How many leagues do YOU run??

Hey guys/gals, just curious what peoples set up are. Currently im playing with top div's only in Australia, Belgium, France, Holland, Portugal, and Wales, Top TWO leagues in Germany, Italy, Scotland, and Spain, and all Leagues from England. With my database on larger and all players national rep from every continent. The game trys to tell me gamespeed is 1 star which i find hard to believe as i have a E8500 3.16ghz dual core proc and 8Gb Ram. So has lead me to see what others are running.

Thanks Guys/gals

well i dont know alot about pc's, here is what someone on here told me was important about my specs for this game

Pentium I8, 3.4ghz, 6GB Ram, 2GB dedicated graphics 3TB HDD. In my original journeyman save i had about 60 leagues running and was quicker than my laptop ran 15!

I've got France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Scotland (all Top Division only), and England (League 2) as playable. Argentina and Brazil are view only leagues both Top Division only. Medium Database. This is how I always start.

I wanted to add Holland, Portugal, Turkey and Greece as playable too with Bulgaria, Poland and Belgium as view only, but I didn't think my computer can handle it. I only got one star and I'm not sure if youngsters develop well in view only leagues. After reading this thread, I know I should probably ignore the star rating, but I'm hoping someone on here is willing to clarify if youngster can develop well in view only leagues.

AMD 64 X2 2.4 GHz and 4 GB DDR2 Ram. Desperately in need of an upgrade, but I can't afford luxuries.

I've got 72 Leagues running with the Australia(Expanded), Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Colombia, Czech Rep, England, France, Holland, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Scotland, Serbia, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, USA, Ukraine, Uruguay & Wales(Expanded). I figured I better have a big world as I like to vary the teams I manage.

Its still surprisingly quick too!

I usually run no more than 10 leagues - 2 English, 2 German, 2 French, 2 Italian, 1 Dutch, 1 Portuguese.

Got an i5 overclocked to 3.5 GHz, 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Ram, Radeon HD 5970, 100GB SSD, 1TB HDD.

I know I could run more, but I tend to transfer my saves to my laptop (Core2Duo 2.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 9500) and play on the go

I probably have too much running, but I'm used to te game being quite slow in processing everything. I'm in no hurry, just want a good journeyman career. My netbook seems to handle everything pretty well, all be it a bit slow.

I have England running down to 8th tier, Holland, Germany and Scotland to 4th level, Belgium, France, Spain, Italy, Denmark, Sweden, Norway to 3rd and Portugal, Austria, Switserland and Finland to 2nd level. That's a lot of leagues (especially the english and dutch regional leagues make my save 'heavy').

I have England down to the BS Premier, Scotland (All), Ireland, NI and Wales (All), Spain (Top 2), Brazil, Argentina, Mexico (all except lowest Brazilian) and Australia... On a large database there is a nice selection of available talent from around the globe.

On my old pc (Athlon X2 4400+, 2gb ram) I usually ran England (League One), Italy (Serie B), Norway (full) and Spain (Primera) on large-custom DB... Not a great selection of leagues but to be honest I didn't care much about journeyman saves in the past so all I needed were the countries I'm most familiar with.

Occasionally I tried to mix it up a bit, adding other nations, but anyway no more than a total of 10-15 active divisions.

My new pc (X4 640, 4gb ram) allows me to run more leagues, so I now have the same as above plus top/2nd division of Argentina, Brasil, France, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Scotland and Japan.

I could probably push it further but unless the 11.3 patch REALLY fixes the reputation/job issue, I see no valid reason for loading 50 divisions while I can't land a job in 46 of them without having won 10 Champions Leagues or without tampering with FMRTE.

Pretty much all of Europe when I can handle it, however now I have the opportunity to try that setup out with my upgraded laptop it's slightly slower than expected though still pretty much fine. As I couldn't when starting my year-long save I go for as many European top divisions as possible, which is often a lot of them. Generally my ideal setup at the moment would be taking out a few of the smallest nations but run all leagues for the other European ones.

My current FM10 save:

Holland (3), Belgium (4), Luxembourg (2), Germany (5), France (5), Spain (4), Portugal (3), Andorra (2), Switzerland (3), Austria (3), Italy (5), San Marino, Slovenia (2), Croatia (3), Serbia (3), Bosnia (2), Montenegro (2), Macedonia (2), Albania (2), Greece (3), Turkey (3), Syria, Lebanon, Israel (2), Jordan, Egypt (2), Libya, Tunisia (2), Malta (2), Algeria (2), Morocco (2), Mauritania & Mali.

Amount of tiers in brackets.

The gathering of info took some time so I'm skipping FM11 and will be back for FM12.

I have English Premier Division loaded, large DB, loaded all players of Bosnian, English, Brazilian, Dutch and Portugese nationality (sp?). Star system is flawed, as it says for me only half star and the game is flying.

On the career game, 53 leagues from 29 countries.

(Egypt*, Ivory Coast*, Nigeria*, South Africa)

(Australia, Japan*, South Korea, China*)

(Norway, Denmark, Sweden)

(Spain, Holland, Germany, England, Portugal, Greece, Russia, Italy, France, Turkey, Ukraine, Scotland, Belgium)

(USA, Mexico, Canada*)

(Brazil, Argentina)

* Editor-made competitions

Wow. I cant believe how many leagues some of you run. What is the benefit ofrunning so many leagues?. If its only to be able to manage clubs in that league then I would never have some of the leagues some of you have checked int my save (horses for courses though). I always manage Spurs and like to get to legendary status with them. I even had the new grund named after me on my last FM 2010 save, even while I still managed them. I run one league (EPL) and thats it!. On my new save I might run. England, Spain & Italy, just the top divisions.

My Computer seems to handle 14 leagues reasonably well when I do a challenging start unemployed game. The countries I have set, all playable and all divisions are:

England

Scotland

Wales

N. Ireland

Rep. of Ireland

Italy

Germany

Spain

France

Portugal

Russia

Netherlands

Argentina

Brazil

Wow. I cant believe how many leagues some of you run. What is the benefit ofrunning so many leagues?. If its only to be able to manage clubs in that league then I would never have some of the leagues some of you have checked int my save (horses for courses though).

There's that, but also for good newgens from as many countries as possible, competitive continental competitions, and competitive international competitions. It makes long-term games a whole lot more interesting.

There's that, but also for good newgens from as many countries as possible, competitive continental competitions, and competitive international competitions. It makes long-term games a whole lot more interesting.

I have a pentium core 2 duo (2.2 ghz) and 3 gig ram. What do you think my PC could handle easily. I dont really want obscure leagues like Nigeria & Ivory Coast etc. Also, what is the benefit of view only leagues?, what is the difference?.

im runnin with 61 playable leagues (around 130000 players). ive never understood why people set some leagues as 'view only'. if you actually go into the view only leagues you have selected you will notice that from each club all players, bar 2 or 3 will be greyed out and unbuyable. pointless imo.

as for my game speed, if i dont have a midweek game, processing take around 5 mins from sat to sat which aint to bad imo. i just go on holiday until the next match and alt tab out to surf the web for a few mins.

Why use alt + tab if you can run it as windowed? :)

I do, and because I've got a reasonably big screen (24 inch) I tend to watch videos or surf in the background (FM takes up a half of the screen, and Chrome or Media Player the second one).

I've got i think 45 approx. leagues, large database with about 70,000 players. Not every league is playable, but most are.

This is with a 2ghz quad core processor and 3gb ram. In season 4 and although there is a slightly noticeable slowdown when proccessing fixtures(but not always), it seems to run pretty damn well.

I will be upgrading my ram soon though.

Archived