Bought at 17, loaned out.... Now not home grown!?

What? Am I supposed to hope and pray that I get a Wayne Rooney to come through my academy ready to play first team football at the age of 16/17?

Or should I just deprive my promising youngsters of first team football and let them sit in the Reserves?

To be honest, Im not certain that loaning a good potential player out is always the best option for him.

Put him on an intense training schedule (Check out the training/tactics forum) and give him a few sub apps/occasional start and I think he'll improve almost as much as getting 15 apps for the first team in a lowly league.

The problem of players not gaining "Trained at club" status if you loan them out is not an FM problem, it's a real life rule.

I don't know the reason behind it but I suspect it's something to do with player poaching maybe?

Or maybe buying a non-EU player and loaning him to a foriegn feeder team abroad to gain EU citizenship..... Technically a player could therefore gain "Trained at Club" tag without even setting foot in the country.

Exactly what I do - if you know they are going to be world class keep them at the club and play them as much as possible to get home grown status as they will be in your time for 10 years +. The boarderline players I loan out to try and give them a leg up into your 1st team and/or raise their price/profile to sell on for a profit.

i like loaning my youngsters out. some times, when i have a really good youngster, I can get him to play 100 league games before he's 20.

my last one played 100 prem games before he was 20 years old.

I guess I can do that, but it is rather annoying when you still own the player but it doesn't count as being trained by the club when he's loaned :thdn:

My policy is when a player is 16/17, they play in the U18s, and get tutored.

When they turn 18, they will get loaned out. If they're good enough, they'll go into the first team, if they're not, I'll keep loaning them until they turn 22, if they're still not good enough, I'll sell them.

I agree with you and thats how I used to do it but this is how it now works in real life. It does make it a little more challenging which is always a good thing...

I guess I can do that, but it is rather annoying when you still own the player but it doesn't count as being trained by the club when he's loaned :thdn:

My policy is when a player is 16/17, they play in the U18s, and get tutored.

When they turn 18, they will get loaned out. If they're good enough, they'll go into the first team, if they're not, I'll keep loaning them until they turn 22, if they're still not good enough, I'll sell them.

Archived