Thread: Norwegian Baths

Amateur

Post Norwegian Baths

Career so far:

Clubs:
    2010 - Enkopings SK - Swedish Division 2 West-Svealand - 12th (relegated)
    2011 - Gjøvik FF - Norwegian 2nd Division Group 4 - 4th
    2012 - Gjøvik FF - Norwegian 2nd Division Group 4 - 2nd
    2013 - Gjøvik FF - Norwegian 2nd Division Group 4 - 2nd (promotion)
    2014 - Gjøvik FF - Norwegian 1st Division - 5th
    2015 - Gjøvik FF - Norwegian 1st Division - 3rd
    2016 - Gjøvik FF - Norwegian 1st Division - 4th & Norwegian Cup winners
    2017-2018 - Sydney FC - Hyundai A-League - (sacked before end of season)
    2018 - Henan Jianye - Chinese First National Division - (sacked before end of season)
    2018 - Kinna IF - Swedish 2dn Division West-Gotaland - 12th (relegated)
    2019-2020 - US Forcoli - Italian Seria C2/B - 17th (relegated)
    2020-2021 - Bath City FC - English Blue Square Bet South - 2nd (promotion)
    2021-2022 - Bath City FC - English Blue Square Bet Premier - 4th
    2022-2023 - Bath City FC - English Blue Square Bet Premier - 1st (promotion)
    2023-2024 - Bath City FC - English npower League 2 - 18th
    2024-2025 - Bath City FC - English npower League 2 - 6th
    2025-2026 - Bath City FC - English npower League 2 - 2nd (promotion)
    2026-2027 - Bath City FC - English npower League 1 - 3rd
    2027-2028 - Bath City FC - English npower League 1 - 2nd (promotion)
    2028-2029 - Bath City FC - English npower Championship - 11th
    2029-2030 - Bath City FC - English npower Championship - 9th
    2030-2031 - Bath City FC - English npower Championship - 5th (promotion)
    2031-2032 - Bath City FC - English Premier League - 18th (relegation)
    2032-2033 - Bath City FC - English npower Championship - 1st (promotion)
    2033-2034 - Bath City FC - English Premier League - 12th
    2034-2035 - Arsenal - English Premier League - 1st, Champions Cup Winners, Carling Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners
    2035-2036 - Arsenal - English Premier League - 1st, FA Cup Winners, World Club Championship Winners, Community Shield Winners
    2036-2037 - Arsenal - English Premier League - 1st, Champions Cup winners, FA Cup Winners, Carling Cup winners, Community Shield Winners
    6/6/2037 - Retired from club management

Nations:
    2024-2025 - Fiji - resigned after major defeats
    2028-2029 - Ukraine under 21 - resigned after accepting Hungary role
    2029-2032 - Hungary - qualified for European Championship, but sacked after poor results in European Championship.
    2033-2034 - USA - qualified for World Cup
    2034-2036 - Spain - qualified for European Championships, but lost in 2nd Round. Resigned after poor results in World Cup qualification

Intro

I’ve put myself for the task of managing a team the LLM-way. I’ve brought teams to successes before, but most of them have been modified in some way, or not according to LLM guidelines. So, to see if I can be a good manager without all the tricks, I started a career the LLM-way.

All the leagues of following countries have been loaded:

Australia, Belgium, China, England, Finland, Italy, Norway, Russia, Spain and Sweden.

I loaded a few countries that have a different schedule as mainland Europe, just to mix it up a bit.

I have both Belgian and Australian nationality so I got this into the game as well. I have no manager experience so I've put myself as “Sunday League” experience, and started off unemployed.

It did not take long before a Swedish team accepted me to manage them. There were about half way the season and were in need of some good results.

Enkopings SK

Swedish Division 2 West-Svealand

The team fired the previous manager due to poor results in the Swedish 2nd division West-Svealand. We were last (12th) with 3 points behind the 2nd last and 6 points behind the 3rd last. We needed to be placed 9th to avoid relegation, or 10th for play offs. Our squad was quite bad, and apparently we were tipped to win the league. Don’t think even Sir Alex Ferguson himself could have won with this squad. We have 1 young striker who seems quite promising but the previous manager did not like him and he stayed on the bench all the time. My mission was clear, since I was only given a half-year contract, I did not focus on next season as there might not even be a next season. So I did not get any new players, but I tried to get a player on loan here and there to improve the squad temporarily, but no one really wanted to play with us. Must work on my negotiation skills…

My young striker turned out to be half decent and scored a few. Unfortunately we conceded heaps because of a bad defense and a terrible goalie. A drunk fan told me after a game that a cardboad cutout would be better. We could not even challenge the 11th spot. We stayed dead last and got relegated to a non-playable league. My contract ran out, and the last thing the board saw of me was my backside.

After my Swedish experience, I went to have a look accross the border and found a country full of teams ready to be managed by an unknown Belgian/Australian manager. Both recently promoted teams Bossekop UL and Gjøvik FF wanted to hire me so I decided to go with the team that has the warmer temperatures.

Gjøvik FF

Norwegian 2nd Division Group 4

Gjøvik is a good opportunity for me to start building up the squad. I started off getting an assman and 2 scouts, who were responsible for the influx of a few good players. The current squad has little talent, so I brought in about 10 players within my given budget. I even stayed well within budget as I figured I would have a better knowledge of the Norwegian market later in the season when my scouts have done their work, and I might be able to sign them. I signed 2 good strikers with very different characteristics. The dynamic duo, nicknamed Laurel & Hardy (since they are small & big), turned out to be magic together. Our season was great and we managed to finish 4th. Laurel was top scorer in the league and Hardy followed not far behind.

The board was happy, and offered me another 1 season contract. Time to hit the market and sign some quality players with the money that I had not yet spent.

Highlight of the season: Playing a cup game at home vs. Stabaek in front of 835 people (our season avg is 300), getting a red card in the 7th minute in the penalty area. 0-1 behind by half time. Came out firing after the break and scored the most beautiful long range shot I’ve seen in FM2011 so far, by our experienced midfielder. Held them 1-1 with 10 people, until the 82nd minute, when they scored 1-2, 1-3 and 1-4. Aside from the last 8 minutes, our team fought like champions.

Gjøvik FF

I brought in a few players and kept our expenditure on wages far below our allowance. This because we had a board take-over in between seasons, and the new Chairman's first action was to get a loan to pay off the debts. I was worried about our next season and our financial situation. I could stay as manager though.

Best player I signed was a 26yo Senegalese fast winger/striker who could fill in for Laurel or Hardy when they got injured. Laurel got injured for the first half dozen of games so the Senegalese side-kick came in handy, and performed quite well: 3 goals out of 7 games. When Laurel recovered, side-kick got moved to the wing and the dynamic duo perfomed in a similar fashion as they did last season, only this time, the goals were evenly spread between the two. Side-kick became player of the year according to our fans, and we ended in an amazing 2nd spot. I secretly hoped on winning the league, but Lorenskog was tipped to win it, and so they did. They were too strong for us. With them out of the league, maybe next season we have a chance.

Highlight of the season: Drew Rosenborg in the first round of the cup at home. Great for the fans, but difficult to get through to the 2nd round. With 30 mins to go we were 2-1 up (after a comeback being 0-1 down), and it looked like we were going to cause an upset. However, their best striker woke up and whacked 3 balls in the back of our nets. Lost 2-4. Not having a lot of luck in the cup. Not really a great highlight, but is was a memorbale moment when Hardy knocked in the 2nd goal. Scoring against Goliath is always memorable.

European Championships:

QF:
    Switserland - England 0-2
    Portugal - Croatia 2-3 et
    Italy - Netherlands 0-2
    France - Spain 0-0 (France wins penalty shoot out)

SF:
    England - France 2-0
    Croatia - Netherlands 2-4

Final:
    England - Netherlands 1-2 et

Gjøvik FF

Gjøvik is constantly in the red, and I hope to see the figures go in the black one day, so I got rid of lots of deadwood to lower my salary expenditure, and I secretly hope we can get a promotion so we could get some more income next season.
    Again I was tipped 25-1 to win the league, but history tells me we are overachievers so surely promotion should be possible.

The last dozen of games of last season, we didn't lose a single match, and we continued the same trend in the new season. We had an unbeatun run since september 2012, and it ended in mid august 2013 after 22 undefeted games. Great run, and it got us up the ladder early in the season. We kept the same trend although nearing the end of the season we slacked off a little by losing to direct competitors for the title and Tromsø 2 eventually won the league. I was pulling my hair out on missing promotion until I realised they can't go up a league since they are a "B" squad so the honour of playing in div 1 next year is ours! A bitter sweet moment, and a welcome promotion.

My best players include Laurel & Hardy again, with both of them nr 1 & 2 topscorers in the league. Laurel had 22 out of 26 and Hardy 17 out of 22. We conceded less this season thanks to our sturdy defence and our goalie who unfortunately decided to play elsewhere next season. We did not have enough money in the bank to keep him. Senegalese sidekick performed great as well, and our seasoned playmaker who managed to get 7 goals and 10 assists out of 24 games. MVP turned out to be Hardy.

We still suck in Cup-games and got kicked out in the 2nd round by div2 team Steinkjer 1-0

Gjøvik FF

Norwegian 1st Division

During the cold winter of 2013-2014, our chairman has been busy and was able to secure a few sponsorship deals, and decided to get a loan to expand our current stadium from 1350 to 2793. That will all be finished next season so thats something to look forward to. I feel the pressure of staying in div1 now. Luckily there was still some money left over for me to strengthen my squad. I'm starting to like this new chairman.
    We signed a new 23yo peruvian playmaker and got an american to replace our goalie who left us for another club. Further we also got a young talented local striker to hopefully replace Laurel when he is too old for this level.

We started off with Laurel in the sick bay, so senegalese sidekick stepped up and scored one after the other. We managed to get 6 wins out of 7 games until both my strikers both got a broken arm in the same game! What are the odds? We lost form and some players got moody so we never reached this same level again. Even late in the season when they recovered again, the level was average. The ranking wasnt too bad since we ended up in a nice 5th place. The honour of MVP this season went to our left wing back since he was the most consistent player. He was one of my first signings and I'm happy to see he finally got some recognition for his good consistent work.

Our finances are starting to look positive as well. We even had a few months where we actually made a profit. With a bigger stadium next year, our financial future is starting to look good.

Another positive sign for the future is a 15yo striker who came into our youth squad at the start of season. He's been performing well in the u19s and the major Scandinavian clubs are following him. Brann, Rosenborg, Lillestrom and the finnish HJK all have publicly announced they want him to play for them next year. He's almost 1st squad material so I gave him a run once in a while and he managed to score 2 goals in 6 matches. Not bad for a 15yo... Hope we can keep him...

The Norwegian Cup is still not our cup of tea. Got kicked out in the 2nd round against 2nd div club Pors Grenland.

World Cup news:

QF:
    Greece - Mexico 1-0
    Scotland - Croatia 1-2
    Spain - Argentina 0-2
    Italy - France 2-0

SF:
    Greece - Croatia 1-0
    Argentina - Italy 0-1
    3rd:
    Croatia - Argentina 3-2

Final:
    Greece - Italy 0-1

Gjøvik FF

Norwegian 1st Division

2015 is a transition year as we welcome a fair few young players, and we say goodbye to a couple of old(er) players.

Senegalese Sidekick wanted to go to a bigger club, and last season I had promised him that I would let him go after the season, so I offered him to interested clubs for a nice price. Now he is playing in Spain for Guadelajara. A few others left with contracts I didn't want to extend because I wanted to free up some money for better and younger players to try to rush to the premiership in a few seasons. My scouts have done great work and I have signed a few people that are very promising players, including an 18yo Nigerian striker who joined us mid-season.

These teenagers have delivered some good results at this level and surprisingly we were contenders for promotion. Five draws in the last 6 games saw us miss out on promotion, but finishing 3rd with a young squad is very promising for the future. Laurel is too old so he has played in the 2nd team this season and his contract wont be extended, while Hardy is slow-ish but he is still better than his younger and faster team mates. Too bad I had to say goodbye to the dynamic duo, but at this level we needed some faster players.

Our MVP is our newly acquired 19yo, 199cm tall Centre Back. Very consistent for his age and a great talent for the future. Special mention also for our Nigerian gun as he joined us mid season, and was solely responsible for getting us from 7th spot to 3rd. Deportivo is now interested in him.

The cup was slightly better this season and we managed to get to the 3rd round this time. We got kicked out by premiership team Odd Grenland.

Gjøvik FF

Norwegian 1st Division

With the 3rd spot and the financial benefits attached to it, I asked the board to build a youth academy, and surprisingly, they agreed! I have been very lucky so far with 2 players coming through our youth ranks that have somehow made an impact on the first team. This season nothing decent came through so I hope we'll get some more good ones in the future. Our chairman also decided we convert 2000 of the 2793 standing spots of our stadium to seats. Brilliant idea mate!

My request of scouting different areas was also approved and it brought us a talented fast 19yo spaghetti loving italian CB. No other players were brought in as I want to make these youngster gel with not too much change every season.

To my surprise, we did not get to the same level as we did last year and never challenged the titel. We were constantly between 7th and 12th spot throughout the season, but a last surge at the end of the season saw us claiming a 4th spot. Best ranking all season and happy we actually made it up to that spot. It didn't help our nigerian striker was on international duty or injured half of the season, and our other strikers could not find the goals. Nigerian Striker got MVP for the year, even though he missed half of the season. He is been followed by most of the major clubs in Europe. Jose Mourinho's successor at Real Madrid even personally came to have a look at him in one of our home games. Too bad we couldn't offer him a seat as our stadium hadn't build the seats yet.

The cup was a different story this year. We finally got some results by actually winning the damn thing! We defeated 5 Premiership teams: Stabaek (2nd place in Premiership), Aalesund (12th), Rosenborg on penalties (3rd), Valerenga (9th) and the final against Fredrikstad (7th). 2-1 after extra time. I felt euphoric, surprised, disbelief, confused and worried at the same time. Not bad for a div 1 team to qualify for Europe. I made it on the favourite staff list of the club because of this. Yay!

European Championships:

QF:
    Germany - Scotland 2-0
    France - Italy 1-2
    Turkey - England 0-1
    Wales - Croatia 1-2

Semi:
    Germany - Italy 2-3
    England - Croatia 2-1

Final:
    Italy - England 2-1

Gjøvik FF

Norwegian 1st Division

With the good results came a sh!tload of money for our moderate sized club. I didn't need a lot of conviction to pursuade the chairman to expand the stadium since we got a lot of money in the bank and a promotion to the highest norwegian level is imminent. He's planning it for the next year.

I also tried very hard signing some experienced players that can help me in Europe this season, but none of them would even negotiate a contract. As a response, I've send my scouts to a few african countries to try my luck there. Snapped up a Ivorian AM C/S to replace my nigerian gun striker as he doesn't want to extend his contract that ends at the end of this season. I'm expecting to sell him in August when I finished my European adventure and the rest of Europe still has their transferwindow open. At least I'll get some money out of him then. When I am about to sign 3 young Nigerian lads, Sydney FC came knocking on my door, offering me a 3 year contract for 4x the wage that I got at Gjovik. We just won our first league game with 3-0 vs Haugesund who relegated from the premiership last year and is tipped to win the league, making the decision to jump ship even harder. There is no doubt in my mind that Gjovik will be promoted this season with the quality of players we have now. The only question is: Will I bring them to the Premiership? I switched off my computer and went to sleep to have a think about it.

2017-2018

Sydney FC

Hyundai A-League

The Gjovik local newspaper called me a money obsessed manager with a stone cold heart. My former club didn't appreciate it either as I was promptly removed from the favourite staff list. Don't mind all the success I brought to my ex-club, including making sure there is plenty of money in the bank to succeed at the highest level. My successor didn't start off that well with a 5th spot after 8 games, and he sold Nigerian gun striker to Al-Ahli for an amount so pityfull, the club barely made any profit out of the sale. What an AI-muppet!
    Oh well, looking forward to play ball in the soaring temperatures in Sydney. Something I haven't felt in the past 7 seasons.

The club had a 3mil AUD debt, and little cash for transfers. Our best striker got transferred to Valerenga and I couldn't extend the contracts of the promising youngsters as they were demanding more money than the board would allow me. Oh boy... do I feel sorry for this move already.
    Anyway, I joined Sydney in late april and was able to send my scouts around the globe to find some cheap and decent players before the season started. I bought an australian promising winger, and a Nigerian striker (again), from the same agent as the nigerian gun. I'm on his favourites list now... sweet! And some other youngster who seem like a good investment.

The results during the season were terrible. We got heaps of penalties and red cards against and we barely won any games. The morale dropped for both players and board and after 12 games in the season we were dead last with 2 wins and 1 draw. The position of Adelaide United became available and I thought I'd give that a crack as we were going nowhere. The board was not happy with my interest in another club, and even after my public apology, Sydney FC sacked me.

I stayed in my rented apartment overlooking Circular Quay for a few weeks while thinking about my future. I did not have to think too long since 2 teams were throwing contracts at my head. Welling Utd (BSS) and Henan Jianye (Chinese 1st nat). I love Chinese food so I went for the latter.

Henan Jianye

Chinese First National Division

Henan is a club that has played at the highest level in China, but somehow got relegated and is now struggling to get back in the highest division. The news reporter called it a step back for me, but with such a financially healthy club, and some good (old) players we should be able to challenge the title as the board expects me to. The previous manager got sacked for ending third... Scary times await if I don't get promoted.

With the excessive amount of money, I brought in a ******** of promising young players (x=9), so we can build towards the future. Our Bosnian full back welcomed 4 new young signings and he is rapidly becoming Mr. Social of the team. They always laugh with him when his strong Bosnian accent gets out of control after a few Tsingtao's too many.

Our pre-season was brilliant with 4 games against top division teams and all of them were won comfortably. Unfortunately, that is no indication of how the season will be. We won and lost a few and were 5th mid-season. We did well in the cup though as we qualified for the semi finals, but the board decided my reign at Henan was over after we lost 3-2 to leader Anhui. We played beautifully and were ahead 0-2 until we got 2 red cards in the 2nd half and lost eventually. Matches like this was pretty much what happened all season. We were 9th when I got the sack. Bummer, cause I enjoyed my time here in China.

World Cup:

QF:
    Congo-France 1-0
    Israel-Brazil 1-2
    Mexico-Argentina 0-4
    Chili-Germany 2-3

SF:
    Congo-Germany 2-1 et
    Brazil-Argentina 1-0

Final:
    Congo-Brazil 0-0 (pen 1-4)

Kinna IF

Swedish 2dn Division West-Gotaland

Kinna needed a manager for their last 4 games in the Swedish 2nd division. Basically they were last on the ladder, and they needed some idiot to try and win their last games to make sure they avoided relegation or at least get into a spot for a play off position. That idiot turned out to be me. They were tipped to be 8th in the league so a disappointing 12th spot made the previous manager pack his suitcases. I had a good look at the team, decided on a radical change in tactics, and failed. We did win our first game, but it didn't help that the next 3 games were against the 2nd, 3rd and 6th in the league. A loss, loss and a loss. As usual, the last game saw our team getting a red card while we were in control of the game and losing it with 0-2. Soon after, I met the previous manager in the airport and we had a good laugh about the team while waiting for our plane to arrive to get the hell out of Sweden.

After months of holidaying accross Europe, I finally landed a contract at newly promoted Seria C2 club US Forcoli.

2019-2020

US Forcoli

Italian Seria C2/B

The club was founded in 1921 and has never played at Seria C2 level before.
    I had to get new staff and players in if I was to survive in the league. I only had 1.5 months to find players and decided to invest in good defenders, and a few other key players that could lead the club to hopefully a mid-table finish. I managed to stay within my given budget.

We didn't survive the group stage of the Seria C Cup, but we managed to get some promising results early in the league. Instead of the expected 17th (out of 18 teams) position, after 6 games we were ranked 12th, and it all went downhill from then onwards. We plumeted to 17th spot and stayed there pretty much the whole season. A few wins nearing the end of the season made us swap positions with the other play-off placed teams, but in the end we finished 17th.

The board offered me a contract for one more year, but I told them to wait until the end of the season as we might be back in the Seria D.
    We played 1-1 at home in the play-offs against Prato, and were 2-2 in Prato with 10 mins to go. I had to put everything on attack since they are going through if we don't win. They changed their line-up which screwed me over and I eventually lost 5-2. Needless to say I didn't extend my contract at US Forcoli.

European Championships 2020:

QF:
    Bulgaria-Serbia 3-1
    Germany-France 0-2
    Switzerland-Portugal 1-0
    Holland-Greece 1-0

SF:
    Bulgaria-Holland 0-2 et
    France-Switzerland 1-0

Final:
    Holland-France 1-0

A quick look at my previous team Gjovik: they are still in div1 in Norway, around mid-table. The Nigerian gun striker I had there is now one of the best strikers in the Bundesliga, playing for 1.FC Koln. 25 goals out of 34 games is quite impressive, and has been called up for the Nigerian national team as well. Gjovik is still his favourite team.

2020-2021

Bath City FC

English Blue Square Bet South

This team has been yo-yoing between BSS and BSP for the last 10 years. They just relegated to BSS when I took over and the board expects a top 5 finish. Luckily they don't demand to go back to BSP straight away. The team looks good, aside from a few high paid players that are relatively good so it should be a fun season.

I brought in a few young defenders and attackers as our current squad was ageing. The season started off quite well with the team hovering between 7th and 3rd spot all the way to mid-season. We picked up the pace and managed to finish in a 2nd spot, 7 points behind the champions Dover. The board was happy so they extended my contract. After a few failures, it felt good to be wanted again and I signed for a 2nd season with Bath City.

Ending 2nd gives you the right to battle it our with 3 other teams for the last promotion spot to the BSP. Bishop's Stortford was pushed aside 3-2 in our first game, and we met Wealdstone in the final. They are the revelation of the season as they were just promoted and expected to finish 21st. We drew 0-0 at home, untill our experienced overpaid striker woke up and netted 2 balls in extra time, securing promotion to BSP. Too bad he is moving to Sligo Rovers next season, but then again, I got a few youngsters who could fill his position.

Our performance in the FA Cup and FA Trophy this season isn't worth mentioning as we got kicked out straight away.

My speedy young striker I signed for free at the start of the season received player of the year in BSP. He's got a great record with 14 goals, 22 assists, 7.29avg in 33 games. Topscorer and crowd favourite is my 2m tall CB who knocked in 19 goals in 33 games.

PS: Gjovik finally got promoted to the Norwegian Premiership. Good on them!
    Last edited by laBOMBA; 30-08-2011 at 03:13.

Amateur

Bwhahahaa. I love it. You found success, happiness, and then boredom. So you went off galavanting the world, Bruce Bundaberg style, and it turned out to be a horrible mistake, Bruce Bundaberg style.

A drunk fan told me after a game that a cardboad cutout would be better.
    Sorry about that. *hic*

KUTGW! :thumbsup:

Amateur

On the brightside, I learnt so many languages though. Aside from English, Dutch, French and German, I am also fluent in Swedish, Norwegian and Italian, and I know a little Mandarin. That's 8 languages!

Semi Pro
    You've gotta hang on to the trip you're on

Good effort, that man

Amateur

2021-2022

Bath City FC

English Blue Square Bet Premier

I didn't extend lots of contracts so my players squad reduced in size, which compensated for the extra wages I have to pay to remaining players that got a salary increase due to going up a league. I did have to get a few players in so I got 1 goalie in, and he is the only one so better not be injury prone, an English/Hong Kong defender and a young striker who's contract ran out at Fulham. With that last striker we just exceeded our wage budget but I could not let him slip through my fingers as he looks like a winner.

The media predicted us 21st (out of 24) and the board wanted me to battle against relegation. We had a lot of injuries in midfield so halfway the season I was forced to get a portuguese midfielder in. We did not lose a lot, but we also did not win a lot, except for a final rush of wins against direct competitors near the end of the season and we managed to end 4th in the league. Play off-time! Farnborough was pushed aside 5-2agg, and the crowd at Wembley saw how Dartford beat us with 0-2. BSP next season again... bummer.

The FA Trophy was average with a 2nd round loss to Weston-super-Mare (BSS), but the FA Cup turned out to be our cash cow of the season, wins against Barnet (L2), Macclesfield (L2), Brighton and Hove Albion (CH) and we were up to Spurs in the fourth round at White Heart Lane. A 1-0 penalty loss! We did not play great, but they didn't either, a draw would have been a fair result... If only my defender did not lose his concentration for that split second...

Our figures are back in the black, and the money we won out of the FA Cup was spent on a brand new shiny youth academy. Thanks board!

Our speedy striker is again best player of the league (but the BSP this year) with 17 goals and 17 assists out of 35 games, and also got awarded MVP of our club.

World Cup (in China)

QF:
    Romania - Argentina p1-1
    England - Mali 3-2
    Brazil - Chili 1-0
    France - Portugal 1-3

SF:
    Romania - Portugal 0-1
    England - Brazil 1-0

Final:
    England - Portugal 1-2

A famous portuguese coach, and one of the best managers in the world, lead his beloved country to victory in this world cup, and decided to retire straight after. He is now 59yo.
    Last edited by laBOMBA; 21-02-2011 at 08:57. Reason: added WC results

Amateur

Good read, shame you left Gjøvik, would be interesting if you tried to go back!

Amateur

I publicly announced I was interested in the Gjovik position if it became available because of bad results of the current manager, but they laughed at my open application so I took the job in Italy instead. The manager had to go eventually in 2021 when the chairman stepped back and the director took over his spot. 2 board takeovers in 10 years!

Amateur

2022-2023

Bath City FC

English Blue Square Bet Premier

I finally got a transfer budget, but I didn't need to use it as there are plenty of good free players on the market. I brought in 4 new players, 3 of them that could make an immediate impact. An 18yo MC from Liverpool, an irish AM(C)/S from Aston Villa and an italian striker from Roma. With my stars from last season, we look like we would easily finish top 5 this season.

Halfway the season, we were nr.1 and had a gap of 14pts with the nr. 2, Chelmsford. I also decided to bring in a 2nd goalie, since I have been playing with only 1 so far. Sure enough, as soon as the new goalie comes in, my first goalie gets injured for 3 weeks. This lead to a run of draws and losses, including the FA Trophy. When my numero 1 then returned, everything turned back to normal and we were able to maintain the lead and safely win BSP with 8 pts ahead of Stalybridge. There was dancing, (ahem...some) consumption of alcohol and an overwhelming euphoric feeling. It's been 12 years in the making but it finally happened: my first LLM league win!

The FA Cup this year was a bit disappointing, with a loss to Bromley (BSP) in the first round, and the FA Trophy wasn't too flash either with a 2nd round loss to Farnborough.

My 2 key players are still the same fast pacey striker (22yo) who takes care of all the free kicks and corners, and knows how to find my giant 2m defender (26yo) who again knocked in 19 goals this season. It's fun to see him rise above the opponents defenders at every free kick and corner. Imagine what he could do if he actually had good heading skills!

EDIT: Noticed that my 2m defender is now a club Legend! A short history about him: He came through Leicesters academy, but was signed by Bath City in 2014 and had moderate successes with season averages around 6.5-6.7. Only when I took charge of Bath in 2020, his averages went to 7.2-7.7 over the following three seasons. He also started scoring with 19-8-19 goals in the last 3 seasons. His career stats so far are: 302 games, 48 goals, 10 ast, 31 MoM, 6.94 avg.
    Last edited by laBOMBA; 02-03-2011 at 07:50. Reason: stats added

Amateur

2023-2024

Bath City FC

English npower League 2

"Bath goes Pro", as headlined by the local Bath newspaper at the start of the season. The article continued that we will have our hands full with battling against relegation since they predict us to finish 23rd.

Our newly built academy produced its first promising player. A 15yo, 2m giant striker! And I'm imagining he still needs to grow. The local carpenter had to increase the height of our doors in our club facilities and I gave him 2 free season tickets for the trouble. A few young players came in and a few oldies left the building with the oversized doors. I mainly focused on defence as my current defence is in their prime and I want to give some youngsters a go to take over in a few seasons. The best one seems to be a 193cm tall flying dutchman from Heerenveen. He might just be the successor of my current 2m tall legendary defender. I also acquired the services of a talented 19yo Hungarian goalie in the january transfer window. He looks like he'll be the nr1 choice between the Hungarian posts soon-ish.

The season wasn't either good nor bad. We had a couple of great results, but also runs of defeats. We climed up to first spot after 7 games, went back down to 13th, back up to 7th where we hovered for a while, and a serie of 9 defeats in a row near the end of the season meant we dropped to 18th spot. Still, the board was happy, but most my players weren't. Quite annoying since I didn't extend contracts at the start of the season and now a few of them are too ****ed off to extend it. Suddenly next season is not looking too good.

The FA Cup was ok, 4th round loss at Grimsby (L1).
    Out in the Vans Trophy in the first round in Wycombe (L1) on penalties.
    Out in the League Cup in the 2nd Round at home vs Middlesbrough (CH)

MVP is again my 2m tall defender and the Top goalscorer of the season is my italian import who joined us last season from AS Roma but failed to impress. This season he was a lot better and scored 18 out of 34 games.

European Championship 2024 (England)

QF:
    Russia - Romania 2-4
    Belgium - Germany 2-2 pen
    Italy - Portugal 1-0
    Ukraine - France 1-3 et

SF:
    Romania - France 0-1
    Germany - Italy 0-1

Final:
    France - Italy 0-0 (France wins on penalties)

Amateur

How'd the mutant child go?

Amateur

He did well in the u18 league. 11 goals out of 19 games and 4 times MoM. I'm trying to get him some first team experience by offering him up for loan.

Amateur

I thought I'd give an update on the Champions League winners and Euro Cup of past seasons.

CL:
    10-11 Bayern - Arsenal 3-4 et
    11-12 Inter - Real Madrid 2-0
    12-13 Barcelona - Real Madrid 1-1 (Barca on pen)
    13-14 Man U - Barcelona 0-1
    14-15 At. Madrid - Man City 0-0 (Man City on pen)
    15-16 Man City - Real Madrid 2-3
    16-17 Man U - Barcelona 1-1 (Man U on pen)
    17-18 Barcelona - Juventus 1-2 et
    18-19 Ol Lyon - Man City 1-3
    19-20 Man City - Man U 0-1
    20-21 Arsenal - FC Bayern 1-1 (Arsenal on pen)
    21-22 Man U - Barcelona 0-0 (Man U on pen)
    22-23 Ol Lyon - Inter 1-3

So far, no German team has won in the CL and no Chelsea to be spotted in the finals.

EC:
    10-11 Sporting - Liverpool 0-1 et
    11-12 Fc Bayern - Rubin Kazan 4-3 et
    12-13 Man U - CSKA 1-0
    13-14 Inter - Chelsea 1-2
    14-15 Porto - AC Milan 0-1
    15-16 Benfica - Villareal 1-1 (Benfica on pen)
    16-17 Arsenal - Liverpool 2-0
    17-18 Sevilla - Arsenal 0-1
    18-19 Liverpool - Malaga 2-0
    19-20 HSV - Ol Marseille 1-2
    20-21 Lazio - Chelsea 3-5 et
    21-22 Wolfsburg - Shaktar 3-1
    22-23 Everton - Spartak Moscow 2-1

Well done on Everton and Wolfsburg

Amateur

7 out of the last 10 champions league finals for a Manchester side... The centre of world football!
    Last edited by f1dave; 28-03-2011 at 14:36. Reason: erm, I can't count?

Part-Timer

Not 7 out of the last 10?
    Last edited by mr8kc; 30-03-2011 at 07:15.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by f1dave View Post
    7 out of the last 10 champions league finals for a Manchester side... The centre of world football!
    They sure are in my save game. Both Manchester teams are in the top5 richest clubs. However it is slightly rigged as most top clubs (Barca, Arsenal, Lazio, Inter,...) have hired crap managers that used to be youth trainers within the club. This is supposed to be fixed with 11.3 so hopefully we'll get top managers for top clubs again.

Part-Timer

Just as I was about to get all smug about no Manchester based shenanigans in my save... up pops a Manchester United - Manchester City Champions League final

Amateur

2024-2025

Bath City FC

English npower League 2

After a few of my key players left the team, I was able to attract 4 new players and I felt quite comfortable to cruise to a mid-table position this season. The media only predicted us to be 21st but I hardly ever trust their opinion anymore. The start was brilliant and we were in the top 3 up until december. It went a bit downhill again and people started moaning. We dropped to 13th and after trying different things to get back on track, I decided to give the AssMan a go at putting a line-up together. The ******* was right and we started winning again. A talented Nigerian midfielder/striker joined us in Jan and played quite well for 6 games after which he got injured for the rest of the season. We still managed to have a good run and ended 6th in the League. Weirdest thing this season was that every guy I put on the left back position got injured within a few games. 3 people suffered this faith and I had to give my u18 left back a few games until the others recovered.

In the play offs, we played Aldershot and lost 0-1 at home, and won 1-2 at Aldershot. Penalties decided they should go through to the final which they eventually won from Histon.

FA CUP: lost to rivals Salisbury (L2) in round 2
    Carling Cup: lost to Charlton (CH) in round 3
    Paint Trophy: lost to Stevenage (L2) in round 2

MVP: again, my 2m defender, even though I put him on the bench to give the flying dutchman a go. 29 games, 9 goals and and avg of 7.22. you beauty!
    Top Scorer: my italian striker scored a decent 23 goals out of 46 games and was 3rd topscorer of the league.

I also got my first international gig by managing Fiji at the start of the season. This sun soaked group of Islands is a welcome change to the cold and rainy England. I guess my Australian heritage pays off. It started off quite bad with 0-4 loss to Papua New Guinea and a 0-2 loss to Myanmar in friendlies. We did luckily win from Samoa with 1-0, all in preparation for the Confederations Cup in June 2025.

EDIT: I decided to resign from Fiji as I considered it to be a waste of time trying to get some results while we get our @sses kicked by Mexico 6-0 and Brazil 11-0 in the Confederations Cup.
    Last edited by laBOMBA; 06-05-2011 at 02:56. Reason: scores added, fixed a typ-o

Amateur

Carlton Town? In the Champo? You're having a giraffe!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by f1dave View Post
    Carlton Town? In the Champo? You're having a giraffe!
    Charlton obviously, only Salisbury has made it from the depths of the lower leagues to League 2.

Amateur

2025-2026

Bath City FC

English npower League 2

I moved a few players to the B squad, including speedy striker who brought our team to success in 2020-2023. He is still speedy, but has probably peaked and won't grow much anymore. So he'll be a good B-squad player who can fill in if my top strikers get injured. I brought in an att mid from Sheffield Utd, and a left/right back from Everton and I spent some money on a cheap young Croatian striker from Hadjuk. The newspaper accused me of spending a high transfer fee of £1K for the transfer. Seriously?? I got a transfer budget of £150K, and my scouts tell me he can be a superior player in the Championship in the future.

I also got a few offers for my nigerian star who only has played 6 games for us so far. He's got a 2year contract with me so I wont sell him this year yet.
    Speaking of Nigerian players, the guy I bought while at Gjovik in 2016, that then went on to play in Saudi Arabia and FC Bayern is now being transferred to Man City and waiting for a permit. He is now 27 and developed into an awesome player. The new Nigerian I got in my squad now could hopefully do a similar feat.

My academy has been blessed with a 16yo goalie that has quite good skills already so I put him on the bench as 2nd goalie of the senior squad. My Assman tells me he'll be a really good player in the future. Can't wait to see him develop.

We started ok, then had a run of unbeaten games which brought us to 1st place, then slacked off a bit and dropped to 7th. Then around february, the croatian decided to play for real and scored a half a dozen hattricks which lead us winning a lot of games and rising up the ladder to 2nd place behind Rotherham, and secured promotion. He climed up the rankings in the topscorers list and was awarded 2nd best player of the league. I honestly didn't expect this as I brought him in to have a bit more depth in the squad.

Highlight of the season was beating Brighton and Hove Albion (CH) for the 3rd time in the FA Cup during my reign at Bath. They must really hate us now. We eventually got kicked out in the 4th round by Preston (CH).
    Carling Cup: 2nd round loss to Derby (CH)
    Paint Trophy: 1st round loss to Wycombe (L2)
    MVP & Top scorer: the croatian, he scored 29 goals out of 37 games, 5 assists and 10 MoM. And that's just his football performance. I'm sure he scores as much besides the pitch as he appears to be quite attractive according to the misses.
    Last edited by laBOMBA; 06-05-2011 at 05:12. Reason: MVP added

Amateur

World Cup 2026 (Mexico)
    QF:
    Hungary - France 1-2
    Italy - Russia 1-0
    Spain - Portugal 1-2
    England - Tunisia 1-0 et

SF:
    France - Italy 0-1
    Portugal - England 0-1 et

Final:
    Italy - England 2-1 et

Amateur

2026-2027

Bath City FC

English npower League 1

I brought in 4 players: A 17yo Slovakian long range shooter in midfield, an old Norwegian goalie (mainly to tutor my now 17yo talented goalie), an amazing 21 yo playmaker from Chelsea on a free (but I'm paying a ******** though) and a young defender who'll take a spot in the youth squad and hopefully develop into a good player once I reach the Championship.

When the Slovakian sniper settled after a few games, he scored quite a few goals from long range, and really nice ones too! It didn't take long before we received an offer from Espanyol that the board gladly accepted behind my back. I would've asked for more... Anyway, the season was quite boring up to february: won a third, drew a third and lost a third of our games. After feb, we collectively played really well and started winning like crazy: 12 games in a row without defeat. With 3 games to go, there was only 4 points difference between 2nd and 7th. We were 4th and still had to play Rotherham (7th), QPR (1st) and Shrewsbury (6th). We win the first two games which put us in 2nd place and promotion if we can get 1 point at home in our last game vs Shrewsbury. Off course, we lose 1-2 with an own goal by our captain... and ending our 14 game non-losing streak.
    We get Shrewsbury again in the play-off and lose 1-3 agg. Chairman also announced he cancelled the youth facilities expansion due to lack of funds. Grrrrrr..... tempted to press the resign button... He then sold my quality nigerian AMC for a lot of money as well and I was really disgusted by the chairman. I gave him the chance to upgrade the training facilities with the extra funds, and asked if he could increast the transfer budget which he did. Otherwise I would have walked. Still annoyed though and I'm getting itchy feet.

FA CUP: 4th round loss to Aston Villa (PRM)
    Paint Trophy: Quarter Final loss to Yeovil (L2)
    Carling Cup: First round loss to Crystal Palace (CH)

MVP & Topscorer: same as last year, the croatian. 2nd best goalscorer of League 1 with 25 goals out of 41 games, avg 7.24. He also scored 5 goals out of 9 cupgames bringing his total to 30.

Other news: My nigerian gun I bought while at Gjovik has also won the champions league with ManCity. He was topscorer and received the golden boot! He refused ManCity's contract renewal offer as the offered wage is too low according to him. Even Barca can't offer him a good enough contract. Spoilt little brat!

Amateur

Default Champagne Baths

2027-2028

Bath City FC

English npower League 1

I let go of a few people who I don't believe are regulars on this level and I brought in a few players. I don't have a massive wage budget like other clubs have, and I like to have a lot of depth in my squad so it is becoming hard to sign quality players as I just can't afford them. So I loaned a good AMC to replace my Nigerian who the chairman gladly sold without consulting me. The squad was quite thinly populated in defence so I brought in a spanish 18yo loanee from Arsenal and acquired the services few youngsters that would either be benchwarmers, or get a shot once in while in the starting eleven. My best signing looks like it would be a welsh 23 yo striker, who just had his first cap for Wales.

I am also setting up a better youth system than before by trying to get free or cheap players in so that they could bolster into good players for the Championship, or I can always sell them with profit if they don't get that far.

Even though my training facilities are being upgraded, the board is still annoying me. They keep on talking how good it was to sell the Nigerian, but they frown upon my actions of releasing players who don't make the cut anymore. Even the youth I'm bringing in don't get the respect from the board, while some of them are obviously talented.

The season started ok with a few wins early on, but we then lost a few in a row and we dropped to 13th. After that, we got ourselves involved into a great winning streak and by Christmas we were sitting proudly on top of the league. The depth of our squad made sure of that as I had about 6 injuries at that time. We stayed on top of the league and ran away from everybody else except Norwich. They continuously were 4 pts behind us until we lost a bit of form with 6 games to go, and we lost to them 3-2 in the third last game of the season. This brought us equally first. They have a better goal difference so they were on top and stayed there after the last 2 games. Bummer of not winning the league, but seeing we were 13pts ahead of the nr.3, we were both the best teams of the league. Bath in the Championship... who would have thought.

The board cancelled the training facilities upgrade again due to lack of funds. I'm starting to think he is a cheap ******* who can't really do business very well as he hasn't brought in any new money since I am at the club. I'm secretly hoping for a board takeover next season cause we really need to expand our stadium now that we're in the Championship.

The cups were ok this season:
    Carling Cup: beat Newcastle in the 3rd round, but lost to Chelsea in the next.
    FA Cup: 2nd round loss to Ebbsfleet (L1)
    Paint Trophy: Got to the semi final, but lost to Southend (L1).

MVP & top goalscorer: the italian striker from Roma again. He's been a bit invisible last 2 seasons, but he came back and proved his worth for the club.

European Championship 2028 (Portugal)

QF:
    England - Ukraine 3-0
    Spain - Holland 2-0
    Scotland - Romania 3-0
    France - Turkey 3-0

SF:
    England - France 1-4
    Scotland - Spain 2-3

Final:
    France - Spain 2-1et
    Last edited by laBOMBA; 26-05-2011 at 01:19. Reason: screwed up cup results, EurCh added

Amateur

2028-2029

Bath City FC

English npower Championship

Sadly, I had to say goodbye to a few first team players (including last years italian top goalscorer) as I couldn't extend their contract since their greedy agents asked for way to much that I could offer them. However, I was able to get a great scottish 22yo AMC from ManU for free, and I strengthened my youth squad with some potential stars, including a tall spanish defender that the media dubbed to be the new ..... (plays for Villareal and has 67Caps). We also welcomed 2 africans mid-season: a senegalese DRC, and an ivorian striker. They both did not have a great start (injuries, red card for the senegalese and no goals in the first 12 games for the ivorian) but eventually started playing well towards the end of the season.

The season was pretty succesfull with some great games and a few defeats in a row. We were always moving up and down between 9th and 18th position and the last few games we were even challenging a play-off spot but we still had to play the big guns. We lost some points in those games, but we proudly finished 11th.

I've finally been noticed by other clubs again and I've been linked to several clubs during the season: Peterborough and Southampton but I didn't want that since they are in the same division and I finished higher with Bath City. Norwegian club Stabaek offered me a contract of 2.5x the wage at Bath but I still rejected. I don't want to make the same mistake as I did with Gjovik, even though Stabaek qualified for the Euro Cup. I'll stick with Bath until we at least reached the Premiership. I don't want to end up like Bruce Bundaberg.

Highlight of the season: Winning to Arsenal at home in the 4th round of the FA Cup. First time we ever play them and we did not get a single shot at goal, except in the 73rd min when they scrambled a ball away and it landed in the feet of my ivorian striker who booted it past 3 defenders and the goalie in the net. The only shot we made all game, and what an important one!

MVP: a DM/MC player who has never won it before but has been very consistent for the past 7 years he has played for Bath City. I signed him in 2022 while we were in BSP, and he has been in the starting 11 every time. He has grown together with the team and I consider him one of the key players that have helped us into the Championship. He originally came from Liverpool.
    Top goalscorer: the honour goes back to the croatian with (only) 14 goals out of 33 games
    Last edited by laBOMBA; 30-05-2011 at 07:21.

Part-Timer

Gah! Player naming! :duck:

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mr8kc View Post
    Gah! Player naming! :duck:
    Fixed....
    Bruce Bundaberg is referring to another retired manager in a different LLM thread, so I believe that should be ok.

Amateur

nice one. how are gjovik going?

Amateur

Gjøvik played in the Norwegian Premiership for 5 years up till 2026. They never got higher than 9th spot and no Cup wins either. After a few years in Div1 they got promoted again this season (2030)

markyosullivan

KUTGW! Good read!

Amateur

2029-2030

Bath City FC

Since I have a fairly youthfull squad, a few big teams are circling like vultures to snap up my good players. My Assman accepted another 2 offers from Premiership clubs behind my back (scottish AMC to NottForest, and senegalese defender to Spurs), but in all honesty, I would have accepted them as well since they offered a lot of money. Our financial state is now switched to "secure" and I can finally start nagging to improve pretty much everything. The 8880 people stadium is now converted into an all seater and we get an upgrade of both youth and training facilities. I also got a big transfer budget but havent used it so far. I think the stadium was a waste of money as I would have rather built a new one since it doesn't look like there is an expansion possibility.

I got a few players in: a talented moroccan MC, an U21 capped english AMC/ST from Arsenal, a decent german DM from Sampdoria and an old slovakian GK as a 2nd goalie since my norwegian 2nd goalie retired and is now our GK-coach. My academy goalie is now 20. He is my nr1 and has played for the U21 national team. He was 3rd best goalie at the 2029 u20 World Cup. He is progressing quite well and I hope I can keep him.

I also wanted to get back into international management so I offered my services to a few national teams that sacked the coach after failing to qualify for the World Cup. Surprisingly Hungary accepted my offer. Not a bad team to be honest and we have Northern Ireland, Norway, Russia and Slovakia in our qualification group for the European Championships 2032. I just had authentic Hungarian goulash the other day and I am looking forward to taste more of Hungary.

Our season was similar to last season, but with the difference that we played a few positions higher, dropping in and out play-off zone. In february, both my keepers got injured for 2 months and I drafted my reserve keeper to play in the first squad. We lost form a bit and dropped to 9th, where we eventually stranded. Looking back, the season wasn't too bad, but I feel I need to get these quality players that can lift the whole team, instead of working with youngsters all the time.

FA Cup: Surprisingly lost in the 4th round to Crystal Palace(CH)
    Carling Cup: 4th round loss at Chelsea 4-1

MVP: Interestingly enough, a 21yo defender that joined us from ManU in 2026 in the U18's and Reserves. This is only his 2nd season in the senior squad and he has played great! Based on his attributes, he doesn't really look Championship-quality yet. But he managed to earn his spot in the starting 11.
    Top Goalscorer: The croatian again with 12 goals out of 34 games. Not very much, but as stated before, I have a lot of depth in the squad and no one is really head and shoulders above the rest.

Third Team

Maybe you would've got promotion if you didn't sell those 2 players.

Part-Timer

Your AssMan is doing transfers? :shock:

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mr8kc View Post
    Your AssMan is doing transfers? :shock:
    It's freakin annoying. Every season I get quality youngsters in for cheap, and every season he sells one or two. I wish there was a board request button "one more transfer behind my back and I'm outta here!"

Chairman, Assman, all the same for making terrible decisions...
    Last edited by laBOMBA; 06-06-2011 at 15:13.

Amateur
    Farnborough, Inventor of the patented 1-4-5 formation.

Congo made the world cup final in 2018, I bet the bookies loved that.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Trents View Post
    Congo made the world cup final in 2018, I bet the bookies loved that.
    Yeah, they have a really good defence. Their key-defender is a big strong player who has been playing with ManCity for ages.

Amateur

World Cup Results 2030:
    QF:
    Switzerland - Spain 0-3
    Ivory Coast - Cameroon 1-2
    Portugal - Brazil 2-0
    Italy - Russia 3-0

SF:
    Spain - Italy 0-1
    Cameroon - Portugal 2-3

Final:
    Italy - Portugal 1-0

Amateur

2030-2031

Bath City FC

I have to get a few players in due to my chairman messing around with my squad (selling my top goalie who came from our academy). A tall french DC, 2 goalies: a dutchie and a croatian, a star cameroonian striker, and a few young kids for the future from Belgium (DM), France (ST), a local boy from Man City (ST) and a South African DC.

This season is the break through season of my now 20yo Scottish striker who is been followed by ManU, Arsenal and a few other big clubs. He is paired up with the new Cameroonian striker and they play great together! We played fairly decent in the first half of the season. Quite consistent although a few too much losses in away games to my liking.

The chairman is getting his dirty fingers on my players again during the january transfer window by selling the cameroonian striker who is our top scorer so far, and the young moroccan MC who is slowly claiming a spot in the starting 11. They go to Hearts and Valladolid. I personally sold the Ivorian striker to Huddersfield since he spend more time on the bench due to my top 2 strikers performing great, and I also needed to free up some wage budget.

In the second half of the season with a key player less, we had trouble scoring and drew lots of games. We managed to get our act together and with 6 games to go, we were in a playoff position and we could still challenge the title. We had to play 4 teams in the top 8 so it could go anywhere from here. We lost 2, drew 2 and won 2, so we finished in 5th spot. A 3-1agg win over Leeds in the playoff semi-final, AND we came back from 1-0 down to a 1-2 win over Sheffield Wed in the Final. We are going to the Premiership! I guess that makes me an English Hero!

FA Cup: Lost in the 4th round to Burnley
    Carling Cup: Bath nearly played in Europe next year as we reached the final of the cup. Aston Villa was too strong for us in the final though and we went down 3-1. The score was 1-1 up until the 82nd minute.

MVP: The same defender as last season. Good solid defending and scoring 17 goals from corners. Not bad for a defender of only 182cm tall.
    Top goalscorer: The Scottish 20yo who knocked in 25 goals in 46 games

Highlight of the season: Beating ManU in the Carling Cup Semi-Final. We played 1-1 at Old Trafford and put in an overwhelming performance at home by sending them home after a 3-1 win!

Hungary

The first friendlies were all lost or drawn until we played our first qualifier. We had a bye first and then played Slovakia (away) and Northern Ireland at home which we both won 2-0. A good start for our European campaign. There is a young striker that I am trying to give a few games in the national team because he can develop into a great target man. He is 207cm, but also seems quite injury prone cause he is always injured when I want to call him up. He plays in the reserves of premiership team Sheffield Utd.
    When we had to play a qualifier in Norway, 50% of my usual line up was either injured or suspended. My B-squad was no match for a surprisingly strong Norway and we got killed, our corpses dragged through the mud and left to dry at the town square. 8-0! ouch.... We played better in June when we drew Russia 1-1 at home.
    Last edited by laBOMBA; 15-06-2011 at 15:02. Reason: added Hungary results

Amateur

2031-2032

Bath City FC

English Premier League

I brought in 8 players: a few first team players: a 27yo Czech playmaker from Inverness, an 18yo argentianian winger from Argentinos, a 17yo swedish long range shooter from Hammarby, a polish MC from Slask, and a 16yo belgian striker that my scout spotted at Standard Liege. This kid can go far imo. He's already first team material. Further a few youngsters for the future: english MC for free (Arsenal reject) , argentinian GK from Gimnasia and a czech MC for free (Slovan Liberec-reject).

Surprisingly, the chairman did not sell any of my players in between seasons. I rejected all offers, which made the agents push me for higher wages for their clients. My croatian goalie has been annoying like that: the agent accepted my contract offer, but the player waited for my response to a bid from Liverpool, which I rejected. The agent then wanted a better wage since he gets offers from major clubs. I rejected that since he initially agreed on a the wage I proposed and a month later the goalie asked to be put on the transfer list due to not getting a better contract! Fcuk that, i offered via your agent and he agreed! Both of you need to communicate better. I was annoyed so I put him on the bench for a few games. I then sold him in january for a lot of money to Partizan, which works out great as I had my eye on a better, although more expensive, brazilian goalie.

Survival by counting on our home games and maybe a point here and there away, thats the plan to avoid relegation. We started off with some big losses, but after a few games, it started to look better as our defence seemed better organized. We squeezed in a few wins at home and were sitting just above relegation zone mid-season. The young kids are doing great against big teams and cause and upset here and there, like winning 0-1 at Chelsea.
    In February, lots of defenders got injured and I had trouble putting a defence together. 6 defenders were injured at one stage and even the depth of the squad couldn't cope with this. We lost games we should have won if we had a full squad and we dropped into relegation zone with a few games left to play. It didn't help those games were against teams in the top 8 and we couldn't lift our game so with an 18th spot finish we're back in the Championship next year.

MVP: Our spanish 193cm tall defender who is followed by everyone and their grandmother.
    Top Goalscorer: the scottish striker. He has played 3 games for Scotland, but wasn't included in the team for the European Championships.

Hungary

We seem to have a problem with away games. We lost in N.Ireland with 5-2! But after a home win 2-0 to Norway, we were back on track to qualifying for the European Championships. We only need to beat Slovakia at home, and hopefully score a point at Russia. Russia started off really bad with 4 draws in a row so they are below us, as is Norway. Only Slovakia is in front, and we are 2nd. So a win vs. Slovakia will bring us to first place and the result with Russia might not matter anymore.
    We eventually lost at home to Slovakia 0-1, making the trip to Russia crucial for qualification. Either Russia or us, but we had to win to jump over them in the classification. Result: 0-2! We did it thanks to an own goal and a great long range kick! France 2032, here we come!
    At the European Championships, we lost our first game to Greece with 0-1, lost our second game to Spain with 4-1 and went down 3-0 to Czech Republic. I wasn't happy with the results and neither was the Football Association so I got the boot.

Amateur

2032-2033

Bath City FC

English Championship

After relegating to the Championship, I didn't feel like I wanted to continue with Bath especially since both Liverpool and Newcastle offered me a job as manager throughout last season. So I didn't look at getting new first team players. Surely I could find myself a nice, already established Premiership team, so resigning was on my mind. Also with this Chairman going behind my back business, I wanted to wait to break the news when the transfer window closes. If I can keep all my youngsters together, then I might reconsider but seeing there is soo much interest in my players, it would be hard. The dick in the presidents seat sold 2, and I lost 1 because of a relegation release clause. The Icelandic defender went to Barca, and an italian striker who has been loaned out for the past 2 seasons and scored more goals than games played. He was going to get his chance in the first team this season. Anyway, "off I go" I thought, until the board finally agreed to build a new stadium. I never had a stadium named after me so maybe they would give it my name. I'll find out in 2035 when planning is supposed to be finished. The team also played amazing the first couple of games (incl a 6-0 win to Nottingham F.) that I kinda want to linger for a bit longer.

I also noticed that my team is the 10th richest team in England and our status changed to "rich". So with the money available, I felt I can make this team into a strong team with international ambitions. With that prospect, my mood to stay at Bath has increased by heaps and I started to bid for zit-faced teenagers again. At the January window, a few players joined the team: an 18yo german DC from Bayern, a 20yo peruvian DC from Independiente and a 20yo ghanean MC from Inverness CT.

The performance during the season was great! We were in first place from round two and still leading by mid season with 6pts on the nr2: Wolves. We kept going at the same pace and our 3-0 victory at home versus Barnsley in the third last game secured the Championship title. It was an unbelievable season. We had a goal difference of +77 and 3 players were responsible for 65% of the goals. My 2 strikers, scottish 22yo and belgian 17yo, and my 21yo spanish defenders banged in 74 goals together. Together with my brazilian goalie, they are my 4 key players of this seasons success. The scottish lad is the league top goalscorer as well with 29 goals, the spanish defender has the highest avg rating of the league (7.81) and my belgian striker has most assists of the league (27). They are the top 3 best players of the league.
    Probably my best season of my career so far, together with winning the Norwegian Cup in 2016 with Gjovik.

I'm a bit more confident to succeed at the highest level with this squad now, since they have matured a lot. With an average age of 22, we're still a young squad, but if I can keep them together (read: if the mentally challenged chairman doesn't sell anyone) I feel I can do well in the Premiership. I suggested the chairman to take an extended holiday until the end of August and I'll even pay for it, but his answer was that he loves the club too much to be away for so long.

FA Cup: 4th round loss to Sheffield Utd (PRM)
    Carling Cup: 3rd Round loss to West Ham (CH)

PS: The board suddenly found it necessary to extend Twerton Park with 4440 seats while we were already planning to build a new stadium. Not bad for this season, but we should really spend our money in the new stadium. The planning has now been moved back another year. Expected to be done in 2036 now.

MVP: Spanish 21yo defender
    Top Goalscorer: Scottish striker

Amateur

2033-2034

Bath City FC

English Premier League

France seems to have produced most quality players past 2 decennia, so I thought I'd get some young players from that country. I bought a goalie from Stade Rennais, a DC from AS Monaco and a French-Algerian MC (I wonder who is idol is) from AS Saint-Etienne. A few other youngsters with dreams of Premiership glory landed in Bath: a belgian-moroccan ST from Anderlecht, a belgian-portuguese AMC from Club Brugge, a winger from Liverpool, a FB from Newcastle, and argentinian DC from Velez and a towering serbian DC from OFK Beograd.
    I also strengthened my defence with a quick 21yo brazilian DC from Rangers, and I sold my 23yo AMC croatian to R.Sociedad since I have better options on that spot. I started talking to the chairman again as he didn't sell any of my players, even though there were some great offers.

I also offered my service to a national team again. This time, I will spend some time in the USA.

The goal of this season is to avoid relegation and do well in the FA or Carling Cup. I'm secretly hoping European Qualification by winning a Cup but I realise it might be a bit too far fetched for us at this stage.
    I always seem to have a problem with my defense in the Premiership. This time my Full Backs get injured all the time. It's a pity since we were up in 11th spot, and it made us drop to 14th. Our strong offense and quick play makes us dangerous on counters and it paid of most of the times. A decent 12th spot and survival at the highest league was our reward for a good season.

My plan to get in Europe worked! The lads were very focused in the Carling Cup and we cruised to the semi, where a strong ManU waited. 3-1 at home and 2-2 at Old Trafford was without a doubt our best performance all season. Champaigne was flowing when we then beat Bolton 4-2 in the Final and we qualified for the EURO Cup next season.

I noticed my rep has gone up to "World Class", but unfortunately that doesn't translate into a higher paycheck. Other managers with the same rep get double the paycheck! Time to hassle the board for a new contract.
    I didn't even have to hassle the board as Arsenal came knocking on my door soon after with an offer double the wage I have at Bath. First I thought: "No", but then again, I'm 58yo in the game and this is probably my only chance to win the Champions League before I retire in a few seasons. It also helps the facilities are top noch and the chairman is an Italian tycoon who bought the club in 2016. Hope he still stays there for a while.

Carling Cup: Winner!
    FA Cup: lost in 5th round to Middlesbrough

MVP: In my opinion it should go to the belgian 18yo striker, but the fans decided on the spanish defender.
    Top goalscorer: Scottish striker again. Strong lad.

USA
    [U]

The team was already midway qualification and still in the running for the World Cup 2034. My first game was in Guatemala which we easily won with 0-3. I then only needed 2 points out of 4 games to qualify for the World Cup so I started experimenting a bit and bring some youthfullness in the squad. We drew Honduras 1-1 at home and got to 2-2 in Cuba. We then lost to Mexico 3-1 and had a convincing win at home to Costa Rica 4-0.
    The World Cup is a different story. Chances to qualify for the 2nd round are very limited as we are in a group with England, Germany and Uruguay. The toughest group in the WC.
    With trembling knees, we started our adventure down under and played Uruguay first. Even match, and so was the score: 0-0. Germany was up next and surprisingly, we played amazing the first half knocking in 4! Germany clawed back one to finish with a 4-1 score. We kept the same trend going to England, but they proved to be slightly too strong so we went down 1-0. Holland was next in the 2nd round. We got 2 goals against in the first 15mins and never really recovered from it so the score stayed 2-0 and we had some holiday time to look forward to. I resigned shotrly after since I thought I could get a managing job with a stronger country.
    Last edited by laBOMBA; 31-07-2011 at 23:34. Reason: USA WC-results added

Amateur

World Cup (Australia)

QF:
    Czech Republic - Holland 0-1et
    Brazil - England 3-0
    Croatia - Spain 0-3
    Argentina - France 2-0et

Semi:
    Holland - Argentina 1-1 (Holland pen.)
    Brazil - Spain 3-1

Final:
    Brazil - Holland 2-2 (Brazil pen.)

Part-Timer

Great read. You write very entertaining. And a good career as well. Looking forward to the next update.

Amateur

Marvellous stuff, really enjoyed reading this one.

Amateur

Cheers, it is the first time I do a proper LLM career without cheats or editors. And it is by far the most rewarding career I had on any FM version. So my apologies if it is a bit wordy, but at least I can still remember what happened 10 seasons ago.

Just loving the LLM way, I cant wait to get back into bringing glory and fortune to a lower team, even though I'm managing Arsenal now. Another few seasons and my "in-game" son will take his first steps into managing a football club.

Amateur

2034-2035

Arsenal FC

English Premier League

This is my chance to finally win some major competitions. The club has a healthy budget, an Italian tycoon in charge, great players, top noch training and youth facilities, and the 80451 capacity Arsenal Stadium to be finished in 2 seasons. The future looks bright, I got to wear shades.

My mission with Arsenal was to build towards the future as my squad is one of the oldest in the league. I think that 3-4 years down the track, they should be replaced with the new generation of super-stars.

Lots of staff left Bath when I left so I took the best ones with me to Arsenal. I got rid of a few staff members who were apparently "World Class" but their attributes didn't reflect this at all.
    I also bought a few players from Bath: the belgian striker, and the other belgian striker who played in the u18 last season (36 goals out of 34 games) and the ghanean AMC. I scouted all the other Bath players but most of them couldn't match my current Arsenal players so I left them alone. I also tried to bring the brazilian goalie over but he preffered At. Madrid's offer. Big mistake!

There was enough money in the bank to bring a few quality players in. I splashed out on the 25yo national argentinian CB, bought a 26yo serbian naturalised brazilian striker from Red Star, a 22yo Kenyian CB who I had my eye on for a long time, and a 25yo brazilian goalie from Fluminense since that was our weakest spot in the squad. Our current midfielders are the best in the world so no need to replace them yet. I also brought in some talented youngsters for the U18 team including a french goalie who looks like the ****. Later in the season, a 25 yo Brazilian playmaker from Young Boys is joining us as well.

Premier League:
    We had a very good start, aside from a surprising 1-0 loss to ManU. We took the lead early while ManU was constantly breathing down our necks to take over the first spot. The press congratulated me on my start at Arsenal by pointing out the solid defence is the key of our early success. A dutch DC, the brazilian goalie and the argentinian DC that I bought are responsible for only letting through a handfull of goals in the first 20 games. We were standing first half way the season with 3 pts ahead of ManU and 13pts ahead on the nr.3 Man City. Our defence then got ripped apart by Juventus offering the min fee to one of my top defenders so we couldn't keep him. Also injuries of the other top defenders made me switch to the Kenyan defender.
    We still did well and were neck on neck with ManU throughout the entire second half of the season. Luckily ManU slacked off a bit (with their first loss in the 34th round!), but so did we with injuries to my whole midfield. We still managed to perform better and eventually won the league! Amazing season for both Arsenal (96Pts 30W 6D 2L +70GD and only 13 against) and ManU (88Pts 26W 10D 2L). Third placed Tottenham followed at 75Pts.

Champions Cup:
    We had the toughest group with FC Bayern, PSG and PSV. My European debut was pretty good with a 4-0 win over PSV at home. We won everything in the group stage and got no goals against. We then won against Valladolid (2-1agg.), At. Madrid (4-3agg.) and ManU (1-0agg.) in the semi-final. Luckily we won the first leg with 1-0 as in the second leg I had 6 injuries and 3 suspensions... I had to field a whole reserve squad but managed to draw 0-0 at Old Trafford. Finally, my whole squad recovered for the final against Barcelona, and it showed we were in great form: Barca suffered a 4-0 defeat! The lead role in the final was claimed by my Kenyan defender who headed in 2 and did not make a single mistake at the back.

Carling Cup: Winners, with a 3-0 victory over Colchester in the final
    FA Cup: lost to ManU 1-0 in the semi final

MVP: 22yo Kenyan defender
    Top Goalscorer: Serbian naturalised Brazilian striker, 22 out of 38 games

I got offered a job at At. Madrid but I refused. They do have the best player in the world in their team (a 24yo AMC/ST Brazilian), but I'm trying to get him to play with us.

Spain
    Qualification for the European Championships should be fairly easy. I'm in a group with Romania, Poland, Finland and Cyprus. So far we have won all our games and are 6 pts ahead of the nr2: Romania.

Amateur

2035-2036

Arsenal FC

English Premier League

The board was not happy when I released a few 32+yo players who have been great for the club in the past, but took a permanent spot on the bench last season. I just could not justify paying a lot of money to have them on the bench, even though they are still quite good. I brought in a lot of players (incl. an 18yo brazilian AMC/ST from Santos), but mostly for the youth/reserve team until they matured. Only 3 players would have an impact on the first team: I paid a lot for a 25yo argentinian DM/MC from Valladolid, splashed out on a 21yo argentinian ST from Boca (hope he is worth the investment) and also got a 24yo DM home grown player from Sheffield Wed. Sadly, my 25yo brazilian playmaker got poached by Real Madrid as they paid his min release clause. I used up only half of my wage budget of $8M. We should be making profit this season.

Premier League:
    We didn't have the same great start like last season, although we picked up the pace soon after and levelled with the top 3 quite quickly. We never got to first spot before Xmas, because we always had 1 or 2 games less to the nr1 Man City. We finally caught up in January and jumped over them to first spot. Burnley is surprisingly 3rd, and Spurs are underperforming this season, even with their new striker who is the first choice of my spanish national side. End of January, we played Man City at home and I decided to do some pshycological warfare before the game for the first time in my career. The winner of this game has a good chance to win the league. We won 2-0 and created a gap of 6pts with them after we also won our catch up game. We never got in danger anymore after that. We won the Premiership in the 2nd last game of the season with a 4-0 win over Birmingham, which also happened to be the very last game in Emirates Stadium before we move into the new Arsenal Stadium end of june 2036. A nice way to finish in the "old" stadium.

Champions Cup:
    We are in a group with Real Madrid, En Avant Guingamp and Panathinaikos. Aside from Real, no real trouble is expected. Luckily we win 0-2 in Madrid after one of their player got send off with 2 yellow cards. The ref gave 12 yellow cards that game, must have had a bad day. Like last year, we won every game in the group stage without getting a single goal in our nets. Our biggest score was a whopping 0-7 in Guingamp. Next up is tycoon driven Valladolid. Sure, we lose 3-2 at Valladolid, but our home game was a totally different story: 8-0, with a hattrick by my belgian striker! Pity we didn't play the same level next round against At.Madrid, who are probably the strongest Spanish team (also tycoon driven). We drew 0-0 at home and lost 3-0 in Madrid... Game Over. ManU later won the Cup.

World Club Championship: Winner
    Community Shield: Winner
    Carling Cup: Didn't do very well and got kicked out in the Quarter Final
    FA Cup: I set my mind on winning this one, and we did! Beat a few good teams on the way: Liverpool, the revelation of this season: Burnley, and Man City in the final with 5-1

What I actually didn't realize, is that Arsenal celebrated it's 150 year existence. Pity I couldn't do the treble, but the board and fans were happy with the double as well.

Awards:
    MVP: Who else but Kenyan defender? He also got the highest avg rating of the league.
    Top Goalscorer: serbian naturalised brazilian striker with 30 goals out of 56 games, 1 goal more than Belgian Striker.

Belgian 20yo "wonderkid" Striker won the Champions Cup Golden Boot (11 goals) and Champions Cup Best Player

Spain

As predicted, easy qualification for the European Championships in Belgium. We should make it to the 2nd round of the European Championship since we are in a group with Czech Republic, Greece and Belarus. We do well in the group stage with beating all 3 nations: 1-0 to Greece, 2-1 to Czech Republic and 4-1 vs Belarus. We then play Bulgaria in the 2nd round and I think we were a bit overconfident as we didn't fire a lot of shots in between the posts. Something that Bulgaria could... result: we surprisingly lost 1-0!

Amateur

2036-2037

Arsenal FC

English Premier League

Bath City must not like me anymore as I keep buying their players. My successor has done quite well with bringing in talent and reaching a 6th place last season. I tried to get my hands on a few of their new talents and managed to bring the best one over: a 23yo french AMC for about $50M. I also bought a Belgian/DR Congolese DC from Levante for $36M and a 22yo Cameroonian D/DM/MC from Wolfsburg. I noticed him during the European Championships where he was playing well. I didn't get too much youngsters in as my reserve team starts to look like a creche and I would have to get some nannies in otherwise.

It turns out that part of the new stadium has collapsed before completion, and it will become available early september. So it wasn't really our last game in Emirates Stadium last season.

When we reached September, my transfer budget suddenly turned to $0, and the board did a cash injection to help with the running costs. I realized I spent a bit too much over the last 2 seasons. We did move into the new and shiny Arsenal stadium so I hope I can get us out of this financial slump by selling a few players and getting extra income from the games at the new stadium. A manager summed it up quite nicely: "I wish I could buy the title".

Premier League
    Last years underperforming Tottenham finally pulled its weight this season with their Spanish striker claiming the main role. Halfway the season, they were first with 18 wins and 1 loss. We were just behind with 16 wins and 3 draws. They then started losing and we kept our pace so we jumped over them and by the end of feb we were proudly leading the Premiership with 5pts ahead of Tottenham and ManU. We slacked off a bit near the end of the season, but we sealed the deal with a 0-2 win at the nr2 Tottenham.

Champions Cup
    We ended up first in the group stage together with Valencia, who beat us on their home ground but we had a better goal difference. We easily won from the others in the group: Shaktar and Helsingborg. Bordeaux is next! An easy 4-0 win saw us getting FC Bayern in the next round. We deserved to lose at home, were 0-2 down when one of their players got red carded in the 23nd minute, and their goalie got injured soon after so we clawed back 2 by half time. 2nd half we underperformed again but did get the win with an injury time close range header by the shortest guy on the pitch: my 176cm argentinian striker. In Munich, we played better and won with 0-1. We drew our home game in the Semi final vs Porto 1-1, and again, our away game was a lot better with a whopping 1-5 win! Like 2 seasons ago, we play Barca in the final: Let's just say, a win is a win. we win 1-0 with an own goal by a defender who clears the ball against the back of a midfielder and it rolls over the line. Barca get a red card soon after and couldn't really put any pressure on my goalie anymore.

Community Shield: winners!
    Carling Cup: winners! 5-2 win over Man City
    FA Cup: winners! 1-0 win over ManU

MVP: the new belgian/DR Congolese defender, closely followed by Kenyan defender
    Top Goalscorer: serbian naturalised brazilian striker

Spain
    Qualification for the World Cup should be easy in a group with Switzerland, Slovenia, Ukraine, Liechtenstein and Malta, however after 3 draws against Switzerland, Slovenia and Ukraine (even when they played with 10 for an hour), I couldn't motivate myself to keep going with Spain and handed in my resignation. The loss to Bulgaria in the European Championship has also made an impact on my decision. I'd rather focus on winning the Premiership and Champions Cup with Arsenal.

Arsenal did the quadruple this season and I succeeded in getting the next generation of stars to play for Arsenal. This shows when no less than 48 players of your club are being called up for the various national (youth) teams.
    So I called a press conference on the 6th of June 2037 to announce my retirement from club management, as there is nothing more to win for me at club level. I am lingering around however as I might take on a national role in the future.
    In the meantime, my son Evan will take his first steps in football management.

Just after I resigned from Arsenal, Brazil offerd me the job to guide their national side through the conferderations cup, and I gladly accepted.

Brazil
    Awesome squad, great individual players, including the best player in the world: a 27yo AMC/ST that I tried to get to play for Arsenal but didn't succeed. For some reason, they sacked their coach during the confederations cup, and I joined when they were about to play the semi-final, which we comfortably won with 4-1 to Portugal. The final was one of those games where you get 58% possession, 4 clear cut chances, 24 shots, 10 on target versus 8 shots, 3 on target for Mexico and still lose with 2-1. Such is life.
    Last edited by laBOMBA; 30-08-2011 at 09:26. Reason: Brazil chapter added

Amateur

Born out of an Australian-HongKong mother and a Belgian-Australian father, Evan was born early march 2011 in Gjovik (Norway) while his father was managing the local football club. Evan had the option to take on a few nationalities (Australian, Belgian, Hong Kong, Norwegian), but he decided to take on Australian as a first and Norwegian as a second nationality.
    He never was a great footballer as he never got out of Sunday League, but he might know a thing or two about managing a club. With the financial support of his old man, he travelled the world handing out resumes and got a job offer in Sweden with Syrianska IF Kerburan.

Syrianska IF Kerburan

The media predicted this team to finish 6th in the Swedish 2nd Div North, but after 14 games, they were positioned last (12th) and needed a new manager to come in to try avoiding relegation. The team was ok, but very unhappy so Evan needed to lift their spirits. Alocohol and strippers crossed his mind, but he had a few underaged players so maybe something more old fashioned, like winning games would do the trick.
    The club was spending about 60% more than Evan was allowed in wages, so he lowered the transfer budget to get the difference more in the range of 10%. He couldnt extend a few contracts, which is probably a good thing seeing the club needs to save money and he can focus on bringing in some talent for next season. But first things first: winning games and surviving.
    With 8 games to go and the 4 last teams within 2pts of each other, securing a play down spot (10th) should be possible. The team actually did well and scraped a few narrow victories together to finish on a 10th spot in the league. We had to play IFK Hassleholm to fight it out who was going to play in the 2nd div next year. That turned out to be Syrianska with a 0-0 away, and a 1-0 win at home. Evan's first success!

Top Goalscorer: 27 yo Swedish ST
    MVP: 29yo Syrian WB

Amateur

Syrianska IF Kerburan

Swedish 2nd Div South Svealand

Evan brought in 9 players to try a play a whole different tactic than his old man is accustomed to play. The Swedish 2nd division got reshuffled and Syrianska now plays in the 2nd Div South Svealand. This wasn't very good news as it turns out that there are quite good teams in that division. On the other hand, the tactic didn't work that great either and we lost our first 5 games in a row before we finally got a win. We then won a few more, but Evan was sacked after 2 major defeats and a last spot after 12 games. It is end of june now, so Evan decided to travel to the USA where his old man was managing Brazil in the World Cup.

Brazil
    Our first game was terrible: Sure we win 1-0 against Jamaica, but it took us an own-goal to do it. We did attack like crazy and got a million shots on their goal, but none of them went in. Second game was like we should play: a convincing 5-0 win over Japan. Czech Republic then took an early lead 2-0 in the first 10 mins, but we got into our rythm and scored 2 against to hold the game to a draw. Next up is France. Evan just arrived and saw France play well against an uninspiring Brazil. 2-2 after 90 mins, and two own goals from each team in extra time made the scoreboard show 3-3 with 5 mins to go in extra time. It goes without saying that the decider happened in those last 5 mins: France headed a corner in, 4-3 and Brazil is out of the World Cup. Like son like father and I also was sacked days after my son was. Together we had some quality time in the States afterwards though and saw Mexico lift the World Cup Trophy.

World Cup (USA):
    QF:
    Romania - Spain 1-3
    USA - Saudi Arabia 2-2(p)
    Chile - Mexico 1-2
    France - Belgium 2-0

SF:
    Spain - France 1-0
    Saudi Arabia - Mexico 2-3(et)

Final:
    Spain - Mexico 1-3

The interesting part is that Saudi Arabia made it to the semis, basically because they have lots of Saudi turned Brazilian players in their league.
    Last edited by laBOMBA; 05-09-2011 at 10:12. Reason: WC results added

Amateur

2038-2039Both father and son were looking for jobs now. I decided to take on the reign of my birth country Belgium, while Evan decided to make a move to Italy and manage Seria C2/B team Fidene.

Fidene

Italian Seria C2/B

With a carp squad and barely any money, Evan signed a few players that he hoped could make an impact on the squad. Last year they finished 15th, but managed to win in the play offs to stay in the division. This year it is expected that Evan would bravely fight against relegation, but it won't be easy.

It showed as we had to wait for the 10th league game to finally get a win. Another 2 big losses straight after made Evan think about his future at the club and he decided to move along before he was pushed.

Soon after, Evan got hired by Belgian 3rd Division club Torhout.

Torhout 1992 KM

Belgian Third Division B
    Evan was looking forward working in the same country as his dad and initially got some good results to lift the squads spirit and battle bravely against relegation. The club was predicted a mid-table finish, but didn't get out of the relegation zone until Evan took charge. We managed to peek above the relegation zone briefly, but it was all in vain as 6 losses in a row made sure Torhout was back where it belonged: bottom spot. And we stayed there for the rest of the season. Exit Australian manager and back to the job listings...

Again, he found a job straight after with a Swedish club that was positioned 3rd in the 2nd div North Gotaland with still half a season to go.

FK Linköping

Swedish 2nd Division North Gotaland

Third club in 1 season for the Australian manager, and he was determined to stay with this club for at least longer than the average of half a season.

The squad is good, although in financial trouble, but there is a possibility to get promoted this season. Two winger loanees made a lot of difference and my target man got plenty of opportunities and knocked in a fair few as well. Suddenly the players mood turned to Very Good, and we started winning heaps. With 5 games to go and 6 points ahead of the nr2, Evan declared Linkoping to be the favourite for the title, especially when we just beat the nr2 Sleipner with 0-2. It goes without saying that we then lost the next 2 games and saw Sleipner come back level with us, but we had a better goal difference. The scouts meanwhile recommended a Gambian striker and Evan was able to sign him for free, and he joined the club in September 2039, with 3 games to go. I thought that's a bit weird that is allowed in Sweden. Either way, the Gambian made a huge impact and scored 5 times in the last 3 games, making sure we won all of them and secured the title.
    The board injected a bit of cash to help with the financial losses we were having, and I tried to sell my best player (a Norwegian DRC) who is paid a third of my allowed wage budget. Can't believe the previous manager signed such an expensive player. Evan tried to offer him to other clubs but no one wanted him and he doesn't want to negotiate a new contract. His contract runs out after next season.

Top Scorer & MVP: Swedish 31yo Target Man.

Belgium

Italy, Sweden, Northern Ireland and Latvia are our opponents for qualification for the European Championship. Belgium is ranked 9th in the world so we should be able to qualify. We win our first game with 3-0 at home vs Sweden and also beat Northern Ireland with 1-3.Latvia was pushed aside with 4-1 and we drew Italy at home 2-2. We also drew them again in Italy 1-1. Also Sweden was not as strong as expected at home, a 0-2 win for us. Qualification is now pretty much a certainty.

Amateur

FK Linköping

Swedish First Division South

Evan didn't renew lots of contracts as he believed he could get better players for the same wage as the current ones. About 1/3 of last years squad had to find other clubs while Evan only signed a handful of new free players. A 29yo Swedish/Turkish AMC, a 20yo Brazilian D/DMC straight from Brazil, another Swedish AMC, a 23yo Swedish goalie, and a towering 23yo Swedish DRC.

We kicked the season off with great form and won 4 of our first 6 games, bringing us to 2nd place behind Hacken. We got a bit overconfident and lost/drew a lot making us drop to 11th spot, and just above the feared relegation zone. With 6 games to go, 2 points were separating the relegation zone teams and mid-table teams. We crawled back to mid-table and kept playing decent to remain in a safe 8th spot out of 14 teams (with the last 3 teams to relegate). Evan got offered a new contract for the same wage for 1 year but he figured he brought them promotion and a safe mid-table finish so he should get a raise, and so he did.

Top Scorer: Same Target Man as last year.
    MVP: the 23yo towering DC Evan brought in at the start of the season

Belgium

We qualified with further wins to Northern Ireland 4-0 and Latvia 2-0. The confidence is high after we had an amazing friendly game in Denmark pushing them off the pitch with a 0-7 scoreline (lead role for the Arsenal ST and DC). The draw for the European Championships could be better. We were seeded in group 1 but still managed to be in a group with Italy, Serbia and Bulgaria. Quite strong teams if you ask me!

My wonderkid striker at Arsenal has made a strange move to Sienna and they have pulled him out of the friendlies before the European Championship. Nevertheless, he is by far the best Belgian player around and will be included in the squad for the European Championship. The friendly preparations went extremely well with wins to Australia 5-1, and our rivals Holland 1-4. As a Belgian, that last result made me do a little celebration dance. We are ranked 8th in the world and you would have to consider us outsiders for the European Title.

There was a bit of uproar when I selected a player who is injured for the first 3 games, but he is our top defender (the Arsenal DC) and I was convinced we would reach the 2nd round.
    Our first game was a moderate success. We won 2-0 to Bulgaria, but if you look at the stats, it should have been a lot more: We had 32 shots at goal, 14 on target, and the first goal was even an own goal. We played ok in our second game against Italy. Again, we couldn't convert, but Italy was stronger in the end anyway, a 2-0 loss. The third game to Serbia was great, my wonderkid striker (now at Sienna) realised you can score goals by placing the ball on the inside of the post and scored a lovely hattrick, we won 4-1 and are through to the 2nd round. The 20yo DC who took my injured top class DC's spot played great and knocked in 2 over the past 3 games. I shuffled a few things around for our 2nd round game vs Spain and made sure both defenders (20yo and top class DC) can play next to each other. The home ground advantage for Spain made this game really hard and we had to play our best football to win this one. Luckily we did and we drew them after extra time 2-2, even though we had more possession and shots at goals. Penalties brought the decider and we were lucky to convert all 5 of them while Spain only missed one of them, their last one went flying over the crossbar.
    Russia was next, but was no match for our motivated side and we beat them 4-1.

The semi final was against defending champions Portugal. Though game again, started off bad with a goal against 1-0, then 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 and we started feeling the victory, but a lapse in concentration made Portugal come back with a penalty 2-3 and even 3-3 with 5 mins to go. The extra time was insteresting: Portugal already used 3 subs and one of their players got injured, so they now played with 10. Two mins later, their winger received a 2nd yellow and they were with 9 and 20 mins to play. We pressed hard and immediatly scored the winning goal, and scored again just before the final whistle, 3-5. The 2nd extra time we played possession and landed a spot in the Final vs. France.

Both teams in the final were quite uninspiring. Only a few shots at goals for both teams, but we managed to score one of them by our AMC (playing for Juve) in the 67th min receiving a ball right in front of the goalie who was at the edge of penalty area, and tapping it next to him to have a shot at an open goal, 1-0. It didn't help that our wonderkid striker was suspended for the game, but we managed to pull it off! Wonderkid got both golden boot (7 goals) and best player award!

You're running two managers! I don't know how you can do that.

Amateur

I only want to do international management with my original manager, and since the games are too far apart, I started a career from the bottom again with another player. I'll retire my original manager soon.

Amateur

FK Linköping

During the winter season, the director took over the chair and was happy to keep Evan at the club. No new money coming in though, but at least we got rid of that expensive Norwegian DRC who chewed up 1/3 of our wage budget, and now I could offer some decent contracts.
    It allowed Evan to bring in a classy 21yo DM/MC, another tall young blonde DC and 3 teenage foreigners that could mature into fine players: a Brazilian wing back, a Nigerian heading SC and a Nigerian Left Midfielder.

Still in financial trouble, but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel now. The board is happy with my wage expenditure, but unhappy with the release of the Norwegian DRC. Well, you can't have them both!

The season wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't boring either. Won a few, lost a few and got into a good run at the end of the season so we ended in a 5th spot. Not too bad, and Evan feels the club has a good base now to go up a division in 1 or 2 seasons if he can keep the squad together (or if the new chairman isn't cashing in on the new youngsters). It was a season full of great goals though, but I guess it might have to do with the opposing goalie being carp.

The Cup wasn't good as we got kicked out in the first round.

Both MVP & top goalscorer went to the Gambian Striker.

Belgium

We participated for the first time in the Confederations Cup and had to play South-Korea, Mexico and New Zealand. We draw 1-1 to South-Korea, win 4-1 to New Zealand and also beat Mexico. In the semi final we meet a strong Brazil. We are definately the underdog and only get a handful of attempts at goal while Brazil is having a bit of target practice. They did not score a single goal and needed a penalty to score the winner. They later beat Italy in the final.

Qualification for the World Cup is a bit harder. Aside from the Turks, we have beaten everybody in our group which conssted of Turkey, Denmark, Lithuania, Malta and Iceland. Surprisingly we could not win at home, nor in Turkey. They adopted the exact same tactic that I successfully won the European Championship with, and it worked for them as they did not lose a single point during qualification. I felt beaten at my own game... We finished 2nd and had to play a qualifier vs. Croatia. We won 2-0 at home (luckily they got a red card when they were overpowering us), and scored the first goal in Croatia on the counter, 0-1. They came back with free-kicks and headers 2-1, but we then built up a brick wall in defense which they could not bring down anymore. We qualify for the World Cup!
    We were 1st seed in the draw and we are up against Mexico, Austria and New Zealand. Same group as the confederation cup aside from Austria replacing South-Korea, which should be easier for us.

Amateur

FK Linköping

The new board is a lot tighter with the wage budget. Sure they give Evan a transfer budget, but he's already at maximum wage budget with his current players. Even if Evan reduces the transfer budget to $0, it still is not enough to cover the players wages.

So basically, Evan could only sign players for little wage. Luckily he was able to convince a 29yo Norwegian ex-Crystal Palace defender to come and play for the club. After that, the board refused to give potential players any decent wage proposal and Evan couldn't even extend a few contracts and is going to be in trouble next season if the situation doesn't improve.

Evan is heavily relying on the young african imports from last 2 seasons for a successful season. They matured slightly and are starting to find their way into Evan's style of play. A mediocre start of the season was followed by a great winning streak that lasted for a while. By mid-season we were equal first with Orgryte. We kept going and only lost 1 more game just before the close of the season. A convincing first place and we're going to the First Division Elite!
    The africans delivered and brought success to the club. Evan only hopes the chairman is keeping his dirty fingers off the african gold we have in the club.

Still haven't won a single game in the Swedish Cup. Got kicked out in first round again.

MVP & Top Goalscorer: The Gambian pacey striker.

Belgium

The World Cup campaign started well for Belgium with a 4-0 win over New Zealand. It brought a good mood to the squad which is important for the rest of the tournament. Austria was unexpectedly strong and we couldn't go beyond a 1-1 draw.
    With our both feet back on the ground, we were facing elimination if we lost to defending World Champions Mexico in our next game. We got our act together and played really well which translated in a 0-3 scoreline by half-time. Mexico fought back but could only get 1 goal back leading to a 1-3 win for us, and Mexico was sent packing.
    Next up was the consistently strong Germany. We did well, but Germany played great too. A logic 1-1 and penalties was the result. We kept our cool and only missed one, while Germany missed 2.
    We were facing Brazil in Quarter Finals. Belgium had it's highest ranking ever: 2nd, while Brazil is 1st in the rankings. The media predicted us outsiders for the World Cup title, but after our display vs Brazil, they deserve to be called the main contenders. They were just too strong. We managed to get a few chances near the end of the game but Brazil got the upperhand and beat us 2-0. Exit Belgium, and Brazil later won the final with penalties over organising country Italy.

I resigned a week later and decided it's time to retire at a sweet age of 66!
    A few stats of my career since 2010:

Number of Clubs managed: 8
    Number of Nations managed: 7
    Number of Awards won: 34
    Career Earnings: $24.5M

Games Played/won/drawn/lost: 1328/700/279/349
    Win Ratio: 52%
    Goals For/Against: 2330/1380
    Cup Wins: 13
    League Wins: 5
    League Promotions: 5
    League Relegations: 3
    Last edited by laBOMBA; 02-10-2011 at 22:56. Reason: Cup added

Amateur

FK Linköping

Swedish First Division Elite

As mentioned before, contracts couldn't be extended so our whole attacking midfield section left, and 2 key players decided to retire. Not a great outlook for this season. Luckily there is a bit of money in the bank thanks to the promotion so Evan slipped on some comfortable shoes and went shopping. He didn't realise there was a homegrown rule in the division and shot himself in the foot a bit by shopping abroad. Nevertheless, I'm sure Evan can somehow put homegrown players on the bench to make up the numbers.

Evan picked up lots of free agents that will join the squad at different times due to transfer windows. 2 Finnish blokes (SC & AM LC), 2 Icelandic Midfielders, 2 Nigerians (mainly defenders), a Gambian midfielder, a Danish midfielder, 2 local Swedish players, a 21yo Serbian MR, a Turkish GK and a fast 18yo Georgian striker that looks exactly like Belgian striker from Siena (picture, not attributes unfortunately). Evan could count on the Scandinavian transfers from the start of the season. The rest would join in July and September.

Evan had a bit of a biff with his Nigerian Striker as he kept asking for improved contracts every few months. He's contracted until 2045, and Evan kept him at his current contract. The ******* should realise who is boss here! Later in the season he received an offer from a South Korean team which Evan negotiated with but couldn't get to an agreement, he is then unhappy that it didn't go through but also releases a press statement that he wants to stay... wtf? Evan eventually sold him mid-season for a lot of money to Rynninge IK (Swedish premier division).

The season started not bad, a very important win and a few losses, but after that we started playing great with my african striking force taking up the main role. The Gambian was leading goalscorer in the league by mid-season and we were proudly sitting in 6th position then. The Nigerian is then replaced by the Georgian up front, and we still play great. Four games to go and we were 2nd with 2 points ahead of the nr.3 Orebro. Three of those 4 games was against the teams in the top 4 and we started to play like we were afraid of our opponents. It lead to 2 losses and a draw and made us drop to 5th place and outside of playoff zone. I guess we were dreaming of back to back promotion too much. Overall a great season though, just a bummer we couldn't rise to the challenge of another promotion. Maybe next season while Evan accepted another 1 year contract for double his current paycheck.

The board is not much fun as all of Evan's requests are rejected due to lack of funds, but after the sale of the Nigerian, there is money in the bank and we are making profit every month. Evan can't complain though as the chairman is not interfering with transfer offers.....yet.

Still no luck in Cup games and got kicked out in first round.....again

MVP: Gambian Striker
    Top goalscorer: Gambian Striker with 26 goals out of 26 games

Amateur

FK Linköping

Swedish First Division Elite

Evan was happy to sign 4 new players that are ready to make an impact in the starting eleven. A Brazilian midfielder, a Swedish AMRC/ST and 2 very talented germans: a big goalie and a wing back.

The media predicted us to be 13th, but Evan knew the team is capable of better than that. We had a great start to the season: We beat title contender Norrkoping 0-6 with 4 goals by my Gambian striker. He then got injured for half of the season, only to come back against Norrkoping again and score one! The first half of the season was actually really good with us never giving up our first spot in the league and leading with 4pts difference to the nr2 Karlstad. We had to shuffle the squad around due to the numerous injuries and home grown restrictions but we still managed to win a lot.
    It turned out to be Evans best season as the team lead the division from start to finish and with 4 games to go we claimed the title. Winners, and promotion to the premiership!

Evan’s contract got extended for another year with a good pay increase again.

Top Goalscorer & MVP: With the Gambian Striker injured for half of the season, the Georgian stepped up and claimed the top goalscorer award.

Looking back at past clubs:

Gjovik is back in the Norwegian Div2. We played a friendly against them at the start of the season and won with 3-0.

Bath got relegated this season from the Premiership. The Mexican manager got the boot for that. Only 2 players are left from my original squad when I left them for Arsenal. They were leading the Championship in November so might get promoted again.

Arsenal is constantly in the top 3 of the Premiership having won it another 2 times since I retired. Man City has won the other Premierships. Arsenal is the richest club for a number of years now and the French AMC I got in from Bath has been worlds best player twice.

Amateur

FK Linköping

Swedish Premiership

The chairman showed his obsession with money by selling my Georgian top striker for $1.1m to Hammarby who relegated to the first division elite. A step back imo. At least I could finally persuade the chairman to upgrade the youth facilities.

Evan was forced to use his transfer budget to buy a few Swedish players from local clubs. More Swedish players left the club and he was critically low on home grown players. Nevertheless, aside from 2 Swedish strikers and a DL, he also brought talented youngsters in such as a Macedonian winger and 2 Slovenians (DRC and AMR/ST).

The season started the same way it ended last season. Sure we have a lot of new players, but for some reason they play well together. We kept beating even the best teams in Sweden with the occasional defeat, and by mid season, we were sitting on a very comfortable 4th spot. The chairman decided to sell another key player for $1.1m again: my Hungarian AMC. The interesting part is to see that this player was easily substituted by one of my Brazilians. We kept playing pretty well and managed some huge upsets but also some weird defeats. Overall we won more games than losing games and finished in an amazing 4th spot. We were even title contenders briefly in the second half of the season, but a 4th spot is an amazing feat already.

The Cup was finally better this year: We reached the final and were up against Premiership winners Helsingborg. We never won to them and they were expecting the double. They just didn’t realise we are a small team with big dreams and we sent them home after a thrilling 4-2 win! Cup winners!

I recognise a pattern here: like Gjovik and Bath, we won the cup before we could compete with the big boys and every time the cup was won, I got headhunted by another team…. Evan is waiting for his hunter…

MVP and goalscorer this time is my towering Swedish DC with 17 goals. He is made out of concrete and just wins everything in the air during corners and free kicks.

Amateur

And now I'll have a crack at LLM in FM12.
    I'll probably return to this save fairly soon as I can't wait to see how I'll perform in Europe with Linkoping.

Amateur

I had a nostalgic moment and loaded up this career again. FM12 is a great game, but there is a lot of time spent on talks. Something that I don't enjoy that much so I'm going back to FM11 for a little bit.

Can any of the mods please add a [FM11] to the thread title?
    Last edited by laBOMBA; 04-08-2012 at 22:30.

Amateur

FK Linköping

Swedish Premiership

Evan let a dozen of players leave the club since they were not doing anything anyway. He brought in a talented 17yo Bulgarian DC, a young argentinian DL/ML and an amazing 17yo Gambian MC.

The first half of the season was excellent! Good games, lots of wins and constantly between 1st and 4th spot. Key players for this success were the Slovenian Defender, Macedonian winger and Gambian Striker. We met the Finnish club AC Oulu in the 3rd round qualification for the Europa Cup. Our first European adventure ended straight away with two 2-3 losses. We let them run out to 0-3 twice and gradually came back. I guess we didn't start very focused. Maybe I said something wrong during the pre-match talks?

After 20 games in the season, we lost 1-0 to Helsingborg who were first, while we were 2nd. Nothing special about that really but the title became out of reach due to this loss and the dipstick chairman decided to accept offers for my Slovenian defender and recently acquired Gambian MC from Fulham and Celtic respectively. It made me wonder about my future at Linkoping. My great players are gone and so is the prospect of a Premiership title. Maybe I'll hang in there until the end of the season and start requesting putting the extra money to good use, like youth and training facilities. The dipstick agreed with building a Youth Academy but 4 games before the end of the season, Evan got an offer from Odd Grenland. Not a big move as Odd is just above relegation zone in the Norwegian Premiership, but they offer 10x more wage than Linkoping can afford. They also have better facilities and have heaps more money so a jump might prove to be a good move in the long run. Evan asked to wait until the end of the season since he still wants to play the final of the Swedish Cup with Linkoping. The cup was lost unfortunately with a thriller of a game. 3-3 vs GAIS and they scored one more goal in extra time to claim the Cup title. Its a bummer, but since we finished 3rd in the league, we got a spot in the Euro Cup qualification next season.

The chairman accepted an offer for the Macedonian winger, and that was the drop for Evan. He resigned and accepted the offer of Odd Grenland.

Top Goalscorer: Gambian Striker 18 goals

MVP: Gambian Striker 7.29 average

Amateur

Odd Grenland

Norwegian Premiership

The board expects to battle against relegation and the media predicts us to finish 12th in the league. The league has 15 teams of which the last 2 relegate so we would have to fight to stay clear of relegation.
    When I looked at my players, I found we were laking strong wing backs. Luckily one of my defenders is a 202cm tall American defender, who I also made captain so he should be heading all the incoming crosses away.

After a few months of scouting, I decided to bring in a few players that can help us improving our squad: a 21yo Dutch poacher, a 17yo talented Croatian goalie.

The season was fairly mixed. We had a few great runs, but also a drop of form that made us jo-jo up and down the rankings between 7th and 12th spot. The top 6 was way to strong this season (Rosenborg, Brann, Stabaek, Fredrikstad, Vålerenga and Tromsø) and they had a clear gap between the rest of us. We never managed to catch up with the top 6 and our last few games happened to be against the top 6 so we ended dropping down to our predicted spot: 12th. I was slightly disappointed as I hoped for a higher ranking but we can be happy with not getting relegated.

The Cup was quite good. Looking in the Odd history, they haven't performed well in the past 10 years in the cup. I was happy I could bring them to the semi final where we lost 2-1 to Strindheim. I was really annoyed as we should have won this game with the form we had. What even annoyed me further is that Strindheim played div1 team Eik Tonsberg in the final, which would be a relatively easy win. They did win the game and qualify for Europe next season.

Top Goalscorer: Dutch Poacher

MVP: 23yo Norwegian playmaker

Semi Pro

Bloody hell

Amateur

Odd Grenland

Norwegian Premiership

The board expects to battle against relegation and the media predicts us to finish 13th in the league this season. I brought in some youth for both Senior and Youth squad. The Norwegian league has a home grown rule of max 11 non home grown players so I really need to sign players of 17 and younger, or on their 18th birthday. And I did exactly that.
    My scouts found lots of players and I signed a few Danes, a Peruvian, a Guinean winger for the Senior team, a homeboy Norwegian and an Icelandic blonde striker who can already play along with the seniors. I think this guy is massively talented.
    I'm happy with the squad as most of my good players range between 22-27yo so I can build the squad with these players for the next few years.

I lost my talented Croatian goalie fairly early in the season when the chairman accepted a massive $6.25M bid from Sherrif. A bit annoyed, but I've learned that there will always be other talented players you can bring in with this money. Suddenly I got a $7M transfer budget and the board agreed expanding the youth facilities.

The league started off quite well. We only suffered a big 1-5 loss to Rosenborg, but all the other first 12 games were either won or drawn. We moved up and down between 2nd and 5th spot in the first half of the season. The performances of the Guinean and Iclandic kid didn't go unnoticed as I received offers from everywhere. Liverpool was even chasing the blonde Iclandic kid for a while but I rejected as they offered too little money.
    I kept finding young talent throughout the season and spend a bit of money to bring them over to Odd. The future is looking bright for us: If these kids develop into quality players the team would benefit from it, and if the chairman decides to sell them, at least it would we for a lot of money and I can keep improving our facilities and/or buy new quality players. A few other players that joined us: A french DMC, a Nigerian attacking winger, Ivorian goalie
    The results stayed quite positive and the team was very motivated all season. With 5 games to go, we were in reach of the title with Tromsø first, Brann second and we were in third with 2 points behind Tromsø. We won 2, draw and lost one so with one game to go we were 4th, with our last game against Tromsø who were 2pts ahead in 1st place. Nrs. 2 and 3 were both 1 point behind Tromsø. 4 teams still in the running for the title. During the last game, I noticed the nrs. 2 and 3 could not win their game, which leaves our game to be the decider. We play really well, create lots of chances but for some strange reason, we have 6 CCC's but no goals... 0-0 is the logical result... I was gutted as we really could have caused an upset by winning the league. Everybody drew their game so we finished 4th.

The Cup was better than last season. Nearly got kicked out in the first round by a surprisingly strong Div2 team Alta, but in the end we beat them and cruised through to the semis where we ran in difficulty again. We were up 1-2 against Fredrikstad when my defender got red carded. They scored another one and we had to play extra time. I put everything on the counter and since I have fast strikers, we managed to counter and score from it too! We parked the bus afterwards and got a ticket to the final! The final was quite intense. Stabaek performed well, but we did better: 4-3! The premiership title would have been great, but we're happy with the Cup win as well. Odd hasn't won the cup since 2000.

Top Goalscorer: Dutch 22yo
    MVP: Norwegian 27yo redhead MC. He has also been voted Norwegian player of the year!

Amateur

Odd Grenland

Norwegian Premiership

I had to say goodbye to 2 key players: an Argentinian DMC/MC who was aking too much money for a renewed contract and my Chilean 24yo DC. I actually pushed him to go as I have 2 young guns that I want to give a go in his spot. One young gun from last season (Peruvian 18yo DC), the other one is new this season (Columbian 17yo DC). I needed to clear some non-Home Grown spots so the Chilean had to go and I substituted him by the Columbian.

Aside from the Columbian, a few other 17yo kids were welcomed at Odd: a Nigerian AM RL, Norwegian reserve GK, German/Italian MC and a Belgian playmaker. I also had to buy a few Norwegians to beef up the Home Grown players list. We're only allowed 11 non-Home-Grown players. I bought a 24yo Norwegian DL and a 29yo Norwegian AM RC/ST, from Hønefoss and Stabæk.

With so much young talent, it was quite difficult to determine the players list, but I managed to get a good mix together. It showed as we started quite well and were top 3 for a while. We only dropped a little after that but by mid season we were up in 2nd spot. I thought we wouldn't get the same level as last season but to my surprise, we did!

In July, lots of my young players were wanted by a whole range of clubs. Clubs such as Real and Athletico Madrid were interested in Guinean winger, but also the Icelandic kid was being chased by Tottenham and I received 2 bids for Columbian defender from ManU and ManCity. I feel big money coming in anytime soon! The Guinean got angry by my refusal of a bid from Barcelona. I negotiated the bid and Barcelona accepted in the end so he left us in August. We're making a huge profit this season!

In the 2nd part of the season, our performance was still at a high level and we won a lot of games, making us climb to first spot in the league. As usual, we got into a little dip before the end of the season but we came back strong by winning our last game against another title contender and claiming the Norwegian Premiership for the first time in Odd's history. I'm on the club's favourites list now.

Soon after I received an offer from Zenit to take over their squad for 3x the paycheck I was on at Odd. I hesitated, looked at their squad, profile and facilities, but decided to stay at Odd. I didn't like the squad at Zenit, the average age would be about 29 with their best players 32 and older. I would have to rebuild the squad again and I feel I am doing this quite succesfully at Odd. The Odd board has also improved the youth facilities 3 times already since I was appointed manager, so we are a young team on the rise and establishing ourself slowly. I'm also looking forward trying to qualify for the Champions League Group Stage.

The EURO Cup started for us as well, and we were in the 4th qualification round. We had to play Chelsea to get a spot in the EURO Cup. Obviously very hard to qualify but hey... we'll give it a crack. Result: lost 0-1 at home and lost with a high scoring 7-3 in London. I was surprised we could score at all!

MVP & Top Goalscorer: Dutch poacher