Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 143

Thread: The FM11 All-Nighter Thread (player-naming) 13/02/2011

  1. #1
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default The FM11 All-Nighter Thread (player-naming) 13/02/2011

    Evening all

    Just a thread for those night owls about.

    In the pre-season for 2018-19 season and preparing for life in Serie C1/A

  2. #2
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Getting in two players from my former club which should help out.

  3. #3
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    8th May 2008
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    i'm game who are you managing?

  4. #4
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bardock View Post
    i'm game who are you managing?
    F.C. Südtirol - Alto Adige in Serie C1/A

    You?

  5. #5
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Im on too, just got back from the Barca v Gijon game

    loading up now, pre season 2022, im FC Santa Claus in Finland

  6. #6
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussieant32 View Post
    Im on too, just got back from the Barca v Gijon game

    loading up now, pre season 2022, im FC Santa Claus in Finland
    Not fun for you then. Just bad play?

  7. #7
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    yer, was expected, we always play poor after international weeks. Afellay especially played very poor.

    Glad i bought my laptop, i stop the night at a relatives on the way back cause its a very long drive, dont feel like sleeping!

  8. #8
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussieant32 View Post
    yer, was expected, we always play poor after international weeks. Afellay especially played very poor.

    Glad i bought my laptop, i stop the night at a relatives on the way back cause its a very long drive, dont feel like sleeping!
    How are Santa Claus?

  9. #9
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    2nd October 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    I think I am joining you lot at these crazy hours. I just can't sleep .. Coffee ... Metal ... FM

  10. #10
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    How are Santa Claus?
    getting better, i just finished top for the first time wth litterally the last kick of the season, I was 2 points behind the leaders with a game in hand on the final day, scored in the 94th minute to take a 3-2! That gives me a place in the CL qualifiers for next season. Just playing the last 3 games of the EL group stages, its funny cause my league seasons finished 2 months ago!

  11. #11
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo_1978 View Post
    I think I am joining you lot at these crazy hours. I just can't sleep .. Coffee ... Metal ... FM
    An almost perfect combo!!

  12. #12
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    2nd October 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    An almost perfect combo!!
    Swap the coffee for something more potent ? LOL

  13. #13
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussieant32 View Post
    getting better, i just finished top for the first time wth litterally the last kick of the season, I was 2 points behind the leaders with a game in hand on the final day, scored in the 94th minute to take a 3-2! That gives me a place in the CL qualifiers for next season. Just playing the last 3 games of the EL group stages, its funny cause my league seasons finished 2 months ago!
    How do you think you'll get on?

  14. #14
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    just got my first ever european victory! Beat PSG at home 1-0!

  15. #15
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo_1978 View Post
    Swap the coffee for something more potent ? LOL
    No, I'd swap the metal for the Blues game I'm listening to

  16. #16
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default



    Oooh...

  17. #17
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussieant32 View Post
    just got my first ever european victory! Beat PSG at home 1-0!
    Jeez! That's amazing!

  18. #18
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    2nd October 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Due to us being the only humans on FM at this time. I might ask you guys who I should choose with a new game, Looking for a team to dominate they're league but looking to get further in Europe ?

  19. #19
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post


    Oooh...
    what sort of money is that to you? Is that transfer budget big? It is to me!

  20. #20
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    8th May 2008
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    port vale feb season 2021-22 in the premier league. we won the domestic treble last season but we're struggling a little this season. we're in desperate need of a good back up striker and central defender but i'm being too cheap.

  21. #21
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo_1978 View Post
    Due to us being the only humans on FM at this time. I might ask you guys who I should choose with a new game, Looking for a team to dominate they're league but looking to get further in Europe ?
    someone from wales, but its a long slog in europe. What about someone like Ajax?

  22. #22
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo_1978 View Post
    Due to us being the only humans on FM at this time. I might ask you guys who I should choose with a new game, Looking for a team to dominate they're league but looking to get further in Europe ?
    Feyenoord? Leverkusen? Auxerre?

  23. #23
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    2nd October 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Ajax it is .. Cheers

  24. #24
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussieant32 View Post
    what sort of money is that to you? Is that transfer budget big? It is to me!
    It's more everything. But I've got my team here.

  25. #25
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Just signed a new 5 year contract, only had 12 months left on mine.

    Bursaspor next, the did me 1-0 away in the first game

  26. #26
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussieant32 View Post
    Just signed a new 5 year contract, only had 12 months left on mine.

    Bursaspor next, the did me 1-0 away in the first game
    5 year??? Woah!

  27. #27
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    I got £23 with which to avoid relegation with

  28. #28
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    8th May 2008
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    you two have inspired me to put this game on hold and start a new one. i only loaded 5 countries with this save because i thought the prediction tool was accurate. i have since learned it's useless so what do you guys think i should load besides the big 4-5?

    how many leagues do you think a 2.4ghz 4gb ram set up can handle? i want a proper journey man career none of this stick with the first team that hires me tripe that i usually end up doing!

  29. #29
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    5 year??? Woah!
    they offerd 3 and I asked for 5 and they accepted!

    just drew 1-1 with bursaspor and beat SC Heerenveen 3-1 at home, really happy, last year I lost all the games pretty comfortably, this year i only missed getting throught by 2 points!

    I get my budget etc tomorrow... here we go!

  30. #30
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th August 2009
    Location
    The North West
    Posts
    364

    Default

    I am managing 3 teams cause I am a sick jock.

    Kaizer Chiefs in South Africa as I couldnt figure out how to load the Zimbabwean leagues

    Southport as I have always wanted to try out the Blue Square Prem

    And my beloved Champions, Chelsea. I hate seeing other managers mess it up

  31. #31
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    250k, almost no extra money for wages and minimum expectation is european quals.

    All i need is a CM and a back up keeper so this should be more than enough

  32. #32
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bardock View Post
    you two have inspired me to put this game on hold and start a new one. i only loaded 5 countries with this save because i thought the prediction tool was accurate. i have since learned it's useless so what do you guys think i should load besides the big 4-5?

    how many leagues do you think a 2.4ghz 4gb ram set up can handle? i want a proper journey man career none of this stick with the first team that hires me tripe that i usually end up doing!
    I've got England, Spain, France, Holland, Germany, Portugal and Italy loaded. That's more than enough for me.

  33. #33
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    8th May 2008
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    I've got England, Spain, France, Holland, Germany, Portugal and Italy loaded. That's more than enough for me.
    all to the lowest league? what's your set up like? i hope i'm not bothering you with all these inane questions. i was thinking i'd run what you have plus turkey and greece.

  34. #34
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bardock View Post
    all to the lowest league? what's your set up like? i hope i'm not bothering you with all these inane questions. i was thinking i'd run what you have plus turkey and greece.
    2gHz with 4gb ram, but it's old. And all to the lowest setting.

  35. #35
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    8th May 2008
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    yeah mine is pretty old too. i chose a bunch of leagues lets hope it doesn't fall apart. thanks for the help man.

  36. #36
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bardock View Post
    yeah mine is pretty old too. i chose a bunch of leagues lets hope it doesn't fall apart. thanks for the help man.
    No problems!

    Just trying to get decent enough players for the team

  37. #37
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    well i found my CM and back up GK anda decent looking regen centre half from brazil.

    Also tied down my best defender to a 4 year deal as some clubs were sniffing

  38. #38
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussieant32 View Post
    well i found my CM and back up GK anda decent looking regen centre half from brazil.

    Also tied down my best defender to a 4 year deal as some clubs were sniffing
    I can't even get a goalie on loan atm

  39. #39
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Tony Kautto - he sint a world beater but he is a handy backup for cups etc

  40. #40
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    8th May 2008
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    i got my first gig at clube sport maritimo b. i get 725/week, 30k to spend but i'm over my 3k wage budget by 2k. very weird i have players on loan at the club taking big wages but their attributes are masked.

  41. #41
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussieant32 View Post
    Tony Kautto - he sint a world beater but he is a handy backup for cups etc
    He'd be my #1 right now. I have ZERO Gk's

  42. #42
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bardock View Post
    i got my first gig at clube sport maritimo b. i get 725/week, 30k to spend but i'm over my 3k wage budget by 2k. very weird i have players on loan at the club taking big wages but their attributes are masked.
    Good luck!

  43. #43
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    and my new regen defeder gets a goal on his debut!

  44. #44
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    8th May 2008
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    Good luck!
    thanks i'm going to need it!

  45. #45
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bardock View Post
    thanks i'm going to need it!
    Me and you both..

  46. #46
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    boys, whats your thoughts on this feature? In some countries you can only bring in free agents at certain times of the season. For example, i just signed a russian, 22 years old and without a club. I get him in the 'free transfer' window in august (6 months away). What about an option to bring the player to the club to train so he can at least keep up a bit of fitness?

  47. #47
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    8th May 2008
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    that's a great idea auss there shouldn't be a problem if there are no work permit issues

  48. #48
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    just annoying that they are basically doing no training etc for 6 months at a time where their stats are effected most!

  49. #49
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    8th May 2008
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    you're right and the feature is realistic you should stick it in the wish thread just in case they do actually read it.

  50. #50
    Third Team
    Join Date
    16th April 2009
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Right guys, I'm off! Enjoy!

  51. #51
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    Right guys, I'm off! Enjoy!
    night mate, have a good one

  52. #52
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bardock View Post
    you're right and the feature is realistic you should stick it in the wish thread just in case they do actually read it.
    might do, i doubt they do though, there have been heaps of good ideas in there that have gone unnoticed.

    hows the save going?

  53. #53
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    8th May 2008
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    to be honest i'm not sure. i'm playing my first friendly against my parent club maritimo and my boys are doing well. i'll have to go through the season with what i have because of 4 players who are paid a lot of money by us but seem to be in limbo because they can't be selected.

    how is yours going? finland right?

  54. #54
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    yer im FC Santa Claus

    Im going ok, im in 2022 now, finished top of the league for the first time last year. Just won the League cup, its set up as a pre season tournament in Finland. Have won it 3 of the last 4 years. Really happy my squads starting to come good, its been a long 12 seasons so far!

  55. #55
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Can I jump into the excitement and ask for an idea for a new save? I am bored witless of trying to conquer the European circuit with Wigan after failing to retain the Premiership for the sixth consecutive year. Who knew signing old players with huge reputations could result in league success? Kaka got world player of the year at 35.

    Back to the question; totally clueless on where to go now. Are dynamic league reputations making management in other countries worthwhile? I haven't had a good foreign save since FC Koper of Slovenia

  56. #56
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    i believe they are. I know someone on the board with Tampere United in Finland, in his league they have auto qual for CL and EL (all qual round to start with) and he is getting 25000 at a game.

    Even with mine, really I havent done anything yet but already english players are semi interested in me, whereas before it was only eastern europeans and africans.

  57. #57
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Very tempted to start an unemployment career in the Scandinavian area. Could be interesting to finally be able to sign some decent players for those teams. I remember when I got to the quarter finals of the EURO Cup with FC Koper, I had to break all kinds of records to get hold of Nacer Barazite and Jacob Mellis as Arsenal and Chelsea rejects respectively. Any recommendations for sizzling lower league management in the Eastern European block?

  58. #58
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    well im really enjoying Finland, mainly cause of the team i guess, but why not load up all of them? Or even go to the challenges forum and try Gundos challenge.

  59. #59
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Ah, haven't looked at the challenge forums in actual years. After completing dafuge's with Mangotsfield, this seems an equally fun challenge. I think I might go Finland, Belarus and Iceland, as they are the 3 lowest non-UK and Ireland league reputations, with adding the notoriously 'buggy' Bulgarian league. Thanks for the advice. No doubt our paths will cross again on another 'Night Owl' page. I wish you luck with your Finnish endeavour.

  60. #60
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    im sure they will, are you heading off now?

  61. #61
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    8th May 2008
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussieant32 View Post
    yer im FC Santa Claus

    Im going ok, im in 2022 now, finished top of the league for the first time last year. Just won the League cup, its set up as a pre season tournament in Finland. Have won it 3 of the last 4 years. Really happy my squads starting to come good, its been a long 12 seasons so far!
    congratulations! sounds like my save with port vale it took me 6 years to get them into the premier league then another 5 to win it (2021 too). by the way did you create that club or is it a real club?

  62. #62
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    I've actually got a few hours ahead of me, but didn't want to intrude too heavily in your gaming pleasure. Just being distracted by early morning bird song suggesting I should be in bed. I think they will be ignored for now though.

  63. #63
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bardock View Post
    congratulations! sounds like my save with port vale it took me 6 years to get them into the premier league then another 5 to win it (2021 too). by the way did you create that club or is it a real club?
    Bardock, just out of curiosity, are you actually a Vale fan or were they just selected by chance? I am only asking as I have frequently visited Vale Park and adorned the top in chants of Wonder of You :P

  64. #64
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bardock View Post
    congratulations! sounds like my save with port vale it took me 6 years to get them into the premier league then another 5 to win it (2021 too). by the way did you create that club or is it a real club?
    nah its a real club, im doing gundos challenge, you basically choose one of a select number of leagues, i chose finland obviously, then you holiday a year and take over a team that got promoted to the lowest league.

  65. #65
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoppeh View Post
    I've actually got a few hours ahead of me, but didn't want to intrude too heavily in your gaming pleasure. Just being distracted by early morning bird song suggesting I should be in bed. I think they will be ignored for now though.
    thats why these threads get set up mate, to chat to others playing an all nighter!

  66. #66
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Just noticed your researcher status aussieant. Still sore about Robbie Fowler jumping ship to Perth Glory? Or is Williams still getting the business done?

  67. #67
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    8th May 2008
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    hahaha no i started unemployed they hired me in december of the first year because they were 20th if i recall correctly. although admittedly i now have a soft spot for them and do follow them from afar. chesterfield too they were my big save last year.

  68. #68
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    porto just won the CL for a third year in a row, mainly thnks to Rafael

  69. #69
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bardock View Post
    hahaha no i started unemployed they hired me in december of the first year because they were 20th if i recall correctly. although admittedly i now have a soft spot for them and do follow them from afar. chesterfield too they were my big save last year.
    Don't let too many of those fans let you hear you having soft spots for both sides, they were only locking horns as promotion contenders recently! I am literally a couple miles down the road from Vale Park whilst at University, decided to adopt them as my second team.

  70. #70
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoppeh View Post
    Just noticed your researcher status aussieant. Still sore about Robbie Fowler jumping ship to Perth Glory? Or is Williams still getting the business done?
    I actually dont support them, i was just asked to try help out to get the stats in the A-league a bit better! I have a friend send me a dvd with every game on it every few weeks, dont see much A-league in Terrassa!

  71. #71
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussieant32 View Post
    porto just won the CL for a third year in a row, mainly thnks to Rafael
    Do love how the game advances sometimes. Sweden retaining the World Cup was a particular highlight in the years 2026 and '30

  72. #72
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Did become confused with your Spanish location and Australian research. Thought you might have been privately financing trips over to A-league games. A billionaire's idea of fun.

  73. #73
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    no, just didnt have anyone else for it, there is still a club without a researcher!

    I think i did an ok job, couldnt have been worse then what it was!

  74. #74
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    I can't admit to having ever watched the A-League in detail, other than briefly knowing that Robbie Fowler was prolific for a while. If he is banging them in at 34/35, I can't imagine it is the greatest standard of league. I'd quite happily offer my two cents worth if FM ever got to the detail of including Inter-University football. I do think that is a rather distant dream though. If you are in the mood for offering your opinions, do you mind if you run an idea I just posted in suggestions past you? You seem to be fairly level headed, as forum posters go.

  75. #75
    Third Team
    Join Date
    23rd February 2003
    Location
    White Hart Lane
    Posts
    8,683

    Default

    Currently playing as Juve to waste time until the new patch comes out then will start a career game as Pompey.

  76. #76
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoppeh View Post
    I can't admit to having ever watched the A-League in detail, other than briefly knowing that Robbie Fowler was prolific for a while. If he is banging them in at 34/35, I can't imagine it is the greatest standard of league. I'd quite happily offer my two cents worth if FM ever got to the detail of including Inter-University football. I do think that is a rather distant dream though. If you are in the mood for offering your opinions, do you mind if you run an idea I just posted in suggestions past you? You seem to be fairly level headed, as forum posters go.

    go for it mate, always willing to share an opinion with someone that isnt just moaning about the game like alot of people on here do!

  77. #77
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam.S View Post
    Currently playing as Juve to waste time until the new patch comes out then will start a career game as Pompey.
    how is it going mate?

  78. #78
    Third Team
    Join Date
    23rd February 2003
    Location
    White Hart Lane
    Posts
    8,683

    Default

    Robbie Fowler has struggled , only scored 9 in his first season and didn't score much this year either. Hardly a stand out.

  79. #79
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam.S View Post
    Currently playing as Juve to waste time until the new patch comes out then will start a career game as Pompey.
    Pompey fan?

  80. #80
    Third Team
    Join Date
    23rd February 2003
    Location
    White Hart Lane
    Posts
    8,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussieant32 View Post
    how is it going mate?
    Not to bad , 3 points off top of Serie A , only 9 games in though and doing ok in Europe. Can't keep a clean sheet for the life of me though

  81. #81
    Third Team
    Join Date
    23rd February 2003
    Location
    White Hart Lane
    Posts
    8,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoppeh View Post
    Pompey fan?
    Nah just like the challenge of taking over a club that has hardly any players , horrible finances and it is a job that no manager would really dare with as it is destined to fail so looking forward to the challenge.

  82. #82
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    The idea, whether it is possible or not is another matter, is allowing users of offline databases to export their squads from their successful saves (e.g. if Santa Cruz were to go onto CL glory I am sure you would like to test their metal against other good sides) into a mutual server hosted by SI and do battle. Possibly in a large cup format, working down to same geographical position leagues and the option to interact with friendlies with your mates to see who has the best squad. Would finally settle who had the better team for offline saves. Like I said, whether it's possible is another issue, but if they can manage the interaction of databases for Network games and player v player on FML, I can't imagine they are far off being able to make it work.

    Not sure if that made sense, outlined it more on suggestion page, will get you the link.

  83. #83
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    8th May 2008
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoppeh View Post
    Don't let too many of those fans let you hear you having soft spots for both sides, they were only locking horns as promotion contenders recently! I am literally a couple miles down the road from Vale Park whilst at University, decided to adopt them as my second team.
    keele? i only ask because i got accepted to keele and was considering going there but money was tight. we were living in brisbane at the time so attended the university of queensland.

  84. #84
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    A manager not obsessed with transfer budgets. You are a dying breed Adam. Bournemouth were a similar challenge.

  85. #85
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bardock View Post
    keele? i only ask because i got accepted to keele and was considering going there but money was tight. we were living in brisbane at the time so attended the university of queensland.
    Sure is. Proud member of Keele University. Small world, huh?

  86. #86
    Third Team
    Join Date
    23rd February 2003
    Location
    White Hart Lane
    Posts
    8,683

    Default

    Am I the only one who absolutely hates conceding? Would rather play out a 0-0 draw then a 3-3.

  87. #87
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam.S View Post
    Am I the only one who absolutely hates conceding? Would rather play out a 0-0 draw then a 3-3.
    Devised a tactic for the Italian league a while ago that played 6 defenders, 3 midfielders and a striker. Conceded 8 goals all season with Inter Milan. Was very chuffed with myself. Nothing worse than the flash of the opposition's colours for me either.

  88. #88
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

  89. #89
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoppeh View Post
    The idea, whether it is possible or not is another matter, is allowing users of offline databases to export their squads from their successful saves (e.g. if Santa Cruz were to go onto CL glory I am sure you would like to test their metal against other good sides) into a mutual server hosted by SI and do battle. Possibly in a large cup format, working down to same geographical position leagues and the option to interact with friendlies with your mates to see who has the best squad. Would finally settle who had the better team for offline saves. Like I said, whether it's possible is another issue, but if they can manage the interaction of databases for Network games and player v player on FML, I can't imagine they are far off being able to make it work.

    Not sure if that made sense, outlined it more on suggestion page, will get you the link.
    i know what your saying, i can see some downsides of it though. Alot of people use FMRTE etc to get top players at the club etc.

    But in theory i would love it, to see FC Santa Claus dominating everyone around the world would be very satisfying!

  90. #90
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussieant32 View Post
    i know what your saying, i can see some downsides of it though. Alot of people use FMRTE etc to get top players at the club etc.

    But in theory i would love it, to see FC Santa Claus dominating everyone around the world would be very satisfying!
    I thought of a couple of ways around FMRTE and pre-existing database changes, but meaning that they have to connect to a server like they have to on Football Manager Live. Stops them being able to change their squads then. And the server would only accept squad lists from official updates. Like I said, don't know whether they are technically capable of that, but would be amazing imo.

  91. #91
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoppeh View Post
    I thought of a couple of ways around FMRTE and pre-existing database changes, but meaning that they have to connect to a server like they have to on Football Manager Live. Stops them being able to change their squads then. And the server would only accept squad lists from official updates. Like I said, don't know whether they are technically capable of that, but would be amazing imo.
    yer i think its a good idea if they can work out how to detect if FMRTE etc has been used. I usually dont post in that thread though, most people just tell you that your idea is stupid and shouldnt be added.

    The most common response is "Id rather they get the actual game right first" - wish those people would read the thread title first

  92. #92
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    having my best start to a season, played 9, won 7, drew 1, lost 1, scored 22 conceded 3!

  93. #93
    Third Team
    Join Date
    23rd February 2003
    Location
    White Hart Lane
    Posts
    8,683

    Default

    What tactic you using aussieant and what team are you? Sorry can't be bothered scrolling up lol

  94. #94
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    It seems that there is a large amount of idiots playing the game. Always nice when you stumble across another non-flaming idiot. I think they could perhaps stop some edits but even if they couldn't, it could be avoided by a CA/PA cap (maybe). You could even have an open competition where all the players are of a set standard (like the way you get that Master League team everytime you start PES Career modes) and see who has the most tactical nouse. Couldn't be many arguments that way. I mean, the 'idiots' that would be tempted to cheat probably wouldn't know what had hit them if they came up against someone with solid tactical ability.

  95. #95
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    playing a 433, im FC Santa Claus in Finland, currently in 2023

  96. #96
    Third Team
    Join Date
    23rd February 2003
    Location
    White Hart Lane
    Posts
    8,683

    Default

    Is that a real team?

  97. #97
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Nobody seems to believe you on this team auss. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Santa_Claus - I think it's particularly fitting they wear all red and have a Father Christmas badge. Very funny.

  98. #98
    Third Team
    Join Date
    23rd February 2003
    Location
    White Hart Lane
    Posts
    8,683

    Default

    2 players sent off within 25 mins. pffft need new patch

  99. #99
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th February 2007
    Location
    South Coast, England
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Dirty Italian football, never changes! Still waiting for my holiday season to expire so I can begin the Gundo challenge as well. Lower league management in Iceland or Finland awaits..

  100. #100
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoppeh View Post
    Nobody seems to believe you on this team auss. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Santa_Claus - I think it's particularly fitting they wear all red and have a Father Christmas badge. Very funny.
    andin FM their club legend is Santa Claus!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts