Title deciders last day of the season

Happened to me twice in my career game on FM10.

With Atletico Madrid in my second season I was battling against Real Madrid and Barcelona for the title. Final day of the season I had Valencia away, Barca were at home to Deportivo and Real were away to Betis. I needed to win and needed Barca and Real to draw or lose. Betis took a 2-0 lead against Real early on while Barca took the lead against Deportivo mid-way through the first half. I took the lead against Valencia and went on to win 3-1.

With the 90 minutes drawing to an end I figured I'd lost out to Barca but as my match ended, the Latest Scores box updated to tell me that Deportivo had a 90th minute penalty and scored to give me the title!

Some time later I found myself managing Juventus. I'd finished 5th, 4th, 5th and 3rd in the previous seasons. This season we were on course until a horrible run in the final few weeks put Torino on top by 1 point. Once again, it went down to the final day, once again I needed Torino to lose or draw. I won my match and almost as before, Torino took the lead in theirs only to blow it in the dying minutes of the game to crown Juventus champions!

Yes, Droylsden in the BSN in the 2nd season. I hadn't really shown champions form and sat around the play-offs all season. Come the final day I was 2nd with a point off top spot, so needed a win and the others to drop points. Half time; we were drawing 0-0 and the leaders were winning 1-0 so I though play-offs here we come. We took the lead through an own goal and won 1-0 while a late goal caused the leaders to slip up and gave us the title.

I'm not ashamed to say I ran around the house shouting & fist pumping for like 10 mins :cool:

I've only ever had 2 since playing CM/FM from '98 onwards and that was on FM 08/10. Nothing too different from what has been mentioned above really.

First season with Liverpool on FM10 and I went on a bad run coming into the final stretch of 5 games, Man U beat us at home with 3 games left and went top by 3 points. We both won our next games and went in to the last game of the season needing a win and for Man U to lose against Burnley. Of course Burnley won 3-2 at Turf Moor and I thrashed whoever I was playing 3-0 and won the title via superior goal difference (by a good distance too).

My other final day title win was with Huddersfield in Premier League some seasons into the game (6 or 7 I think) on FM08. We'd strengthened our squad a bit as we got a good mid-table finish the year before and brought in Guzman fairly cheap who was an absolute beast on that game (was interested as we were playing UEFA Cup football from being League Cup runners up). The Guzman-Haynes link up pretty much propelled us up the table and we remained 2nd for a large part of the season. Arsenal lost a game and drew two running into the final few games and just like before I was 3 points off the top with a superior goal difference by about 2 goals. Arsenal thrashed Wolves on the final game though and we drew away to Tottenham. Luckily I still finished 2nd which was a commendable effort.

It happened twice with me as Liverpool. Once in fm10 and once in fm11.

The time i won it on fm10 was more exciting as i was 1 point behind chelsea with one game to go. I was playing Newcastle who were sitting around mid-table and Chelsea were playing an already relegated Stoke. About 20 minutes in against Newcastle Otamendi got himself sent off playing for me, but somehow i managed to take a lead shortly before half time.

Having held out to about the 75th minute Newcastle equalised and it finished 1-1. Certain I was gone i checked Chelsea's result and after Mikel got sent off in the 12th minute Chelsea went on to lose 1-0 meaning i drew level on points and won the title on goal difference.

lost my title race on the 2nd last match, needed a win and a few goals to have a shot, and lost 2-1 to west ham, went on to win my next game 7-0, looking at the table i was 3rd, 2 points off 2nd and 3 off 1st, and equal on GD with the leader, ahead on goals scored. gutting

FM08, top of the league last game of the season. Needed to at least draw to win the title or else would lose out to Arsenal providing they won their game. I lost my game and having looked at the latest scores, looked like the league too. Went through to continue and found out Arsenal had conceded 93rd minute to hand me the title.

Couple of seasons later and the same team was trying to avoid relegation (think it was West Brom, can't be sure), having wrapped up the league and a CL final to look forward too so played a weakened side.

'Cause I'm good like that.

It has happened several times to me through the years. One of the most memorable ones was on CM 97-98 (or if it was 99-00) where I took over Manchester City, who at that time was in the second-tier and by no means a rich club. I got them promoted and in our first season in the Premiership we were challenging for the title. On the last day we were leading the league 2 points above our bitter rivals Man Utd, and had a vastly superior goal difference, meaning we only needed a draw in the last game to take the title. We were playing at home to an average Leicester side, who were in the bottom half of the table and had nothing to play for. As our home record up until that point was 12 victories, 5 draws and 0 losses, I felt quite confident. Even more so as Man U was playing away to 4th-placed Arsenal.

But then the disaster of a game started, Leicester scored after about 30 mins, and we were never able to break them down and lost 0-1. At the same time Man U won a thriller over Arsenal 3-2, and I had lost the league to our worst rivals with a single point. I was totally gutted...

That is however the only time I can remember not winning it when having a last day title-decider, maybe that's why it's so clear in my memory...

It has happend to me in this game every season bar one with Man Utd.

First time I lost it on the last day of the season. Both Arsenal and myself drew and I lost it by one goal... That's right, we had the same goal difference, they had just scored one more than me. Second season after that I was in charge before the last game, all I had to do was win. After a long EURO campaign and an FA Cup run my players were struggling badly with fatigue. Scored early on 91mins 30+ seconds (2 minutes of added time were given) Salif Diao scores a 30 yards screamer to shatter my dreams. Finished 3rd.

After the patches I started a new one, first season with Man Utd I lost it out right. 2nd season in control with games in hand, went all the way in Europe and FA Cup semi's, meaning I had a spell of 3 games in 6 days (What the **** kind of match arranging is that?!) Players couldn't get the results I needed. Arsenal took control. Dropped points during the second last game of the season but I could not capitalise and drew with Chelsea at home. Ended up losing the league on goal difference (again). All this on FM11.

I have had one or two jammy escapes in the past that have gone my way but these are the ones that are the most recent.

Yea had one yesterday

here is the league table before the game

Barca 37 97pts

madrid(me) 37 96pts

I had score more than 100 goals

so I had won my game 9-2 and barca won it by wiinning against a relegated mallorca 2-0

not that sad because I won the champs league and spanish cup

Never happened to me, but I have noticed that on my save game. Juventus led the Serie A near the entire season, Napoli pretty much trailed throughout. Napoli managed to get level on points and it came down to the final day, Napoli won by goal difference... One goal. :(

I used to have a screenshot of a final day where 4 teams could have won the title. Spurs, West Ham, Chelsea and Harrogate (managed by me) West Ham won, we won, Chelsea and Tottenham drew with eachother which meant that West Ham won the league on goal difference from me and Spurs. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I seen this thread the other day and wasn't able to share any last day drama that FM brings, until last night

Quick run down on the situation, me and a mate are playing a network game, i'm Coventry and he's Cardiff, we've both played 45 games each and i'm sitting in top spot with him in second place.

Table

My last game was against Millwall and to secure the Championship i needed one last win, and my mates last game was against West brom, so basically if we both won we gained automatic promotion together.

I ended up drawing the game against Millwall 0-0 which meant a play off spot, he managed to beat West brom comfortably 3-1 and win the league.

I did manage to get to the final of the play offs but lost to Bolton, gutted not to be getting promoted at the same time as my mate, Middlesboro went on to get 2nd place.

Probably the most thrilling end to a season i've ever had in the 10 years playing this game.

I won the league as Everton tonight. I was on 87 points, Arsenal on 90. I had just lost 4-0 at City to drop behind after 37 rounds at the top. I was home to Chelsea and they were home to Man City.

I was 3-0 up after an hour but Arsenal were also winning 1-0. Then City scored on 71 and 76 minutes to hand me the title.

My 2nd season as West Ham. Everton were flying after 30 games - 12 points clear of the rest, with me, Man Utd and Arsenal all chasing. I then beat Everton in match 31, which set them off on an awful run of 4 points from their last 8 games, while the other three of us clawed the points back.

Into the final week - I had a game in hand (against Man City) and Everton were still 2 points ahead of all three teams.

Man City went 2-0 up on me inside 15 minutes, then I scored twice before half time. THey went back ahead immediately in the 2nd half, but I then scored 4 more to win that one 6-3.

So one point clear going into my final game......away at Man Utd, while Everton visited Arsenal. I needed a draw to stay ahead of Utd, while Arsenal couldn't win the league due to a worse goal difference. Arsenal won comfortably, leaving it down to me and Utd - I had a great final game with Utd, eventually scraping a 1-0 win to win the title by two points.

Still can't win that bloody Carling Cup though after 4 seasons - have lost the final on penalties 3 out of 4 years now.

On a number of occasions I have player lower league games where the final game of the season has been decisive, and I have to say that luck has favoured me the majority of the time with regards to opposition teams dropping points, propelling me into a playoff place. Of course, this often puts me in the situation where I know that I've struggled to get to a promotion place, and the worry that should I get promoted I will not be at all prepared for a higher league. I think I can count in double figures the occasions where I've sneaked into the playoffs and somehow managed to cause a major upset and get promoted.It's exhilirating to say the least, and something that constantly drives me to keep playing career saves. Even better when the odds are somehow denied again, and my team manages to improve enough to get back to back promotions. With shrewd purchases and youth maturing at the right time it's entirely possible. Got to love FM when your long term plans come together, and those 10 seasons in the wilderness finally start bearing the fruit of your hard work.

With Wexford Youths in Ireland I went into the final game with a 1 point lead but a significantly worse goal difference than the team below me, Bohemians. I had to win to secure the title, but ended up losing 2-0. Fortunately Bohemians also lost to make us Champions! In previous saves I've gone from 3 points behind into the final game of the season on 4 occasions, and managed to win, and my title rival lose, in every single one of those. I think the FM gods must favour me :D

In my current season, it looks like it might come down to the wire as I'm 2 points behind Arsenal and they are my very last opponents. They're also having a dry spell while I'm competing in too many competitions :p

• 1 year later...

Just in a title decider myself with Liverpool. 2 points clear of Man Utd and playing them on the final day. Played Arsenal the game before and won 5-0, with Gareth Bale grabbing a great 4 assists plus a goal, so I am a bit of form right now. It certainly is a spicy way to end the season

In the end won comfortably with a 3-1 victory. Even sweeter is Man Utd got overtaken by Man City in the table.

had a couple.

my blackpool save i needed a win and united to lose.

i was at home, they were at anfield, i won they didn't.

had an intence on on my united save last season.

2 points clear of city (101 to 99) so a win would do, i had swansea at home, they had norwich away. it took 80 minutes to score for me. turns out it didnt matter, man city conceded on 90+5 to draw 2-2 anyway.

In my last save I won the league on the final day of the season. But it was through another teams result!

We were both equal top, I played Saturday, they played Sunday. I drew, obviously meaning if they drew or won I would be 2nd (they had GD). I watched their match, they conceded in the 78th minute and went down 1-0 to an already relegate side. Got them by a point!

Also in another save, I won with the final kick of the season. I was 2nd by 2 and the team on top lost the final game. I was 1-1 in the 94th and got a free kick, whipped it in and my defender headed home. Celebrated and as they were walking back to halfway ref blew full time.

It was the final game of the league so was literally last kick of the entire season.

I remember having my Hull City side being involved in a EPL season in which three teams could win the league in the very last day of the season (FM10). There were Chelsea and Manchester City with 78 points, and Hull with 77. Things looked grim because one of the matches was... Chelsea-City, while I had to face Burnley away

And it didn't end well. Chelsea was already defeating City 3-0 before half-time (It ended 5-0) while the ever-difficult Burnley managed to get a 1-1 draw. We still ended in third place because of goal difference

I got my revenge on FM12 while managing Unión de Santa Fé in Argentina. Another three-way run (This time, against All Boys and Lanús) in which the other two contenders had to face each other. This time, Unión defeated San Martín de San Juan while All Boys-Lanús became a 1-1 draw, so Unión became one of the few teams which have won a tournament just after it got promoted

In my latest save as Erfurt!

myself and Hertha BSC were sharing points to go up from German league 2, the last game my team drew and Hertha BSC won, making me second but promoted anyways. Mind you my game was against Furth who where third and Hertha BSC played a team destined for relegation.

So close, but was happy to get promoted.

Loads of times, including my current game with Liverpool. It was a 3 horse race with the 2 Manchester clubs, I had to beat Chelsea away and rely on them both slipping. United did, but City won their game and the league.

Best one ever was a few years ago in a hotseat game with 2 mates. On the last day any one of 5 teams could still win the league, including all three of us. Unfortunately we all missed out and the AI nicked it, but it was a thrilling end to an amazing season.

Ive not had it happen to me, but it happened twice in my game in England and Italy in the same year. Im in 2017 now, so both are from 2016/2017 season.

Cagliari vs Sampdoria

Sampdoria going for back to back titles, Cagliari haven't won Serie A since 1970. Final game of the season, Sampdoria with a 2 point lead on Cagliari. Cagliari win 1-0 Zoran Lesjak scoring the only goal of the game. Cagliari win the league for the 2nd time in their history. Completely Random Italian League.

Had another Title decider in England this time, I managed to watch this one

Chelsea vs Man United

Chelsea have become a lot weaker on mine, they finished 3rd, 5th, 7th, 8th and 4th. The £46.5m signing of Neymar has completely changed the team around this season. United dominated England for the starting few seasons, Sir Alex Ferguson won a Treble in 2012/2013, then retired. Couldn't have been a better farewell. Mourinho took over, managed to win the league 1st season then missed out on the league by 1 point in '14/'15. Lost the league on Goals Scored in '15/'16, both United and Arsenal finished on 81 points with +39 GD, but Arsenal scored 74 to United's 72. Harsh. And now this season Mourinho has missed out on the league again. Chelsea 4-1 United. Neymar (3), he then got Players Player of the Season. *Oh and Spurs got relegated*

I went into the last day of the season needing city to loose an my Luton side to win, with 6 minuites to go city were 3 down and I was 2 up, but then I conceded 3 and lost the league, I was 8points ahead at one point late on in the season too, my youngsters keep bottling it, 3 trophyless seasons after winning it all, I'm starting to feel like wenger.

Had quite an interesting one a season or two back.

On the final day of the season, Fiorentina and Roma were level on 88 points and my AC Milan side were on 87 points in third place. Roma and Fiorentina had been battling for Serie A supremacy most of the season with my Milan side being forced to play catch up after going the first five games without a win.

Of course, Roma and Fiorentina were playing each other on the final day of the season while I had an away game against 6th place Palermo.

I managed to nick a 1-0 win from a 70th minute corner while Roma and Fiorentina drew 0-0 thus Milan leapfrogged the two of them to win the Serie A with 90 points.

Also in my game, I've noticed in the Spanish league that Valencia and Atletico Madrid have emerged as dominant forces and regularly battle each other right down to the wire for the Spanish title.

iam in the year 2035, last round of play, i play at home vs some middlish team of the league (playing in poland), 1 point ahead of the second place in the table, easy win = first league win, as iam playing had like 70% posession in the first 45minutes, halftime 0:0... made some changes... 89th minute... still 0:0.. i was about to throw the computer... referee showing 6minute extra time, iam like WHAT? 95th minute pass into the box and goal, won the league.... so rigged lol

Had a final day situation with Chelsea- Needed a win on the final day to win the PL, away at Bolton. 1-1 with not long to go and Man City winning it looked like I had bottled it but Hulk scores with about a minute left and I win the title :D

Also on FM11, I had a relegation battle go down to the final day. My first season in League One with Hayes & Yeading, we lost 2-0 but thankfully the teams around lost aswell [just] so we stayed in the division.

On CM 03/04 I was West Ham and assembled a decent squad capable of qualifying for Europe. I had Tevez and Robinho up front. I stormed it most part of the seasin and had a massive lead at the top. I then went on a terrible run of form and lost top spot by a point to Arsenal with the last game being against them Away. I had lost the last four, they had won their last four. I was not confident at all. Smashed em' 8-1. Still my most memorable match in the games history and my best ever result.

I've had the season end with three teams tied on points, in La Liga! Valencia, Sevilla (managed by me), and Barca. I had a better head to head than Barca and a better goal difference and goals scored than both. But I had somehow only managed a loss away and draw at home against Valencia, and it was decided on that! You better believe I don't accept losses against top opposition any more after that!

I think it was the next year or two years on, I tied again, this time with Real, but this time head-to-head was in my favor and I have to say, winning like that is just as good if not better than winning with 4+ games left in the season! Its a shame the bottom half of the league isn't that strong, but having 4 or 5 teams in the running most years is for me a big improvement over La Liga at the start of the game!

In my current Man United game I've had it twice on both occasions with Man City. On both occasions we both won our final day matches so the team on top going into the final day won which was City the first time and us the second time. I'm in my 6th season and in every season in the game except the first one the Manchester clubs have been the top 2 with only 1 point or goal difference separating them either way.

I won the title on the last day of the season. Top three coming into were... Man United 82 points, Us (Man City) 81 points and Chelsea 80 points. United dropped points at Stoke and I beat Wigan 5-0 on the final day to steal the title from them. Think United lost because they ended up 3rd.

I've won the Blue Square South by losing my last 3 games. On the very last day all I had to do is hope that Salisbury (3 points behind me) did not win the game by scoring at least 5 goals. Funny though, they scored 3 and got the most amazing woodwork in the 85th minute. My heart stopped for a moment. We both finished with 79 points but I've won the promotion because I had 2 more goals than they did throughout the season.

In FM09, on the last day of the season with Man Utd I needed to get a point or more to secure the title and put Arsenal to 2nd but I lost 3-1 against Portsmouth meaning if Arsenal beat Middlesbrough they would take the title. Well lucky for me they didn't, Boro holding them to a goalless draw meaning I won the league by one point!

Archived