Can't continue game past 29 April 2013

Posted this in the bugs forum last week, but no replies, so I'm gonna try here where it seems to be more lively.

Downloaded the game from Direct2Drive, and all was going well until I got to 29th April 2013, where when I click continue game, it processes and then eventually crashes. I patched it, but that didn't help. I also reloaded an earlier save from 13th April 2013 and tried to holiday to 30th April to see if that would work, but as soon as I clicked Go On Holiday, it crashed in exactly the same way. This is a screenshot of the error message I'm getting:

Please help, I was having great fun getting Oxford promoted up through the leagues.

Try checking your hard drive for errors and defragging. If you have an anti-virus program set it up so that it ignores any folders that FM uses while its scanning. Finally do you have anything running in the background? If so try downloading gamebooster which will temporarily disable any processes running in the background that your computer doesnt really need to work successfully.

http://download.cnet.com/Game-Booster/3000-18541_4-11642912.html

Archived