Closed Thread

Thread: [FM11] Continental Dominance or Bust!!!

Third Team

Default [FM11] Continental Dominance or Bust!!!

After my spectactular failure of an attempt in Wales, I am back to try again!!!

This time my aim is to win the 6 major continental competitions.

Starting Rep: Semi-Pro

Database: Small

Leagues

Africa - Egypt (Down to 2nd Division), South Africa (Premier League)

Asia - China (Down to 1st Division)

Europe - England (Down to BSN/BSS), Wales (Premier League)

North America - Mexico (Down to Promotion League), USA (MLS)

Oceania - Australia (A-League), New Zealand (NZ1 US1 Premiership)

South America - Brazil (3rd Division), Colombia (2nd Division)

A nice mix of countries and hopfully it will show the DLR in full affect as there are countries from every continent.

The African countries were chosen as they are the power houses of Africa.

China was picked as the country itself is untapped potential due to having billions in population and them developing as a footballing nation.

The North American and Oceania countries were picked as they are rivals with each other.

Europe is a case of the biggest and smallest playable leagues to see both sides of DLR.

South America is a case of Everybody loving Brazil while Colombia is my dark horse of the leagues picked as I feel they can improve and are worse then Brazil and Argentina but better then the likes of Peru and Venezuela.

Updates - End of Season or new job.

Third Team

Honours

China

Hunan Xiangtao
    Chinese National First Division - Runners up - 2011

Shanxi Chanba
    Chinese Super League - Winners - 2013,2014,2015
    Chinese FA Cup - Winners - 2013,2014,2015
    Asian CL - Winners - 2014,2015
    Pan Pacific C'Ship - Winners - 2014,2015
    Super League All Stars Game - Winners - 2013,2014,2015
    Club World Cup - 3rd Place - 2014,2015

Colombia

A Deportivo Pasto
    Colombian 1st Division - Winners - 2017,2018
    Colombian 2nd Division - Winners - 2016
    Colombian FA Cup - Winners - 2016,2017,2018

England

Bury Town
    Blue Square Bet North - Winners - 2021/22

New Zealand

Canterbury United Dragons
    ASB Premiership - Winners - 2019/20,2020/21
    O-League - Winners - 2021

Managerial Record
    Code:
    Season   Club          Nation    Division      Position   National Cup    Continental Cup    Notes
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010    Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      3rd         N/A              N/A             N/A 
    2011    Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      2nd        1st Rnd           N/A           Promotion
    2012    Hunan Xiangtao  China   Super League      6th        2nd Rnd           N/A          Left 03/12/12
    2013    Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners           N/A          Won Treble
    2014    Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble
    2015    Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble.left 1/1/16
    2016    A.D. Pasto    Colombia  2nd Division      1st        Winners           N/A           Promotion.
    2017    A.D. Pasto    Colombia  1st Division      1st        Winners          Quarters      Domestic Double
    2018    A.D. Pasto    Colombia  1st Division      1st        Winners          Quarters      Domestic Double.
    2019/20 C.U. Dragons  N.Zealand ASB Premiership   1st         N/A              N/A          Playoff Winners!
    2020/21 C.U. Dragons  N.Zealand ASB Premiership   1st         N/A             Winners       Double.
    2021/22 Bury Town      England  Bl. Sq. North     1st        4th Q.Rnd         N/A          Automatic Promotion!
    Managerial Stats
    Code:
    Hunan Xiangtao - China - P 65  W  34 D 17 L 14 GS 132 GC 78  Win % 52
    Shanxi Chanba  - China - P 148 W 116 D 24 L 8  GS 354 GC 118 Win % 78
    A.D. Pasto   - Colombia -P 216 W 167 D 39 L 1O GS 521 GC 140 Win % 77
    C.U. Dragons - N.Zealand-P 40  W  30 D  9 L 1  GS  99 GC 21  Win % 75
    Last edited by B.W.G; 13-02-2011 at 18:10.

Third Team

Started off unemployed, the 1st job offer which was received and accepted was from Xiangtao who play in the 1st division in China.

Xiangtao Info

There league position I take over in

I can challenge straight away, I have a strong team so I will be looking to challenge. The ruling for the league is ok as well and promotes homegrown as there is a limit of 5 foreign players in which 4 can play in the first XI. There is also a maximum of 3 foreigners which doesn't include Asian Players.

Semi Pro

Good Luck with this, enjoy reading your updates when either in here or over in the CSE.

Third Team

Think I will need luck this time. How they were 4th is beyond me, the defence and keeper are terrible and midfield aint much better.

Third Team

Hunan Xiangtao - Chinese National First Division - 2010

No transfers were made as no one was interested in joining not even on loan. Oh boy!

Competitions

League - Table - I was only in charge for 6 games but the teams above me would not lose where I won 3 and drew 3. They were promoted with 1 game to go so in my final against Guangzhou, I gave them a right thumping to remember me by.

Players/Awards

Edmilson and Mitchel Brown were joint top scorers with 14 goals each.

Zhao Mingxin topped the assists chart with 8.

Edmilson won Fans Player of the Year

Expectations

Will be staying at Hunan Xiangtao for a while.

The board wants a top half finsh while I will be going for promotion.

Wage budget is £0 for transfers and £11,750 p/w for wages.

Code:
    Season   Club          Nation    Division      Position     National Cup    Continental Cup     Acheivements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010   Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      3rd           N/A              N/A                N/A

Part-Timer

Someone else in China. Seems to attract a lot of people here!

Good luck!

Third Team

Thanks....never managed in China before so its a new experience for me but my contract ends in December 2011 and its currently June 2011, I hope it isn't a brief experience.

Reserves

Good luck at Xiangtao mate. And welcome to China and hope you enjoy your stay.

Third Team

Thanks

Although Henan Jianye gave us a bad start to the season by dumping us out the cup, my league form see us sitting in 2nd with 28 points after 11 games so it has improved quite alot no the players are settled.

Youth Team

A promising start.

Good luck with the promotion push next season

Third Team

Hunan Xiangtao - Chinese National First Division - 2011

Transfers - They were to give more quality to the squad to push for promotion. Made a small profit on Didier Njewel as he was nothing more then a trouble causer and was glad to get rid of him. There was no goalkeeper found so I had to endure in that position.

Competitions

League - Table - We got the promotion I was aiming for, we could have won the league but we dropped too many points from leading positions which were mainly mistakes from the keeper. It was always a close league at the top but towards the end of the season, we were able to grind out the results to clinch the promotion on the pneultimate game of the season. The media had predicted us 6th and Anhui 7th, that shows you how little the media knows.

FA Cup - 1st Round - That was a short experience of the cup, was outplayed for the majority of the match and it was a deserved victory for Henan. I hope I will be able to perform better in the competition next season.

Players/Awards

Mitchel Brown was top scorer hitting 18 goals in 25 apps, just a shame he isn't interested in signing a new contract which expires in December 2012.

Zhao Mingxin topped the assist chart with 9! At least he beat last years record

Edmilson won Fans Player of the Year

Xu Ying - (Report) - He is the shining star to come form the youth setup as he is rated as able to become a good super league player.

Expectations

The board want me to avoid relegation and that is fine by me.

The priority this season is to sign a new goalkeeper as he cost me the title. I will look to strengthen the weaker areas by signing Chinese nationals as I have too many foreigners.

Code:
    Season   Club          Nation    Division      Position     National Cup    Continental Cup     Acheivements
    2010   Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      3rd           N/A              N/A                N/A 
    2011   Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      2nd          1st Rnd           N/A              Promotion

Semi Pro

A very good season and well done on gaining top flight football. Good Luck finding those home grown players!

Third Team

I really don't know what to expect from top flight as for the home grown.....think I give up, I've found some but I need strikers who are not foreigner and I can't find any!

Third Team

Breaking News.....

Hunan Xiangtao manager Will Richardson will be leaving at the end of the season to join Chinese Superleague underachievers Shanxi Chanba who currently sit 13th out of 16.

Job Offer

Acceptance of the Job

In a brief statement, Will Richardson has said he will give 100% effort in making sure Hunan Xiangtao avoid relegation.

我给一百队在确保百分之停留在超级联赛注册 (Simplified Chinese saying I will give 100% to make sure the team stays up)
    Last edited by B.W.G; 26-01-2011 at 20:22.

Reserves

LOL google translate.

I personally can't read simplified chinese very well, but I'll check your grammar later.

Chanba are a good club btw, you should win some league titles hehe.

Third Team

How did you guess

Was somthing random as I was bored doing paperwork from work while having a break from playing fm, the grammar is probably not my best though

I will have more of a chance to win things, it was really a no win situation for Xiangtao.
    Last edited by B.W.G; 26-01-2011 at 23:34.

Third Team

Hunan Xiangtao - Chinese Super League - 2012

Transfers - I managed to strengthen the weakend areas but I felt the team deserved a shot at the super league so there wasn't a massive overhaul. If I had this team in the National first league, we would have walked it so I was more than confident of staying up.

Competitons

League - Table - It was a weird season which went good,bad,good,bad,good. I overachieved by getting 6th but I did keep my promise in keeping Xiangtao up even though I knew I was leaving at the end of the season. We also held a 3-2 victory over the champs Beijing!!!

FA Cup - 2nd Round - The fact I got past the 1st round was more then pleasing for me as we beat fellow Super League side, Qingdao 3-1. We were outplayed in the 2nd round so I have no complaints as we made progress even if it was only a little bit.

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year although it wasn't much of a shock as the media had me down for relegation.

Mitchel Brown was top scorer with 14 goals and also was joint top on the assists chart with 7. I wanted to get him to sign a new deal for who replaces me but he was whining most of the season about moving to a bigger club. He won fans player of the year and Foreign Player of the Year

Zi Long was join top of the assist chart with 7, he had an ok season but went missing at vital times but no complaints as he was one of the better performers in the season.

Expectations

In the new season I will be managing Shanxi Chanba and I will hopfully be pushing the top 4 at the end of the season even though top half will be acceptable.

From what I have seen, the defence is the main problem so I will be raiding my old club for Ri Jun-Il and Wang Xiuquan to help solve that problem.

The futures bright, the futures yellow.

Code:
    Season   Club          Nation    Division      Position     National Cup    Continental Cup        Notes
    2011   Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      2nd          1st Rnd           N/A              Promotion
    2012   Hunan Xiangtao  China   Superleague       6th          2nd Rnd           N/A            Left 03/12/12

Part-Timer

congrats on the progress so far. Will follow it as you go.
    Not sure how you play with that skin. Makes my brain hurt

Third Team

I know what you mean but I can change the background so from now on it shouldn't make your head hurt as much!

Youth Team

You did a good job with Xiangtao, hopefully they won't come back to haunt you when you play them next season!

Third Team

I'll find out 3rd game of the season when we face them at home but on any saves I do it normally happens

Third Team

Shanxi Chanba - Chinese Super League - 2013

Transfers - Got quality in, Hamza Boukhari is for the next couple of seasons as he is a real prospect. He is rated at 4.5* PA. On the outgoings, it was mainly rubbish, I was quite annoyed at selling Stefan as his contract expired in December and he wouldn't sign a new one either. The fact that Sepahan paid £3.2 million with 2 weeks left on his contract shows you how stupid their manager is.

Competition

League - Table - We were pushed hard by Shandong throughout the whole season but our quality came through on the last day of the season when we clinched the title with a 4-2 victory over Dongya. It was a brilliant season for us, on the downside it was unpleasant to see Hunan Xiangtao get relegated which shows the over achievment of last season. Asian Champions League here we come.

FA Cup - Winners - Even though we won, I am absolutely funing with the 2nd half as we ended being lucky to win after nearly letting a 3 goal lead slip. I gave the the hair dryer treatment at full time after I told them not to let their performance drop. We deafeated Liaoning, Dalian, Tianjin, Henan and Shandong.

All Stars Match - Winners - We dominated the match so we deserved to win, even if it was a biit harsh on the CSL All Stars. They would have been better just fielding the Shandong side who finished 2nd This victory gave us the final part of this seasons "treble".

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year.

Stefan topped the goalscoring chart with 18 goals and topped the assists chart with 15. He won Player of the Year, Foreign Player of the Year, Goal of the Season and Fans Player of the Year. He will be missed!!!

Junior was next top scorer with 15.

Regis was 2nd in the assist chart with 12.

Expectations

It was the near perfect season although it did hurt me to see Hunan Xiangtao get relegated.

With Stefan leaving, it's left a big gap to fill. However I think I have found the players to cover as he played in AMR and ST so I need 2 players.

I will be gunning for the title and cup again. For the Asian champions league, I hope to reach the quarters final or semi final.

Code:
    Season   Club          Nation    Division      Position     National Cup    Continental Cup        Notes
    2012   Hunan Xiangtao  China   Super League      6th          2nd Rnd           N/A            Left 03/12/12
    2013   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st          Winners           N/A            Won Treble

Reserves

Nice work. You sure made an immediate impact with Chanba...good luck in ACL.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post

It was the near perfect season although it did hurt me to see Hunan Xiangtao get relegated.
    Shows you were right to leave when you did

Semi Pro

Good Work BWG. Winners with just one league loss is impressive in your first season. Have you scouted Africa yet? You will find some cracking regens there for a pittance of a price.

Third Team

Thanks guys

AK22 - I guess it was, the funny thing is that the AI manager manged to get Mitchel Brown to sign a new contract. He then went and scored against me in both games.

ToMexico!! - I'm not able to scout Africa but a agent did offer me Hamaza Boukhari and he signed as you can see. He is rated at 3.5* CA and 4.5* PA. Also have found that on my save, Chile seems to have alot of good players coming through....my replacement for Stefan is Leonardo Carrasco.

In other news, I have been drawn against Jeonbuk (South Korea), Persiwa (Indonesia), S-Pulse (Japan). I also have to deal with the Pan-Pacific Championship with us being against Gamba in the semis.
    Last edited by B.W.G; 28-01-2011 at 11:13.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post

ToMexico!! - I'm not able to scout Africa but a agent did offer me Hamaza Boukhari and he signed as you can see. He is rated at 3.5* CA and 4.5* PA. Also have found that on my save, Chile seems to have alot of good players coming through....my replacement for Stefan is Leonardo Carrasco.
    Some decent signings there. Having Brazil loaded obviously is helping you with a couple of players. Have you filled all your foreigner slots?

Third Team

My foreigner slots are full, I have 8 foreigners but 3 of those are for backup purposes for the key players so it keeps everyone happy. If a really good foreigner comes up then I will sell another to make space for.

Third Team

Shanxi Chanba - Chinese Super League - 2014

Transfers - I didn't really have to much as I was touted Carrasco by an agent, got him on trial and signed him as he was a brilliant replacement for Stefan, the other were home grown talents so I could rotate the squad more freely.

Competition

League - Table - It was easier then the season before, the teams below us are separted into 3 catergories. They are us, the chasers and everyone else. Our 2 losses were both controversial and both had the same ref which was quite a joke, it was like watching a City game with Peter Walton in charge. We broke our own records in points and goals scored, the defence can be better but there is no home grown talent out there as most teams are filling their defence with foreigners.

Asian CL - Winners - We got through the group stages winning 5 and drawing the other game. In the 2nd round we disposed of Pohang 5-2. In the quarters we faced fellow Chinese high flyers Shadong, we won 7-2 over 2 legs but it was closer then it looked, we were just more clinical. In total over 2 legs it was 25-24 in terms of shots in Shadong's favour!! In the semis we were against Iranian side Persepolis Tehan, how we managed to win 4-2 on agg is beyond me as we dominated the 1st leg 3-1 but didn't turn up in the 2nd and somehow managed a draw. In the final we against another Iranian side, this time it was Saba Battery Qom. It was a really even game which we showed our clinical side as we won 2-1 and claimed a place in the Club World Cup.

FA Cup - Winners - Beijing had been off the pace all season so this was their best chance as we were still tired from the Asian CL final, the fact they barely strung passes together gave us advantage when we counter attacked as we scored all out goals from counter attacks. They only turned up for 7 minutes then disappeared for the next 83 so it was a deserved win.

Club World Cup - Third - I'm quite stunned we won the 3rd place playoff against the NACL winners. We got through the semis but had a tough draw against Valencia, we battle but we lost the match 2-1. The 3rd place match was what I consider an upset as we were outsiders to win the match. I am proud of the boys as we pocketed just over £1.5 million for coming 3rd./

Pan Pacific C'ship - Winners - I was expecting more of a challenge off the MLS champs but we won both out matches 4-1 so it was a straight forward tournament and another trophy to add to the ever growing collection. The two scorers for us are our future if I can keep hold of them. Carrasco showed that he is a worthy replacement for the departed Stefan.

All Star Game - Winners - We dominated the game but we let in a scrappy goal from a corner. It was also a dull game except for the last 10 minutes of the match when it really kicked into action, the last 5 minutes was the best I had seen us play during the season.

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year

Leonardo Carrasco was top scorer hitting 28 goals in 48 appearances. He won the Golden Boot

Li Wei topped the assists chart with 17.

Yang Xu won Chinese Player of the Year

Douglas won Fans Player of the Year

Expectations

To carry on my good form winth Chanba. The main aim is to retain the Asian Champions league but I also want an unbeaten season.

I have two years left on my contract, if somehow I win the CWC then I will leave but if not I will leave in 2016 unless I get fired for some reason or an unpassable opportunity arises.

Keep hold of Leonardo Carrasco and Hamza Boukhar. I also have a Bhutani/Chinese centre midfielder by the name of Khare Leki who may play apart of the new season as he is rated at 2*CA and 4.5* PA.

Code:
    2012   Hunan Xiangtao  China   Super League      6th          2nd Rnd           N/A            Left 03/12/12
    2013   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st          Winners           N/A            Won Treble
    2014   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st          Winners          Winners         Won Treble

Semi Pro

Great season BWG. One more season then moving on?

Third Team

Other Winners (Only top flight leagues + Continental Cups) 2010-15

Australia
    A-League
    2010/11 - Melbourne Heart FC
    2011/12 - Sydney FC
    2012/13 - Gold Coast United
    2013/14 - Gold Coast United

Brazil
    National 1st Division
    2010 - Cruzeiro
    2011 - Fluminense
    2012 - Fluminense
    2013 - Palmeiras
    2014 - Corinthians

China
    Super League
    2010 - Beijing
    2011 - Tianjin
    2012 - Beijing
    2013 - Chanba
    2014 - Chanba

Colombia
    1st Division
    2010 - First Phase - Santa Fe Second Phase - Santa Fe
    2011 - First Phase - Santa Fe Second Phase - Santa Fe
    2012 - First Phase - Atletico Nacional Second Phase - Millonarios
    2013- First Phase - Deprtivo Cali Second Phase - Deportivo Cali
    2014 - First Phase - Santa Fe Second Phase - America de Cali

Egypt
    Premier League
    2010/11 - ENPPI
    2011/12 - Al-Ahly
    2012/13 - Al-Ahly
    2013/14 - Zamalek

England
    Premiership
    2010/11 - Chelsea
    2011/12 - Man City
    2012/13 - Tottenham
    2013/14 - Arsenal

Mexico
    1st Division
    2010/11 - Opening Stage - America (Mex) Closing Stage - Tigres
    2011/12 - Opening Stage - Cruz Azul Closing Stage - Santos Laguna
    2012/13 - Opening Stage - Chivas Closing Stage - Chivas
    2013/14 - Opening Stage - Monterrey Closing Stage - Cruz Azul

New Zealnd
    ASB Premiesip
    2010/11 - Team Wellington
    2011/12 - Auckland City
    2012/13 - Auckland City
    2013/14 - Waitakere Utd

South Africa
    Premier Soccer League
    2010/11 - Supersport Utd
    2011/12 - Supersport Utd
    2012/13 - Santos F.C
    2013/14 - Supersport Utd

U.S.A
    MLS
    2010 - New York
    2011 - New England
    2012 - Salt Lake
    2013 - Chivas USA
    2014 - Los Angeles

Wales
    Principality Welsh Premier
    2010/11 - Neath
    2011/12 - Neath
    2012/13 - Neath
    2013/14 - Neath (They are also on track for a 5th consecutive title as they are 12 points ahead with 11 games to go)

Surprises

Turkey winning the World Cup in 2014!!!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by ToMexico!! View Post
    Great season BWG. One more season then moving on?
    Actually thinking about it, probably want to go somewhere like Colombia as the league structure is really crazy or just go to New Zealand and get the O League won

Youth Team

Great season - you walked it!

Reserves

Why does everyone else wins the ACL so easily while I had to struggle for a few years?

Congratz anyways and if you're trying to find a new job aim for the ones with a 2 star reputation because that's the rep of the CSL.

Third Team

AK 22 - Thanks

rancer890 - its my tactics I have been looking but nothing so far.

Third Team

Shanxi Chanba - Chinese Super League - 2015

Transfers - Not much to see here, it as a case of strengthen my team and weaken a rival team. The outgoings were deadwood as they were not going to feature so its only fair to see if they can play elsewhere.

Competition

League - Table - We walked it, our only defeat came on matchday 17 against Shandong but they went home early for most of their matches as they threw away alot of leads and for Tianjin, they could not convert their chances so it was alot easier then expected.

Chinese FA Cup - Winners - It was even untill extra time as that is when we dominated the match. We had 11 shots in 30 minutes and they just struggled to keep us out. They failed as a double from Leonardo Carrasco gave us cup victory even though we could had it won in normal time but as the saying goes.....better late then never!!

Asian CL - Winners - It was easy up till the semi final where I faced Al-Shabab, we might of won 7-2 on agg but it was dead even and we were more clinical and but it was the 2nd leg where we truly deserved to go through as we were assasins in fron of goaland won them 5-0. However the final was a true football match as it was back and fourth for the entire game and 4-0 did flatter us in the end but the victory gave us another chance in the CWC.

Club World Cup - Third - We beat Antlers on penalties in the quarter finals, we lost to Man Utd 4-2 in the semi (we were 4-0 down!). The 3rd place playoff was one of our best performances of the season and it was a well deserved win agains the Tunisian side. We started off well for once and it paid off with a 2-0 lead at half time. This continued in till about half way in the 2nd half before players started getting complacent, did lay into my defence for letting in a soft goal.

Pan Pacific C'ship - Winners - We beat Suwon 4-0 in the semi final. In the final, Grampus got lucky as both goals they scored were offside but in the end we still prevailed as we dominated the majority of the game and won this competition again. The downside was that this was a prelude to us starting slowly during games throughout the coming season.

All Star Game - Winners - I wish we start turning up to games earlier, this game summed our season up as we conced first then went on to dominate the game although it was a fairly straight forward game after we equalized.

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year for the 4th successive time and 3rd with Chanba.

Leonardo Carrasco was top scorer with 27 goals in 40 apps. He has deserved to be capped at full international level with his performances over the last 2 seasons. He won Player of the Year and fans player of the Year.

Gao Di topped the assist chart with 14.

Junior had a brilliant season compared to the last couple with hitting 23 goals with 13 coming in the league. His performances were recognised when he won Foreign Player of the Year.

Expectations

I've had a successful time in China with both teams, so I feel its time to move on from the country.

Where I will go I do not know but I don't care as the journey as only just begun.

Old Club Watch

Hunan Xiangtao finished 14th in the National 1st division as they avoided relegation by 3 points. They did finish 3rd the season before so I don't really know what has happened.

Code:
    Season   Club          Nation    Division      Position   National Cup    Continental Cup    Notes
    2010   Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      3rd         N/A              N/A             N/A 
    2011   Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      2nd        1st Rnd           N/A           Promotion
    2012   Hunan Xiangtao  China   Super League      6th        2nd Rnd           N/A          Left 03/12/12
    2013   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners           N/A          Won Treble
    2014   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble
    2015   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble.left 1/1/16

Third Team

In a shocking move, ex-Xiangtao and Chanba manager Will RIchardson has been appointed manager of Second Division Colombian Side, Asociación Deportivo Pasto

Budgets

Transfer Budget: £4,600,000
    Wage Budget: £33,00 p/w
    Wage Used: £14,843 p/w

Expectations

League - Reach Final of 2nd Division
    Colombian Cup - Enjoy the experience of participating

My thoughts

It will be an interesting challenge, there is an awful lot of money for transfers so I may alter it abit to free the wage budget up. The expectations are fair enough and I should be able to meet them, I will be using the tactic I used in China (4-2-4) to see if I can get the same success as I did there. I have a contract 2020 by which we should be in the 1st Division, there is not alot of reputation difference between China and Colombia so the standard of players should be around the same.

Youth Team

Interesting move. Will be more difficult to become a big force in the continental competitions though (once you get there). Good luck!

Semi Pro

Congratulations on another awesome season in China and another interesting move. Pasto were pretty much a yo-yo club when I was at La Sabana, currently in the top flight but again may be going down at the end of the season. Lets hope you can bring some silverware to the Narino region of Colombia.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by ToMexico!! View Post
    Congratulations on another awesome season in China and another interesting move. Pasto were pretty much a yo-yo club when I was at La Sabana, currently in the top flight but again may be going down at the end of the season. Lets hope you can bring some silverware to the Narino region of Colombia.
    Pasto haven't been out of the 2nd division but they have had 3rd two times. I should be able to get silverware but the league structure is the weirdest I have ever seen

Interesting move. Will be more difficult to become a big force in the continental competitions though (once you get there). Good luck!
    It will be difficult but I'm up for it especially once I get to the continental part and messing with the big boys from Brazil! It was either this job or a job in Wales but I didn't fancy trying to dethrone Neath who've now won the league 6 times on the run.

Third Team

A Deportivo Pasto - Colombian Second Division - 2016

Transfers - A lot of signings made before I felt satisfied with what I had.Mauricio Gonzalez was our key signing as we were weakest upfront, was quite shocked to get him with Boca Juniors and River Plate sniffing around him. The others were areas mainly backup for strength in depth and a couple of key players in defence. The 2 signings made on 21/12/16 are for the next season as Miller Camargo and Ricardo Moreno are 2 of Colombia's brightest prospects while Fontana is one of Argentina's many as they seem to be producing loads of prospects.

Competitions

League - Winners - Table - Group - Final Leg 1:Final Leg 2 - We deserved to win this competition off the form alone and we set a new record for scoring goals. It was a longish season which saw us play 42 games, if we could finish more frequently we would have had less draws and less losses. How this team was in this division is beyond me as we were far too good at times and could easily play at Colombia's highest level.

Cup - Winners - Leg 1:Leg2 - Was shocked at this competition but it shows there isn't much difference between the 2 divisions in terms of quality. I have to admit that the red card in the 2nd leg helped turn the games as we dominated and didn't let them have a sniff, I am a tad disappointed that we couldn't score more though. With this shocker of a win we qualified for the Copa Sudamericana.

Players/Awards

I came 2nd in Manager of the Year

Mauricio Gonzalez was our top scorer hitting 29 goals in 42 appearances. He saved us quite abit during the league as he was our stand out player by far. For his performances, he won Player of the Year and Fans Player of the Year.

Jorge Anchen topped the assist chart with 17. Not a bad return for a 36 year old!!

Overview

I am ecstactic with my 1st season in charge. We should have no major problems in the 1st division unless our finishing goes to pot which occurred quite regularly during the season.

A good thing I have noted is that although there is a low foreign player limit (3 players!), it only takes 3 years to gain nationality but 5 years to play for country.

Also looking forward to my 1st Copa Sudamericana but not sure what too expect from that and how far I should get.

Old Club Watch (Starting with 1st club)

Hunan Xiangtao had a better season in the National 1st Division as they finished in 5th place. They were 11 points off 2nd place.

Shanxi Chanba - I am appalled with what the AI has done with them. I left them in a good position playerwise and they sold the bright prospects and the highly talented as they finished 9th. They were knocked out in the 2nd round in the Asian Champions League. Leonardo Carrasco is now at Schalke, Hamza Boukhari is at Busan and Chinas best youth prospect Khare Leki is now at Beijing (sold for £750k) and has full international honours at 17 Stupid AI!!!

Code:
    2010   Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      3rd         N/A              N/A             N/A 
    2011   Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      2nd        1st Rnd           N/A           Promotion
    2012   Hunan Xiangtao  China   Super League      6th        2nd Rnd           N/A          Left 03/12/12
    2013   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners           N/A          Won Treble
    2014   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble
    2015   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble.left 1/1/16
    2016   A.D. Pasto    Colombia  2nd Division      1st        Winners           N/A           Promotion.
    Last edited by B.W.G; 05-02-2011 at 22:14.

Semi Pro

You make it look too easy BWG

Good Luck with life in the top flight

Youth Team

Well done on the promotion. You strolled it!

Youth Team

Just catching up here. Well done in China - great success there and the right decision to move on as you had probably taken them as far as you could.

Great cup win with AD Pasto Does that earn you a spot in the Copa Sudamericana for next season?

Third Team

ToMexico!! - Thanks Top flight is going really well so far.

AK22 - I guess I should thank the AI for building this team up with which I just put the finishing touches on. Looked like a stroll but I had alot of luck during matches where I was dominated.

DodgeeD - Probably was the right move because I knew it wouldd take at least another 5-6 seasons before I could probably get in the final of the CWC let alone win it. That's right, I will be playing in the Copa Sudamericana for the cup win. Although I am dreading it as my defence is not the best at times!

Third Team

A Deportivo Pasto - Colombian First Division - 2017

Transfers - Other then the loan, they were all bought for the future as they were rated at 5* PA. The loan was sent to me as we are a feeder club but he did come in handy as we lack depth in our AML position so will be looking for someone in that position for the new season. The outgoings were players that will never make it with me in charge. I did well with the Hinestroza transfer as he was only valued at £5k!

Competitions

League - Winners of both Phases - 1st Phase Table(overall) - 1st Phase Final - 2nd Phase Table(overall) - 2nd Phase Final - I made a few quality addition but the league was a walk in the park. I lost 2 games all season as we smashed in 131 goals!. I put this down to the AI formations as they mainly played a 4-2-2-2 ( 2 dms and 2cms) where as I play with wingers so they never had the wing covered that well. Our losses were to Cucuta in the 1st phase group stage and to Atletico Nacional in the 2nd leg of the Phase 2 final. It is quite scary to think what we will be capable of when our youngsters develop more.

Colombian Cup - Winners - 1st Leg : 2nd Leg - Well this is a weird tournament. I actually beat them 8-1 on agg in the 3rd round but for some reason they were drawn into the semis so we just beat them again to claim our 2nd successive cup. Mauricio Gonzalez was man of the match in both legs. A thing to note is that Medellin were in our position last season being a 2nd division side in the final but I wasn't going to be as kind as America de Cali were to us.

Copa Sudamericana - Quarter Finals - Boca were the team I wanted to avoid and I ended up losing to them even though we gave them a right battle. Boca went on to win the tournament so at least I can say we got knocked out by the eventual winner. Our highlight of the tournament was knocking out the previous holder Vasco in a stunning 3-0 Victory at their ground.

Players/Awards

Mauricio Gonzalez was our top scorer hitting a sensational 63 goals in 65 Apps. He was the leagues Top Scorer and won Player of the Year as well as Fans Player of the Year.

Miller Camargo topped the assist chart with 26 and also was 2nd highest scorer with 32 goals. Was well worth the £1.9 million transfer fee we paid Chico FC.

Alvaro Berrio is a Youth Academy graduate from our club. I had no problems putting him in as our other choice was 36. He was part of the Colombia U20 side which finished 3rd in the U20 world cup. He won Young Player of the Year.

Overview

Thrilled with the season we just had, wasn't too dissapointed in losing to Boca as they were the better team and Argentina seem to be producing talent upon talent as well.

I would like another season like this one as its just a harder version of the Welsh league. As the players develop more then I feel we can score more as well. The only thing I want is to not embarrass myself in the Copa Libertadores and hope I don't come up against Boca Juniors or River Plate.

Old Club Watch

Hunan Xiangtao suffered the pain of relegation as the came 15th out of 16 in the national first division.

Shanxi Chanba had a better season then previous as they finished 2nd in the super league and won the Chinese cup against fellow Chinese giants Beijing.

Code:
    2016   A.D. Pasto    Colombia  2nd Division      1st        Winners           N/A           Promotion.
    2017   A.D. Pasto    Colombia  1st Division      1st        Winners          Quarters      Domestic Double
    Last edited by B.W.G; 09-02-2011 at 22:08.

Semi Pro

Another great season! you are certainly racing through the seasons and will soon be catching me up. I take it you will want to win a continental trophy before moving on again?

Reserves

Berrio looks fantastic at 16. Great work overall this season.

Youth Team

Well done on another great season. You gonna have to fight off the big-clubs to keep hold of your star players especially the goal machine!

Third Team

ToMexico!! - I might have to move to Brazil to have a better chance of winning the Copa Libertadores. If I can't win it and I feel I've got them as far as I can then I will move to one of the easier nations to win their continental trophy. The O-league will be a quick one, while African CL may not be that different from the Asian CL. The north american CL however may be more difficult with all the ruling in the MLS.

Rancer890 - He is one of many hot prospects in South America which shows South America has been lucky in regard to regens even though the majority of the best are Argentinians!.

AK22 - That might be a problem due to the agent demanding a minimum fee release clause for him. Trying to see if offering higher sign on fees in the contract without having a minimum release will persuade them to sign.

Third Team

Just a quick update, have been drawn against San Lorenzo, Fluminense and Blooming in the Copa Libertadores. We beat San Lorenzo 3-1 at home (considered a shock by the media), we were dominated against Fluminense but still managed to draw somehow, we had a home victory against Blooming 4-1 to leave us top with 7 points with 3 games to play.

I have been offered the job of Seattle Sounders but I turned it down as I wanted a crack at the Copa Libertadores even though Seattle is the job I wanted in the MLS, hope the chairman will forgive me in the future

Also can someone explain to me how Boca Juniors won both the Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana in 2017 as I thought you could only be entered for one continental competition

Youth Team

I can't get my head around all the South America competition rules either. You can finish top in some leagues and not win the title!
    too

Amateur

If you manage to win all 6 competitions I will worship you as a God!!
    I've been following this thread for a while and have been too lazy in my commenting. Your career has shown fantastic progression so far, you make it look all took easy. I couldn't do anything like it myself as I get way too attached to clubs and players and could never move afterwards. I guess this type of management needs a ruthlessness that you have in abundance :P.
    KUTGW!

Third Team

Thanks

The only thing I get attatched to is the players as I don't really want them to leave. Moving clubs is something different for me as well, I'm normally a one club person so this is the first time at a journeyman career so I thought I would need to be more ruthless

Third Team

A Deportivo Pasto - Colombian First Division - 2018

Transfers - Not much business done, more deadwood gone while those bought in are the best I can find who have alot of potential and can easily play at a higher level. Matias Vella and Ricardo were a pain to find as we have a limit of 4 foreign players so I needed dual nationality players with one nation being Colombia. I eventually found Ricardo while Vella was offered to us by an agent.

Competitions

League - Winners - First Phase - 2nd Phase - Overall Table - We totally dominated setting new records for goals scored and points amassed. I was disappointed with the loss as our strikers forgot to turn up as we dominated but we lost 1-0, this was merely a blemish in the season. We also set a Colombian 1st Division record for biggest win as we beat La Equidad 9-2. We were always in control of the league as we topped it from start to finish.

Colombian Cup - Winners - I drew the 1st game with Deportivo Cali then won the rest. We scored 53 goals throughout the competition. In the final, we actually deserved to win by more but our strikers were not that prolific. This made it 3 cups on the run but with this competition, we normally gave out 2nd XI a run out as we had more then enough quality to deal with it as we were playing 3 games a week.

Copa Libertadores - Quarter Finals - We got through a tricky group by coming in 1st as we lost our only game to San Lorenzo. In the 2nd round we were drawn against Mexican side Tigres, we drew the 1st leg at home 1-1 while we put in an impressive performance away from home as we won the game 1-0. The quarter finals againsst River Plate just showed how much quality is coming through in Argentina as we were no match for them, we were really lucky not to get stuffed in the 2nd leg as it easily could have been 5 or 6 to them. On the plus side however, River did go on to win the tournament. Argentinian sides have won the last 5 torunaments.

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year.

Mauricio Gonzalez was our top goal scorer hitting 39 in 58 in what was a quiet season for him but I put that down for him wanting to move to a bigger club but I kept rejecting his request so his morale lowered. He won Top Scorer as he hit 27 in the league.

Alvaro Berrio topped the assist chart with 30. He is always consistent and his performances led to him being called up where he scored on his debut. Real Madrid did make a bid but I scared them off when I negotiated that I wanted £46 million for him. He won Fans Player of the Year.

Matias Vella completed a double as he won Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year.

A remarkable player has come through the youth ranks, his name is Phil Dobson, not only is he the best to come through they system...he also managed to get lost as he was born in Witney but he is dual nationality as he is English/Colombian.

Expectations

I feel this was my last season at A Deportivo Pasto, I don't feel any attatchment to the club and vice versa it seems. With what I have achieved, they won't upgrade the facilities at all. I've even made it onto the favoured personnel section and we have £35 million available so it isn't lack of funds.

Another reason is the limitations and lack of quality which is available to us. There is little quality available in Colombia and there is a 4 player foreign limit which while only 3 can play in the first XI and there isn't enough youth coming through to give them a bright future. The difference in quality is quite scary as we could have easily lost the 2nd leg against River by 5 or 6 while in the 1st leg we had 1 shot on target.

Where I end up....well even I don't know that yet

Old Club Watch

Hunan Xiangtao were promoted back to the National 1st Division.

Shanxi Chanba finished 2nd in the leageue and qf in the Chinese cup while they didn't make it out of the groups in the CL. Former Chanba hitman Leonardo Carrasco who moved to Schalke for £6 million was on the move again as he moved to Chelseas for £30 million.

Code:
    2017   A.D. Pasto    Colombia  1st Division      1st        Winners          Quarters      Domestic Double
    2018   A.D. Pasto    Colombia  1st Division      1st        Winners          Quarters      Domestic Double.

Third Team

After a hard think about it, I've decided to resign as manager of A Deportivo Pasto due to lack of ambition from the board. I was approached by New Zealand side Canterbury United Dragons in March which I decided to accept.

Canterbury United Dragons

Overview - They finished in 8th place which is bottom of the table, the side look like they can adapt to my 4-2-4 tactic I've been using so I should do better. They were predicted 5th so it shows it is a close league as there was only 6 points difference between 5th and 8th.

For the new season I will be looking at getting a top 4 place which will put us in the champions playoff. I chose this job as the O-league is one of the five remaining continental titles I need to win and is also probably the easiest remaining. (The others being African CL, NACL, Copa Lib and the European CL).
    Last edited by B.W.G; 10-02-2011 at 22:29.

Amateur

hey man, just out of interest, how is your hall of fame looking?

Youth Team

Good luck in NZ. You did a grand job in Columbia.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by RavingLibDem View Post
    hey man, just out of interest, how is your hall of fame looking?
    For nationality, I'm 2nd in the English hall of fame. For nations, I am 3rd in China and 3rd in Colombia while I am 2nd in the Asia hall of fame.

Good luck in NZ. You did a grand job in Columbia.
    Thanks AK22 At least you appreciate my hard work unlike the Pasto board

Semi Pro

Shock move there BWG. Bit of a step down and all that! Won't be long before you are dominating NZ and Oceania i'm sure. Good Luck!

Third Team

I know it is but I want to win all the continental title so I would have to come here eventually, this shouldn't take more then 3 seasons to wrap the O-League up. Also it will be slightly easier as my manager has world class rep so alot of players want to work with me.

All I have to worry about in New Zealand is Auckland City

Third Team

Canterbury United Dragons - 2019/20

Transfers - I ripped the entire team apart to get rid of any rubbish from the previous season and only kept those who I felt would contribute. Those who I bought in were there for the reason of challenging as I had a look at other teams and decided Auckland clearly had the best players.

Competitions

ASB Premiership - Winners -Table - Semi Final - Final - The transfers worked surprisingly well as I wasn't expecting them to gel that quickly. Our season started off with a bang as we destroyed the favourites Auckland City in the 1st game of the season as we won 6-0!! I put all the draws and losses down to the fact we suffered from inconsistency up fron as we were not prolofici enough otherwise we would have gone unbeaten. Our loss was 1-0 against Waikato which proves there is always a bogey team for me wherever I manage. The semi-final was a even game but for once we were clinical as we took 4 out of 7 chances to book a place in the final against the favourites....Auckland City. Not sure how we won the final but we managed it even if they did dominate the majority of the game but who cares as its us who won the league :P

Players/Awards

Billy Faulkner was our top scorer hitting 9 in 10. He missed some games due to callups for Australia u21's but I doubt I would have got him if it wasn't for my managers reputation as it was a agent who offered him to us.

Marc Warren topped the assist chart with 10 which is a new record at the club. He is also 1 of a few originals I allowed to stay at the club as he was best player at the club when I took over. He also won Fans Player of the Year.

Overview

Well after ripping the entire team apart and putting it back together again, I am relatively surprised that we won the title that easily. We set a new record for goals scored which is a massive improvement from when I took over.

The new season, with minor improvements such as backup and a new DR , we should win the O-League without much problem. If we lose to a team not from New Zealand then I will eat my shorts.

Needless to say that New Zealand will be the shortest stay in my career as I'm only here for the O-League.

Old Club Watch

Hunan Xiangtao finished a respectable 6th in the National First Division.

Shanxi Chanba finished 3rd again but its nice to see the money I saved up there has come into good use as they are regular title challengers each season.

A Deportivo Pasto won the 1st Phase in 2019 before they sold off all the talent for dirt cheap prices. In the 2nd phase they finished 6th but overall they finished 2nd when combining both phases together.

Code:
    2010    Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      3rd         N/A              N/A             N/A 
    2011    Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      2nd        1st Rnd           N/A           Promotion
    2012    Hunan Xiangtao  China   Super League      6th        2nd Rnd           N/A          Left 03/12/12
    2013    Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners           N/A          Won Treble
    2014    Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble
    2015    Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble.left 1/1/16
    2016    A.D. Pasto    Colombia  2nd Division      1st        Winners           N/A           Promotion.
    2017    A.D. Pasto    Colombia  1st Division      1st        Winners          Quarters      Domestic Double
    2018    A.D. Pasto    Colombia  1st Division      1st        Winners          Quarters      Domestic Double.
    2019/20 C.U. Dragons  N.Zealand ASB Premiership   1st         N/A              N/A          Playoff Winners!
    The next few posts will be a look at the top flight winners, international winners and players
    Last edited by B.W.G; 11-02-2011 at 23:09.

Third Team

Club Competition Winners

A quick look at who has won what in the last 10 years for top flight league and national cup.

Australia

Hyundai A League - 2 Wins - Gold Coast Utd, Sydney FC, Central Coast Mariners, Perth Glory 1 Win - Melbourne Heart, Adelaide UTD
    Hyundai Final Series - 2 Wins - Gold Coast Utd, Perth Glory, Central Coast Mariners, Brisbane Roar 1 Win - Melbourne Heart, Sydney FC

Brazil
    National First Division - 3 Wins - Palmeiras 2 Wins - Fluminense,Internacional,Corinthians 1 Win - Cruzeiro
    Brazilian Cup - 2 Wins - Santos,Avai 1 Win - Fortaleza,Vitoria,Fluminense,Goias,Interncional, Gremio

China
    Super League - 3 Wins - Chanba,Beijing 2 Wins - Shandong 1 Win - Tianjin,Shenhua
    Chinese Cup - 4 Wins - Chanba 2 Wins - Tianjin 1 Win - Henan,Beijin,Dongjin

Colombia (Combingi both 1st and 2nd phase titles)
    1st Division - 5 Wins - Pasto,Santa Fe, 2 Wins - Atletico Nacional,Deportivo Cali,Junior 1 Win - Millonarios, America de Cali,Cucuta
    Colombian Cup - 3 Wins - Pasto 2 Wins - Santa Fe, 1 Win - Medellin,Deportivo Cali,Real Cartagena,Quindio,America de Cali.

Egypt
    Premier League - 6 Wins - Al-Ahly 3 Wins - Zamalek 1 Win - ENPPI
    Egyptian Cup - 2 Wins - Zamalek,Arab Contractors 1 Win - Petrojet,Masry,Al-Ahly,Wadi Degla,Olympic Alexandria,Police Union

England
    Premier League - 3 Wins - Man City, Man Utd 2 wins - Arsenal 1 Win - Chelsea,Tottenham
    FA Cup - 2 Wins - Wigan,Chelsea,Man City 1 Win - Everton,Bolton,Sunderland,Man Utd

Mexico (Both Phase Titles)
    First Division - 6 Wins - Chivas 3 Wins - America (Mex), Cruz Azul,Tigres 2 Wins - Monterrey,Santos Laguna 1 Win - Atlas
    Champions Trophy - 3 Wins - Chivas 2 Wins - Tigres,America (Mex) 1 Win - Atlas

New Zealand
    ASB Premiership - 4 Wins - Auckland City 2 Wins - Canterbury Dragons,Waikato 1 Win - Team Wellington,Waitakere Utd

South Africa
    Premiership - 6 Wins - SuperSport Utd 2 Wins - Kaizer Chiefs 1 Win - Santos F.C,Bloem Celtic
    Knockout Cup - 2 Wins - Swallows,Sundowns,Jomo Cosmos 1 Win - SuperSport Utd,Bidvest Wits,Maritzburg Utd

U.S.A
    MLS - 3 Wins - New York 2 Wins - Chivas USA 1 Win - New England,Salt Lake,Los Angeles,Columbus,Seattle
    US Cup - 2 Wins - Chivas USA,Salt Lake 1 Win - New York,San Jose,Houston,Los Angeles,Seattle,Austin (WTF???)

Wales
    Welsh Prem - 9 Wins - Neath 1 Win - Llanelli (Neath did 9 in row before LLanelli won in 2019/20)
    Welsh Cup - 4 Wins - Neath 2 Wins - T.N.S,Llanelli 1 Win - Haverfordwest,Aberystwyth
    Last edited by B.W.G; 11-02-2011 at 00:13.

Third Team

Continental Winners (Club and International)

For this post, I will be looking at the international side and major club continetal competition Winners as well as the World Cup and the CWC.

Africa
    African Nations - 4 Wins - Senegal 1 Win - Ivory Coast
    African CL - 4 Wins - Etoile du Sahel, 2 Wins - Club Africian,Al-Ahly 1 Win- Zamalek,Es Tunis

Asia
    Asian Cup - 2 wins - Japan 1 Win - South Korea
    Asian CL - 2 Wins - Chanba,Shadong 1 Win - Seongnam,Al-Sadd,Jeonbuk,Albirex,Al-Ittihad (KSA),Qatar SC

Europe
    Euro Championship - 1 Win - Portugal,Spain
    Champions League - 4 Wins - Barcelona 2 Wins - Man City 1 Win - Arsenal,Valencia,Man Utd,Juventus

North America
    Gold Cup - 5 Wins - Mexico (Only 5 been played so far!!)
    NACL - 2 Wins - Chivas USA, America (Mex) 1 Win - Cruz Azul,Pachuca,Tigres,Monterrey,Chivas,Salt Lake

Ocenia
    Nations Cup - 4 Wins - New Zealnd 1 Win - Vanuatu (They beat NZ in the final )
    O League - 7 Wins - Auckland City 1 Win - Ba,YoungHeart,Team Wellington

South America
    Copa America - 1 Win - Paraguay,Peru,Argentina
    Copa Libertadores - 3 Wins - Boca 2 Wins - River,Newell's,Internaciobal 1 Win - Palmeiras

World
    World Cup - Turkey (2014), Holland(2018)
    CWC - 3 Wins - Barcelona 2 Wins - Man City 1 Win - Juventus,Man Utd,Boca,Arsenal,Inter Milan

Third Team

Players

This is just a quick look at the 5 Most Expensive Players and the 5 best players according to CA (based on GS)

Most Expensive

1. £34 Million - Franck Sylla

2. £28 Million - Khouma Babacar

3. £23 Million - Osvaldo Bravo

4. £22 Million - Thomas Dunne

5. £21.5 Million - Stanley Motaung

Top 5 Best Players (Based off CA off GS)

1. - Federico Cabrera

2. - Mark Connolly

3. - Juan Manuel Saucedo

4. - Jose Manuel Pinilla

5. - Leonardo Carrasco - I knew he had potential but this is beyong what I was expecting. I take claim for giving him his 1st real chance

If anyone wants any other screenshots then I will be more then willing to do so!!

Reserves

Erm, sounds like a step down to New Zealand, but good luck anyways. Win the O-League and get out of there.

Third Team

It is a step down. Don't worry that was my plan which should be finished this season

Semi Pro

Great first season with Canterbury, BWG. O League shouldn't be the lightest of problems, remember winning it with Waikato more than a few times on last year version. Good Luck!

Third Team

Thanks

I've been given a group of Auckland City,Kossa FC and Hekari United. It should be an easy group, whoever wins the group will probably face BA in the final as I don't see them losing their group.

Third Team

Canterbury United Dragons - 2020/21

No Transfers were made as I was happy enough with the squad I had at my disposal.

Competitions

ASB Premiership - Winners - League Table - Playoff Semi Final - Final - The perfect way to end my regin in New Zealand.....unbeaten. We could have won the league but all the draws came after games in the O-League but it shouldn't have had affected them like it did. We did however set a new points total as well as goals scored beating our own record in doing so. The semi-final was disgusting, I layed into the players at full time as we should have had that wrapped up in 90 minutes, not just scraping it 2-1 on penalties. The final was a much better performance and we deserved the win against the top team of New Zealand which clinched a 2nd title for us.

O-League - Winners - Group Stages - Final Leg1 - Final Leg 2 - It really was a walk in the park and most definetely the easiest to win. Auckland didn't even take it seriously as they put out a weakened side so they deserved to go out. I predicted I would face BA and I was right although I was expecting more of a challenge when I faced them in the 1st leg as they had home advantage. With this win it meant 2 down 4 to go.

Players/Awards

Billy Faulkner was top scorer again as he hit 12 in 22.

Marc Warren topped the assist chart with 11 and once again won Fans Player of the Year.

These 2 players were the most consistent which is why they topped their respective charts twice each.

Overview

I did what I said and won the O-League so I quit.

On the plus side....2 down 4 to go in terms of continental competitions.

On the down side because I was playing in a league which was rated 0.5*, I only seem to be getting offered jobs from the 0.5* leagues, anything above is rejecting me. I guess this is my own fault for not starting with New Zealand so I will be working my way back up!!!

Next stop England or Wales.

Old Club Watch

Hunan Xiangtao finished 2nd in the National First Division so were promoted to the Chinese Super League.

Shanxi Chanba finished in 2nd and made it to the semis of the Asian CL

A Deportivo Pasto were relegated as they finished bottom overall.....Bloody AI!!!

Code:
    2020/21 C.U. Dragons  N.Zealand ASB Premiership   1st         N/A             Winners       Double.

Third Team

As I thought, the only jobs I could get possibly get were in the BSN, BSS or the Welsh Prem, here I am sitting as the new manager of Bury Town!!!

Bury Town- Blue Square North -2021/22

I have taken over Bury Town who were in this position:

They are predicted for 22nd Place so they are doing what they predicted which isn't a good thing in this case. This maybe a hard long slog this season but I am more then capable of flying away from this position. I have a good squad for avoiding relegation, a few better signings and I will easily be mid table or pushing for playoffs depending if I can sustain a successful run.

Let the goal of re-building my reputation begin!!!
    Last edited by B.W.G; 13-02-2011 at 17:24.

Amateur

Good luck with getting Bury Town up, I have a feeling Flamers will be happy

Semi Pro

Another great season but another step down, 1 step back for 2 steps forwards maybe? Good Luck

Reserves

So if theoretically you move from Real Madrid to Auckland City you can't get jobs in leagues with more than 0.5 stars in the future? If so, SI really should fix that...good luck with Bury Town anyways.

Youth Team

Good luck with Bury Town. The only way is up...literally!

Third Team

Tony Hawker - Flamers will be really happy as the 1st 3 games I've played with them, I've won 2 and drew the other.

ToMexico!! - I wouldn't really call it a step back....it's more of a side step as the BSN is the same rep as the ASB Prem

Rancer - I agree with SI needing to look at it. I was getting turned down for jobs in the Colombian 2nd division, Brazilian 3rd division and even League 2 even though I currently have World Class rep!!. Thanks

AK22 - The only way up indeed so either way I can't do any worse
    Last edited by B.W.G; 12-02-2011 at 22:02.

Third Team

Bury Town- Blue Square North -2021/22

Transfers - The only transfers I am responsible for are the ones from 14/8/21 which were all key signing and played a vital part in Bury Towns progress up the league as they were all 1st teamers. There was only 1 position which I didn't manage to strengthen and that was the AMR which is something I hope to do for next season.

Competitions

League - Table - Wow that was close call. To be fair we were at a disadvantage when I took over as 2 games had been played and both had been lost. Most of our losses were silly ones whether it was controversial or just down right stupid defending. I think there was only 2 games where we were outplayed and lost. The league was near enough wrapped up when we beat Marine 5-1 in the 41st game of the season and clinched the title with a 2-2 draw against Harrogate. It was quite a exciting season where we were top by December and only ever dropped to 2nd after that. Next season will be the 1st time that Bury town will play in the Blue Square Bet Premier.

FA Cup - 4th Qualifying - We lost to the better team, we played and played but had no luck. I did want a good cup run as this makes most money so I am quite disappointed but their is always next season when I have a stronger team.

FA Trophy - 3rd Qualifying - Was disappointed with this performance as the players would not snap out of their complacency. I felt we could have won this but didn't so it was another early exit from a cup for us.

Players/Awards

Jack Lamb was our top scorer hitting 17 in 37. He also won Fans Player of the Year.

Tom Berry topped the assist chart with 12.

Overview

That was too close for my liking but we managed it so we will be playing at Bury Towns highest ever level. It was close run but everyone was dropping points around us as well. The game which probably decided it was the 5-1 victory against Marine in matchday 41 as we managed to secure a draw which sent us straight up.

For the new season, it is about avoiding relegation and I have managed to sign 2 Mexican u21 internationals who are dual Mexican/English and quite a few English u19s who should be able to make an immediate impact. I also want a good F.A Cup run to help with finances as I only had an average attendance of 527 with help of fan days.

Also we will be facing the other Bury this season in the Blue Square Bet Premier.

Old Club Watch

Hunan Xinagtao finished 16th in the Chinese Super League while Shanxi Chanba finished 2nd. The two teams met in the Chinese Cup 2nd round where Chanba won 2-1, Chanba went on to win the Chinese Cup bit were knocked out in the QF in the Asian CL.

A Deportivo Pasto finished 4th in the 2nd division but failed to make it out of the group stages.

Canterbury Utd Dragons finished 3rd in the league but lost in the semis where as 4th place Auckland won the playoff. Canterbury failed to make it out of the group stage in the O-League.

Code:
    2021/22 Bury Town      England  Bl. Sq. North     1st        4th Q.Rnd         N/A          Automatic Promotion!

Youth Team

Great job with the promotion. Aren't you getting bored finishing top every year?! 9 championship in a row. A great achievement!

Third Team

Thanks...I can never get bored of winning....although I don't think it will happen again this season, we're leaking too many goals at the moment.

Amateur

I've never really taken on a challenge such as this or really been in this area of the forums before but I must say, your exploits have been immense so far and i've really enjoyed reading this at work lol. Good stuff!

Closed Thread