[FM11] Continental Dominance or Bust!!!

B.W.G

After my spectactular failure of an attempt in Wales, I am back to try again!!!

This time my aim is to win the 6 major continental competitions.

Starting Rep: Semi-Pro

Database: Small

Leagues

Africa - Egypt (Down to 2nd Division), South Africa (Premier League)

Asia - China (Down to 1st Division)

Europe - England (Down to BSN/BSS), Wales (Premier League)

North America - Mexico (Down to Promotion League), USA (MLS)

Oceania - Australia (A-League), New Zealand (NZ1 US1 Premiership)

South America - Brazil (3rd Division), Colombia (2nd Division)

A nice mix of countries and hopfully it will show the DLR in full affect as there are countries from every continent.

The African countries were chosen as they are the power houses of Africa.

China was picked as the country itself is untapped potential due to having billions in population and them developing as a footballing nation.

The North American and Oceania countries were picked as they are rivals with each other.

Europe is a case of the biggest and smallest playable leagues to see both sides of DLR.

South America is a case of Everybody loving Brazil while Colombia is my dark horse of the leagues picked as I feel they can improve and are worse then Brazil and Argentina but better then the likes of Peru and Venezuela.

Updates - End of Season or new job.

Honours

China

Hunan Xiangtao

Chinese National First Division - Runners up - 2011

Shanxi Chanba

Chinese Super League - Winners - 2013,2014,2015

Chinese FA Cup - Winners - 2013,2014,2015

Asian CL - Winners - 2014,2015

Pan Pacific C'Ship - Winners - 2014,2015

Super League All Stars Game - Winners - 2013,2014,2015

Club World Cup - 3rd Place - 2014,2015

Colombia

A Deportivo Pasto

Colombian 1st Division - Winners - 2017,2018

Colombian 2nd Division - Winners - 2016

Colombian FA Cup - Winners - 2016,2017,2018

England

Bury Town

Blue Square Bet North - Winners - 2021/22

New Zealand

Canterbury United Dragons

ASB Premiership - Winners - 2019/20,2020/21

O-League - Winners - 2021

Managerial Record

Season   Club          Nation    Division      Position   National Cup    Continental Cup    Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010    Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      3rd         N/A              N/A             N/A 
2011    Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      2nd        1st Rnd           N/A           Promotion
2012    Hunan Xiangtao  China   Super League      6th        2nd Rnd           N/A          Left 03/12/12
2013    Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners           N/A          Won Treble
2014    Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble
2015    Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble.left 1/1/16
2016    A.D. Pasto    Colombia  2nd Division      1st        Winners           N/A           Promotion.
2017    A.D. Pasto    Colombia  1st Division      1st        Winners          Quarters      Domestic Double
2018    A.D. Pasto    Colombia  1st Division      1st        Winners          Quarters      Domestic Double.
2019/20 C.U. Dragons  N.Zealand ASB Premiership   1st         N/A              N/A          Playoff Winners!
2020/21 C.U. Dragons  N.Zealand ASB Premiership   1st         N/A             Winners       Double.
2021/22 Bury Town      England  Bl. Sq. North     1st        4th Q.Rnd         N/A          Automatic Promotion!

Managerial Stats

Hunan Xiangtao - China - [b]P[/b] 65  [b]W[/b]  34 [b]D[/b] 17 [b]L[/b] 14 [b]GS[/b] 132 [b]GC[/b] 78  [b]Win %[/b] 52
Shanxi Chanba  - China - [b]P[/b] 148 [b]W[/b] 116 [b]D[/b] 24 [b]L[/b] 8  [b]GS[/b] 354 [b]GC[/b] 118 [b]Win %[/b] 78
A.D. Pasto   - Colombia -[b]P[/b] 216 [b]W[/b] 167 [b]D[/b] 39 [b]L[/b] 1O [b]GS[/b] 521 [b]GC[/b] 140 [b]Win %[/b] 77
C.U. Dragons - N.Zealand-[b]P[/b] 40  [b]W[/b]  30 [b]D[/b]  9 [b]L[/b] 1  [b]GS[/b]  99 [b]GC[/b] 21  [b]Win %[/b] 75

Started off unemployed, the 1st job offer which was received and accepted was from Xiangtao who play in the 1st division in China.

Xiangtao Info

XiangtaoInfo.png

There league position I take over in

ChineseNationalFirstDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-2.png

I can challenge straight away, I have a strong team so I will be looking to challenge. The ruling for the league is ok as well and promotes homegrown as there is a limit of 5 foreign players in which 4 can play in the first XI. There is also a maximum of 3 foreigners which doesn't include Asian Players.

Hunan Xiangtao - Chinese National First Division - 2010

No transfers were made as no one was interested in joining not even on loan. Oh boy!

Competitions

League - Table - I was only in charge for 6 games but the teams above me would not lose where I won 3 and drew 3. They were promoted with 1 game to go so in my final against Guangzhou, I gave them a right thumping to remember me by.

Players/Awards

Edmilson and Mitchel Brown were joint top scorers with 14 goals each.

Zhao Mingxin topped the assists chart with 8.

Edmilson won Fans Player of the Year

Expectations

Will be staying at Hunan Xiangtao for a while.

The board wants a top half finsh while I will be going for promotion.

Wage budget is £0 for transfers and £11,750 p/w for wages.

Season   Club          Nation    Division      Position     National Cup    Continental Cup     Acheivements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010   Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      3rd           N/A              N/A                N/A 

Although Henan Jianye gave us a bad start to the season by dumping us out the cup, my league form see us sitting in 2nd with 28 points after 11 games so it has improved quite alot no the players are settled.

Hunan Xiangtao - Chinese National First Division - 2011

Transfers - They were to give more quality to the squad to push for promotion. Made a small profit on Didier Njewel as he was nothing more then a trouble causer and was glad to get rid of him. There was no goalkeeper found so I had to endure in that position.

Competitions

League - Table - We got the promotion I was aiming for, we could have won the league but we dropped too many points from leading positions which were mainly mistakes from the keeper. It was always a close league at the top but towards the end of the season, we were able to grind out the results to clinch the promotion on the pneultimate game of the season. The media had predicted us 6th and Anhui 7th, that shows you how little the media knows.

FA Cup - 1st Round - That was a short experience of the cup, was outplayed for the majority of the match and it was a deserved victory for Henan. I hope I will be able to perform better in the competition next season.

Players/Awards

Mitchel Brown was top scorer hitting 18 goals in 25 apps, just a shame he isn't interested in signing a new contract which expires in December 2012.

Zhao Mingxin topped the assist chart with 9! At least he beat last years record :p

Edmilson won Fans Player of the Year

Xu Ying - (Report) - He is the shining star to come form the youth setup as he is rated as able to become a good super league player.

Expectations

The board want me to avoid relegation and that is fine by me.

The priority this season is to sign a new goalkeeper as he cost me the title. I will look to strengthen the weaker areas by signing Chinese nationals as I have too many foreigners.

Season   Club          Nation    Division      Position     National Cup    Continental Cup     Acheivements
2010   Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      3rd           N/A              N/A                N/A 
2011   Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      2nd          1st Rnd           N/A              Promotion

Breaking News.....

Hunan Xiangtao manager Will Richardson will be leaving at the end of the season to join Chinese Superleague underachievers Shanxi Chanba who currently sit 13th out of 16.

Job Offer

Acceptance of the Job

In a brief statement, Will Richardson has said he will give 100% effort in making sure Hunan Xiangtao avoid relegation.

我给一百队在确保百分之停留在超级联赛注册 (Simplified Chinese saying I will give 100% to make sure the team stays up)

How did you guess :p

Was somthing random as I was bored doing paperwork from work while having a break from playing fm, the grammar is probably not my best though :p

I will have more of a chance to win things, it was really a no win situation for Xiangtao.

Hunan Xiangtao - Chinese Super League - 2012

Transfers - I managed to strengthen the weakend areas but I felt the team deserved a shot at the super league so there wasn't a massive overhaul. If I had this team in the National first league, we would have walked it so I was more than confident of staying up.

Competitons

League - Table - It was a weird season which went good,bad,good,bad,good. I overachieved by getting 6th but I did keep my promise in keeping Xiangtao up even though I knew I was leaving at the end of the season. We also held a 3-2 victory over the champs Beijing!!!

FA Cup - 2nd Round - The fact I got past the 1st round was more then pleasing for me as we beat fellow Super League side, Qingdao 3-1. We were outplayed in the 2nd round so I have no complaints as we made progress even if it was only a little bit.

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year although it wasn't much of a shock as the media had me down for relegation.

Mitchel Brown was top scorer with 14 goals and also was joint top on the assists chart with 7. I wanted to get him to sign a new deal for who replaces me but he was whining most of the season about moving to a bigger club. He won fans player of the year and Foreign Player of the Year

Zi Long was join top of the assist chart with 7, he had an ok season but went missing at vital times but no complaints as he was one of the better performers in the season.

Expectations

In the new season I will be managing Shanxi Chanba and I will hopfully be pushing the top 4 at the end of the season even though top half will be acceptable.

From what I have seen, the defence is the main problem so I will be raiding my old club for Ri Jun-Il and Wang Xiuquan to help solve that problem.

The futures bright, the futures yellow.

Season   Club          Nation    Division      Position     National Cup    Continental Cup        Notes
2011   Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      2nd          1st Rnd           N/A              Promotion
2012   Hunan Xiangtao  China   Superleague       6th          2nd Rnd           N/A            Left 03/12/12

Shanxi Chanba - Chinese Super League - 2013

Transfers - Got quality in, Hamza Boukhari is for the next couple of seasons as he is a real prospect. He is rated at 4.5* PA. On the outgoings, it was mainly rubbish, I was quite annoyed at selling Stefan as his contract expired in December and he wouldn't sign a new one either. The fact that Sepahan paid £3.2 million with 2 weeks left on his contract shows you how stupid their manager is.

Competition

League - Table - We were pushed hard by Shandong throughout the whole season but our quality came through on the last day of the season when we clinched the title with a 4-2 victory over Dongya. It was a brilliant season for us, on the downside it was unpleasant to see Hunan Xiangtao get relegated which shows the over achievment of last season. Asian Champions League here we come.

FA Cup - Winners - Even though we won, I am absolutely funing with the 2nd half as we ended being lucky to win after nearly letting a 3 goal lead slip. I gave the the hair dryer treatment at full time after I told them not to let their performance drop. We deafeated Liaoning, Dalian, Tianjin, Henan and Shandong.

All Stars Match - Winners - We dominated the match so we deserved to win, even if it was a biit harsh on the CSL All Stars. They would have been better just fielding the Shandong side who finished 2nd :p This victory gave us the final part of this seasons "treble".

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year.

Stefan topped the goalscoring chart with 18 goals and topped the assists chart with 15. He won Player of the Year, Foreign Player of the Year, Goal of the Season and Fans Player of the Year. He will be missed!!!

Junior was next top scorer with 15.

Regis was 2nd in the assist chart with 12.

Expectations

It was the near perfect season although it did hurt me to see Hunan Xiangtao get relegated.

With Stefan leaving, it's left a big gap to fill. However I think I have found the players to cover as he played in AMR and ST so I need 2 players.

I will be gunning for the title and cup again. For the Asian champions league, I hope to reach the quarters final or semi final.

Season   Club          Nation    Division      Position     National Cup    Continental Cup        Notes
2012   Hunan Xiangtao  China   Super League      6th          2nd Rnd           N/A            Left 03/12/12
2013   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st          Winners           N/A            Won Treble

Thanks guys :thup:

AK22 - I guess it was, the funny thing is that the AI manager manged to get Mitchel Brown to sign a new contract. He then went and scored against me in both games.

ToMexico!! - I'm not able to scout Africa but a agent did offer me Hamaza Boukhari and he signed as you can see. He is rated at 3.5* CA and 4.5* PA. Also have found that on my save, Chile seems to have alot of good players coming through....my replacement for Stefan is Leonardo Carrasco.

In other news, I have been drawn against Jeonbuk (South Korea), Persiwa (Indonesia), S-Pulse (Japan). I also have to deal with the Pan-Pacific Championship with us being against Gamba in the semis.

ToMexico!! - I'm not able to scout Africa but a agent did offer me Hamaza Boukhari and he signed as you can see. He is rated at 3.5* CA and 4.5* PA. Also have found that on my save, Chile seems to have alot of good players coming through....my replacement for Stefan is Leonardo Carrasco.

Some decent signings there. Having Brazil loaded obviously is helping you with a couple of players. Have you filled all your foreigner slots?

My foreigner slots are full, I have 8 foreigners but 3 of those are for backup purposes for the key players so it keeps everyone happy. If a really good foreigner comes up then I will sell another to make space for.

Shanxi Chanba - Chinese Super League - 2014

Transfers - I didn't really have to much as I was touted Carrasco by an agent, got him on trial and signed him as he was a brilliant replacement for Stefan, the other were home grown talents so I could rotate the squad more freely.

Competition

League - Table - It was easier then the season before, the teams below us are separted into 3 catergories. They are us, the chasers and everyone else. Our 2 losses were both controversial and both had the same ref which was quite a joke, it was like watching a City game with Peter Walton in charge. We broke our own records in points and goals scored, the defence can be better but there is no home grown talent out there as most teams are filling their defence with foreigners.

Asian CL - Winners - We got through the group stages winning 5 and drawing the other game. In the 2nd round we disposed of Pohang 5-2. In the quarters we faced fellow Chinese high flyers Shadong, we won 7-2 over 2 legs but it was closer then it looked, we were just more clinical. In total over 2 legs it was 25-24 in terms of shots in Shadong's favour!! In the semis we were against Iranian side Persepolis Tehan, how we managed to win 4-2 on agg is beyond me as we dominated the 1st leg 3-1 but didn't turn up in the 2nd and somehow managed a draw. In the final we against another Iranian side, this time it was Saba Battery Qom. It was a really even game which we showed our clinical side as we won 2-1 and claimed a place in the Club World Cup.

FA Cup - Winners - Beijing had been off the pace all season so this was their best chance as we were still tired from the Asian CL final, the fact they barely strung passes together gave us advantage when we counter attacked as we scored all out goals from counter attacks. They only turned up for 7 minutes then disappeared for the next 83 so it was a deserved win.

Club World Cup - Third - I'm quite stunned we won the 3rd place playoff against the NACL winners. We got through the semis but had a tough draw against Valencia, we battle but we lost the match 2-1. The 3rd place match was what I consider an upset as we were outsiders to win the match. I am proud of the boys as we pocketed just over £1.5 million for coming 3rd./

Pan Pacific C'ship - Winners - I was expecting more of a challenge off the MLS champs but we won both out matches 4-1 so it was a straight forward tournament and another trophy to add to the ever growing collection. The two scorers for us are our future if I can keep hold of them. Carrasco showed that he is a worthy replacement for the departed Stefan.

All Star Game - Winners - We dominated the game but we let in a scrappy goal from a corner. It was also a dull game except for the last 10 minutes of the match when it really kicked into action, the last 5 minutes was the best I had seen us play during the season.

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year

Leonardo Carrasco was top scorer hitting 28 goals in 48 appearances. He won the Golden Boot

Li Wei topped the assists chart with 17.

Yang Xu won Chinese Player of the Year

Douglas won Fans Player of the Year

Expectations

To carry on my good form winth Chanba. The main aim is to retain the Asian Champions league but I also want an unbeaten season.

I have two years left on my contract, if somehow I win the CWC then I will leave but if not I will leave in 2016 unless I get fired for some reason or an unpassable opportunity arises.

Keep hold of Leonardo Carrasco and Hamza Boukhar. I also have a Bhutani/Chinese centre midfielder by the name of Khare Leki who may play apart of the new season as he is rated at 2*CA and 4.5* PA.

2012   Hunan Xiangtao  China   Super League      6th          2nd Rnd           N/A            Left 03/12/12
2013   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st          Winners           N/A            Won Treble
2014   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st          Winners          Winners         Won Treble

Other Winners (Only top flight leagues + Continental Cups) 2010-15

Australia

A-League

2010/11 - Melbourne Heart FC

2011/12 - Sydney FC

2012/13 - Gold Coast United

2013/14 - Gold Coast United

Brazil

National 1st Division

2010 - Cruzeiro

2011 - Fluminense

2012 - Fluminense

2013 - Palmeiras

2014 - Corinthians

China

Super League

2010 - Beijing

2011 - Tianjin

2012 - Beijing

2013 - Chanba

2014 - Chanba

Colombia

1st Division

2010 - First Phase - Santa Fe Second Phase - Santa Fe

2011 - First Phase - Santa Fe Second Phase - Santa Fe

2012 - First Phase - Atletico Nacional Second Phase - Millonarios

2013- First Phase - Deprtivo Cali Second Phase - Deportivo Cali

2014 - First Phase - Santa Fe Second Phase - America de Cali

Egypt

Premier League

2010/11 - ENPPI

2011/12 - Al-Ahly

2012/13 - Al-Ahly

2013/14 - Zamalek

England

Premiership

2010/11 - Chelsea

2011/12 - Man City

2012/13 - Tottenham

2013/14 - Arsenal

Mexico

1st Division

2010/11 - Opening Stage - America (Mex) Closing Stage - Tigres

2011/12 - Opening Stage - Cruz Azul Closing Stage - Santos Laguna

2012/13 - Opening Stage - Chivas Closing Stage - Chivas

2013/14 - Opening Stage - Monterrey Closing Stage - Cruz Azul

New Zealnd

ASB Premiesip

2010/11 - Team Wellington

2011/12 - Auckland City

2012/13 - Auckland City

2013/14 - Waitakere Utd

South Africa

Premier Soccer League

2010/11 - Supersport Utd

2011/12 - Supersport Utd

2012/13 - Santos F.C

2013/14 - Supersport Utd

U.S.A

MLS

2010 - New York

2011 - New England

2012 - Salt Lake

2013 - Chivas USA

2014 - Los Angeles

Wales

Principality Welsh Premier

2010/11 - Neath

2011/12 - Neath

2012/13 - Neath

2013/14 - Neath (They are also on track for a 5th consecutive title as they are 12 points ahead with 11 games to go)

Surprises

Turkey winning the World Cup in 2014!!!

Great season BWG. One more season then moving on?

Actually thinking about it, probably want to go somewhere like Colombia as the league structure is really crazy or just go to New Zealand and get the O League won

Shanxi Chanba - Chinese Super League - 2015

Transfers - Not much to see here, it as a case of strengthen my team and weaken a rival team. The outgoings were deadwood as they were not going to feature so its only fair to see if they can play elsewhere.

Competition

League - Table - We walked it, our only defeat came on matchday 17 against Shandong but they went home early for most of their matches as they threw away alot of leads and for Tianjin, they could not convert their chances so it was alot easier then expected.

Chinese FA Cup - Winners - It was even untill extra time as that is when we dominated the match. We had 11 shots in 30 minutes and they just struggled to keep us out. They failed as a double from Leonardo Carrasco gave us cup victory even though we could had it won in normal time but as the saying goes.....better late then never!!

Asian CL - Winners - It was easy up till the semi final where I faced Al-Shabab, we might of won 7-2 on agg but it was dead even and we were more clinical and but it was the 2nd leg where we truly deserved to go through as we were assasins in fron of goaland won them 5-0. However the final was a true football match as it was back and fourth for the entire game and 4-0 did flatter us in the end but the victory gave us another chance in the CWC.

Club World Cup - Third - We beat Antlers on penalties in the quarter finals, we lost to Man Utd 4-2 in the semi (we were 4-0 down!). The 3rd place playoff was one of our best performances of the season and it was a well deserved win agains the Tunisian side. We started off well for once and it paid off with a 2-0 lead at half time. This continued in till about half way in the 2nd half before players started getting complacent, did lay into my defence for letting in a soft goal.

Pan Pacific C'ship - Winners - We beat Suwon 4-0 in the semi final. In the final, Grampus got lucky as both goals they scored were offside but in the end we still prevailed as we dominated the majority of the game and won this competition again. The downside was that this was a prelude to us starting slowly during games throughout the coming season.

All Star Game - Winners - I wish we start turning up to games earlier, this game summed our season up as we conced first then went on to dominate the game although it was a fairly straight forward game after we equalized.

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year for the 4th successive time and 3rd with Chanba.

Leonardo Carrasco was top scorer with 27 goals in 40 apps. He has deserved to be capped at full international level with his performances over the last 2 seasons. He won Player of the Year and fans player of the Year.

Gao Di topped the assist chart with 14.

Junior had a brilliant season compared to the last couple with hitting 23 goals with 13 coming in the league. His performances were recognised when he won Foreign Player of the Year.

Expectations

I've had a successful time in China with both teams, so I feel its time to move on from the country.

Where I will go I do not know but I don't care as the journey as only just begun.

Old Club Watch

Hunan Xiangtao finished 14th in the National 1st division as they avoided relegation by 3 points. They did finish 3rd the season before so I don't really know what has happened.

Season   Club          Nation    Division      Position   National Cup    Continental Cup    Notes
2010   Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      3rd         N/A              N/A             N/A 
2011   Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      2nd        1st Rnd           N/A           Promotion
2012   Hunan Xiangtao  China   Super League      6th        2nd Rnd           N/A          Left 03/12/12
2013   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners           N/A          Won Treble
2014   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble
2015   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble.left 1/1/16

In a shocking move, ex-Xiangtao and Chanba manager Will RIchardson has been appointed manager of Second Division Colombian Side, Asociación Deportivo Pasto

pasto_0.jpg

Budgets

Transfer Budget: £4,600,000

Wage Budget: £33,00 p/w

Wage Used: £14,843 p/w

Expectations

League - Reach Final of 2nd Division

Colombian Cup - Enjoy the experience of participating

My thoughts

It will be an interesting challenge, there is an awful lot of money for transfers so I may alter it abit to free the wage budget up. The expectations are fair enough and I should be able to meet them, I will be using the tactic I used in China (4-2-4) to see if I can get the same success as I did there. I have a contract 2020 by which we should be in the 1st Division, there is not alot of reputation difference between China and Colombia so the standard of players should be around the same.

Congratulations on another awesome season in China and another interesting move. Pasto were pretty much a yo-yo club when I was at La Sabana, currently in the top flight but again may be going down at the end of the season. Lets hope you can bring some silverware to the Narino region of Colombia. :thup:

Congratulations on another awesome season in China and another interesting move. Pasto were pretty much a yo-yo club when I was at La Sabana, currently in the top flight but again may be going down at the end of the season. Lets hope you can bring some silverware to the Narino region of Colombia. :thup:

Pasto haven't been out of the 2nd division but they have had 3rd two times. I should be able to get silverware but the league structure is the weirdest I have ever seen :D

Interesting move. Will be more difficult to become a big force in the continental competitions though (once you get there). Good luck!

It will be difficult but I'm up for it especially once I get to the continental part and messing with the big boys from Brazil! It was either this job or a job in Wales but I didn't fancy trying to dethrone Neath who've now won the league 6 times on the run.

pasto_0.jpg

A Deportivo Pasto - Colombian Second Division - 2016

Transfers - A lot of signings made before I felt satisfied with what I had.Mauricio Gonzalez was our key signing as we were weakest upfront, was quite shocked to get him with Boca Juniors and River Plate sniffing around him. The others were areas mainly backup for strength in depth and a couple of key players in defence. The 2 signings made on 21/12/16 are for the next season as Miller Camargo and Ricardo Moreno are 2 of Colombia's brightest prospects while Fontana is one of Argentina's many as they seem to be producing loads of prospects.

Competitions

League - Winners - Table - Group - Final Leg 1:Final Leg 2 - We deserved to win this competition off the form alone and we set a new record for scoring goals. It was a longish season which saw us play 42 games, if we could finish more frequently we would have had less draws and less losses. How this team was in this division is beyond me as we were far too good at times and could easily play at Colombia's highest level.

Cup - Winners - Leg 1:Leg2 - Was shocked at this competition but it shows there isn't much difference between the 2 divisions in terms of quality. I have to admit that the red card in the 2nd leg helped turn the games as we dominated and didn't let them have a sniff, I am a tad disappointed that we couldn't score more though. With this shocker of a win we qualified for the Copa Sudamericana.

Players/Awards

I came 2nd in Manager of the Year

Mauricio Gonzalez was our top scorer hitting 29 goals in 42 appearances. He saved us quite abit during the league as he was our stand out player by far. For his performances, he won Player of the Year and Fans Player of the Year.

Jorge Anchen topped the assist chart with 17. Not a bad return for a 36 year old!!

Overview

I am ecstactic with my 1st season in charge. We should have no major problems in the 1st division unless our finishing goes to pot which occurred quite regularly during the season.

A good thing I have noted is that although there is a low foreign player limit (3 players!), it only takes 3 years to gain nationality but 5 years to play for country.

Also looking forward to my 1st Copa Sudamericana but not sure what too expect from that and how far I should get.

Old Club Watch (Starting with 1st club)

Hunan Xiangtao had a better season in the National 1st Division as they finished in 5th place. They were 11 points off 2nd place.

Shanxi Chanba - I am appalled with what the AI has done with them. I left them in a good position playerwise and they sold the bright prospects and the highly talented as they finished 9th. They were knocked out in the 2nd round in the Asian Champions League. Leonardo Carrasco is now at Schalke, Hamza Boukhari is at Busan and Chinas best youth prospect Khare Leki is now at Beijing (sold for £750k) and has full international honours at 17 Stupid AI!!! :mad:

2010   Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      3rd         N/A              N/A             N/A 
2011   Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      2nd        1st Rnd           N/A           Promotion
2012   Hunan Xiangtao  China   Super League      6th        2nd Rnd           N/A          Left 03/12/12
2013   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners           N/A          Won Treble
2014   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble
2015   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble.left 1/1/16
2016   A.D. Pasto    Colombia  2nd Division      1st        Winners           N/A           Promotion.

Just catching up here. Well done in China - great success there and the right decision to move on as you had probably taken them as far as you could.

Great cup win with AD Pasto :eek::thup: Does that earn you a spot in the Copa Sudamericana for next season?

ToMexico!! - Thanks :thup: Top flight is going really well so far.

AK22 - I guess I should thank the AI for building this team up with which I just put the finishing touches on. Looked like a stroll but I had alot of luck during matches where I was dominated.

DodgeeD - Probably was the right move because I knew it wouldd take at least another 5-6 seasons before I could probably get in the final of the CWC let alone win it. That's right, I will be playing in the Copa Sudamericana for the cup win. Although I am dreading it as my defence is not the best at times!

pasto_0.jpg

A Deportivo Pasto - Colombian First Division - 2017

Transfers - Other then the loan, they were all bought for the future as they were rated at 5* PA. The loan was sent to me as we are a feeder club but he did come in handy as we lack depth in our AML position so will be looking for someone in that position for the new season. The outgoings were players that will never make it with me in charge. I did well with the Hinestroza transfer as he was only valued at £5k!

Competitions

League - Winners of both Phases - 1st Phase Table(overall) - 1st Phase Final - 2nd Phase Table(overall) - 2nd Phase Final - I made a few quality addition but the league was a walk in the park. I lost 2 games all season as we smashed in 131 goals!. I put this down to the AI formations as they mainly played a 4-2-2-2 ( 2 dms and 2cms) where as I play with wingers so they never had the wing covered that well. Our losses were to Cucuta in the 1st phase group stage and to Atletico Nacional in the 2nd leg of the Phase 2 final. It is quite scary to think what we will be capable of when our youngsters develop more.

Colombian Cup - Winners - 1st Leg : 2nd Leg - Well this is a weird tournament. I actually beat them 8-1 on agg in the 3rd round but for some reason they were drawn into the semis so we just beat them again to claim our 2nd successive cup. Mauricio Gonzalez was man of the match in both legs. A thing to note is that Medellin were in our position last season being a 2nd division side in the final but I wasn't going to be as kind as America de Cali were to us.

Copa Sudamericana - Quarter Finals - Boca were the team I wanted to avoid and I ended up losing to them even though we gave them a right battle. Boca went on to win the tournament so at least I can say we got knocked out by the eventual winner. Our highlight of the tournament was knocking out the previous holder Vasco in a stunning 3-0 Victory at their ground.

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year

Mauricio Gonzalez was our top scorer hitting a sensational 63 goals in 65 Apps. He was the leagues Top Scorer and won Player of the Year as well as Fans Player of the Year.

Miller Camargo topped the assist chart with 26 and also was 2nd highest scorer with 32 goals. Was well worth the £1.9 million transfer fee we paid Chico FC.

Alvaro Berrio is a Youth Academy graduate from our club. I had no problems putting him in as our other choice was 36. He was part of the Colombia U20 side which finished 3rd in the U20 world cup. He won Young Player of the Year.

Overview

Thrilled with the season we just had, wasn't too dissapointed in losing to Boca as they were the better team and Argentina seem to be producing talent upon talent as well.

I would like another season like this one as its just a harder version of the Welsh league. As the players develop more then I feel we can score more as well. The only thing I want is to not embarrass myself in the Copa Libertadores and hope I don't come up against Boca Juniors or River Plate.

Old Club Watch

Hunan Xiangtao suffered the pain of relegation as the came 15th out of 16 in the national first division.

Shanxi Chanba had a better season then previous as they finished 2nd in the super league and won the Chinese cup against fellow Chinese giants Beijing.

2016   A.D. Pasto    Colombia  2nd Division      1st        Winners           N/A           Promotion.
2017   A.D. Pasto    Colombia  1st Division      1st        Winners          Quarters      Domestic Double 

Archived