Talking to your staff?

Quick idea:

I've been playing FM for nigh on ten years now and this has only just occurred to me.

What manager in real life doesn't consult with his staff? I know that since FM10 you have coaching meetings, along with the assistant's feedback which are excellent, but it would be nice to have a private chat with your staff in the same manner you interact with your players.

Chatting with your scouts is a prime example. I recently hired a scout who has excellent knowledge of Nigeria. What would a manager IRL do as soon as he's hired? Ask if he knows any Nigerian-based players worth signing.

But you can't do this.

I love the private chats you have with players as it adds to the tools you have as a manager as well as the immersive nature of the game, but I think it's a bit daft that you can't do the same with your underlings ;)

Thoughts?

I was just going to post about it, you read my thoughts. I would sooo much like to see this feature. A manager should be able to talk to his staff like IRL, and it is just as important as chatting with players. Otherwise, what for he needs all that staff?? Would be nice to see their reaction on different things too, just like PR.

Also, he should be able to choose whom to ask for the second opinion during the staff meetings. And the first opinion too, for that matter! I am tired of goalkeeping coaches telling me how to train my strikers and club physios giving me advices on tactics, that's ridiculous. What for I am hiring world class coaches with 100% tactical and training knowledge than, if they are mute dummies in the game and I cannot even talk to them and ask their opinion? Doesn't mean they have to be always right, but at least I will have an option to ask for the second opinion whom I want, and not whom the game wants.

Archived