is this a Group stage bug?

I'm managing Manchester united,

In the champion league group stage

1. Stuttgart Pld 6 Win 4 Drn 2 Lst 0 For 13 AG 3 GD +10 Pts 14

2. Manchester united Pld 6 Win 4 Drn 2 Lst 0 For 16 AG 4 GD +12 Pts 14

This is the final result in group stage, I qualified in second place but i had more GD, is this a bug?

The GD rule only applies if the matches between the two of you are ties of the same score. If the tie is different, the team with more away goals scored still wins. Hope that clears up abit. You can also find the rules in-game. ^.^

it was 2-2 at old trafford, i though GD and GS would put me in 1st place, and also thought away goals are applied only in the knock-out stages

nope, in the CL it is head to head first. If you draw both then away goals count.

Look in the sorting rules in the competition screen.

This is a real rule not an Fm rule..

Some domestic leagues use results between teams over goal difference in their league sorting rules too, off the top of my head: La Liga (Spain), Serie A (Italy), Liga Sagres (Portugal) are among them.

Always a good idea to familiarise yourself with the rules of every competition you are participating in at the start, otherwise you may get a nasty surprise at the end. It could make a difference to how you approach a game, for example your last ECL group match if you know you need a win/draw or a certain number of goals etc...

Some domestic leagues use results between teams over goal difference in their league sorting rules too, off the top of my head: La Liga (Spain), Serie A (Italy), Liga Sagres (Portugal) are among them.

Always a good idea to familiarise yourself with the rules of every competition you are participating in at the start, otherwise you may get a nasty surprise at the end. It could make a difference to how you approach a game, for example your last ECL group match if you know you need a win/draw or a certain number of goals etc...

How odd you use the local names for the competitions for Italy and Portugal yet use the name only the English use for the Spanish competition ;)

How odd you use the local names for the competitions for Italy and Portugal yet use the name only the English use for the Spanish competition ;)

Vast majority of people on here are English, these are just the names the English would know/understand for these competitions.

Also, "La Liga" quicker to type than "Primera División".

Sorry you think I'm "odd" for doing that.

Archived