Players to look for in next patch

The data patch is soon to come and some players will be downgraded and upgraded. who will be the new favourites?

jack wilshere - surely he will be one of the best prospects now.

oxlade-chamberlain - every big club in england is after this guy

josh mceachran - his ability should have been boosted quite a bit.

downrated:

neymar - the next denilson(should be labeled that in description)

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jack wilshere is already one of , if not THE top midfield prospect around... should get upgraded TOO much.

alex chamberlain i agree with... needs his CA and attributes upgraded quite a bit ... and his potential somewhat too.

josh is a little bit behind the likes of wilshere etc in terms of development but his potential should definately be high

looking forward to seeing the likes of cristian erikson, coutinho (inter) and realllyyy wanna see jordan henderson upgraded... the lads special

Can't argue with this one;

ALEX OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN!!!

As for the other;

Jack Wilshere - Arsenal

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Arsenal

Josh McEachran - Chelsea

Luke Garbutt - Everton

Martin Kelly - Liverpool

Jordan Henderson - Sunderland

Chuks Aneke - Arsenal

Gyliano Van Velzen - Man Utd.

Barry Bannan - Aston Villa

Andy Carroll - Liverpool

Jonny Howson - Leeds

The list can go on & on. :thup:

Urko Vera (being a new signing for Athletic Bilbao) should get an upgrade, Athletic youngster Ekiza (who basically came out of nowhere and has been a solid central defender) should be decent in the next patch. Also on the Athletic side, I don't understand why Jon Aurtenetxe has his primary role as CB, because he mostly has played at LB- he could use a few attribute tweaks to reflect this.

Stuart Holden is also a bit underrated, though I wouldn't say greatly so.

English players generally don't need upgrades because they're pretty much all overrated, but it would be nice if Rooney's attributes were lowered.

Stuart Holden is also a bit underrated, though I wouldn't say greatly so.

English players generally don't need upgrades because they're pretty much all overrated, but it would be nice if Rooney's attributes were lowered.

I would say Holden is pretty underrated though I think his stats look a lot worse because of his either-footedness.

And Rooney deserves a pretty significant decrease. I think it's pretty obvious last year was an outlier and while he's a very good player, I wouldn't say he's world class.

A few Dortmund players deserve attribute increases. Sahin has been one of the best midfielders in the world this season and while he's pretty good, he definitely deserves increases in some attributes. Götze needs better physicals and technical attributes. He's been much better than Wilshere but German players always get underrated. I would also say Sven Bender deserves a boost in CA.

Josh McEachran definitely needs a better starting CA, he's good fitting potential but it's a massive leap for him to reach it.

Maybe Cavani a little one, already top class but he's destroying the Serie A at the moment.

Cavani is spot on.

Alessandro Matri

Kevin Constant

both deserve upgrades

Matri is vastly overrated IRL - and just because he has been signed by Juventus (a mid-table to Europa league side this season) doesnt make him a super star.

His selection for Italy was not boosted by performances but only by the fact that he now plays for Juventus. Italy and its politics will never change. If Matri would have stayed for Cagliari or moved to a southern club, he would never get picked for Italy.

125 appearances and 36 goals (at Cagliari) is a mediocre return for a striker who is nearly 27 years old and will probably only have another 3-4 seasons left in his legs.

I am sorry but Matri is what he is, a mediocre striker who was the focal point of a mediocre team (and never netted over 13 goals in his career) and nothing will change at Juventus.

The Juventus scouts and Italian National team selection scouts all need some "revision" while I think Matri is just fine and doesn't need a boost in FM.

The last thing we need is Matri to be boosted so that he actually scores like Cavani, Di Natale and funnily 35 year old Di Vaio... (another mediocre player playing for a mediocre side, but is the focal point so he scores a lot of goals.)

I just know that if Cavani were to be playing at any other "top club" there would be endless talk of how great he was and how he required a boost, especially if he were to be (god forbid) playing for a cheating club like Juventus.

And Rooney deserves a pretty significant decrease. I think it's pretty obvious last year was an outlier and while he's a very good player, I wouldn't say he's world class.

Exactly the sort of knee-jerk reaction that we always get in the patches when someone has a blip in form... Does that mean Torres should be neutered too? Fabregas was only average for the first few months of the season, as is Drogba right now too - maybe we should reduce them too. Personal problems, injuries and a world cup are maybe the reasons for these guys not hitting the heights so does that really warrant an attribute cull? Maybe come the end of the season/start of the next if they're still not performing then perhaps they can be looked at...

Matri is vastly overrated IRL - and just because he has been signed by Juventus (a mid-table to Europa league side this season) doesnt make him a super star.

His selection for Italy was not boosted by performances but only by the fact that he now plays for Juventus. Italy and its politics will never change. If Matri would have stayed for Cagliari or moved to a southern club, he would never get picked for Italy.

125 appearances and 36 goals (at Cagliari) is a mediocre return for a striker who is nearly 27 years old and will probably only have another 3-4 seasons left in his legs.

I am sorry but Matri is what he is, a mediocre striker who was the focal point of a mediocre team (and never netted over 13 goals in his career) and nothing will change at Juventus.

The Juventus scouts and Italian National team selection scouts all need some "revision" while I think Matri is just fine and doesn't need a boost in FM.

The last thing we need is Matri to be boosted so that he actually scores like Cavani, Di Natale and funnily 35 year old Di Vaio... (another mediocre player playing for a mediocre side, but is the focal point so he scores a lot of goals.)

I just know that if Cavani were to be playing at any other "top club" there would be endless talk of how great he was and how he required a boost, especially if he were to be (god forbid) playing for a cheating club like Juventus.

Mate ur wayyy of the mark. Your only saying this because you quite clearly hate juventus. There is no way in hell Cavani should be inproved. He is exactly perfect the way he is. No doubt about it. And about Matri u obviosuly haven't seen him play. Along with Ibra, Cavani and Pazzini in the Serie A he is as compete a forward as you can get. He has been scoring consistently the past couple of season and has shown him worth.

Exactly the sort of knee-jerk reaction that we always get in the patches when someone has a blip in form... Does that mean Torres should be neutered too? Fabregas was only average for the first few months of the season, as is Drogba right now too - maybe we should reduce them too. Personal problems, injuries and a world cup are maybe the reasons for these guys not hitting the heights so does that really warrant an attribute cull? Maybe come the end of the season/start of the next if they're still not performing then perhaps they can be looked at...

This!!

People always seem to confuse form with ability.

Look at Rooney's attributes. He has the stats of one of the best players in the world. Look at his performances over his career, not just last year. You see a lot of good seasons but only one great season, last year. If anything, the knee jerk reaction was making him that good after a season that will never reproduce. He has only scored more than 14 goals twice(05-06 & last year) and last year was the only time he had scored more than a goal every other game. In comparison, Torres has done it every full year he's been in the PL. I'm not saying that Rooney needs to be made into a bum but he should not be one of the best strikers in the world. Rate him based on his career as a whole which is still a very very good player but not world class.

Matri is a decent player and is having a good season at Cagliari i agree he is good but he was not selected because he playes for juve as prandeilli is expeiramenting which is what you do in friendlies and he had like 6 players from Palermo it doesnt matter where u are playing.. you obviously dont know a lot about italian football with ur typical steriotypeing

Rooney is overrated on FM11 at the moment though. On my save he's just retired as England's greatest ever player and the best striker in the world from the day the game starts to the day he retires. Even on his best day IRL he's not that good.

jack wilshere is already one of , if not THE top midfield prospect around... should get upgraded TOO much.

alex chamberlain i agree with... needs his CA and attributes upgraded quite a bit ... and his potential somewhat too.

josh is a little bit behind the likes of wilshere etc in terms of development but his potential should definately be high

looking forward to seeing the likes of cristian erikson, coutinho (inter) and realllyyy wanna see jordan henderson upgraded... the lads special

I actually think that Christian Eriksen has been underrated, for a long time, so I also hope to see and upgrade. Especially after the performance shown yesterday...

Torres has been dropped, 3 times in 3 patches iirc.

On topic, an England start and a couple of games for Arsenal does not a -10 make. Until Wilshere starts to look vaguely world class potential he should remain as he is with a CA boost to reflect his evident and encouraging development.

I hope Martin Kelly gets upgraded a bit. He's been brilliant whenever he's played this season, especially since Dalglish has taken over.

After speaking to the Liverpool researcher, I believe he confirmed Martin Kelly has been adjusted for the patch.

Torres has been dropped, 3 times in 3 patches iirc.

On topic, an England start and a couple of games for Arsenal does not a -10 make. Until Wilshere starts to look vaguely world class potential he should remain as he is with a CA boost to reflect his evident and encouraging development.

You say Torres has been dropped, which may be true if you have been monitoring his PA, however as I am sure you are aware, players PA is not the best indicator for how good a player will become. I have seen players with a PA of 165 become better players than players with a PA of 185. It is all to do with how they are developed and where their attributes are spread in accordance with their favoured position/positions. With regard to Torres, his PA may have dropped but he is a better goal scorer now for me than the season before his move to Liverpool and the season he moved to Liverpool and also the season after that. The reason for this is in part due to his CA being improved between his move to Liverpool and now. Where Torres has been most negatively affected stats wise is his injury proneness which is pretty hard to argue against.

So, someone who's PA has dropped (a little) but has seen a rise in CA - not sure they can be considered as being dropped. Having played as Liverpool consistently throughout the Torres tenure and before, Torres has got better as FM has evolved in my opinion rather than got worse.

Look at Rooney's attributes. He has the stats of one of the best players in the world. Look at his performances over his career, not just last year. You see a lot of good seasons but only one great season, last year. If anything, the knee jerk reaction was making him that good after a season that will never reproduce. He has only scored more than 14 goals twice(05-06 & last year) and last year was the only time he had scored more than a goal every other game. In comparison, Torres has done it every full year he's been in the PL. I'm not saying that Rooney needs to be made into a bum but he should not be one of the best strikers in the world. Rate him based on his career as a whole which is still a very very good player but not world class.

Rooney offers much more than goals as his career so far shows, the biggest reason for berbatovs great form is because of Rooney. lets not be too quick to down his stats, he could play in any team in the world no doubting that and so is a world class player.

A BLIP IN FORM?!

Then again, the English do think that the England national team is world-class.

And, yes, Torres should have lower attributes. He hasn't been the same player for a while now- AT LEAST since the World Cup.

The data patch is soon to come and some players will be downgraded and upgraded. who will be the new favourites?

jack wilshere - surely he will be one of the best prospects now.

oxlade-chamberlain - every big club in england is after this guy

josh mceachran - his ability should have been boosted quite a bit.

downrated:

neymar - the next denilson(should be labeled that in description)

Yeah, so many clubs are after him that there wasn't a single bid made for him in the January transfer window.

Archived