Vedran Corluka?????????????

Im playin as Roma and Im trying to transfer for him but it was cancelled bc I cant sign more than 1 non-EU player. He's plays for the Croatian national team and is also Bosnian. I'm pretty sure both those countries are part of the Euro. Union. Am I mistaken????????????????

I think there were recent changes to the EU but I guess I assumed that if teams were allowed to qualify for the Euro Championship then they would be part of the union.

Definately not recent changes. To my knowledge the only former yugoslavic nation to enter the EU us slovenia.

I think there were recent changes to the EU but I guess I assumed that if teams were allowed to qualify for the Euro Championship then they would be part of the union.

Israel can qualify for Euro Championship, they are deffo not in Europe

There is a similar and wider-reaching in-game agreement which some nations count as EU for foreign player rule purposes. For example Serbians not using up non-eu slots in spain, as I experienced recently. That can draw you in to mistaking those countries as proper EU.

There is a similar and wider-reaching in-game agreement which some nations count as EU for foreign player rule purposes. For example Serbians not using up non-eu slots in spain, as I experienced recently. That can draw you in to mistaking those countries as proper EU.

Of course I can't find it right now but there was a post by someone from SI that it has been coded in FM11 that as of 2014 or 2016 Serbia would be considered EU.

Ah, sorry, having just started the game up I now see that earlier I was thinking of the additional 'European Economic Area' nations as a wider set. And yes that does explain it as I'm far into the 2020's, and Serbia is indeed on there, as is Croatia, and rather a lot of the smaller states (like the baltic states). The fact that it includes Switzerland makes the in-game list more a 'counts as eu' more than 'actual eu'.

Archived