What you can't see, won't hurt you...

First off, i'm a big fan of the game and try to play it as much as time allows...so, this is not a rant or a complaint as such...

What i can't understand is how people watch their games through the match engine?

It's just plain awful...

Probably my biggest grumble, Goalkeepers on either side, no matter how good they are, just might as well not be in goal...some of the animations are just so bad and the mistakes they make, at least once a game, are just laughable!

Player making 'runs' by SLIDING ON THEIR KNEES AS IF THEY ARE CELEBRATING from the half-way line to get on the end of a through ball!

Strikers not being able to hit a brick wall on the end of their nose.../my striker being clean through on goal, smashing it in the top corner, for it to be given as an own goal by their right back on the other side of the pitch...

Just plain awful animations from either side...

etc etc etc i could go on and on and on....the latest one being the opponents striker being though on goal, my goalkeeper rushes out, they meet...then just stand their looking at each other nose to nose for around 3/4 seconds before his strike partner come aside a he passes across for him to tap in...with my goalkeeper still caught in a loving gaze with the striker...

In my opinion, the game loses a vast amount of reality becuase of this...

Now, i must add, i tend to play my games on comm only due to having restricted play time and what i mentioned above, but i do like have the replays on. Plus i'm all for them having a match engine to enhance the FM experience.

When i watch the games in the match engine, it just annoys me...and hence the title, what i can't see wont hurt me...

Does anyone else agree? Is it my laptop? (its not super fantastic but it runs 40/50+ leagues comfortably and a relatively good graphics card)

I had a little moan yesterday about the quality of the 3d match engine, my major problem is the jerkey nature of the 3d graphics they get so bad at times i start suffering from motion sickness. I really hope that if not in the next patch but in the next addition of the game they sort out the 3d match engine graphics quality

Runs fine both on my laptop with built in gfx (ATI Radeon HD3200) and on my man rig (ATI Radeon HD3850). If you're getting weird things like players sliding on their knees from the halfway line then must be something to do with your setup. Graphics drivers maybe?

Mine runs perfectly with no jerkiness what so ever. I must admit I don't have as many leagues as 40/50 running which might have a little to do with it. Lets not forget though the ME is just a visual representation of the game and the goalkeeper animation has nothing to do with whether he saves the shot or not, it is purely asthetics.

my orginal post wasnt really to do with 'jerkyness' or anything like...more on the animations etc being really poor and being unrealistic and annoying to watch! maybe it is my laptop, it was built my a computer technician who works for my pa so its not bad at all!

my orginal post wasnt really to do with 'jerkyness' or anything like...more on the animations etc being really poor and being unrealistic and annoying to watch! maybe it is my laptop, it was built my a computer technician who works for my pa so its not bad at all!

The animations are pretty poor when you look other games in this day and age, however the ME does seem to improve each year. One thing that annoys me, and its nothing to do with your thread is that people keep refering to it as 3D when technically it is 2D (just felt like being contraversial)

While I agree that the level of animation could be described as "rudimentary" I remember when text was the only option, and I wouldn't go back. I've also played other management games in the past that had been doing 3d match graphics for years and still couldn't get anywhere near as realistic as the SI one is most of the time.

Archived