'Club under-achieving' - Flaw in player interaction/AI system

Having started the season as one of the title favourites, we lose our opening three games, all by a single goal, largely due to an injury/match fitness crisis.

We then go on to win the next 5 league games, scoring 17 goals and conceding 0, leaving us in 7th but within toucing distance of the leaders in a tight table. We have a far superior goal difference to anybody at this stage.

Then the inevitable string of key first team players declaring they're 'unhappy that the club is underachieving'.

Clearly the game is coded for the players to become unhappy after a certain number of games based on the league position and reputation of the club as opposed to form / fitness problems and how only 3 points seperated 1st and 7th.

This for me is a serious flaw in the game. Player morale drops considerably and becomes far too contagious far too quickly. A run like that with the football being played should have the team buzzing with confidence sky high. But no, quite the complete opposite.

Serious problem with the coding IMO.

This happened me too. And the players got in a strop. Even when I said I would turn things around. They didn't belive me.

3 games later we were 10 pts clear. And the players were still unhappy.

They need some math classes.

meh it does happen in this game, has been an annoying thing for a few versions now, just win a few more and it will quickly go away.

Not so easy when morale is this low, league is a great standard. Anyone in the top 10 is good enough to win the league.

Should be addressed by SI

I got appointed at Sheffield Wednsday at half season, they were 14th in League 1, and they were favourites for promotion.

I took them from 14th to 7th in the league, missed the playoff spot by goal difference, did quite good, but still many of my players kept complaining that the team wasn't playing good and lost confidence in me.

They don't give a damn about me doing a great second half of the season and bringing them up to 7th place, they don't see that, they just see that they finished 7th. And that ****es me off! Like it was my fault that they were doing crap, but I wasn't even managing the team, they should take into account on the team's performances after my appointment and not over the whole season.

Archived