Bottom at Christmas...

Has anybody else been bottom at Christmas and survived?

At Christmas I was bottom with 6 points, after drawing and losing all my games, my form picked up in the next year and i ended up in 15th.

http://img683.imageshack.us/i/englishpremierdivisionix.png/

http://img703.imageshack.us/i/englishpremierdivisionib.png/

(Sorry dont know how to put the images in the post as it never works)

No, can't say that I've ever been bottom at Christmas and managed to survive. Not just survive from relegation, survive from the sack as well. You were lucky not to have been fired, but well done on the turnaround and good luck for the new season.

I wasnt sacked because the season before I finished 12th, media prediction 20th, so my status was untouchable for a bit, and only ever went as low as stable, maybe due to the fact I signed a three year contract at end of last season.

Well don Eugene thats impressive!

All I did was list the players by Assistant Report. Then I sold all the players without enough Stars. It was November when I started this.

I then scouted my leauge and the league below me intensively. And I bought players with a higher amount of "stars" than I already had. I then scoured the Prem league for loans.

Something like 12 were shipped out, 5 new signings of better quality than I already had. And I loaned 3 players from the Prem, Jon Jo Shelvey, Bannann (can't remember 1st name?) and John Fleck.

So I sold 12, bought 5, 3 on loan (making 8 new players) and in effect reducing the squad by 4 players. The thing was every player I brought in was better than the best player in the team.

Once I got to the prem I again did this process. Remove the lowest star players, bring in higher rated "stars" players than I already have.

Scour for loans and only get players that are better than what you already have.

Lazio came an plucked me at christmas. I'm now doing the same thing there.

I've got Aaron Ramsey and Romelu Lukuala on loan. And I've shipped out the dead wood for 75% of their asking price. Thus freeing up wages and allowing more transfer money.

My biggest signing to date is Simon Kjaer at 22.5m.

I operate a football factory. Continually plucking the weak and adding the strong.

Not sure if this counts, but I took a job at West Ham on FM08 when they were rock bottom with 7 games left and something ridiculous like 12points from safety. I won 6 and drew the final game & survived on goal difference. Biggest save from relegation I have ever done.

Archived