under my stewardship, but he is technically my player now. I just signed Khouma Babacar and was checking out his profile when I noticed that he has scored 60 goals in 37 games for Senegal. Can't be bothered to post a screenie, but it's true.

Stoke City Researcher

That Pele, what an unrealistic ******* he was with all those goals, then he moved to the states for millions when he was just an icon and no longer a goal machine. Same with Sir Stanley Matthews, where did he get his balls from to play in the top flight until he was 50? What's worse, when he finally decided he was making fun of the footballing world enough, he went around the world for another 13 years still playing football.

Each individual game save is basically a different fork from the game at the current state. In just over a century of the game truly being organised we've had two one thousand goal careers (allegedly at least), so it is unrealistic to say there will at some point be another player who matches this feat? The simple matter of fact is, if you had several thousand versions of the last century to pore through jsut from a football perspective it would be very different in each and every one of them, Pele may have never had a career at all due to an injury in his early years, in others he may have moved to another country earlier - been better managed on the nutritional side, been looked after better and he wouldn't have been past it by the time he was 30.

In the vast majority of saves these players don't happen, I'm not just talking about the regens but I mean players in the right situation, in the right tactic with the right youth training to do this, so in the <5% (most likely) it does happen out of the thousands of games played it is a major issue for you?

Reserves

http://img694.imageshack.us/i/gregellissuperman.jpg/

not as good as the others, but the best regen striker ive ever had

Part-Timer

May have a couple of new contenders for my most prolific strikers. Couple of regens.

Diego Rubio - 93 appearances in all comps over about 1 3/4 seasons.(joined me in jan 2021, it's now November 2022). Has 97 goals to his name. First half season was a bedding in period, where he only got a paltry 20 goals in 27 games, last season he got 56 in 54, and this season so far he's got 21 in 12. That's mostly as a result of changing formation(Gone from a narrow one with him as a poacher in a striker partnership, to him being a lone striker with 2 strikers playing as inside forwards on the wing, he's a been set to run onto balls through(pace20, acc17), and takes my penalties now as well as free kicks. Absolutely dominant. has 5 hatricks in his last 13 appearances. Oh and has 40 assists in 93 games, so isn't too selfish either. Helps that he's two footed

Abdou Camara. - Attributes wise, he's better than Rubio, perhaps better than any striker I've ever seen. Though played second fiddle (creating chances rather than scoring all of them himself last season) Still managed 32 goals in 58 appeances last season, and this time, from the wing, has 19 in 17. Has 41 assists as well.

Amateur
    Occupant of an interplanetary quite extraordinary craft

I may have the only one who is real. yaya Sanogo of Auxerre. Statisticly not epic but is excellent for my tactics, in his latest season he got 78 in 53

Amateur

Bump but had to share this regen, my most prolific scorer ever.
    235 goals in 283 (11) games (All Comps) in just 5 and a half seasons.

Amateur

Copied and pasted it together so it'd hopefully fit on the forum a lot better (without going far off the side, and not shrunk to the point it's hard to read). The information shows stats, age, value, name, and at the bottom is his best season for me (first season we won the league I think)

First Team Squad Member

Nice posts guys.

Part-Timer

Truro in the Prem!

Amateur

On fm10 mine was Yaya Sanogo. He scored 380 goals in 521 appearances, with 247 goals coming in 346 league appearances. On fm11 Nathan Delfouneso has 259 goals in 315 appearances, with 172 goals coming in 230 league appearances.

First Team Squad Member

63 goals nowhere near the level of some posts in here. What I thought was great was his strike partner getting 34 assists with a passing stat of 7, I know passing is not all that matters but still a good record.

Amateur

First Team Squad Member

Can you post the player attributes page AB? THanks.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by J.T View Post
    Truro in the Prem!
    Truro winning the Prem too! We've got a 27,000 all-seater Treyew Road too which we fill out every game (seems the forced expansion due to premier league requirements ups the "expansion capacity" of a stadium).

Amateur

Yaya Sanogo. No doubt. Unbelievable tekkers.

First Team Squad Member

Can you post the player attributes page AB? THanks.

Both are being outscored this season by the new guy, I am hoping he will replace Tavares next season. I can get £30 million for him so at 31/32 it might be too good to reject a bid of that size. Evans won world player of the year and his international goal scoring record is amazing. He past Wayne Rooney's record in around half the games it took Rooney to become England's all time leading goal scorer.

Third Team

Mine would have to be Stanislav Hanak, he needs 3 more goals for his 300th Banik Ostrava goal, which i'm sure he'll get this season.

Hopefully i'll keep him on as a coach too when he decided to retire.

Luckily i have a possible replacement already through the youth
    Last edited by Charlesbeams; 11-04-2011 at 19:03.

Amateur

I don't have the screenshots but Jermaine Beckford scored 34-35 goals, three seasons running for me at Leeds.

First Team

Yeah, I was going to mention in the OP that NepentheZ is banned from posting in this thread!
    I do what I want. When I want.

Just got linked to this thread. By myself. Since I searched my own name. Some amazing stuff going on in here. Nice to still know Smylie is mentioned a few years after his retirement. FM12 will be big for me, and I will attempt something like this again.

First Team Squad Member

Haha! Took you long enough to find it Nep.

Searching your own name on the forums, is that the ultimate vanity, or what?

Smylie will always be a legend around these parts, no doubt.

What's going on with FM11 then Nep? Not playing it?

First Team

Not really had the time if I'm honest dude. I'm spending 90% of my gaming time on FIFA now, since my YouTube channel is getting pretty big (Just got over 1,000 subscribers)

FM11, much like FM09 and 10 really aren't for me, either. I'm hoping FM12 will be better.

Amateur

He's slowing now, but his movement and lethal finishing are incredible

Amateur

Have to give my pride and joy a little shoutout...

His stats probably don't live up to some others on here but his goalscoring record is immense.

Amateur

Not somebody I've managed but Gonzalo Higuain had 31 goals after 14 league matches in the first season in a recent save. He finished on 48 league goals with a further 17 in all cup games. Still didnt win Real the league, my Barca side sorted that out!

First Team Squad Member

Mine is Federico Macheda so far:

Semi Pro

Just finished the 2028/29 season with my Oxford side on FM2010. My main man Felipe is now 33 but had another cracking season hitting 61 in the Prem and 85 in all comps for the season:

612 club games / 772 club goals (398 league games / 489 league goals)
    143 International games / 108 International goals (he played in another 5 games for Brazil after i took the screenshot above)

Grand total since i signed him, including internationals:

755 games / 880 goals

Subs Bench
    Future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Clodoaldo 1000 career goals reached a few months ago. 573 league goals in 520 appearances.

his best season:

him now:

him at (perhaps) his peak - maybe too early attribute wise:

Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.

Wondered how long it'd take you to turn up

Semi Pro
    American + Reading fan = Always buying the away shirt ...

I get so jealous seeing all these goal totals. I always have two or three scorers who, when taken together, get those kind of numbers, but I never get that kind of production out of just one...

Part-Timer

What a career he's had!!!

Amateur

Lima is close to breaking the 30 goal barrier in my Braga game.

Cisse scored 38 goals in my Panathinaikos game.

Semi Pro

Just finished the 2029/30 season with my Oxford side on FM2010. My main man Felipe is now 34 but had another cracking season hitting 39 in the Prem and 70 in all comps for the season:

661 club games / 842 club goals (427 league games / 528 league goals)
    151 International games / 113 International goals

Grand total since i signed him, including internationals:

812 games / 955 goals

First Team Squad Member

Outstanding stuff.

Semi Pro

Outstanding stuff.
    45 to go till he reaches 1000 career goals since i signed him...

Third Team

Granted i've only had him a season and a half but this kid's fantastic. Step up the little pea:

His international record aint bad either. 101 caps, 90 goals

Amateur

in my current celtic game have David Goodwille and Nolan Roux both banging in the goals non stop...here they both are at the moment:

David Goodwille

Nolan Roux

Semi Pro

I'm struggling to keep anyone on form long enough to get these kinds of stats - I had one very promising striker who hasn't quite been the same since a viral infection did him in for a whole season, an Argentinian with some serious self-esteem issues, and a collection of players who decided they were bigger than the club.

My current hope is on 'Mick'. His debut was in a FA Cup final against Arsenal when he was 16, in which he scored as we lost 2-1. Now 22, he's looking good for a strike rate of 2 goals every 3 games.

Semi Pro
    Our integrity sells for so little, but it's all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us

This guy got top scorer in the EPL and helped my Arsenal team to 5 trophies last season, been less effective this season due to injuries.

Part-Timer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

by far his best season, his natural fitness means that he simply can't play EVERY game for the full 90 minutes when i have several a week, though. He so far has 2 hat tricks this season and only cost me £7m :P
    Last edited by Andrew!; 03-05-2011 at 15:19. Reason: put in an old picture

Semi Pro

As with Stuart English on FM10, I reckon having yourself the best striker is a culmination of a few things. Maybe it's because I'm a Middlesbrough fan, but I always think that for a striker to truly perfect, he needs to at least be of the same nationality of the club. Where possible, he should have come through the academy.

I'm still a few seasons shy of finding out whether I can get everything to snap together perfectly, and a few pretenders have fell by the wayside, but I think I'm finally getting closer to a true talismanic striker.

It all began 10 seasons ago. Southampton had one doomed Premier League campaign, the only bright point being the emergence of top-scorer Dave Greenwood. Despite only being 16, he netted 6 goals in 29 games for them. When they were relegated, Barcelona and myself swooped for him, and thanks to offering a ludicrously high wage for a 17 year old, he joined us at the Boro. A series of bizarre long-term injuries, plus a continually dented confidence by not having a proper strike partner means he's become nothing more than a very good striker.
    Current strike rate: 165 goals in 356 games (0.463)

Stephen McMahon (nicknamed Mick because his name reminded me of Tony McMahon and Stephen McManus too much) began at Stockport, before being immediately being snapped up by Hibs for peanuts. After one season north of the border, we brought him back to develop in the U-18s. Terrible luck with injuries meant he got a taste of first team football in the FA Cup final, where he promptly scored the opener. Several seasons on, he's still not the finished article, but looks most likely to reach the very top.
    Current Strike Rate: 70 goals in 206 games (0.340)

Christian Moreno, the odd one out having been bought latest at 22 years old for £22m at the bequest of my whiney Argentinian midfielder, and the only foreign forward. Think Yaya Sanogo or Nicolas Anelka, and you'll be about there. Capable of fantastic football, an incredible number of goals, and the most infuriating attitude. His favourite trick is to be complacent and disinterested until he reaches the 5th or 6th game without scoring, then his confidence is suddenly so shot that he couldn't score even if he tried.
    Current Strike Rate: 45 goals in 95 games (0.474)

The newest recruit is Jamie Davenport. He joined on loan during a striker crisis last season, and did extremely well. After a £12m transfer, he was our top scorer in the league in his debut season. His versatility and work rate are key components in being a strike partner, hopefully eventualy alongside...
    Current Strike Rate: 22 goals in 68 games (0.324)

Victor Ezeh. Since none of them quite reach my ludicrosly high standards for your top strikers, that leaves all the pressure on this English/Nigerian youngster. He's had limited opportunities so far, but has had flashes of ability. Plus, his surname sounds brilliantly close to Easy, which I inevitably chant whenever he scores. A product of the academy, he spent last season on loan at Blackburn, netting 13 Premier League goals in 30 games. I have no doubt he will become my most prolific scorer - I wouldn't let an academy player this good ever leave.
    Current Strike Rate: 9 goals in 53 games (0.170)

Part-Timer

First Season, not too bad

Youth Team

Nice on J.T. I'll post up mine as soon as I'm at the end of the season.

First Team Squad Member

Nice post Tom_15390. Enjoyed reading that. Are your top scorers always set up as poachers or advanced forwards with a striker partner then?

What do people find is the best tactical set-up for their striker? In a two or even a three maybe? What role and duty etc.? Quite interested to know.

Personally, my man Michael Vermeer is a poacher and I always give him a complete forward (support) alongside him.

Amateur

My most prolific striker from last season..

His first season he was 9 goals and 6 appearances, then out for 8 months... Got many young stars coming through so cashed in

Semi Pro

Personally, my man Michael Vermeer is a poacher and I always give him a complete forward (support) alongside him.
    I've watched your threads crop up about poachers and whatnot (and Vermeer, obviously!). It changes on a season-by-season basis for me. Generally, I'll go for the complete forward in one slot, then the other varies depending on who I've got. Over the past few seasons I've had a advanced forward, a poacher, even a defensive forward at one point. In the Championship, I went for a front 3.. can't remember the exact detaills but there was definitely a poacher in the middle and two hard workers either side of him to get the assists.

I do have one defensive minded formation with a target man and an inside forward in the hole behind him, and that seems to work pretty well too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast