Your most prolific striker?

Who is your most prolific striker? Screenshots most certainly encouraged.

Mine is a newgen on my FM10 save with St. Albans City. I present to you, the GD public, Michel Vermeer, or 'God' as virtual Saints fans in the year 2027 might like to call him.

9MichelVermeer-2.png

9MichelVermeer-3.png

9MichelVermeer-4.png

9MichelVermeer-5.png

He has been simply outstanding for me. I love this guy!

I'm sure others probably have even more prolific strikers but this is the best I have ever had in my whole FM career. He has broken all kinds of records and won all kinds of awards in my save. This guy is all about pure power, pace, strength, technique and finishing ability.

For most of this save, I have been using him as the 'number 9' (i.e. poacher role) in a 4-4-2.

Anyway, please share with us your most prolific striker. As I said above, screenshots would be great. Also, I'd really like to hear about how you fit them into your tactics (e.g. what formation you play them in and what role etc.)

Look forward to seeing some of your best ever forwards!

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been following your career for quite some time now crouchaldinho and even though I have yet to comment in your ongoing career thread I have to say that that is one epic regen you got there. You should do a Let's play Football Manager 2011 on youtube. I would certainly watch it! I'm starving for a real Let's play of Football Manager 2011. Also, congratulations for scoring against AC Milan a dozen of minutes ago. XD Cheers. Those bastards deserve it!

EDIT: Also, is it just me or Michael Vermeer is sad in screenshot 1, 2 and 4 but smiling in 3? What the hell is that all about?

Has to be this guy

2zyvtc1.jpg

Model professional who bangs them in on a regular basis. Outperforms and outscores my poacher (Suter plays as target man) pretty often and never causes any problems. He loves me and I love him. Getting a little older now but is still our main key player. Imo one of the best players in the virtual world of 2033 in my magnificent Man Utd save.

I have been following your career for quite some time now crouchaldinho and even though I have yet to comment in your ongoing career thread I have to say that that is one epic regen you got there.

I know. I love him. :o

You should do a Let's play Football Manager 2011 on youtube. I would certainly watch it! I'm starving for a real Let's play of Football Manager 2011.

Not quite sure what that is? :confused:

Is it just one of the new videos that you can upload on FM11?

Also, congratulations for scoring against AC Milan a dozen of minutes ago. XD Cheers.

No problem. ;)

EDIT: Also, is it just me or Michael Vermeer is sad in screenshot 1, 2 and 4 but smiling in 3? What the hell is that all about?

Looks like it has to do with his morale. In the screenshot where he is smiling, he has 'superb' morale, but in the others it is just 'very good' or 'good'.

Looks like it has to do with his morale. In the screenshot where he is smiling, he has 'superb' morale, but in the others it is just 'very good' or 'good'.

Yes, I found this out a while ago, but it's not always right. Sometimes they're frowning even with superb morale. Dunno if I've seen a smiling face who had poor morale though.

It's a nice addition, makes regens feel more real.

Btw I haven't played any FM/CM since 02/03 before playing FM11. When were regen faces introduced?

Not quite sure what that is? :confused:

"Let's play" is a new phenomenon that has been going on for a while now. Where have you been living over the last 2 years? :D

"Let's play"'s are a sort of walkthroughs where.. ?!someone!? explains the basics of the game (if necessary) and then starts playing the game while commenting it. Each video is about 5 to 15 minutes long. Damn this is hard to explain. It's like trying to explain Football Manager to a girlfriend. It's that hard.

Yes, I found this out a while ago, but it's not always right. Sometimes they're frowning even with superb morale. Dunno if I've seen a smiling face who had poor morale though.

It's a nice addition, makes regens feel more real.

Btw I haven't played any FM/CM since 02/03 before playing FM11. When were regen faces introduced?

I think in FM08.

"Let's play" is a new phenomenon that has been going on for a while now. Where have you been living over the last 2 years? :D

Good question. :D I'm not really good on all of the latest Internet stuff, to be honest. I don't Youtube, Facebook or Twitter. :D

"Let's play"'s are a sort of walkthroughs where.. ?!someone!? explains the basics of the game (if necessary) and then starts playing the game while commenting it. Each video is about 5 to 15 minutes long. Damn this is hard to explain. It's like trying to explain Football Manager to a girlfriend. It's that hard.

Okay, I get the idea. Not sure I would make a very good video though! :p

I had David Villa score 69 in 51 as a poacher for Barca in the first season, no linkage unfortunately though. Otherwise, I generally have good partnerships, i.e a regen Treq and regen poacher for my Bolton side got 72 goals and 41 assists between them in a season.

Has to be this guy

2zyvtc1.jpg

Model professional who bangs them in on a regular basis. Outperforms and outscores my poacher (Suter plays as target man) pretty often and never causes any problems. He loves me and I love him. Getting a little older now but is still our main key player. Imo one of the best players in the virtual world of 2033 in my magnificent Man Utd save.

Great physicals. 29 out of 30 in the league is pretty special too! :thup:

i present Serginho the god, he finished the season from the first screen shot with 43 league goald and 52 overall, then won world golden ball and top scorer in europe, first time i have got a player to win the golden ball and never had a striker score so many in one season, ill need to get back to that save at some point he started the second season on fire, playing him as a poacher, along side messi playing as a trequista but with changed instructions, it works a treat. he is also my most expensive signing ever, he had a terrible season for milan the year before but his stats made me want to spend the cash on him.

serginhoprofileattribut.png

serginhoprofileattribut.png

Jkettdog - you can select the individual season stats by clicking on the arrow to the left of the season you are interested in (in this case, 2011-12) and then the stats will appear at the bottom of the page.

Ta, didn't realise. Changed the screen now.

For a single season, Nelson Oliveira in 2014 for Benfica (since retired) who scored 37 league goals in 30 league games. He went on to become the best striker my game has ever seen after Real Madrid bought him off me and went on an insane goalscoring and average rating spree.

More recently, my top striker before I left Hercules.

70967834.png

Alberto Paloschi, great striker, scored loads of goals for me, but can't provide any screenshot of him because he just retired in my game and didn't want to remain in football. ;(

Now I have these two strikers, both from my academy:

The first one, Pavel Denisenko:

PavelDenisenkoProfile_Attributes-3.png

His history and statistics:

PavelDenisenkoHistory_CareerStats.png

And this young gun, a rising star, Andrea Cucchi:

AndreaCucchiProfile_Attributes.png

Last season was his debut, and didn't disappoint me:

AndreaCucchiHistory_CareerStats.png

My best ever game was on Champ Man 2003 and I had Steven Naismith upfront with Hector Sam in the premier league. Strange combination, but they were both banging them in. Naismith has a ratio of well over a goal a game

Most prolific strikers for me have been David Villa and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Villa is gone now and Ronaldo will soon be leaving.....but fear not. The future is bright. How bright?

See for yourself ;)

burton.png

lobera.png

Hopefully these two will be prolific scorers with this guy playing them in :)

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8902/palmer.png

Through the Tottenham academy, and a Spurs fan? So you'll give 100% every game and never ever want to leave? English as well? And you're called English?

And you''re going to break all previous goalscoring records?

9StuartEnglish-3.png

Yes please. At his peak, he scored 69 goals in one season, 39 of those in the EPL.

Also, check out the awesome foursome he was in.

v7ds9j.jpg

This guy broke Liverpool's goalscoring records by a mile. Had over 600 by the time he left. The best player I've ever had. I left at the end of of 28/29 season, but he stayed for about 10 more years after that, though he ended up playing more as a CM than a Striker towards the end of it, was always brilliant though. As soon as I could I got him as a coach. LEG END.

Through the Tottenham academy, and a Spurs fan? So you'll give 100% every game and never ever want to leave? English as well? And you're called English?

And you''re going to break all previous goalscoring records?

9StuartEnglish-3.png

Yes please. At his peak, he scored 69 goals in one season, 39 of those in the EPL.

Also, check out the awesome foursome he was in.

I love that guy almost as much as you must do!

So English he is called English! Stuart English is such a cool name! :cool:

to be honest i just looked at his record now!! How do people get these strikers scoring so much for so many seasons, i usually get a season maybe two then the AI sticks their entire backline man marking him and he struggles to score!!!

Crouchy i take it thats FM 10 yeah? Did you get him early on and for how much?

How do people get these strikers scoring so much for so many seasons, i usually get a season maybe two then the AI sticks their entire backline man marking him and he struggles to score!!!

Have two of them :D I had another forward who was awesome, but never got anywhere near as many goals. My guy also had the "advantage" that he was fairly injury prone, he'd have one complete season and score shedloads, and then only play about 20 games the next season, so everyone forgot about him.

to be honest i just looked at his record now!! How do people get these strikers scoring so much for so many seasons, i usually get a season maybe two then the AI sticks their entire backline man marking him and he struggles to score!!!

That American guy was just that good. It helped that I had a world class team around him though, and played quite open attacking football(yet as I had a top defence, didn't concede much either. I've never quite replicated the same success though with a striker. Had a couple who've come close, and on my FM2011 save at the moment, I've got a couple regen strikers who could well prove to be his equal.

I used to play with a supporting player up with him though, who was pretty selfless. Though on the rare occasions Vasquez went through a drought, he'd pick up the slack.

I've never had a striker like this guy. He just seems to have everything.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that he is so powerful and physically imposing, as well as being technically excellent.

I mean, if you check his attributes, he is happy getting the ball into feet, running on to through-balls, or receiving crosses into the box. He is powerful and strong, and therefore able to shrug off defenders, and he has the dribbling ability and pace to beat players. His anticipation and off the ball are excellent so he is always going to be getting into good positions. He is also brave, so won't be put off by a battle up front if he is marked tightly or if a defender attempts to shackle him. His technique is excellent and his finishing superb. He is just a complete goalscorer really.

The only thing letting him down is the relatively low composure and also his one footedness but everything else is pretty much perfect.

I broke the club record to sign this guy for £28m from Dortmund. He played three seasons for Ajax, then three for Dortmund and moved to me at the age of 23.

His favourite clubs are Ajax and, now, St. Albans City! His favourite manager is me! :cool:

He has broken all kinds of records and won loads of awards.

I guess now, at the age of 27, he must be somewhere near to reaching his peak?

I really want to see how many goals I can get out of him during his whole career.

I'm interested to know if anyone has had such success with a lone striker?

Most of us with prolific strikers seem to play two up top. I wonder if having the support of a second striker seems to help? Perhaps because a lone striker has to be a more complete player, there is less chance for him to just be an out-and-out goalscorer?

i have never got a one striker formation to work properly in FM, after a few games they always seem to get marked out of the game, so many times ive wanted to play with one lone man, two wide attackers and a very attacking, free role midfielder, but for some reason it just never click. I could maybe try it with my brazilian i have tried him as a complete forward and it seems t work quite well. Like your guy he has amazing physical attributes, i think the pace and strength make a big difference, i have him playing as a poacher with through balls being played into him, works so well.

Khouma Babacar...306 league goals in 356 appearances for my West Ham side...oh and 136 assists. He's the top league goalscorer in West Ham's history, broke the old record of 298. Not to mention the fact he's got 129 goals in 126 games for Senegal! He's won 43 trophies and loads of individual awards, probably the most decorated player I've ever had.

2ptcaow.jpg

2aguvsx.jpg

I'm interested to know if anyone has had such success with a lone striker?

Most of us with prolific strikers seem to play two up top. I wonder if having the support of a second striker seems to help? Perhaps because a lone striker has to be a more complete player, there is less chance for him to just be an out-and-out goalscorer?

I've got one from FM10 with Notts County and David Villa and now Aguero or Hulk for FM11 Barca save :)

There's the 1000 career goal thread in the challenge area which has been a bit devoid of action this year, so if any of you are nearing it you should definitely get logging it in there. There's only 11 since FM06 so it's quite a small clutch of people anyway but heres the rundown of the list for those who aren't aware:

Kerrison [Age 35] (FM09)

Manager : Santy001

Club : Stoke

League : English Premiership

Nation : Brazil (103 Caps, 219 Goals)

Total Goals : 1,946

Paul Wallace [Retired] (FM08)

Manager : NepentheZ

Club : Knockbreda F.C

League : N. Ireland

Nation : N. Irish (42 Caps, 4 Goals)

Total Goals : 1,073