South American players

it seems like there's too many quality regens coming out of argentina and brazil. Granted they're going to be two of the biggest producers of quality regens but it seems like theres way too many. Not only that but has anyone noticed how many argentinians and brazilians there are that are aged 24-30 that have never played a senior international game yet they're rated as a leading player for the english premier league?

Have to agree with OP, not just in Holland. In my current Oldham save I have 2 Argentinians up front a Brazillian DM and CM and LB, with a Brazilian RB, DM and ST coming in in the summer! I have no English players in my first team.

it seems like there's too many quality regens coming out of argentina and brazil. Granted they're going to be two of the biggest producers of quality regens but it seems like theres way too many. Not only that but has anyone noticed how many argentinians and brazilians there are that are aged 24-30 that have never played a senior international game yet they're rated as a leading player for the english premier league?

As usual, it's probably due to South American researchers being a bit too generous with the "average José/Zé", more in terms of reputation than in terms of actual ability/skills...

I don't have major issues with the notion of a random starter at a mid-table Brazilian or Argentinian club being good enough to play at an ok level in Europe (mid-bottom in the Top Four, mid-top everywhere else)...

I do have major issues with the notion of "Aston Villa" bringing in unknown South American players well past the "hot prospect" age range... I see no valid reason for the Argentinian/Brazilian equivalent of, say, Jonathan Greening being sought after by plenty of foreign clubs.

Archived