Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 101 to 200 of 270

Thread: Players to look for in next patch

  1. #101

    Default

    Eriksen definetly, but there is alot of young belgians prospect in real life. I think Belgium will be world number one someday

  2. #102
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th December 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aditya View Post
    Eriksen definetly, but there is alot of young belgians prospect in real life. I think Belgium will be world number one someday
    mmm, belgium has no team. believe me, im a belgian footy guide....
    as long as they dont have a right and left side defender, they ll never be nr 1. a lot of talented players, individual BEASTS!! but not a team...

  3. #103
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th January 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default

    LUIS SUAREZ! look at his stats and then look at his last match played for Liverpool. He deserves to be atleast stats wise like Torres if not better.

  4. #104
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeanWinchester View Post
    LUIS SUAREZ! look at his stats and then look at his last match played for Liverpool. He deserves to be atleast stats wise like Torres if not better.
    Calm down there.

  5. #105
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th April 2007
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dustygator View Post
    Look at Rooney's attributes. He has the stats of one of the best players in the world. Look at his performances over his career, not just last year. You see a lot of good seasons but only one great season, last year. If anything, the knee jerk reaction was making him that good after a season that will never reproduce. He has only scored more than 14 goals twice(05-06 & last year) and last year was the only time he had scored more than a goal every other game. In comparison, Torres has done it every full year he's been in the PL. I'm not saying that Rooney needs to be made into a bum but he should not be one of the best strikers in the world. Rate him based on his career as a whole which is still a very very good player but not world class.
    Only one year has torres done significantly better in the goals tally. Rooney doesn't play as a conventional striker a lot of the time unlike torres who is depended on for goals.

    People forget that PA should be the absolute limit of how good a player should be. PA should not change after a player has reached a certain age but it doesn't always mean that their CA will reach it.

    As for the argument that players can't be world class because they dont do anything internationally, that is a joke. There are any number of great or even world class players who have never done anything internationally because of either the country they play for or the way they are played in that team. Messi didnt do much at the world cup, lets lower his stats. phhh
    Last edited by kkas; 13-02-2011 at 19:30.

  6. #106
    Reserves
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    14,964

    Default

    The big thing about Rooney is he has only played one season as the main goal geter at Man U, and he did very very well, the rest of the time he has played as a support striker, so infact for the role he plays his goal ratio is very very good. Also again ratings are based on last season, last season Rooney was unstoppable until he got injured and he was their main goal threat, hence why he is good at it in the game, play as your lead man and like he did last season he will get a lot of goals, play him as a support striker, like he has for every other season at united and he will do that job very well.

  7. #107
    Third Team
    Join Date
    7th March 2007
    Location
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.
    Posts
    6,670

    Default

    Reading this thread, I'm thankful none of you are researchers.

  8. #108
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th August 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, AUS
    Posts
    606

    Default

    tbh you can whinge all about 'form' and 'class' all you want

    but based on the precedent that was the Elano rating on FM08? (just after he joined city) then this is a totally valid argument (he was in a purple patch and was given god-like ratings for patch x.1 and then subsequently decreased in patch x.3)

    as for Rooney, he ALWAYS has been overrated on FM (although this just might be a strikers issue in general) in that Rooney always scores over 25 per league season (even when he first moved to Man Utd and scored <15 goals in the previous season)
    this issue just might be for strikers in general, but i think it's emphasised by the fact that Rooney scores >20 per season, when he never gets anywhere near that IRL (bar last season), he has since regressed (FM speak) into about a 15-20 goal per season striker (and is worthy of a decrease) but then i've been of the belief that ALL english researchers overrated the players anyways (compare Darren Bent [who has scored 10 goals this season] to Edinson Cavani)

    @kkas - Messi was arguably argentina's best player at the world cup (and even got nominated for the golden ball)... which measn that he had a good world cup, rather than 'flopped' on the international stage
    Last edited by samdiatmh; 14-02-2011 at 00:10.

  9. #109
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    2nd October 2008
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samdiatmh View Post
    tbh you can whinge all about 'form' and 'class' all you want

    but based on the precedent that was the Elano rating on FM08? (just after he joined city) then this is a totally valid argument (he was in a purple patch and was given god-like ratings for patch x.1 and then subsequently decreased in patch x.3)

    as for Rooney, he ALWAYS has been overrated on FM (although this just might be a strikers issue in general) in that Rooney always scores over 25 per league season (even when he first moved to Man Utd and scored <15 goals in the previous season)
    this issue just might be for strikers in general, but i think it's emphasised by the fact that Rooney scores >20 per season, when he never gets anywhere near that IRL (bar last season), he has since regressed (FM speak) into about a 15-20 goal per season striker (and is worthy of a decrease) but then i've been of the belief that ALL english researchers overrated the players anyways (compare Darren Bent [who has scored 10 goals this season] to Edinson Cavani)

    @kkas - Messi was arguably argentina's best player at the world cup (and even got nominated for the golden ball)... which measn that he had a good world cup, rather than 'flopped' on the international stage
    i agree with pretty much all of this post. You're abit harsh on Rooney saying he never gets near more than 20 goals a season but i see what you are saying.

    As for Messi i'm not sure why there is an opinion that he flopped at the world cup. He was playing a different role and position to what he plays for Barca and he was unlucky not to get a few goals but all in all i thought he pulled most of the strings for Argentina and seemed to transition from amazing goalscorer to a world class playmaker which proved even more what a class act he is.

  10. #110
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    19th October 2006
    Posts
    803

    Default

    wilshere needs some attributes changing, his pa is fine. ramsey can be lowered as his is a bit ott anyway imo

    as an arsenal fan i watch 99% of our games so i think it's fair to say

    djourou needs a higher pa and some stats improved
    wilshere needs to be a natural cm not amc and have improved tackling, strength and atnticipation
    arshavin should be slightly downgraded on this seasons performances (recent turnaround?) especially passing and work rate
    nasri could have his pace improved a little and some stats tweaked...
    theo needs to have better technical stats which are lower than agbonlahors (LOL)
    ryo needs to be created and added on loan to feyanord
    fabianski and sneezy need to be upgraded also

    lookinbg forward to the patch but i don't know if stats are changed?

  11. #111
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Upgrade:

    Ibrahimovic: Mostly mentals. He has become an amazing team player and leader this year. Very good work rate and all that now.
    Cassano: Mostly passing. Literally amazing at assists now.
    Robinho: Mostly mentals. Also works very hard and is more determined and works for the team. If they had a stat for shooting power it should be moved down to 0 though.
    Merkel: he has been a revelation really. Really looks a top top player in the making.

    Downgrade:

    I'd definitely downgrade people like Rooney and Torres further. Ideally they'd be some sort of stat for long term form. I'm sure what length of time consistency relates to or whether it is just done on a game per game basis. But people like Torres and Rooney should have a 0 for a stat that determines how well they can maintain form in the long term. Someone like David Villa would have 20 because he always plays good.

    But going on the current system, Torres and Rooney are both just not all that great. High flair maybe, but you know, its just not acceptable at all to be as poor as Rooney was at the World Cup for example.

  12. #112
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th August 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, AUS
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charlo116 View Post
    i agree with pretty much all of this post. You're abit harsh on Rooney saying he never gets near more than 20 goals a season but i see what you are saying.
    I mean league stats (rather than all comps)

    let's look shall we

    Everton:
    33apps, 6 goals
    34apps, 9 goals

    Man Utd:
    29apps, 11 goals
    36apps, 16 goals
    35apps, 14 goals
    27apps, 12 goals
    30apps, 12 goals
    32apps, 26 goals
    17apps, 5 goals (this season)

    he has only scored more than 20 league goals on 1 occasion throughout his career, whereas on FM he seems to score 20-25 goals per season (this has been going since at least FM08)

  13. #113
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    2nd October 2008
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samdiatmh View Post
    I mean league stats (rather than all comps)

    let's look shall we

    Everton:
    33apps, 6 goals
    34apps, 9 goals

    Man Utd:
    29apps, 11 goals
    36apps, 16 goals
    35apps, 14 goals
    27apps, 12 goals
    30apps, 12 goals
    32apps, 26 goals
    17apps, 5 goals (this season)

    he has only scored more than 20 league goals on 1 occasion throughout his career, whereas on FM he seems to score 20-25 goals per season (this has been going since at least FM08)
    yeah fair enough i thought you were referring to all competitions.

  14. #114
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd November 2007
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samdiatmh View Post
    I mean league stats (rather than all comps)

    let's look shall we

    Everton:
    33apps, 6 goals
    34apps, 9 goals

    Man Utd:
    29apps, 11 goals
    36apps, 16 goals
    35apps, 14 goals
    27apps, 12 goals
    30apps, 12 goals
    32apps, 26 goals
    17apps, 5 goals (this season)

    he has only scored more than 20 league goals on 1 occasion throughout his career, whereas on FM he seems to score 20-25 goals per season (this has been going since at least FM08)
    Consider though that the AI uses Rooney in a far different way than Fergie (last year aside)... He plays as a striker on both but as someone said above he very often plays as a focal striker on the game whereas he generally plays a support role irl. Last year he was focal with berbatov support and roles reversed this year. Also a lot of the media, and consequently the fans have taken their rose tints off and every bad pass he does now is over-analyzed. As someone asked above, exactly which of his stats are overrated? All of them is a bit poor of an answer.

    I was going to say tevez scores far too much in game too (far more annoying than rooney!) till I saw his scoring record for city too, the guy has something like 50 goals in 80 games, awesome!

  15. #115
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    2nd October 2008
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakysmeagle22 View Post
    Consider though that the AI uses Rooney in a far different way than Fergie (last year aside)... He plays as a striker on both but as someone said above he very often plays as a focal striker on the game whereas he generally plays a support role irl. Last year he was focal with berbatov support and roles reversed this year. Also a lot of the media, and consequently the fans have taken their rose tints off and every bad pass he does now is over-analyzed. As someone asked above, exactly which of his stats are overrated? All of them is a bit poor of an answer.

    I was going to say tevez scores far too much in game too (far more annoying than rooney!) till I saw his scoring record for city too, the guy has something like 50 goals in 80 games, awesome!
    its not a matter of stats its the fact that rooney scores 30 league goals a season on fm.

  16. #116
    Third Team
    Join Date
    17th November 2007
    Location
    Smashing The Granny Out Of It
    Posts
    7,868

    Default

    There wont be any major PA/CA Changes for 11.3 i doubt there never is its hard to boost or downgrade any player too much based on half a season fm12 will see bigger changes in this area

  17. #117
    Reserves
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    14,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charlo116 View Post
    its not a matter of stats its the fact that rooney scores 30 league goals a season on fm.
    Thats because in the game he is played as the main striker, and like last season when he played that role in real life shows, he will score a lot of goals. In the real world he is played as a support striker not the main goal getting striker, play him in a support role in the game and he will not score as much as he does, but the AI play him as the main focal point of their attack hence he scores a shed load of goals.

  18. #118
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    2nd October 2008
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    Thats because in the game he is played as the main striker, and like last season when he played that role in real life shows, he will score a lot of goals. In the real world he is played as a support striker not the main goal getting striker, play him in a support role in the game and he will not score as much as he does, but the AI play him as the main focal point of their attack hence he scores a shed load of goals.
    but even last season he didnt score 30+ league goals.

  19. #119
    Reserves
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    14,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charlo116 View Post
    but even last season he didnt score 30+ league goals.
    he doesnt score over 30 a season in the game either, i can provide screen shots from 5 different saves which shows that, he does score over 20 each season, which you would expect from a main striker. Anyway, FM is in the future, not the past, who's to say if he goes onto be a main striker he wont score over 30 a season he is good enough to do that, and last season he probably would have scored more if not for the injury against Bayern which ended his season and world cup before it got going.

  20. #120
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    2nd October 2008
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    he doesnt score over 30 a season in the game either, i can provide screen shots from 5 different saves which shows that, he does score over 20 each season, which you would expect from a main striker. Anyway, FM is in the future, not the past, who's to say if he goes onto be a main striker he wont score over 30 a season he is good enough to do that, and last season he probably would have scored more if not for the injury against Bayern which ended his season and world cup before it got going.
    this argument has grown from previous versions of fm as well but i've seen rooney score more than 30 league goals in a season as well as tevez, besides your argument that fm is set in the future is totally pointless. Its true that rooney may go on to be that good but how is that a basis for a rating in fm? Players need to be rated on how they perform season by season so to defend rooney as though he may go on to be that good is total rubbish.

  21. #121
    Reserves
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    14,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charlo116 View Post
    this argument has grown from previous versions of fm as well but i've seen rooney score more than 30 league goals in a season as well as tevez, besides your argument that fm is set in the future is totally pointless. Its true that rooney may go on to be that good but how is that a basis for a rating in fm? Players need to be rated on how they perform season by season so to defend rooney as though he may go on to be that good is total rubbish.
    so are you saying he should never have the ability to score 30 league goals in a season because he has never done it so far?

  22. #122
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th February 2009
    Location
    Aceville
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Surely these issues people have with players should be posted in the Data forums? This thread seems to have totally gone off track

  23. #123
    Third Team
    Join Date
    7th March 2007
    Location
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.
    Posts
    6,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charlo116 View Post
    its not a matter of stats its the fact that rooney scores 30 league goals a season on fm.
    To be honest, Babacar can get you 40-50 league goals if you play him correctly - it's a matter of match engine, tactics as well as attributes.

  24. #124
    Third Team
    Join Date
    7th March 2007
    Location
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.
    Posts
    6,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Ace View Post
    Surely these issues people have with players should be posted in the Data forums? This thread seems to have totally gone off track
    I wouldn't refer them to the Data Forum. Some of these suggestions are insane.

  25. #125
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th February 2009
    Location
    Aceville
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x42bn6 View Post
    I wouldn't refer them to the Data Forum. Some of these suggestions are insane.
    Well yeah, at least they'd get laughed down there

  26. #126
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th November 2008
    Posts
    25

    Default

    tiote, barton, best's finishiing is low at 12 imo, ranger's PA because if he is trained properly he will become a monster, matt phillips

  27. #127
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th January 2008
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Kyle Walker at Villa, seen him play a few times at QPR earlier in the year and has stepped up to the Premier league well.

  28. #128
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2009
    Posts
    52

    Default

    As you will be able to tell from this post I am a Celtic fan and the players I think should be changed in the team are:

    Upgraded

    Mark Wilson
    Thomas Rogne
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Beram Kayal
    Anthony Stokes
    Gary Hooper
    Kris Commons (new signing)
    Ki Sung Yeung
    Joe Ledley

    Downgraded

    Glenn Loovens
    Scott Brown
    Efrain Juarez
    Nial McGinn
    Daryl Murphy

    And the youth players that should be upgraded are
    Patrik Twardzik
    Filip Twardzik
    James Keatings
    Bahrudin Atajic

  29. #129
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st February 2005
    Location
    Denmark - Esbjerg
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Coming from a dane i would think Christian Eriksen (Ajax) and Frederik Sřrensen (Juventus) are among players that can be good in Europe...Its hard to say if they can reach the world class level, both of them are still young. But they are talented no doubt about that imo.

  30. #130
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th April 2010
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Since 95% of the people in this forum are English, I hope the researchers (or w/e they're called) are not being affected by the amount of people who want big boosts for EPL teams.

  31. #131
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st December 2009
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Jamie Ness, has looked the part since been put in the Rangers first team

  32. #132
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2009
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart1994 View Post
    Jamie Ness, has looked the part since been put in the Rangers first team
    agree I am a Celtic fan but he looks the deal

  33. #133
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th November 2004
    Posts
    54

    Default

    La Masia is the best breeding ground for talent anywhere in world football but Barca's youngsters are ridiculously under-rated. Romeu, Gerard and Rafa Alcantara are -8's! Seriously! They can only ever have the same potential as Ivan Klasnic! And of course Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal's young players have better potential than Barca's

  34. #134
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd October 2007
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dustygator View Post
    Look at Rooney's attributes. He has the stats of one of the best players in the world. Look at his performances over his career, not just last year. You see a lot of good seasons but only one great season, last year. If anything, the knee jerk reaction was making him that good after a season that will never reproduce. He has only scored more than 14 goals twice(05-06 & last year) and last year was the only time he had scored more than a goal every other game. In comparison, Torres has done it every full year he's been in the PL. I'm not saying that Rooney needs to be made into a bum but he should not be one of the best strikers in the world. Rate him based on his career as a whole which is still a very very good player but not world class.
    I totally agree with you - can't believe he is rated as world class, he hasn't even scored a world cup goal and he's played in 2 WC competitions. I always wonder if he would get as much attention if he were welsh or scottish, personally i don't think he would

  35. #135
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd November 2007
    Posts
    129

    Default

    I no longer care about anyone but Gomes, somebody for the love of god downgrade him...! ;)

    Just been knocked out of the champions league by tottenham 1-0 over two legs with that.......... Whatever you want to call him, getting 9+ in both games! Grrrrr! I think ability wise he's a little underrated irl but he is easily the best goalkeeper I play against in game! Posted about him recently in the 'bogey players' thread too, seems I tempted fate!
    Last edited by sneakysmeagle22; 14-02-2011 at 16:23. Reason: Correcting the stoopid iPad autocorrect!

  36. #136
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th August 2009
    Posts
    471

    Default

    For Liverpool I'd say that Martin Kelly is the one most due an upgrade a PA of around 160-165 would be fitting imo.

  37. #137
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th May 2010
    Location
    Isle of Wight
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Martin Kelly should be given a small boost, he's been excellent under Kenny so far.

    Alex Chamberlain and Adam Lallana should be the ones to look out for though, both been great this season.

  38. #138
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th October 2006
    Location
    iceland
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Cleverley, Welbeck, Kolbeinn Sigthorsson and Gylfi Sigurđsson...

  39. #139
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    2nd October 2008
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    so are you saying he should never have the ability to score 30 league goals in a season because he has never done it so far?
    no but he shouldn't be able to do it consistently. I don't want to make this about Rooney though because there are a number of strikers that score too many goals at club and particularly at international level. Goal records are constantly broken at international level by players you wouldn't expect to get there.

  40. #140
    Third Team
    Join Date
    17th November 2007
    Location
    Smashing The Granny Out Of It
    Posts
    7,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charlo116 View Post
    no but he shouldn't be able to do it consistently. I don't want to make this about Rooney though because there are a number of strikers that score too many goals at club and particularly at international level. Goal records are constantly broken at international level by players you wouldn't expect to get there.
    Your maybe right but fm cant predict the future it needs to be balanced some how

  41. #141
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    12th June 2005
    Location
    #wegoagain
    Posts
    25,347

    Default

    Downgrade:
    Arsenal

    Upgrade:
    Charlie Austin

  42. #142
    Reserves
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    14,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charlo116 View Post
    no but he shouldn't be able to do it consistently. I don't want to make this about Rooney though because there are a number of strikers that score too many goals at club and particularly at international level. Goal records are constantly broken at international level by players you wouldn't expect to get there.
    its impossible to say that, if Rooney had consistantly been played as a main goal getting striker for a few seasons and not had a season like last i would agree but all we have to go on is the one season he was the main man, and in that season he was amazing at that job, hence his stats reflect this.

  43. #143
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd May 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    217

    Default

    thought i would add this here if thats ok since i will be wanting to get him if its true
    will henrick larsson be a player in the new patch because in his wikipedia page it says he is now PLAYER-manager for landskrona bois ?

  44. #144
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th April 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom.
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seanydude View Post
    Emilio Izaguirre
    LOL.


    Jamie Ness, the future of Scottish football.

  45. #145
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th April 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom.
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcWeir View Post
    thought i would add this here if thats ok since i will be wanting to get him if its true
    will henrick larsson be a player in the new patch because in his wikipedia page it says he is now PLAYER-manager for landskrona bois ?
    Can you get Player - Managers in FM? Never seen one. Why would you want to sign him anyway, Might aswell sign Doyle.

  46. #146
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd May 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt_CDL View Post
    Can you get Player - Managers in FM? Never seen one. Why would you want to sign him anyway, Might aswell sign Doyle.
    yeah you can get player managers, well the reason i want to get him is because im a celtic fan m8 just one more season of king henrik(i wish lol)

  47. #147
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    2nd October 2008
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    its impossible to say that, if Rooney had consistantly been played as a main goal getting striker for a few seasons and not had a season like last i would agree but all we have to go on is the one season he was the main man, and in that season he was amazing at that job, hence his stats reflect this.
    and he still didnt get 30 goals. This isn't a problem for fm 11 as his rating is finally justified but even before fm 11 he was one of the best goalscorers in the game before he proved it irl. This isn't going anywhere tbh i'm not even arguing that he needs a downgrade i just think there are a number of strikers that score more than they do irl and maybe its a match engine issue i don't know and tbh i don't care anymore.

  48. #148
    Sports Interactive

    PSN: TerScotland79
    Ter's Avatar
    Join Date
    9th February 2000
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    11,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt_CDL View Post
    LOL.


    Jamie Ness, the future of Scottish football.
    Long shots - 20

  49. #149
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th August 2008
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Okazaki, Eriksen, Ilicic should be better.

  50. #150
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    22nd February 2009
    Location
    Wiley Old Manager
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Ilicic will be improved im sure.

    Nobody expected him to have the season he is having.

    Commons too will be upgraded - big move tends to mean that in FM terms and his form for Derby was immense.

    Agree with an earlier poster that Barca's world class youth academy seems to have been ignored in the game. They never produce anything they haven't bought.

  51. #151
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd November 2004
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Rather than upgrading or downgrading people on a few months of form, how about just upgrading those players that have proven they can reach levels IRL that simply cannot be achieved in the game because there levels are so low?

    Martin Kelly for example had a stormer at right back against Lyon last season, which had every LFC fan saying that he should be upgraded. But since he got injured in the same game and couldnt play anymore, there wasnt enough evidence to support an upgrade for FM11. This season however, he has played quite a few games and consistently shown attributes well in excess of what is in the database - he has made storming runs, excellent crosses, shown pace and skill, yet his current and potential stats in the game mean there is no chance of him doing that in the game. That's a flaw IMO, and he should be changed.

    Rooney and Torres meanwhile, while their form has been off for ages, have at least shown they can be brilliant. You would still want them to be able to reach those levels in the game, at least in theory.

    Maybe a little downgrade to consistency is all thats required, rather than a wholesale attribute slashing?

  52. #152
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th August 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, AUS
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robsabbaggio View Post
    Rooney and Torres meanwhile, while their form has been off for ages, have at least shown they can be brilliant. You would still want them to be able to reach those levels in the game, at least in theory.

    Maybe a little downgrade to consistency is all thats required, rather than a wholesale attribute slashing?
    I point you to the rating of Elano for Man City in 8.2, he'd had a stormer up till that point and was rated highly, before coming back down to earth in 8.3
    these things DO happen, like with Dzeko last year 10.3 (deserved imo) and you want them to be abolished

    based on your logic, why does Roberto Carlos not still have the CA of 180+, he CAN still play very well, just doesn't due to his age... your point and theory is rubbish

  53. #153
    Third Team
    Join Date
    7th March 2007
    Location
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.
    Posts
    6,670

    Default

    Roberto Carlos will never perform to a CA 180 player any more. Rooney and Torres may. That is the difference.

  54. #154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b13v3r View Post
    mmm, belgium has no team. believe me, im a belgian footy guide....
    as long as they dont have a right and left side defender, they ll never be nr 1. a lot of talented players, individual BEASTS!! but not a team...
    There is Eden Hazard, Dembele, Vertonhagen (spelling wrong), Vermaelen, Fellaini, Lukaku and a lot lot more.

  55. #155
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st March 2003
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Adding Raheem Sterling to the database, as he is 16 now.

  56. #156
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st September 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robsabbaggio View Post
    Rather than upgrading or downgrading people on a few months of form, how about just upgrading those players that have proven they can reach levels IRL that simply cannot be achieved in the game because there levels are so low?

    Martin Kelly for example had a stormer at right back against Lyon last season, which had every LFC fan saying that he should be upgraded. But since he got injured in the same game and couldnt play anymore, there wasnt enough evidence to support an upgrade for FM11. This season however, he has played quite a few games and consistently shown attributes well in excess of what is in the database - he has made storming runs, excellent crosses, shown pace and skill, yet his current and potential stats in the game mean there is no chance of him doing that in the game. That's a flaw IMO, and he should be changed.

    Your comments don't make sense - you correctly say he wasn't upgraded for FM2011 as he barely played last year and then say it is a flaw that his CA and PA aren't reflecting his current form?

    You have no idea what stats he will have in the new update!

    Rooney and Torres meanwhile, while their form has been off for ages, have at least shown they can be brilliant. You would still want them to be able to reach those levels in the game, at least in theory.

    Maybe a little downgrade to consistency is all thats required, rather than a wholesale attribute slashing?
    10 characters......

  57. #157
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st September 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Raver View Post
    Adding Raheem Sterling to the database, as he is 16 now.
    Not permitted sorry, he is still at school

  58. #158
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st March 2003
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Edwards View Post
    Not permitted sorry, he is still at school
    He is in the squad for Thursday nights Euro Game, will become Liverpool's youngest ever player if he comes on.

  59. #159
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    22nd February 2009
    Location
    Wiley Old Manager
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Raver View Post
    He is in the squad for Thursday nights Euro Game, will become Liverpool's youngest ever player if he comes on.
    So? He has played for Barnsley before but he isn't in the database for legal reasons.

    The boy is still at school. Let him take some GCSE's before he is subjected to a video game.

  60. #160
    Reserves
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    14,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Raver View Post
    He is in the squad for Thursday nights Euro Game, will become Liverpool's youngest ever player if he comes on.
    for legal reasons school kids will never be in the game doesnt matter if they start every first team game. At the start of this season he was too young, he will be in FM12.

  61. #161
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st March 2003
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanio View Post
    So? He has played for Barnsley before but he isn't in the database for legal reasons.

    The boy is still at school. Let him take some GCSE's before he is subjected to a video game.
    Lol, I understand what your saying, but he was interviewed a little while back on a BBC Sport piece on up coming sports stars, and he said how he edits himself in to FM games. Poor boy wants to be subjected!

  62. #162
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd November 2004
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Edwards View Post
    Originally Posted by Robsabbaggio
    Rather than upgrading or downgrading people on a few months of form, how about just upgrading those players that have proven they can reach levels IRL that simply cannot be achieved in the game because there levels are so low?

    Martin Kelly for example had a stormer at right back against Lyon last season, which had every LFC fan saying that he should be upgraded. But since he got injured in the same game and couldnt play anymore, there wasnt enough evidence to support an upgrade for FM11. This season however, he has played quite a few games and consistently shown attributes well in excess of what is in the database - he has made storming runs, excellent crosses, shown pace and skill, yet his current and potential stats in the game mean there is no chance of him doing that in the game. That's a flaw IMO, and he should be changed.

    Your comments don't make sense - you correctly say he wasn't upgraded for FM2011 as he barely played last year and then say it is a flaw that his CA and PA aren't reflecting his current form?

    You have no idea what stats he will have in the new update!

    Rooney and Torres meanwhile, while their form has been off for ages, have at least shown they can be brilliant. You would still want them to be able to reach those levels in the game, at least in theory.

    Maybe a little downgrade to consistency is all thats required, rather than a wholesale attribute slashing?
    10 characters......
    Just to respond Paul, I shouldnt have used the word flaw. What I meant was that Kelly's attributes were about right at the time the original database for FM11 was set up, but are now out of date and can be changed with the FM11 update. No criticism was implied.

  63. #163
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    20th August 2002
    Location
    Hither and thither
    Posts
    3,292

    Default

    Gareth Bale. Just everywhere really.
    I'm also curious as to how Aaron Lennon isn't remotely one of the fastest players on the planet. I'd be delighted to hear of anyone comprehensively faster.

    Generally though it would be nice not to see some clubs entire squads potentially brilliant just because they are a big club.

  64. #164
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd November 2004
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samdiatmh View Post
    I point you to the rating of Elano for Man City in 8.2, he'd had a stormer up till that point and was rated highly, before coming back down to earth in 8.3
    these things DO happen, like with Dzeko last year 10.3 (deserved imo) and you want them to be abolished

    based on your logic, why does Roberto Carlos not still have the CA of 180+, he CAN still play very well, just doesn't due to his age... your point and theory is rubbish
    Thanks for your mild-mannered and friendly response!

    You took my point too far, I wasnt suggesting a blanket rule, just that where specific players have achieved high levels of performance over reasonably long period and it is still unclear that they will never yet recapture them, they shouldnt have their stats slashed completely. Torres, even in his last two injury plagued seasons, has still scored nearly one ever other game, so it would be stupid to completely obliterate him. If the poor form continues, then it will be up to the researchers to re-evaluate.

    Elano was very over-rated based on form shown for a very short of time. And Roberto Carlos was a great player but is ageing, thats the only reason his stats are reduced, so your comparison is void.

  65. #165
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th December 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aditya View Post
    There is Eden Hazard, Dembele, Vertonhagen (spelling wrong), Vermaelen, Fellaini, Lukaku and a lot lot more.
    Like i said: no left or right sided defender... all great players, but there not (yet?) a team...
    and btw, star player of Belgium is no question about it Kompany. you forgot him...

  66. #166
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th February 2010
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dustygator View Post
    I would say Holden is pretty underrated though I think his stats look a lot worse because of his either-footedness.

    And Rooney deserves a pretty significant decrease. I think it's pretty obvious last year was an outlier and while he's a very good player, I wouldn't say he's world class.

    A few Dortmund players deserve attribute increases. Sahin has been one of the best midfielders in the world this season and while he's pretty good, he definitely deserves increases in some attributes. Götze needs better physicals and technical attributes. He's been much better than Wilshere but German players always get underrated. I would also say Sven Bender deserves a boost in CA.
    this man speaks the truth, lots of german players are underrated in this game.just look at thomas müller, the guy plays a whole season as a starter for munich and then a great world cup but he has a friggin lower ca/pa than gareth bale, englands favourite hype...

  67. #167
    Reserves
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    14,964

    Default

    gareth bale is very very very good tho, the thing is, its a german who researches the german league not a british guy, so he can hardly be accused of being biased.

  68. #168
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th December 2007
    Location
    Ayr
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ter View Post
    Long shots - 20
    Make it happen :P

  69. #169
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th February 2010
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    gareth bale is very very very good tho, the thing is, its a german who researches the german league not a british guy, so he can hardly be accused of being biased.
    I know that and I'm not accusing anyone of bias but my point still stands, müller>bale.

  70. #170
    Reserves
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    14,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2vA View Post
    I know that and I'm not accusing anyone of bias but my point still stands, müller>bale.
    how can you compare them that simply?

  71. #171
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th February 2010
    Posts
    204

    Default

    my problem was that bale's ca/pa is higher than müllers, in my opinion thats a little awkward.initially i was responding to this post:

    Quote Originally Posted by dustygator View Post
    I would say Holden is pretty underrated though I think his stats look a lot worse because of his either-footedness.

    And Rooney deserves a pretty significant decrease. I think it's pretty obvious last year was an outlier and while he's a very good player, I wouldn't say he's world class.

    A few Dortmund players deserve attribute increases. Sahin has been one of the best midfielders in the world this season and while he's pretty good, he definitely deserves increases in some attributes. Götze needs better physicals and technical attributes. He's been much better than Wilshere but German players always get underrated. I would also say Sven Bender deserves a boost in CA.
    in general there are quite a few german talents who are underrated in the game and although müllers stats are fine giving him a lower ca/pa as bale is hilarious considering his performance in the last 18 months.
    Last edited by 2vA; 16-02-2011 at 22:06.

  72. #172
    Subs Bench
    Join Date
    7th February 2003
    Location
    Southampton Researcher
    Posts
    20,140

    Default

    Interesting reading the Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain comments.

    I wonder how many of you have actually seen him play? Same applies to all the players in this thread.

    As for his CA/PA for 11.3, you'll have to wait and see. ;)

  73. #173

    Default

    Upgrade- David Luiz , Franco Jara , Gaitan , Sidnei , Salvio , Maxi Pereira. Downgrade- Hulk, Falcao and all of Sporting Lisbon Team.

  74. #174
    Reserves
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    14,964

    Default

    have you not seen bale single handedly destroy last years champs cup winners?? im not syaing muller is poor at all btw but Bale has been one of the top players this year, unplayable at times so i would say its hilarious at all.

  75. #175
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th February 2010
    Posts
    204

    Default

    yes bale is a great player as is müller, in hindsight i have to admit that it is indeed not hilarious at all.could be that their ca/pa difference is justified.

  76. #176
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th September 2008
    Location
    FM-Thai.com
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Wojciech Szczesny - he is a good young GK

  77. #177
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd November 2007
    Posts
    129

    Default

    I don't think bale should be lowered at all IMO, in fact I think his PA should be raised, but I also agree with the comments about muller, he was one of the first players I went looking for on 11 and was really disappointed, think schweinsteiger is a little underrated too if I'm honest, but this may be a carry over from years previoous when he did disappoint for a while.

    On a separate note, I've watched a lot of PSV over the past few seasons and really think afellay is one to watch who is also a bit low on the game. It's difficult to judge players in the eredivisie though so understand not wanting to overhype him, though I think he looked really good in the WC when he came on for the Netherlands too. Suppose the Barcelona researcher can change him now if he ever gets a game there (disappointed he didn't go somewhere he'd play more regularly!).

  78. #178
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th August 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, AUS
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakysmeagle22 View Post
    I also agree with the comments about muller, he was one of the first players I went looking for on 11 and was really disappointed, think schweinsteiger is a little underrated too if I'm honest, but this may be a carry over from years previoous when he did disappoint for a while.

    The bayern researchers himself has said that the stats for 11.1 were different to what he posted (and that they were changed by the German researcher based on the WC)... and they were infact rated higher

  79. #179
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    29th December 2009
    Posts
    4,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Interesting reading the Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain comments.

    I wonder how many of you have actually seen him play? Same applies to all the players in this thread.

    As for his CA/PA for 11.3, you'll have to wait and see. ;)
    I watched him play countless times. On T.V though.

    Can't wait to see his attributes...

  80. #180
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th March 2009
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo kokinado View Post
    Upgrade- David Luiz , Franco Jara , Gaitan , Sidnei , Salvio , Maxi Pereira. Downgrade- Hulk, Falcao and all of Sporting Lisbon Team.
    Downgrade Falcao after the season hes having?!?! One thinks there may be some slight Benfica bias in this post! Lucas should get an upgrade in my books, been Liverpool's best player so far this season.

  81. #181
    Lurker
    Join Date
    4th August 2007
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Shinji Kagawa
    Cheick Tiote

  82. #182
    Lurker
    Join Date
    20th August 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Cieran Clark, Junior Stanilas, Fred Sears, Barry Bannan, Marc Albrighton, Jose Baxter, Andy Carroll, Danny Welback, Nathan Hanley, Nile Ranger, the stand in polish keeper at Arsenal Wo-something (ok i know the spelling is wrong but u get the idea)

  83. #183
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th March 2009
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigman1985 View Post
    wilshere needs some attributes changing, his pa is fine. ramsey can be lowered as his is a bit ott anyway imo

    as an arsenal fan i watch 99% of our games so i think it's fair to say

    djourou needs a higher pa and some stats improved
    wilshere needs to be a natural cm not amc and have improved tackling, strength and atnticipation
    arshavin should be slightly downgraded on this seasons performances (recent turnaround?) especially passing and work rate
    nasri could have his pace improved a little and some stats tweaked...
    theo needs to have better technical stats which are lower than agbonlahors (LOL)
    ryo needs to be created and added on loan to feyanord
    fabianski and sneezy need to be upgraded also

    lookinbg forward to the patch but i don't know if stats are changed?
    Arsenal have been overrated in every FM so far There has always been an odd Arsenal love all over the premiership (excluding Utd/chelsea/Spurs/Hammers fans) with a huge over-estimation of players such as RvP, Vela and Nasri, alongside the damage done to young players (ala Walcott (who was showing promise then got snapped up) and is now happening to Wilshere (seems to play very much like an arsenal player 'diving etc' alot) and if not for injury, then Ramsey also) however Wilshere and Walcott have shown promise (Wilshere especially, but he is becoming a natural arsenal player and he's now losing that talent to poor sportsmanship).

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
    Downgrade:
    Arsenal

    Upgrade:
    Charlie Austin
    As above

  84. #184
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th October 2009
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    32

    Default

    cristian erikson
    Surely you mean Christian Eriksen yeah?

  85. #185
    Third Team
    Join Date
    17th November 2007
    Location
    Smashing The Granny Out Of It
    Posts
    7,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toadi View Post
    Arsenal have been overrated in every FM so far There has always been an odd Arsenal love all over the premiership (excluding Utd/chelsea/Spurs/Hammers fans) with a huge over-estimation of players such as RvP, Vela and Nasri, alongside the damage done to young players (ala Walcott (who was showing promise then got snapped up) and is now happening to Wilshire (seems to play very much like an arsenal player 'diving etc' alot) and if not for injury, then Ramsey also) however Wilshire and Walcott have shown promise (Wilshere especially, but he is becoming a natural arsenal player and he's now losing that talent to poor sportsmanship).



    As above
    Wilkshire still going to be 1 of best players in europe in his position over then next 10 years without a doubt and regardless of his sportsmanship

  86. #186
    Subs Bench
    Join Date
    7th February 2003
    Location
    Southampton Researcher
    Posts
    20,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Llew_Arshavin23 View Post
    I watched him play countless times. On T.V though.
    Not countless then! ;)

    At most, two and a half games...

    - vs Man Utd
    - vs Peterborough
    - half a game for England under 21's

  87. #187
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st September 2010
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toadi View Post
    Arsenal have been overrated in every FM so far There has always been an odd Arsenal love all over the premiership (excluding Utd/chelsea/Spurs/Hammers fans) with a huge over-estimation of players such as RvP, Vela and Nasri, alongside the damage done to young players (ala Walcott (who was showing promise then got snapped up) and is now happening to Wilshere (seems to play very much like an arsenal player 'diving etc' alot) and if not for injury, then Ramsey also) however Wilshere and Walcott have shown promise (Wilshere especially, but he is becoming a natural arsenal player and he's now losing that talent to poor sportsmanship).



    As above
    You have got to be a Spurs fan, what a load of tosh.

    If Jack Wilshere is 'losing talent to poor sportsmanship' then please let the Barcelona midfield know to do this same, because they got dominated by Jack last night. I have seen every single minute of Jacks playing time for Arsenal and I haven't seen him dive once.

    Jog on.

  88. #188
    Third Team
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Location
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.
    Posts
    9,634

    Default

    this thread is all based on posters coming in and saying players from teams they support are under-rated or basing things on media hype. the one player i will comment on is martin kelly, yes i am a liverpool fan but anyone who denys this kid needs a boost knows jack about football.

  89. #189
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    1st August 2007
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    1,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mm007 View Post
    what about Christian Eriksen from Ajax? I do hope he gets an upgrade in PA at least!!
    Already has a mint PA. Maybe upped a little in CA though, but not too much.

  90. #190
    Reserves
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    14,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_G_32201 View Post
    this thread is all based on posters coming in and saying players from teams they support are under-rated or basing things on media hype. the one player i will comment on is martin kelly, yes i am a liverpool fan but anyone who denys this kid needs a boost knows jack about football.
    lol the irony of it.

  91. #191
    Third Team
    Join Date
    18th February 2007
    Location
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.
    Posts
    9,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    lol the irony of it.
    you disagree with kellys performances this season and insist his current ability shown on FM to date as correct?

  92. #192
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    23rd February 2010
    Posts
    1,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo kokinado View Post
    Upgrade- David Luiz , Franco Jara , Gaitan , Sidnei , Salvio , Maxi Pereira. Downgrade- Hulk, Falcao and all of Sporting Lisbon Team.
    Completly agree and the most sensible and accurate post of this thread.

  93. #193
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    3rd November 2009
    Location
    Maidenhead
    Posts
    15,431

    Default

    I'd be interested in seeing Dale Jennings, I know he already has reasonable potential, but has been turning in some excellent displays for Tranmere, scoring some wonderful goals in the process.

  94. #194
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    The Bridge
    Posts
    5,134

    Default

    From what I've seen, I'd like to see some improvements to:

    Oxlade-Chamberlain
    McEachran
    Connor Wickham (CA wise, needs a little boost I think, not a huge one)
    David Luiz
    Jerome Thomas
    Luke Varney
    Moussa Dembele (Just his finishing really, I think it's a little better than 7)

    Other than that, I think SI have got it pretty spot on

  95. #195
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th September 2005
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suggy33 View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing Dale Jennings, I know he already has reasonable potential, but has been turning in some excellent displays for Tranmere, scoring some wonderful goals in the process.


    The only reason he isn't getting as much press is that he hasn't come through Southampton's system. I mentioned him a few weeks ago on this thread, and I think you're the only one to name him as well.
    Last edited by jamesb123; 17-02-2011 at 18:03.

  96. #196
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Location
    The Bridge
    Posts
    5,134

    Default

    Good shout about Jennings there, I've been impressed with what I've seen, also perhaps James Forrest at Celtic, he's looked great when I've seen him, and if you compare his stats to someone like John Fleck, they both seem about equal IRL to me but Forrest's stats are much lower

  97. #197
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd November 2007
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Roberto Martinez and Fergie both rate Tom cleverley highly but I've yet to see him turn out good in game...

    Looked good when I've seen him irl but not seen him enough really, any wigan fans got an opinion?

  98. #198
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th February 2011
    Location
    Nairn
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Andy King for leicester he has been amazing so far scoring all the time from midfield.

  99. #199
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd November 2008
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VonBlade View Post
    Gareth Bale. Just everywhere really.
    I'm also curious as to how Aaron Lennon isn't remotely one of the fastest players on the planet. I'd be delighted to hear of anyone comprehensively faster.

    Generally though it would be nice not to see some clubs entire squads potentially brilliant just because they are a big club.
    Not a spurs fan, but i must agree with Mr Vonblade.
    You dont see many straight sprints, but i can't remember the last time anyone got near Lennon! His acceleration, agility/balance is phenomonal.

  100. #200
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd January 2009
    Location
    Chorley
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Prem players I have seen who perform above their fm counterparts:

    Cheick Tiote - has played well in his beginnings at Newcastle and certainly looks to be worthy of a few points extra so he really locks down that DM role.
    Seamus Coleman - Could possibly do with a few points extra and certainly M/L adding to his positions
    Magno Vieira - (Fleetwood Town) is a bit of a beast who deserves a higher rating than Donnelly
    Danny Simpson - knocking on the england door (because we have 0 rightbacks in this country) was hampered by injury at the start of the season and just plain sucks on FM

    Definitely would like to see some stats move round, i f for no other reason than to make starting a new game a bit more interesting.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts