Real Domination...but ultimately failure.

In my first season as Real Madrid manager, we are amazing. Everybody is on great form. Only lost 2 games in the league out of 32, in the semis on the champions league, and in the final of the spanish cup.

So the final of the spanish cup arrives, my opponents Athletic are 7-1 outsiders. I set up my team as usual, same players, same tactics, same everything.

The same performance follows - utter domination, 4/5 clear cut chances, 50+% possession.

However for some unbeknown reason, we don't score.

More clear cut chances follow in extra time.

And yes you guessed, they knick a goal in the 116th minute on the counter (not even a clear cut chance).

I'm not saying this isn't realistic (even if it is extremely unlikely!), I just wish to know why.

Has anybody got any ideas as to why suddenly we don't get the victory we deserve?

Has anybody got any ideas as to why suddenly we don't get the victory we deserve?

Ask arsene Wenger after this weekend.

But seriously - football is all about teams getting results they dont deserve, otherwise you wouldnt bother playing the match, just decide in advance who is better and give them the points.

I do agree - just why this game :( Why couldn't we **** up in a different game!

Nope, a club like Athletic will certainly be much much more motivated to win the game than a club who has cups like Champions Cup and La Liga to win. Just forces them to do that little bit more :)

Ask arsene Wenger after this weekend.

But seriously - football is all about teams getting results they dont deserve, otherwise you wouldnt bother playing the match, just decide in advance who is better and give them the points.

That's a good one! Arsenal were mauled by the Ref!

Concerning the Arsenal/Newcastle match, can you imagine the uproar if that would have happened to someone on this forum? You would have never heard the end of it! 4-0 up, playing the same system, then one of your players gets sent off, and you concede a rocket of an equaliser by someone who's barely ever scored.

Just shows that sometimes FM really does mirror life.

On the original topic though, it seems like you were just unlucky. To be honest I wish I could win one game let alone get to a cup final.

Archived