+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: is this a Group stage bug?

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th February 2010
    Posts
    117

    Unhappy is this a Group stage bug?

    I'm managing Manchester united,
    In the champion league group stage

    1. Stuttgart Pld 6 Win 4 Drn 2 Lst 0 For 13 AG 3 GD +10 Pts 14
    2. Manchester united Pld 6 Win 4 Drn 2 Lst 0 For 16 AG 4 GD +12 Pts 14

    This is the final result in group stage, I qualified in second place but i had more GD, is this a bug?
    Last edited by Darry Casey; 10-02-2011 at 23:02.

  2. #2
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    no as it goes on head to head first, what was your result agianst them

  3. #3
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th November 2007
    Posts
    223

    Default

    The GD rule only applies if the matches between the two of you are ties of the same score. If the tie is different, the team with more away goals scored still wins. Hope that clears up abit. You can also find the rules in-game. ^.^

  4. #4
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th February 2010
    Posts
    117

    Default

    first game was 1-1, second game was 2-2

  5. #5
    Part-timer
    Join Date
    29th May 2003
    Location
    ]Expecting new pc around 2009 and looking forward to FM 2010
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darry Casey View Post
    first game was 1-1, second game was 2-2
    Who played home at what game?

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd August 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darry Casey View Post
    first game was 1-1, second game was 2-2
    Presumably the 2-2 draw was @ Old Trafford giving Stuttgart the away goals advantage.

  7. #7
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th February 2010
    Posts
    117

    Default

    it was 2-2 at old trafford, i though GD and GS would put me in 1st place, and also thought away goals are applied only in the knock-out stages

  8. #8
    FC Oss Researcher
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Location
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darry Casey View Post
    it was 2-2 at old trafford, i though GD and GS would put me in 1st place, and also thought away goals are applied only in the knock-out stages
    nope, in the CL it is head to head first. If you draw both then away goals count.

    Look in the sorting rules in the competition screen.

    This is a real rule not an Fm rule..

  9. #9
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    24th November 2004
    Location
    Knee-deep in clunge
    Posts
    1,368

    Default

    Some domestic leagues use results between teams over goal difference in their league sorting rules too, off the top of my head: La Liga (Spain), Serie A (Italy), Liga Sagres (Portugal) are among them.

    Always a good idea to familiarise yourself with the rules of every competition you are participating in at the start, otherwise you may get a nasty surprise at the end. It could make a difference to how you approach a game, for example your last ECL group match if you know you need a win/draw or a certain number of goals etc...
    Last edited by robzilla; 11-02-2011 at 09:31.

  10. #10
    Part-timer
    Join Date
    29th May 2003
    Location
    ]Expecting new pc around 2009 and looking forward to FM 2010
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    Some domestic leagues use results between teams over goal difference in their league sorting rules too, off the top of my head: La Liga (Spain), Serie A (Italy), Liga Sagres (Portugal) are among them.

    Always a good idea to familiarise yourself with the rules of every competition you are participating in at the start, otherwise you may get a nasty surprise at the end. It could make a difference to how you approach a game, for example your last ECL group match if you know you need a win/draw or a certain number of goals etc...
    How odd you use the local names for the competitions for Italy and Portugal yet use the name only the English use for the Spanish competition ;)

  11. #11
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    24th November 2004
    Location
    Knee-deep in clunge
    Posts
    1,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giziar View Post
    How odd you use the local names for the competitions for Italy and Portugal yet use the name only the English use for the Spanish competition ;)
    Vast majority of people on here are English, these are just the names the English would know/understand for these competitions.

    Also, "La Liga" quicker to type than "Primera División".

    Sorry you think I'm "odd" for doing that.
    Last edited by robzilla; 14-02-2011 at 10:10.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts