How often do you cave w/ your whiners re: new contracts?

If the guy is my first team player and he only have about a year and a half left in his contract, I click accept. Otherwise, I just click reject and tell them there's still time left in his current one and no talk. 95% of the time, they accept it and apologize me. If not, I just say shove it or else and they agree :-D

Depends on the player. If it's a youngster who's being paid less than 2k (I'm At.Madrid atm) a week and I play him fairly regulary I'll give him a better contract. Obvoiusly if I'm a smaller club the wage level will be lower. If it's a reserve player who just happened to get an offer from a bigger club however I reject and tell him to prove it to me on the pitch. Which seems to work. Also, if it's my star player who's already making well over 100k a week I obviously reject that.

if a player deserves a new deal then i'll offer them one, but when their agent demands a new one (after a transfer bid has been rejected) i usually tell them to get lost

Same here. The agent complaining often makes me realise that they are underpaid and deserve a new contract.

Depends:

-If his wage is way too low for his ability i will offer a new deal.

-If he got a lot of time left on his contract then no.. though sometimes he will whine to his team-mates and can cause some of them to dislike him.

-If the agent is just being a greedy **** i tell him to bugger off!

I take each demand on it's merits. I had a regen fullback who had come through at 16 and after an injury to Leighton Baines in the second season he'd play 64 games by the age of 17. He was being paid something like £150 per week. Chelsea bid £12m for him and when I rejected it he wanted a new contract. Fair enough.

Another time Luis Suarez, being paid £105,000, wanted a new deal because I rejected an offer from Real Madrid. I told him no and it didn't bother him.

Archived