Phantom transfer bids

Firstly, just like to say hello to everyone and congratulate you on a useful forum.

Now then, i`m 6 seasons in with Blackburn, every now and again i get phantom bids, usually for more than my transfer budget, for players i have not even looked at. Is this a bug?

None of the offers have ever been accepted though.

Cheers P.

Firstly, just like to say hello to everyone and congratulate you on a useful forum.

Now then, i`m 6 seasons in with Blackburn, every now and again i get phantom bids, usually for more than my transfer budget, for players i have not even looked at. Is this a bug?

None of the offers have ever been accepted though.

Cheers P.

yer ditto, i randomly saw my club offergin fro leroy lita once, i too thought it mite be the chairman

there are also times when it says 'chelsea have offerred 20 million for newcastles steven taylor' but when you click n him, you see that he moved a season earlier for 13 mil. Ive had that a lot and am pretty sure that's a bug.

nb. its not just steven taylor that was just an example from my latest game

I think he went for 19.5 million in my game - player values in the top divisions need a good sorting.

As fara s phantom transfers go Ive had a phantom trnasfer for every player Ive sent out on loan. Im in my second season with Forest and this year loaned out 3 players. This is reflected on the transfer screen but for each of these 3 players there is a fictional loan transfer (to a different club from the real loan)that has never actually happened!

I recently had this problem too.

I had just finished season 1 as Liverpool and a news item appeared saying my bid for some South American player (can't remember who) had been accepted. The guy was a total donkey - no way in a millions seasons I would have made a bid for him of my own accord.

Fortunately, I cancelled the transfer. icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

If you go on holiday then the assistant manager will by default handle transfers and contracts - thus you might find he has started some deals during this period once you come back from transfer.

(this has to be done otherwise you might go on holiday with a team come back several seasons later and find them fubar'd)

Same thing happened here. Nathan Lowndes was approached without my consent and I had to cancel it.

Also, I approached a few players who were going out of contract - Glen Johnson, Collins John, Ant Le Tallec - with Forest and they ALL signed without any news about it. Glen Johnson is on 48k - my budget is only 7k! Any reason why?

• SI Staff

If anyone has these and hasn't gone on holiday at all (ie. they don't believe its due to the assistant managers intervention) or has any other concerns please feel free to email me your current save game (marc.vaughan@sigames.com).

Thanks in advance for your help,

Marc

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andrew Flintoff:

I still have my one where Cisse scored 60 goals as well, do you want that sent? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup - anything which you feel is wrong in the game should be brought to my attention as it'll help ensure the game continually improves ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andrew Flintoff:

I still have my one where Cisse scored 60 goals as well, do you want that sent? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup - anything which you feel is wrong in the game should be brought to my attention as it'll help ensure the game continually improves ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok good man! I've sent you my Forest one, Ill zip up the "Cisse" one and get it to you in a few. I just thought it was a bit bizarre, which I'm sure you'd agree.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ok good man! I've sent you my Forest one, Ill zip up the "Cisse" one and get it to you in a few. I just thought it was a bit bizarre, which I'm sure you'd agree. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks - much appreciated.

Archived