Greatest Affiliate Deals

I'm currently enjoying a wonderful game with Hyde United.

Why wonderful? Because I managed to sign a parent club deal with Manchester United at the start of my first season, so thought I would share the results.

Man Utd Affiliate Deal

Hyde Utd Squad With 13 Loanees

Frazier Campbell - My Favorite Loanee

Blue Square North Table

Has anyone else come across any amazing situations like this? I know the folks in the LLM threads will frown on what I've managed to do here, but that's why this post is here icon_razz.gif

For the record though, I'm playing 8.0.1 and have not cheated or edited anything, selecting the default 8.0.1 database. I do have alot of leagues ticked playable (fast PC), with lots of "extra" countries selected to load players from. I also started the game with high reputation, which will no doubt have helped with this outcome.

Post any amazing loan deals or affiliate contracts you've managed to secure.

I'm currently enjoying a wonderful game with Hyde United.

Why wonderful? Because I managed to sign a parent club deal with Manchester United at the start of my first season, so thought I would share the results.

Man Utd Affiliate Deal

Hyde Utd Squad With 13 Loanees

Frazier Campbell - My Favorite Loanee

Blue Square North Table

Has anyone else come across any amazing situations like this? I know the folks in the LLM threads will frown on what I've managed to do here, but that's why this post is here icon_razz.gif

For the record though, I'm playing 8.0.1 and have not cheated or edited anything, selecting the default 8.0.1 database. I do have alot of leagues ticked playable (fast PC), with lots of "extra" countries selected to load players from. I also started the game with high reputation, which will no doubt have helped with this outcome.

Post any amazing loan deals or affiliate contracts you've managed to secure.

Heh icon14.gif

I'm in the BSN and I think it will be 5 maximum in the BSP. I know it's only 4 in the league.

My aim is that hopefully I'll get some of these pesky Man Utd kids back in the Blue Square Prem, whilst also signing some of the many players released after season 1 by Premiership, Championship & decent foreign clubs. Something I've always looked forward to on previous FM games. icon_wink.gif

Still, even with 5 max in the BSP and 4 max in the League, having players of such a calibre lower down, it bodes well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What about your other players? There's not one in the starting eleven, poor guys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about them heh icon_biggrin.gif

They do get games occasionally to be fair, although I'm happy to keep using the Man Utd youngsters while I have them. *When* my team is promoted, will only be allowed a maximum of 5 loan players, so my team will be somewhat different next year heh!

I normally then keep my eyes peeled for released players from Premier & Championship clubs to make up the rest.

Basically in my game, rather than try to sign the best players I can from the offset, I loan in as many as possible, without having to pay wages. Saves alot of money in the long run.

I also don't suffer *stars* who create a ruckus because a crap team a couple of divisions higher wants to buy them and I don't want to sell.

I never get attached to players in an LLM game, because chances are, they're not going to be loyal to me! In countless LLM games in this and other versions of FM, I don't actually remember having any players in my team after 5 or 6 seasons that actually were with me in season 1. Get the best out of them and sell them on when the time is right.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">wow, look at campbells stats. awesome </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's been awesome for me with Hyde. He'll even do well with bigger clubs if given the chance. He destroys defences in the lower leagues because he has decent stats in all the right places, especially pace, accelleration, finishing and technique.

Just go to their reserve squad find everyone on fulltime contracts, then cut the list further by removing everyone with more than 5 games in the first team last season or this season. Then from this list ask every single player on loan, about half of them sometimes more will come. If you are only in BSN/S then it is unlimited, if in BSP it is 5 season long loans, In the leagues it is 4, but if you do it right you can be home and hosed early on and after a season on loan with you a lot of them will sign if you can afford their wages. Well they will sign for you if you have a good season, get relegated and they will laugh in your face.

I done this while managing a lower league team in Belgium. But I only got like 5 or 6 players on loan from my parent club Standard but they were all my best players except I would loan in 1 who would be my 2nd choice goalkeeper as I had a good young GK.

Saw your post in another thread about this too - quality! I've done the same with Boro to a lesser extent!

Would you mind posting the tactic you're using? I'm doing ok with Blyth (should hopefully win the league) but I'm not doing quite THAT well!

I'm also enjoying a BSN game. Won the title with Kettering(no super parent club for me, no point according to my board). Defeated a couple of BSP teams in the cups too, so I'm hoping I won't have to make too many changes to step up.

My finances are terrible though, 200k in the red.

I'm 1.2k a week under my wage budget, didn't spend my whole budget, moved some players on and had the highest average attendance(around 1300),but I still lost money every month.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I don't want my career game to end early due to a financial situation that appears to be outwith my control(though the board want me to solve THEIR financial problems). I think I've done all I can .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Law_Man:

Saw your post in another thread about this too - quality! I've done the same with Boro to a lesser extent!

Would you mind posting the tactic you're using? I'm doing ok with Blyth (should hopefully win the league) but I'm not doing quite THAT well! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm using the Fiora2 tactic that can be found - HERE

As with any tactic, tweek a little to suit the players - for example - anyone set on long shots that's below 15, I drop from "often" to "mixed".

neil220779 - I have a great trick to avoid financal problems. I arrange home friendlies for my youth team against the following teams, EVERY AVAILABLE DAY!!

Athletico Madrid C

Barcelona B

Real Madrid C

My youth team ends up playing about 15-20 home friendlies a month against these three teams. Takes a while to set them all up, but well worth it. Getting 16k a game gate receipts, full house, from this. If ever, though rarely for me, one of them rejects the friendly proposal, insert another. I think I've had my youth team playing Athletico C five days running once!

Net result - no more financial worries.

Playing as Castel di Sangro in Serie C2/B, igot Inter Milan as a Parent club, They sent me three players who i decided to call my three angels...

One thing did strike me as strange, when i got into Serie A, i assumed that i would lose Inter as my parent club, but i did not..

I've done that on my Hinckley game.

Got Villa as my parent club, and loaned in four players. We walked the league. I'm in the BSP premier now and loaned in another three, and we've started really well. Best part is I'm not paying these guys a penny in wages, Villa are doing it for me!

I think alot of people miss out on the virtues of loaning players. They look for the potential gems that will stay with them throughout the game.

This is also nice to do, but in practice, very frustrating when they no longer wish to stay, before moving to a club you eventually overtake. icon_rolleyes.gif

I prefer to plan short term in the lower leagues and get players who can do the job at each level. The key benefit of loanees being they don't cost anything, especially with affiliate clubs who pay their wages still.

I like to think that Man Utd in my game are actually "sponsoring" my Hyde United team's rise to glory hehe!! icon_biggrin.gif

I did the same as you having Crystal Palace as a parent club and got loads of players on loan.

Like you I thought i'd be able to get most of them back but they played that well most of them transferred or got loaned out to league 1 clubs.

I managed to get 3 players back but I still only had a squad of 6 players!

As you can imagine I didn't manage to get a big enough squad and sat rock bottom of the league before resigning.

Be careful!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">neil220779 - I have a great trick to avoid financal problems. I arrange home friendlies for my youth team against the following teams, EVERY AVAILABLE DAY!!

Athletico Madrid C

Barcelona B

Real Madrid C

My youth team ends up playing about 15-20 home friendlies a month against these three teams. Takes a while to set them all up, but well worth it. Getting 16k a game gate receipts, full house, from this. If ever, though rarely for me, one of them rejects the friendly proposal, insert another. I think I've had my youth team playing Athletico C five days running once!

Net result - no more financial worries. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And there's a great example of the realism that FM is famed for!! icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> And there's a great example of the realism that FM is famed for!! Razz </div></BLOCKQUOTE> - LOL route1 icon_biggrin.gif

I know, as Harry Hill used to say "What are the chances of that happening!!" icon14.gif

But if it's do-able - why not eh!?!

Just thought I'd post an image of my 3rd Round FA cup result with my loanees.

Plymouth V Hyde - 3rd Round FA Cup Upset!!

And for canvey!! who posted earlier on this thread - some of my non-loanees even featured in this one icon_eek.gif I must be losing my touch or getting soft icon_wink.gif

In the above game, I think the tactical tweeks made a big difference.

I don't often bother too much with the opposition instructions, unless there's some players who seriously look a threat IMO.

In this game I put tight marking on all the midfielders and strikers, with hard tackling - as the pre-match report had shown the referee to be lenient with low yellows and no red cards shown.

Time for a bit of lower league muscle eh! icon14.gif

Going down 1-0 in under a minute did'nt bode well, but I resisted temptation to tinker and my boys stormed into the half-time interval at 1-4 icon_biggrin.gif

Second half was a case of "keep it up" and although Plymouth threatened to get back into the game, with 20 minutes to go, I moved the time-wasting slider to maximum icon14.gif

Can't wait for the 4th round draw now... come on... I want Man Utd, just to see if their reserves, playing for me, can cause an upset icon_wink.gif

Yeah Law_Man and TBH I don't see what all the fuss is about particularly. There are one or two problems, granted, but the game is playable and I'm sure the little quirks will be ironed out in the next patch.

As for other bugs & issues, it's funny really, because the save I was going to play was as Granada CF in the Spanish Liga BBVA Segunda B4 icon_biggrin.gif

Unfortunately the Spanish player registration is screwed up at the minute which makes it difficult to play with this bug.

Anyway, glad that this Hyde United save is going well icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

Tottenham away.... icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh well... I got beat 4-1 by Tottenham, but the fans were surprisingly upbeat about it and the match confidence was high dispite the result. The post match report said that Tottenham "shaded" it.

They had far more chances to score, but posession was fairly even. Also of note was that percentages for tackles, passes, were fairly even too. They were alot stronger on headers though at about 85% to 23%.

Lennon was a nightmare to mark and Keane was the biggest thorn in my teams side throughout.

At's at this point in true LLM fashion that I will add the following clichés...

"The cup run was a nice bonus..."

"We're concentrating on the league really..."

"We've made a packet from this game..."

"The result does'nt show the performance..."

"If I had millions to spend, I'd expect to beat Hyde..."

"The lads enjoyed a good day out at White Hart Lane, but the big game for me is against Tamworth next week..." icon_wink.gif

There's always next year eh!! Still top of the BSN, in the FA Trophy and the Setanta Shield - so there's still a TREBLE to go for. icon14.gif

As much as it must be nice to have such a deal in place with all those players i'm not sure i'd enjoy it that much. Romping the league like that for me would get boring come november. I prefer to build a squad on a shoe string with some loanees and do become attached to players at this level and for some reason i never feel let down by any of my squad.

I'm currently Witton Albion in the BSN and have crewe as a parent club and in my first season had 5 of their players on loan with two getting 17 goals each that season. I tried to get them back for the 2nd season but crewe said no and thus i currently don't have a single loanee in my squad at the moment and i've taken great pleasure in replacing the 5/6 loanees with free transfers i've found and shant have to worry about bringing in more replacements come next summer.

If i do go up then i'll feel more pleasure having done it with a a squad that i've assembled and with a squad that's had to work for their success and not strolled it like Frazier Campbell (not having a dig).

I guess that's just me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buzzing_hornet:

As much as it must be nice to have such a deal in place with all those players i'm not sure i'd enjoy it that much. Romping the league like that for me would get boring come november. I prefer to build a squad on a shoe string with some loanees and do become attached to players at this level and for some reason i never feel let down by any of my squad.

I'm currently Witton Albion in the BSN and have crewe as a parent club and in my first season had 5 of their players on loan with two getting 17 goals each that season. I tried to get them back for the 2nd season but crewe said no and thus i currently don't have a single loanee in my squad at the moment and i've taken great pleasure in replacing the 5/6 loanees with free transfers i've found and shant have to worry about bringing in more replacements come next summer.

If i do go up then i'll feel more pleasure having done it with a a squad that i've assembled and with a squad that's had to work for their success and not strolled it like Frazier Campbell (not having a dig).

I guess that's just me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair play and what I normally do. It's just the way this save has progressed for me. I'll be building my more permanent squad next season. icon_wink.gif

If it's any consolation, I won't be able to loan as many players next season - maximum of 5 loanees in the BSP. icon14.gif

Out of interest, Runcorn Linnets play at Witton Albion IRL. They are the fan formed club from the ashes of Runcorn F.C. / Runcorn F.C. Halton, who you may remember from previous releases.

Wonder if the game recognises any financial gain, although probably very small, from the ground sharing deal.

Anyway, nice to see someone playing as one of the Cheshire clubs. I remember following Runcorn back in the days when the Cheshire clubs were a power at this level. One season, you had Runcorn, Altrincham, Macclesfield, Northwich, Witton, all in the Conference. They were great days icon_biggrin.gif

I'm using Hyde, got City though. But won the season easily with all their brilliant youth players. Sturridge had almost 50 goals and Grimes 30. I also loaned Joe Hart, S. Logan, M. Laird and lots of other wonderful youngsters.

Now that we're promoted, 4 is the limit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buzzing_hornet:

I guess that's just me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair play and what I normally do. It's just the way this save has progressed for me. I'll be building my more permanent squad next season. icon_wink.gif

If it's any consolation, I won't be able to loan as many players next season - maximum of 5 loanees in the BSP. icon14.gif

Out of interest, Runcorn Linnets play at Witton Albion IRL. They are the fan formed club from the ashes of Runcorn F.C. / Runcorn F.C. Halton, who you may remember from previous releases.

Wonder if the game recognises any financial gain, although probably very small, from the ground sharing deal.

Anyway, nice to see someone playing as one of the Cheshire clubs. I remember following Runcorn back in the days when the Cheshire clubs were a power at this level. One season, you had Runcorn, Altrincham, Macclesfield, Northwich, Witton, all in the Conference. They were great days icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't aware of the groundshare and i haven't noticed any significant financial gain. I doubt that any additional money gained from the share would be very minimal indeed and may well just be Runcorn Linnets contributing to ground maintenance.

Thanks for the heads up on the club merger, i've no real life affiliation with Witton and am a from down south. I'm only managing them as Wycombe sacked me after 2 seasons and Witton had just been promoted to the BSN.

I now have my sights firmly set on BSP football and the long awaited derby with Northwich.

Playing as Admira Wacker (Austrian First Division) on FM07 I had a great affiliate deal with Lyon. They paid me £2million a year (alot of money for Admira) and loaned me 3 or 4 top youngsters every year. The players helped me gain promotion and the money allowed me to build a squad that could challenge for european places in the Premier Division.

And the best part is, I didn't do anything for it, the board made the link on their own.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NorwegianOiler:

The greatest affiliate deal would be years down the line, when Hyde Utd have Man U as a feeder... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That will be after Man Utd have slipped into administration, going by their finances in the game icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ruttsie:

Playing as Admira Wacker (Austrian First Division) on FM07 I had a great affiliate deal with Lyon. They paid me £2million a year (alot of money for Admira) and loaned me 3 or 4 top youngsters every year. The players helped me gain promotion and the money allowed me to build a squad that could challenge for european places in the Premier Division.

And the best part is, I didn't do anything for it, the board made the link on their own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a great affiliate to have as an Austrian club. I imagine you'll soon be dominating the domestic competitions there very soon icon14.gif

Once I confirmed the affiliate deal in my game, I was immediately offered two players.

I just took things a little further icon_wink.gif

I think at its peak, I had 15 players on loan from Man Utd. Obvious players that would'nt come were Jonny Evans (of rape accusation fame icon_eek.gif ), Dong Fanzhou, Chris Eagles.

Any player at a parent club who is likely to feature for the first team, no matter how rarely, is unlikely to join you on loan.

Well, have finished the first season and will post some screenshots tomorrow of the outcomes if I get chance. As a snipped though, in my save, Manchester United only came 4th in the Premiership, behind Liverpool (3rd), Arsenal (2nd) and champions chelsea.

There's a thread here somewhere for people to post their "records". Think I've got a few to add. I think Frazier Campbell finished on 108 goals in all competitions icon_cool.gif

I don't know if the information I'll be posting, and have done thus far, may lead to some tweeks regarding loan players by SI, as in all honesty, it does show a loophole in the "reality" side of things via the "parent club" facility.

That said, it's been a highly entertaining season. The hard choice for me now though, is do I stay and now try to "build" a team, with the 5 maximum loanees I can have in the BSP - or do I "listen" to some of the bigger clubs sniffing around. My name is coming up in alot of media reports about managers coming up to the ends of their contracts icon_rolleyes.gif

I may even split the saves if I get a tempting offer that's too good to refuse, so that I can keep the Hyde United "Alternate Universe" in flow icon14.gif - but have another save with a potential new club. (Sevilla are more than sniffing I might add icon_wink.gif )

OK, here's the end of season stuff for my Hyde United team as promised...

Season 1 - Achievements

Season 1 - BSN Table

Season 1 - Player Stats

Season 1 - The Awesome Frazier Campbell!!

Am now embarking on my lengthy search for replacement players icon_wink.gif

Am keeping fingers, toes, arms & legs crossed that I can get Frazier Campbell back on loan for another season icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joe seddon:

Heath. Have you been offered any jobs as a manager of a different club yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kaiserslautern made me an offer which I turned down. They're German Second Division. They're the only official approach yet. The others thus far are media speculation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El Escocés:

Has anybody else tried replicating this with a Greater Manchester area club (Hyde, Leigh RMI) and seeing if they can get City or United as a feeder club? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One thing to bear in mind with this save - I started with high reputation as "International Footballer". This will doubtless have some influence in getting parent clubs like United or City when playing as a lower league Greater Manchester team.

Although I've not tried, I would expect with lower reputation, you're more likely to get clubs like Bury, Rochdale, Oldham, etc...

nope not at all, upon seeing your thread, i started a game as hyde with a friend being millwall, i was a ex sunday league play as rep, i got offered huddersfield, bury and

UNITED

i to accepted their kind offer and ive 9 players on loan couldent get campbell though (gutted) but players ive got should run away with the league eventually hewson and heaton in particular has impressed

icon14.gif for englightening me to this, ive also a one player in conference south with thurrodck and have west ham as a feeder.

my friend as millwall also has arsenal

No probs - nice to hear this works regardless of your starting reputation.

May be a little unrealistic at times getting all those players on loan, but really does help trying to get a lower league club up the ladder - without struggling "LLM Forum" style!! icon_wink.gif

I'm currently a little upset at the moment... icon_rolleyes.gif

At the end of the season, Manchester United decided not to offer Alex Ferguson a new contract. Then they offered me the job icon_biggrin.gif

Why am I upset? Well, I wanted to split the saves and keep my Hyde United team a seperate save and save the "new" United game...

...but I accidentally pressed "save" instead of "save as". icon_mad.gif

Looks like I'll have to start a new LLM game heh!

i decide to check this out for myself. used hyde too - got lots of players on loan including fraizer campbell and won the league by a mile (3 draws, 1 loss) and he scored 95 in total with 64 in the league. i reckon had i got past the 1st round of the fa cup he would have been on for the 105+ mark.

brilliant exploitation of lower league rules i must add

Archived